As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hellgate†London: It's out. Why aren't you playing it?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited November 2007

http://www.heckler-koch.de/ ?

...or maybe just use photobucket. If you're even talking about somewhere to dump screenshots.

Echo on
  • Options
    krylon666krylon666 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Septus wrote: »
    If you have a weapon that only does a meager 6% spectral damage, but you have a whole bunch of phase strength, do you still have as high of a chance to phase as a spectral based weapon with the same phase strength?

well i'm just guessing here but that seems correct. the strength should just determine if you actually phase/ignite/etc and the damage is just damage.

krylon666 on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I am about to hit level 10, how awesome are Lighting Field, Bone Shards?

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Not real life weapons, like a site like thottbot or one of it's ilk that lists weaps.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    urahonky wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Hah. Got a unique sniper rifle off Bag O' Bones: Arashi Spider-Shot or something.

...so why did they remove the screenshot function from the retail client? :x

Hit Printscreen... And it should be in your document's folder, under My Games or something.

Printscreen doesn't work for me, but the /screenshot command does. I should probably look into whether I can map that to printscreen or not.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Man you guys are spoiled, I played the single player demo with super-low settings and I thought it was awesome.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Preacher wrote: »
    Not real life weapons, like a site like thottbot or one of it's ilk that lists weaps.

They had a site that listed a whole bunch of different weapons with movies and shit, but then they redesigned it with the current piece of shit.

Echo on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Preacher wrote: »

Probably not going to see one for a little while at least. The items can have multiple attributes on them, as well as different damages or strengths, item levels, etc.

I guess you could have a database full of possible item mods or something, but it would be silly to have a database full of hellgate weapons because most of the attributes are random.

Edit: Unless you're talking about just a list of base weapon types or something.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I just found a hidden passage INSIDE a hidden passage INSIDE a treasure passage.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    flammiebcflammiebc Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I am about to hit level 10, how awesome are Lighting Field, Bone Shards?

Lightning Field with a couple levels does decent damage over a period of time; you toss an orb out and it generates a lightning field at the location. Proceed to stun them with demonspine, or other spells of your choice after that. You can throw the orb from a very good distance away too...

Which is the problem I have with bone shards. It's essentially spine burst from CoH, pbaoe damage with chance to stun. They took out the animation time in patch 0, I believe, so it should be at least passable by now.

flammiebc on
    Switch: SW-7753-7176-1119
    PSN: LucidStar_BC
  • Options
    widowsonwidowson Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Very late post....

While the through about bringing Holy Wrath upon the minions of Hell is something I might enjoy, this game got 3 stars of gamespy.com, who's known for inflating ratings.

Why? Is it that meh?

widowson on
    -I owe nothing to Women's Lib.

Margaret Thatcher
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Well unique weps I believe retain the same stats everytime, and some legendaries have set stats, like that rail gun serial linked.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HibikiHibiki Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Is there any way to jump into more crowded towns? I know it's done for performance reasons but it's getting really dull being in the town by myself 99% of the time, the other 1% i will see maybe one other person.

Hibiki on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    A_ccualt wrote: »
    What is with the HUD? Almost none of it is explained in the tutorial or the instruction manual. We figured out most everything, I think, but still aren't sure what those three little symbols in the bottom right are for. They seem to change frequently and don't appear to have anything to do with what I have equipped.

Mini-game. Causes more loot to drop once you meet the requirements. There's a chart that I posted in spoilers on the page you posted this question, or the previous one.

(Your question wasn't answered in the first few posts after yours, so I apologise if it did afterwards, I'm just trying to make sure everyone gets their questions dealt with.)

devoir on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    widowson wrote: »
    Very late post....

While the through about bringing Holy Wrath upon the minions of Hell is something I might enjoy, this game got 3 stars of gamespy.com, who's known for inflating ratings.

Why? Is it that meh?

This is a 97 page thread. Do you think there are 97 pages detailing how much this game sucks?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Forar wrote: »
    Forar the Engineer is up to level 9, and managed to snag a lucky automatic rifle "Yellow" (5 star... Legendary? Unique?) around level 7 or 8 which I've upgraded to level 10. I know, I know, Auto rifles are kinda ass compared to some of the weapons, but this thing hits like a truck.

