As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SE++ Minecraft: We're Still Here!

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Someone broke the Monster Hunter Guilds ender crystal

Which means they either had to go up there and hit it, or shoot it with a arrow

You would have to go out of your way to hit it in its current location

Could people just....not do that?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    So this missive appeared in the Monster Slayer Guild's message box tonight:

JnWU1na.png
    NbGxDxt.png

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Someone broke the Monster Hunter Guilds ender crystal

Which means they either had to go up there and hit it, or shoot it with a arrow

You would have to go out of your way to hit it in its current location

Could people just....not do that?

Could it have been a stray Creeper or lightning? Maybe a Skeleton?

What I'm getting at is I hope a person didn't do it.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    There is nothing up there that would aggro a mob, and the chance if lightning hitting it are so slim

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    @AwesomeDracula I found what I think is your horse in the nether today by the spawn portal:

uUZGHwp.jpg

I penned it in since I wasn't sure what was best to do with it.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    I have found golden and diamond horse armor.

I now have three sets of horse armor... but no horse.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »
    I have found golden and diamond horse armor.

I now have three sets of horse armor... but no horse.

Well then pardner look for the RANCHO CABALLERO on yer dynmap! Many horses are available to the general public!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    So the event we had was massive like the last one. I don't have time for writeup, so I'll just give the Book that appeared after the battle.

A Monk Sealed Letter

If you were in the this battle, you can take 1 diamond and 1 Emerald from the rewards chest in the Monster slaying Tavern.

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    EDIT: Double post

MetaHybrid on
  • Options
    notafish9notafish9 The answer is usually don`t think about it Registered User regular
    After failing to remember to document the last few events, I decided to play war photographer for The Battle of Bunny Hill. Here are some of the highlights:
    kwhlvt7k4ike.png
    rtguka1oczau.png
    53mpljvs0gqw.png
    3n4717mtqbyy.png
    j3tzb7i28umj.png
    wuue7kvbmcph.png
    1zl8ieanb344.png
    bceqcknh0ynb.png
    1ln5hr93cdin.png
    92ts26j6c2d4.png
    ka1px80op2qd.png
    kjgndk3lcmnw.png
    l6nr3bin2vje.png

• Options
    hey guys just a heads up, I just remembered that the forum's built-in image upload system is kind of buggy right now with .png files. ( http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/203953/attached-image-size-discrepancy ) It seems to resave them with negative compression, which balloons 1920x1080 screenshots up to 8 megabytes each. You need to either host them somewhere else or resave them as a .jpg before uploading to keep the file size down.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    here's the screens I grabbed from last night:
    QwR1LtJ.jpg
    UAqy3o1.jpg
    Zqblkzx.jpg
    y3S4ukt.jpg
    11INnWp.jpg

• Options
    greygrey Registered User regular
    Remember when I crashed the server way back on the islands map? Well, good news is I didn't crash the server this time. Bad news is I did delete all entities in the main map (not the nether). This only affected chunks that were loaded at the time. The main area where you may find things missing is Spawnissima. Mostly item frames, pictures, and animals were affected. If you see something missing please let me or one of the other admin know, we'll replace it for you.

Bouncy pig, storehouse, and cow pen have all been fixed.

I am a big dummy.

• Options
    hey guys just a heads up, I just remembered that the forum's built-in image upload system is kind of buggy right now with .png files. ( http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/203953/attached-image-size-discrepancy ) It seems to resave them with negative compression, which balloons 1920x1080 screenshots up to 8 megabytes each. You need to either host them somewhere else or resave them as a .jpg before uploading to keep the file size down.

Good news, this problem is fixed! But the bad news is the normal file size for 1920x1080 minecraft screenshots is 900 KB, which is still 400 KB over the image size rule in normal threads, so you're still gonna want to either edit their dimensions down to reduce the file size before uploading them or make them links rather than inline them.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Hey Bahamut, I saddled and iron armored on of yer horses! I'm gonna call her "Epona"!

As soon as I figure out how to name horses...

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    If you need name tags I got those and saddles for days buddy

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    get a name tag from somewhere, rename the name tag on an anvil, then right click it on the thing you want to give a name

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    So there attributes you can modify for every kind of weapon

Things like speed and attack can be modified by command per weapon

So, theoretically, we could have several classes of sword and axe outside of what we have now

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I'm waiting for the "how about one that replaces every air block with a charged creeper"

• Options
    edited March 2016
    The Museum of Monsters is now open to the general public. Gaze upon the armour and weapons used by the villains encountered in Bounty Quests.

All our exhibits are orginals unless stated otherwise. We also have an exhibit showcasing the recreated gear used by a monster only heard in legend.

We are located in front of the Monster Slaying Guild, on the south walkway.

