As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny Pal Community Thread 3.0 New Pinny arcade fans start here. Winter is Coming Soon™

• mikegmi2mikegmi2 Registered User regular
    Hi everyone! I'm new-ish to this (been collecting since Prime 2014), and just recently wanted to look into getting into a group in order to specifically trade each PAX core set with 3 other collectors. Is this agreement common? I would be willing to collect 4 of a couple individual pins for the group, or trade doubles I get, but mainly want to keep it fairly simple and stress free while enjoying PAX (i'll be going to East this year).

If I can hop into a group or get 3 other like minded individuals to join up with, that would be cool.

• darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    mikegmi2 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm new-ish to this (been collecting since Prime 2014), and just recently wanted to look into getting into a group in order to specifically trade each PAX core set with 3 other collectors. Is this agreement common? I would be willing to collect 4 of a couple individual pins for the group, or trade doubles I get, but mainly want to keep it fairly simple and stress free while enjoying PAX (i'll be going to East this year).

If I can hop into a group or get 3 other like minded individuals to join up with, that would be cool.

Talk to people in your group and see what they want to do.
    Fill out the forum and I can put you in the group.
    Look at the first post and click the Google link.
    After south I can put you in one.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
    Darn, that's why I didn't sign up officially yet because I was hoping to get in on the South core set and trade an East set for it. Maybe I'll hold off until next year then, or trade with someone privately, thanks = )

mikegmi2 wrote: »
    Darn, that's why I didn't sign up officially yet because I was hoping to get in on the South core set and trade an East set for it. Maybe I'll hold off until next year then, or trade with someone privately, thanks = )

I can throw you into one. But I don't think anyone will respond as people are already traveling.
    Send me a message we can work a trade at east. I will be able to get you something.

My Pin collection
    Ok I am signed up. If any group that is missing an East person wants to get me into your group in time to buy me a South 2016 Core set, please do so and I will follow up with an East 2016 Core set, thanks.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
  • Kiki Kiki Lady Moogle Hat Boston, MARegistered User regular
    So I realized I hadn't quite introduced myself. I've been on the forum for a little bit and have been doin dat pinny lyfe since JUST after PAX Prime 2015 (the last Prime).

My irl nickname is Kiki, as is my handle. I am dating @Juicesir and he is showing me the pinny ropes, but I am a pretty fast learner. ^-^

Those who haven't met me yet, I am mostly on this forum for the sake of pins, pin trading, and pin info. So I'll be kicking around these parts of the forum a lot. #pinpinpins #pinnywifepinnylife

I'm open to trading, but I'd say I'm pretty laidback about it. :biggrin: Not sure if I'd like to join a pin group because of the laid back nature of my pinny collecting and I am unsure I can make it to all the PAXen.

It's good to meet everyone. ♡

• Kiki Kiki Lady Moogle Hat Boston, MARegistered User regular

P.S. @Juicesir and I just gawked at this. I have to say that ups their value to me exponentially...

• laungnomelaungnome Aka Tinkerpunk TexasRegistered User regular
    What exactly is slack, and how do I join? It says I have to be invited by the administrator.

Thanks!

• afroge1shaafroge1sha Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    hey all.... just like Pax South, I too, am still fairly new. can't wait to see how this next chapter of my life turns out. started collecting this year(actually 2 days ago). feel like I have a lot to discover and figure out along the way.

http://bit.ly/1JWlXbs
    Use this link for slack.
    We can answer all the questions you might have.

My Pin collection
  • evanephrineevanephrine ev-an-eff-rinn Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    afroge1sha wrote: »
    hey all.... just like Pax South, I too, am still fairly new. can't wait to see how this next chapter of my life turns out. started collecting this year(actually 2 days ago). feel like I have a lot to discover and figure out along the way.

Glad you could join us! Don't hold back if you ever need any help with the discovering and figuring, that's what we're here for.

• SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Welcome to the new pinners! :)

• Tubby2877Tubby2877 Addicted Pinner Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    ka98lbn9iffx.jpg

I just wanted to thank my pinnypal Khraul for being an awesome pal over the 4-5 months, who not only collected heaps of prime pins, but also was willing to be an intermediary for me, and save on shipping for me during the holiday season as you can see above, even chucked in a few goodies (and before you ask, yes we have peanut butter in Aus, but vegemite for peanut butter is a trade in itself)

Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond his control, he will be leaving The Pinultimates, and crowtales and I will be sad to see him leave. We will be looking for a new prime member (and still looking for a new south person as well), if you are an enthusiast, please feel free to get in contact.

• bravesaturnbravesaturn World's Best Entry Level Employee Registered User regular
    Tubby2877 wrote: »
    (and before you ask, yes we have peanut butter in Aus, but vegemite for peanut butter is a trade in itself)

@Tubby2877 i bet aussies don't have peanut butter with cute cuddly teddy bears on the label though! :biggrin:

• thefawnnthefawnn Draws pictures and loves Gabe seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Tubby2877 wrote: »
    (and before you ask, yes we have peanut butter in Aus, but vegemite for peanut butter is a trade in itself)

@Tubby2877 i bet aussies don't have peanut butter with cute cuddly teddy bears on the label though! :biggrin:
    Nope, their peanut butter has dropbears on the label.

• Slylou123Slylou123 Pin Lover MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Hello everyone. I just started collecting my pins on the last day of pax east 2015, and I went crazy. Ever since I have been buying sets off the store and slowly trying to invest in some of the buy able ones that are still floating around on some 3rd party stores.

Check my collection out https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Slylou123

Im 100% interested in trading the core sets from all the pax's and Im dedicated to collecting as I can without pulling all my hair out. In general id say im highly Enthusiastic but not hardcore.