Auto rifles are fine. I'm using one at 27, it just takes the right kind of rifle with the right mods/updates.
    A quick question; I'd heard that the shared stash was Subscriber Only, but then I've heard that it's supposed to be available to regular accounts as well, just smaller. Any word on this?

http://hellgatelondon.com/subscriber-chart

At the moment shared stash isn't even listed as a feature for subscribers. I'm guessing that they hope to supersede the functionality with the mailing system which should be in within the next month, month and a half.

devoir on
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    krylon666 wrote: »
    i saw something interesting (to me at least) on the official forums regarding weapons. a guy was looking for a certain level grey (white) item with max upgrade slots. his reasoning being that you can just make a gun that is better than the legendary by using all the upgrade slots and upgrading it in the nano-whatever machine to add legendary attributes. as the legendary items are just the base weapon with a few random legendary upgrades.

i guess this seems obvious in some ways, but the ability to choose your upgrades and end up with a better weapon is the important thing. its something i wouldn't think to do (mostly cause im still learning the mechanics of the items, but also because i'm easily impressed by all the cool stars and gold color on the legendary items).

This isn't entirely true. Green items get one special property, blue 2, legendary 3, unique 3 or 4. Many items (especially weapons, it seems) can hold a lot more than 3 properties.

Since enhancement cost is based on item level (and not rarity/properties), a blue sword with 4 mods is better than a grey sword with 4 mods. In single player, I was able to make some really awesome gear by buying/finding/crafting blue or orange stuff, then enhancing it three times. Using the enhancer isn't all that practical due to the cost, but if you hax yourself some money in single-player you can make some great equipment.

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Fireflash wrote: »
    Shields suck? I'm only lvl 15 but they seem pretty useful for my evoker. I tend to not get hit too often so my shields are usually enough to absorb the damage.

At higher levels and with a group, you stand very little chance of being able to avoid all damage for prolonged periods of time. Situations like those are when shields become useless, even considering the fact that you don't get status affected until the enemy are doing damage to your hit points.

devoir on
  • Options
    BaronVonSnakPakBaronVonSnakPak Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    anyone else get REALLY shit performance in chocolate park?

BaronVonSnakPak on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    360 Gamertag: Baronskatenbass Steam: BaronVonSnakPak HgL: AnsonLuap
  • Options
    LingxorLingxor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    lightning field is pretty good.

havent tried bone shards yet.

Lingxor on
  • Options
    DoronronDoronron Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So I'm fiddling around with this, and while its skill effects are not complete, it could be a fun time waster at work or perhaps give some possible insight on builds -- provided you know enough about the class you play.

Doronron on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I actually had a legendary sword lose damage(from 10-15 to 9-14) when enhancing it. I didn't look as carefully as I could have at all stats before doing it, but I couldn't see anything that was boosted. Not that it should matter, I don't think any new property should be added on at the cost of damage.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Does anyone know if the Guy Fawkes event has a Guy Fawkes mask? I need a Guy Fawkes mask!

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    powersurge wrote: »
    Sooo newbie question.... I didn't try to in the beta but is there a way to reset a instance? I just started playing and I want to run the 1st hellgate a few times before I move on. Is there a way to reset it after I finish?

Log out, log back in, or do some jiggering about with groups.

(Your question wasn't answered in the first few posts after yours, so I apologise if it did afterwards, I'm just trying to make sure everyone gets their questions dealt with.)

devoir on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I heard that was a bug sept, enhancing legendaries can make them worse.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hah. Got a unique sniper rifle off Bag O' Bones: Arashi Spider-Shot or something.

Screenshots are in My Documents\My Games\Hellgate London\Screenshots\

devoir on
  • Options
    krylon666krylon666 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    i saw something interesting (to me at least) on the official forums regarding weapons. a guy was looking for a certain level grey (white) item with max upgrade slots. his reasoning being that you can just make a gun that is better than the legendary by using all the upgrade slots and upgrading it in the nano-whatever machine to add legendary attributes. as the legendary items are just the base weapon with a few random legendary upgrades.

i guess this seems obvious in some ways, but the ability to choose your upgrades and end up with a better weapon is the important thing. its something i wouldn't think to do (mostly cause im still learning the mechanics of the items, but also because i'm easily impressed by all the cool stars and gold color on the legendary items).

This isn't entirely true. Green items get one special property, blue 2, legendary 3, unique 3 or 4. Many items (especially weapons, it seems) can hold a lot more than 3 properties.

Since enhancement cost is based on item level (and not rarity/properties), a blue sword with 4 mods is better than a grey sword with 4 mods. In single player, I was able to make some really awesome gear by buying/finding/crafting blue or orange stuff, then enhancing it three times. Using the enhancer isn't all that practical due to the cost, but if you hax yourself some money in single-player you can make some great equipment.

i'm not sure what part isn't entirely true though. how is a blue sword with 4 mods better than a grey sword with 4 mods if you can add better properties to the grey sword? i'm not saying it won't cost more to make weapons similar or better than the legendary - i'm just saying the implication is the 'homemade' weapons will have better stats, since you can pick the ones you want.

krylon666 on
  • Options
    DeliasDelias Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    anyone else get REALLY shit performance in chocolate park?

Yup, performance goes down the tube there and in its latter version in Act 5. Thank God I get my new PC tomorrow.

