As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blade & Soul] WARLOCK! Poharan/Cerulean Order! Leveling Challenge!

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I am thinking of actually leveling a summoner for this just for using it as an easy source of added income (since they can solo things AND pvp with complete ease, which are the two ways to get money I am most interested in).

Still it is tempting to level a BD just because of how hard you could twink one out.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Selling gold has gotten me enough hong moon coin to get a training page so I can have a PvE and PvP loadout, as well as some outfits. It delayed my upgrade to awoken pirate but I'm not exactly lacking damage-wise, meaning I can up my game wardrobe-wise instead.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    JediNightJediNight Registered User regular
    Buying an outfit and a training page the other day was enough to bump me into Rank4 and the 20% discount on upgrades, which is perfect timing, as I'm just going through True Siren atm and pushing on to the Pirate weapon.

• Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Got the Best Friend outfit on my warlock with 10 of the rng boxes I saved and got 900 or so hong moon coins back from the 25 total boxes I had bought. Then I landed on the venture token on the daily dash so two gold in currency exchange later, I got a second outfit! Now if I could get the warlock into Cerulean. . . that will be the true test.

Varg on
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Varg wrote: »
    Now if I could get the warlock into Cerulean. . . that will be the true test.

Ugh, forgot about this. Wish they'd let you join the right faction if you had a clan you plan to run with, or something.

Are we gonna be stuck waiting until there aren't many Cerulean players on, just so we can get in?

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I just got into Blue with my lock so it is just a matter of patience waiting for other lock alts that impatiently take red.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    threw some cards at dudes, seemed okay

• Options
    Hard to tell when my LMB kills stuff in 3 hits after weapon upgrades.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    VahraanVahraan Registered User regular
    Basically. Every now and then scooping everything up and 2>3 channel>4 in a dungeon is absurd. But most of the time, LMBx3 and your done.

PSN: Gumbotron88 3DS FC: 0018-3695-0013 (Devon)
  • Options
    I see you guys haven't played summoner at all

• Options
    Beat the Naryu Labyrinth. That is pretty fun, but runs a bit long.

Going to need another 15~ attack power I think before I can beat Mushin's third form though.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    The best warlock attack animation is for their dragoncall ability (4). The lock cuts two rifts in the fabric of reality, turns to face the camera, then strikes a pose while two dragons fly out of the rifts to explode on the target.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    So now as my KFM reaches 45 I have to say the experience has been so much better all around. Lots more options to fiddle with for PVE and PVP has been nowhere near the headache it was as FM. Granted, so far my PVP has been mostly vs bots of low caliber. I think there was even a warlock bot, but I do not know their playstyle well enough at this point to be able to tell. I just know that if it wasn't a bot, he was using some game altering software. He repeatedly moved around when airborne (which any person bot or otherwise does when they use that "always face the target" thing that lets them turn when disabled) and almost always popped slightly away from me when I would stun him. But his damage was non existent and he was ripe for guard breaking.

I saved up enough money to jump right into good gear as soon as I hit 45, except I wasted 2 hours last night trying to get the stupid fucking Hujikar or whatever its name is weapon. It is a quick spawning fight, but holy shit I ate through 50 keys so far. It is QUITE rude to make you unlock a chest to get a chest you need to unlock. However, it was fairly good training for learning how to tank properly.

• Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Screw that, buying every key past level 40. Not going through that headache. You win this time NCSoft....

Also, its disturbing how poorly translated a lot of the warlocks abilities are. Hope that gets patched asap.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    The best warlock attack animation is for their dragoncall ability (4). The lock cuts two rifts in the fabric of reality, turns to face the camera, then strikes a pose while two dragons fly out of the rifts to explode on the target.

it also does a metric shit ton of damage

• Options
    Warlock starting levels makes every other class look like a fucking joke. MASSIVE STYLISH Damage, a block, 3 CCs, a pet for more DPS, lots of AoE. If you had to judge every class just off the first 15 levels then this game should be all locks.

The only possible improvement I can see is if Dragon Call had a different Bayonetta style-pose and flair every time you fully cast it.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Talith wrote: »
    Warlock starting levels makes every other class look like a fucking joke. MASSIVE STYLISH Damage, a block, 3 CCs, a pet for more DPS, lots of AoE. If you had to judge every class just off the first 15 levels then this game should be all locks.

The only possible improvement I can see is if Dragon Call had a different Bayonetta style-pose and flair every time you fully cast it.

From my interpretation of the ability screen, one of the ability upgrades turns dragoncall into dragon helix, an instant cast provided you have spectral orbs generated by other skills.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    In general when you have skill points and all your skills, you should never be using dragoncall with a cast time.

The best part about warlock is they get a ranged aoe knockdown, as well as a range aoe multi hit attack. Both have the same AOE. This is incredible for early leveling because you get the yellow lifedrain on kd/stun gem and well, hilariousness.

I finally got that damn weapon last night. I had just about given up and went and bought some hongmoon coin on my FM, and when I switched over I decided to give it a few more shots until I got angry again. Got it one the second try and never bought the key, so I JUST barely got out of that one. I might still need to buy it later with the brightmoon weapon. Cause I am saving the guaranteed one for the siren upgrade because I do NOT want to farm that content 60 times.