I just filled out the google docs and hope to match up soon!

6 new sign ups woot.

My Pin collection
    made updates to the groups to some groups.

My Pin collection
  • Hitchhiker DentHitchhiker Dent Registered User regular
    Howdy! I'm not new to Pinny Arcade, but I am new to the community. I'm stoked at being part of a pin pal partnership. Actually, I think I'm more excited for the chance at competing in best pin pun group name.

Howdy! I'm not new to Pinny Arcade, but I am new to the community. I'm stoked at being part of a pin pal partnership. Actually, I think I'm more excited for the chance at competing in best pin pun group name.

Other then collecting pins and working with your group that's the best part.

My Pin collection
  • CupcakeMiryaiCupcakeMiryai Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    So I'm new around here. Someone close to me introduced me to the world of Pinny Arcade, and needless to say it was hook, line and sinker. I'm looking to expand my collection (Currently only 4 pins) and I figured at least peeking in here would be a good start to at least get an idea.

CupcakeMiryai on
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Here's a quick rundown:

So I'm new around here. Someone close to me introduced me to the world of Pinny Arcade, and needless to say it was hook, line and sinker. I'm looking to expand my collection (Currently only 4 pins) and I figured at least peeking in here would be a good start to at least get an idea.

Welcome to the Pals! Basically anything you need help with feel free to ask, we're a rad bunch and very happy to help out and get you caught up on all the shenanigans.

edited February 2016

Welcome to your pinny group.
    I noticed you signed up for a group.
    If you have any question please let me know.

darkinfero on
    My Pin collection
    Hey all,

So, this is not good news. Last night I had a house fire and I lost a portion of my home, my belongings and a portion of myself. My right arm got badly burned and may need to be amputated. My pin collection survived, as well as pins that I owe people, which will still of course be sent. Due to this loss and the money required to rebuild I am forced to get out of the game.

Thanks for everything.

Senno.

• 2slayeru2slayeru Mount Gambier, South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    sorry to hear this has happen to you @Senno hope they can save your arm

• Sammy.SamSammy.Sam Registered User regular
    I am so sorry Senno, that is awful. I hope everything goes well & you have a speedy recovery. We are all pulling for you.

• HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    @Senno :-(

Let me know if there's anything I can do, or the community at large as well. There was more than enough interest in chat to try and help you out with this. Please let us know if you need anything.

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
    Holy crap @Senno I'm sorry to hear that! I lost a bunch of stuff when my apartment burned down as well but it wasn't nearly as bad as your situation. If there's anything we can do I know this community has your back, just say the word.

• surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I'm so sorry to hear about this Senno... if there's any way any of us can help please let us know. Wishing you the best in recovery.

That's awful to hear @Senno. If you need anything let us know, and I hope your injuries aren't too bad. :(

I'm sorry to hear that Senno. Let us know what we can do to help. Your not alone .

My Pin collection
  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Senno I am so sorry... If there is anything you need please don't hesitate to ask. I hope you and any loved ones that were affected are safe.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Capt WasabiCapt Wasabi AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Woah, @Senno that's just horrible. All the best with the arm. Your based in Vic right? If there is anything us Vic pinny pals can do please let us know.

UPDATE: Trying to see the positive side.

I won't need amputation. At least not now. The dead flesh has been removed and the nerves are still there. I can still feel things and I can wiggle all my fingers now. Its weird typing one handed. My fiance tells me that the damage is mostly superficial and she said the insurance is sending over someone to inspect in a few days. Work has me on sick leave and I have some holiday pay available as well. The guys at work are putting together a collection, and I think her friends are too. I'll be needing a bunch of skin grafts, but thats covered by healthcare - so all in all, there really isn't much lost here. I might be able to stay in the game after all. Everyone's been real nice and supportive - as have you all and I appreciate it all.

It's my own stupid fault that this happened - it was an accident but it happened because of my stupidity. I love collecting and I love this community and I can see that you guys really care. So - I would definitely like to continue being a part of it - but I'll find out later tonight how bad it is and the next few days how much we can lose.

And yes, Im in Victoria, Australia. But I dont want any handouts or cards or anything. I live close to the hospital and I can walk home easy. I'll update in a few days after we work everything out. If I have to get rid of my collection I'll state as much in Slack chat.

• ajetog@gmail.comajetog@gmail.com WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Good to hear you won't need an amputation. Take care of yourself and remember gifts aren't handouts, they're expressions of caring. And the pinny community cares!

• blighttdmblighttdm NYRegistered User regular
    Wow, I hope things get better Senno! Glad to hear good things about the arm. Houses can be rebuilt, people cannot. Sending the good juju!

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    "Tubby2877 wrote: »
    I just wanted to thank my pinnypal Khraul for being an awesome pal over the 4-5 months, who not only collected heaps of prime pins, but also was willing to be an intermediary for me, and save on shipping for me during the holiday season as you can see above, even chucked in a few goodies (and before you ask, yes we have peanut butter in Aus, but vegemite for peanut butter is a trade in itself)

Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond his control, he will be leaving The Pinultimates, and crowtales and I will be sad to see him leave. We will be looking for a new prime member (and still looking for a new south person as well), if you are an enthusiast, please feel free to get in contact.

I haven't been lurking here lately and I totally missed this post...

I saw that you and Crow have new South and Prime pinpals... they are in fantastic company with The Pinultimates! It was a pleasure trading with you guys and I'm sure I'll make it back in the pin game at some point! :biggrin:

Have fun at your Pax's this year guys :biggrin:

And Senno, get well and take care of yourself.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • SlothofozSlothofoz Australia, PerthRegistered User regular
    filled out fourm im so keen