MetaHybrid on
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    I'm going to need some admin support. Appears I have bugged out. I had gotten to the Spawndola dock when I suddenly couldn't get out of the boat. Logged out and logged back in, and now when I log back in I'm in the same place in the ocean under Spawnissima. I can't interact with objects or items (can't look in chests, can't pick up wheat, can't fish, etc.) Also a mooshroom I was transporting by boat is in the sea near me, just there. Please help.

• Options
    ruddehruddeh "Speak softly and carry a big bone." Registered User regular
    Boats have been bugging out lately. I will be around the majority of today, I'll leave mc open for when you can be online again.

oie_16203338tCzUZPXv.gif
  • Options
    Ashaman42Ashaman42 Registered User regular
    Hullo, I appear to have the exact same problem that Maya had earlier. Is there a mod about perchance?

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    grey, when you get a chance, if you could repopulate the pigpens and chicken coop on the spawn farms (6 each); the skeleton horses are immune to apocalyptic events (no surprise, there).

oh, also, the frames in the cellar.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Ashaman42Ashaman42 Registered User regular
    I am unstuck. @MetaHybrid placed a boat near the point where I appeared to be floating (though as far as I was concerned I was elsewhere) and I was able to get into it and out again - after which I could interact normally again.

That Mooshroom under Spawn is cursed and should be avoided.

• Options
    Boats are the cause and solution to all our problems.

• Options
    eldercoreeldercore Registered User regular
    River 'road' update: So Glitterwitch and I finished the shortcuts through the mountains (shown on map with yellow-orange)
    1.9_river_2.jpg
    Might be a cool place if someone wants to build a dock inside that connects to a mountain fortress (just an idea) ;)

• Options
    ruddehruddeh "Speak softly and carry a big bone." Registered User regular
    Just as a friendly reminder, please don't mine the Ocean Monuments! We have shops set up in the second floor of the spawn storhaus for all prismarine materials. We would like to keep the monuments as intact as possible :)

oie_16203338tCzUZPXv.gif
  • Options
    eldercoreeldercore Registered User regular
    Added a route to the netherfortress/blaze spawner that connects to the north road off of the lower part of netherspawn (for the ground level peeps).
    Entrance is at x-26 y+69 z-97

• Options
    Sir PenguinSir Penguin Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    So something rather strange happened to my cows. I made a lava ocean world just for fun and when I spawned in I saw this
    zRuiYhY.png

It fixed itself after restarting minecraft, and I'm not sure if I'm happy or disappointed about that, but boy was it funny having faceless magic cows

Sir Penguin on
  • Options
    Some Pictures!

The underside of Spawn...A bustling Metropolis!
    ea5fzg7y22qx.jpg

View from the deck of the new Valley Apartments!
    i11kzc8m0ta6.jpg

The same shot at night
    taump7g7kdxw.jpg

• Options
    PassionateLoviePassionateLovie Registered User regular
    Hey everyone! I Made a simple zombie grinder at my place. Feel free to use it whenever! If anyone wants to make it better feel free to also. I suck at redstone so it's not timed.

• Options
    Vrtra TheoryVrtra Theory Registered User regular
    eldercore wrote: »
    Added a route to the netherfortress/blaze spawner that connects to the north road off of the lower part of netherspawn (for the ground level peeps).
    Entrance is at x-26 y+69 z-97

Not only is it easier to get to, it's now easier to use! After following the new road to the fortress and running straight to the end, turn right into introp's enchanting room and go through the back hallway to enter the blaze spawner room. You should be able to hit blazes in the feet to your heart's delight without worrying about fireballs.

Vbvff6C.png

(Try to avoid standing at the far end of the blaze corridors, at that angle they can still see you and shoot at you. As long as you are next to them, in the little rows, you should be unseen and safe.)

Are you a Software Engineer living in Seattle? HBO is hiring, message me.
  • Options
    greygrey Registered User regular
    I have placed markers (two blue wool with a torch and sign) around the inner circle of spawn in anticipation of building a transit system, the Spawndola Blue Line. Each ship will take you to the next ship in sequence in a loop around inner spawn. If this goes okay, the Green Line around outer spawn could very well follow. I tried to place the markers out of the way of existing builds, but if you see one and don't like its location, please let me know, they can be shifted.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I feel a spawn cart system would be rather cool, but practically setting it up would not work out as well

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    have it come in and out of the rafters

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    There could be a lot of fun with a cart system on a build like this. Look at radiation's exposed tunnel concepts and stuff.

• Options
    have it come in and out of the rafters

Can we have gaps in the rail lines for the rafter section?

• Options
    is anyone planning a build that will go into the cliff face behind the monster hunter guild and ender crystal pillar, below the temple?

BahamutZERO.gif