• Options
    summoner is the same way as warlock early on. 2 rumblebees, next mob. dunno about force master

• Options
    How is everyone doing with this lately? I managed 45 on my KFM last night (it took me longer to go from 40-45 than it did everything before 40). I tried Poh 4 and failed miserably at her. I had to attempt to tank for two fresh 45 warlocks (though with better equipment than myself) and a solid Assassin. I was unable to do so. I could not get a solid grasp on avoiding her leap attack daze. The lack of gear really didn't hurt me though, cause I COULD hold aggro, and I would have died even with more hp if I kept eating that attack anyway.

• Options
    I've been focusing on leveling a warlock for the event. Between that and The Division, my blade master is on the bench for now. However, I do plan to try to get though Mushin's Tower with the blade master eventually.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Warlock's at 24, slowly plugging away at it. Have two weeks left right? Hm...

• Options
    At 25 I was at those flower fields and leveled 2.5 times during the course of a 30 min dragon soup because Warlock is stupid good at killing large amounts of enemies quickly and continuously.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Not sure if I have it in me to complete the event. I barely have 2 weeks and it took me at least 3 to level my KFM. And I put in as much extra time as I could. I guess I slowed down a bit trying to keep up with gold making on my FM so I could afford upgrades as soon as I hit 45, but I don't think I would want to give that up now. I will just have to hope if I really want the costume it is reasonable on the store.

• Options
    Talith wrote: »
    At 25 I was at those flower fields and leveled 2.5 times during the course of a 30 min dragon soup because Warlock is stupid good at killing large amounts of enemies quickly and continuously.

Flower fields?

I really should practice trying to AOE mobs down. Do you just run around, grab them all, then 2 > 3 > 4 them?

• Options
    The Wraithbloom Meadows. It's very densely populated with fast spawning mobs that are level 25. You can drink some dragon soup and easily farm them from 24-28 and go back to questing afterwards. At level 30 there is another one in the scorching sands, two dungeons called digsites on the south eastern corner.

I just hit plat in 1v1. Many destroyers died in the process.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    You are going to those way late. Meadows is best 22-25, and do the digs 25-31.

• Options
    If you are actually running around doing all the quests you end up at the meadow at level 25.

I know this because a buddy of mine I'm leveling my lock with is a pain in the ass about doing every single quest.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Good thing you aren't leveling with me...

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Yeah I've been hitting all the quests.

Am I right as far as the method, though?

• Options
    Welp, 28 warlock now. I think. Got to the Cinderlands area that actually looks like a cinderland (that first sand/desert area), did some faction missions and got to Private. Also bought the Cerulean weapon for the skin (haven't applied it yet) just 'coz. Should I continue to rank up while I'm here or wait until the next faction quest hub?

And I think I'm too high to do the soup-grind thing in the digsites, right? Where should I be soupgrinding now?

I tried to do the Wraithbloom Meadows while there for questing, but I had issues running around to gather mobs. I'd get three or four before one of them would hit me with an attack and cancel my sprint, so I'd wait until they were grouped up chasing me and 2 < 3 < 4 them. (Am I doing that right? I should find a video or something...) Just feels like I should be able to gather more before burning them down.

• Options
    Beat Floor 8 with 5 seconds left. Feels good ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Did some moderate upgrades to my comp. Got the game running 60 fps with pretty much maxed settings. Of course with tons of players around it goes down, but it seem like in any reasonable situation it looks great. Very exciting.

• Options
    chirp chirp

:(

• Options
    I've been trying to limit how much I play each day, can't let an MMO eat up too much time and prevent me from enjoying other games. That said, I still have been logging in daily and my warlock is almost 45.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Same. Been trying to at least get one level per day on the warlock while also setting aside time to play other stuff.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Looks like western player demands are getting addressed:

Blade and soul March 16th Test servers on Korea
    • DPSmeter
    • Ping added
    • Time stamps on chat
    • Gender / Race change

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Oh, they are actually adding a dps meter? I hope it has decent skill breakdowns so you can properly see where damage is coming from and how well you are handling rotations.

• Options
    Considering it wasn't until our release and our requesting it so badly they added it, it will very likely not be that kind of dps meter.

The SS someone provided shows it as just a display of your dps, and the % of overall damage everyone did to the target that fight.

Also if no one has seen yet, Silverfrost was announced. No date given, but all announcements were 2 weeks before the release in other cases. If not that, since preseason 2 and the daily dash end 3 weeks from now, it could be then.

I personally only play this as my major game. I have no other real interest and the majority of my gaming comes from PC due to it being most convenient in my household. Only other game that gets serious playtime is Super Mario Maker, and my kids almost always beg for that minutes after I start it up anyway.

I joined another clan on my KFM. I need an active and full place to play. I assume everyone else still playing are fine with casually being on their own, as no one showed any interest in maintaining anything really sociall on our end. That and the fact no one seemed interested in looking for somewhere else to go as a group :| . The place I joined is semi casual, they have a monthly tax but it keeps the clan level high and they have a solid foundation of 50+ people with no alts and what seems like over 2/3 are completely active (I just joined last night, but there was 25 people on on a week day night with no major happenings).

I am finding a way to hunker down and keep at this game till we see everything it has to offer over here, and then likely at least keeping up with PVP in it on the side when we run out of constant updates.

• Options
    I think I burned myself out. Trying to level three different classes through the same quests got really boring. I still want to play my warlock but I don't feel that drive to level it to 45 for the challenge as much as I did in the beginning. /shrug