You know those folks who bought this game for the single player aspect are possibly cutting themselves by now, especially if they don't have an internet connection (I know, its 2007, but I work for an ISP, you'd be surprised how many folks we get who are just now connecting to this scary intarweb for the first time). While we can all stare at the light at the end of the tunnel that is the patch that will fix all these problems, those folks will live in darkness, forever crashing and memory leaking until an expansion pack graces us. At least there's some solice in the fact that those people are probably the minority.

Delias on
    darleysam wrote: »
    Wrex has no problem taking cover. Cover has a problem taking Wrex.

SWTOR - Elysium
    League of Legends Handle - Siegfreid
    WoW - Siegfreid
    FFXIV - Maxim
  • Options
    InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Just got this, installing. I hope it works cause I can't return it. If not, oh well, itll have to wait for my pre- SC2 rig I plan to build

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
    AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
  • Options
    DeliasDelias Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I see a lot of conversation on the official forums about nerfs to crafting augmentations(The majority of augments no longer being of a rare or legendary quality, but more of a white/normal quality). Anyone here noticing this or is it just the usual post-patch mass conspiracy crap?

Delias on
    darleysam wrote: »
    Wrex has no problem taking cover. Cover has a problem taking Wrex.

SWTOR - Elysium
    League of Legends Handle - Siegfreid
    WoW - Siegfreid
    FFXIV - Maxim
  • Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Currently aiming toward this as my MM build. Yes I know that only one special can trigger on any given crit, but with all 3 maxed I've a good odd of something triggering on a crit. Mods were going to lean heavily toward +x%crit to $type, then I found out how those work and instead they will be leaning toward +x to crit %. Season to taste with nova procs and let simmer for 50 levels.

A-Puck on
    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Delias wrote: »
    I see a lot of conversation on the official forums about nerfs to crafting augmentations(The majority of augments no longer being of a rare or legendary quality, but more of a white/normal quality). Anyone here noticing this or is it just the usual post-patch mass conspiracy crap?

That would suck, as they add so much flavor to weapons. I've still yet to see even one mod that adds an aoe on hit(I find plenty that are on a kill) and that would be so damn awesome for the otherwise sucky automatic rifles I have.

Meanwhile, I'm aaaaahhhhgonizing over what other classes to play. My engineer seems stale to what I might find as a marksman, possibly because smackdown sucks to target, and I'm unimpressed with molotov randomly going off behind me instead of where I target, and because I never boosted my drone. I think my build can still fit points for a boosted drone, but we'll see. Blademaster seems awesome in every way except surviving, as I don't think surge of restoration heals enough, and the on kill requirement is annoying. Evoker sounds cool except for all the very heavy focus on precise positioning for skills(spectral bolt, tempest, hellfire etc), and Marksman sounds like it'd give me a better version of what I've so far enjoyed the most, just blasting the shit out of enemies, except I don't want to feel identical to the last 18 levels on my engineer.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Puck, you can't make that build, you have to have more points in the first tier because of level requirements. Redo your build, but set the level to 2 and turn on auto-level in the skill calculator.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    There are some mods that add effect to hit I know I had an electro bolt one and I had a rifle with a five point exploding fire one built in.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    intelnaviintelnavi Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Anyone know what a good phase attack strength to shoot for? like is 1100% good? Or should I go for more? I'm looking at this for an endgame point of view.

intelnavi on
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Just registered on the website, and I'm about to install this bad boy.

I have to grind a bit in WoW tonight, but I'll be on for sure afterwards. Save me a spot in the Arcadians. <3

Kami on
  • Options
    ParisInFlamesParisInFlames Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Man, they either need to combine swords and guns into one mini game category, or massively boost the amount of swords that drop. I've finished 5 instances with the same mini game because I still have not found one fucking sword.

ParisInFlames on
    UnderwaterUmbrellaGirlwider.jpg
    Steam id: skoot LoL id: skoot
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Mods are a pain for my fiancee me I get them like candy.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    devoir wrote: »

Screenshots are in My Documents\My Games\Hellgate London\Screenshots\

Yep, got my beta shots there. Nothing since I installed retail.

Echo on
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

i'm not sure what part isn't entirely true though. how is a blue sword with 4 mods better than a grey sword with 4 mods if you can add better properties to the grey sword? i'm not saying it won't cost more to make weapons similar or better than the legendary - i'm just saying the implication is the 'homemade' weapons will have better stats, since you can pick the ones you want.

I personally have been upgrading sniper rifles, currently using a 6 mod one, 1 fuel 1 ammo , 2 tech, 2 battery that has been upgraded a few times with the Nano Forge, and given legendary traits 3 times with the augmentor thingy.

It one shots everything so far, cept bosses.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
This discussion has been closed.