As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game On] M&M's Kart Racing

Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Games and Technology
Hey. How ya doin'? Hm? Want to talk about this game?

skartracingit8.png

Set to release on November 30th, 2007, this innovative title will take you to the far reaches of the Candy Kingdom.
IGN wrote:
Fasten your seat belts for the exciting new action racing game, M&M's Kart Racing! M&M's Kart Racing breathes new life into the arcade racing by combining the adventure elements (collecting items on the race track) and high speed racing with the funny and parodic style of candy competition. Compete against other players on 10 different race tracks and collect unique bonus items on each level.

Key Features
  • Breathes new life into arcade racing
  • Combines adventure elements and high speed racing with the funny and parodic style of candy competition
  • Compete against other players on 10 different race tracks
  • Collect unique bonus items on each level
  • Innovative control scheme substituting waggle for button presses
  • Value MSRP of $29.99

Videos
Gameplay Video 1 courtesy of redfield85

Other Info

Playing as your favorite M&M character in one of 7 different, fully customizable vehicles. Unlockables include vehicle flair, character hats, and additional characters such as the new Purple and old school Tan. Tracks feature extreme terrain complete with jumps, turns, and turbo boosters. Take it to the streets and prove whose the hardest candy shell in P-Town.

So anyone else excited for this game? I'm definitely looking forward to picking this up to fill the void between now and whenever Mario Kart DWiible Dash is released. This game also rounds the Wii's strong holiday lineup alongside Mario Galaxy, Link's Crossbow Training, Game Party, Ultimate Duck Hunting, and Rock Band.

Friend Codes
Atlus Parker: Atlus - 1964 7225 4923 9961

Atlus Parker on

• ArcticXCArcticXC Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That was a close race. I almost got you before you dropped your nut and I went into that tailspin.

ArcticXC on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    do you really get to drop nuts in this game?

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Variable wrote: »
    do you really get to drop nuts in this game?

Let's just say that you don't not drop nuts.

Atlus Parker on
  • BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Is it just me, or is this thread is already reading like it's from a game of "If you know what I mean" from Whose Line Is It Anyway?

Friend codes, eh? So, I'm adding this to the NWC thread?
    And now with my post, we're playing "Questions Only". :lol:

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • SaddlerSaddler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Can you play online?

Saddler on
  • ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    OP needs in game screenshots!

Shogun on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    How can you state that the release is november 30 and post a friend code in the same post?

Peewi on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The OP sounded sarcastic, yet sincere. I'm not sure what to think.

DarkPrimus on
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I actually can't find anything out about this game except it should be out by now in America.

I'm oddly curious about it though.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Youtube fun.

Gameplay

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • TorgoTorgo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Look. A Nut.

APPROᅟᅠACHING SOUND BARRIER!

Torgo on
    History is a spoiler for the future. (Me on Twitter)
    edited November 2007
    Saddler wrote:
    Can you play online?

While full details of the online system haven't been released yet, I'm assuming that due to the high percentage of online enabled Wii titles that you will be able to. If not in a versus mode then they probably will at least include some sort of system for trading your custom karts with friends or maybe just your high scores.
    Shogun wrote:
    OP needs in game screenshots!

Sorry there's not much in the way of media for this game but I'll add the youtube link courtesy of refield85!
    Peewi wrote:
    How can you state that the release is november 30 and post a friend code in the same post?

I'm generating interest for a future M&M's Kart Racing League so I'm starting the list now. It doesn't hurt to add friend codes early, does it?
    redfield85 wrote:
    Youtube fun.

Hey thanks for the link, man. I was looking all over for that video! Watching it now makes me realize how badly I want this game. I appreciate how they stayed true to go-kart physics and it really conveys what it's like to actually ride around in a go-kart. None of this magic-fairy-super-turbo crap that people nowadays think is kart racing.

Also, revisiting the nut based gameplay question: ArcticXC was just trolling when he posted that but I doubt there will be any kind of "nut battle mode" in the final version. That kind of nutism would exclude fan favorites such as Red, Green, and Pancake. Unless of course they took some liberties with the license but I hope that they won't.

Atlus Parker on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    APPROACHING SOUND BARRIER

GODDAMN I NEED A NEW ENGINE THAT IS NOT MADE OF CHOCOLATE AND SOUNDS LIKE A WEED EATER

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • GSMGSM Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Goodness, what terrible draw distance in that video!

I haven't seen level popping that bad for at least two generations!

GSM on
    We'll get back there someday.
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wait - so does the red M&M always don a sombrero, or is that an indication of wacky customizable/unlockable hats? If there are festive hats involved I may have to bring out the credit card.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • BecomingBecoming Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Is this a real game? Please say no.

Becoming on
  • Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Huh? A nut.
    APPROACHING SOUND BARRIER!

Alfred J. Kwak on
    edited November 2007
    Herby wrote: »
    Wait - so does the red M&M always don a sombrero, or is that an indication of wacky customizable/unlockable hats? If there are festive hats involved I may have to bring out the credit card.

There isn't a full list of hats available yet just that there are different hats that you can customize your character with. I'm looking forward to what kind of unlockable hats are going to be in the game.
    Becoming wrote:
    Is this a real game? Please say no.

Are you just not a M&Ms fan or just don't like the genre? I agree the kart racing game has been a bit overdone in recent years but I think this one's really breaking the mold.

Atlus Parker on
  • TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Collecting shit and platforming in a racer?

sonicrfrontyb4.jpg

:?:

EDIT: HOLY SHIT @ horrendous popup 45 seconds into the video. It really IS Sonic R!

TheSonicRetard on
    edited November 2007
    Herby wrote: »

There isn't a full list of hats available yet just that there are different hats that you can customize your character with. I'm looking forward to what kind of unlockable hats are going to be in the game.

Sounds amazing. If I can outfit the Blue M&M (Crispy, IIRC) with a classy top hat I think we could be talking GOTY here.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • FaustumFaustum __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    I am giggling like a retard at this right now

Look, a nut.

APPROACHING SOUND BARRIER

Faustum on
    diddysiggiesq8.pngClick to see who gets to DIE February 10th
    sigoj3.gif
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Peewi wrote:

I'm generating interest for a future M&M's Kart Racing League so I'm starting the list now. It doesn't hurt to add friend codes early, does it?

But really, I doubt that you use your Wii System code for online multiplayer.

Peewi on
    edited November 2007
    Peewi wrote: »
    Peewi wrote:

But really, I doubt that you use your Wii System code for online multiplayer.

Doubting Thomases :arrow:

I can't imagine a Wii game not having some form of online connectivity. Like I said before even if it's just kart trading or high score trading I'll be happy.

Atlus Parker on
  • ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Man fuck this Forza 2 bullshit. There's a new greatest racing game ever if that video is to go by.

ben0207 on
  • UnicronUnicron Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    WHY GOD WHY
    Seriously, did they just find the most annoying sound effect possible for the engines?

Unicron on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    Unicron wrote: »
    WHY GOD WHY
    Seriously, did they just find the most annoying sound effect possible for the engines?

If by "most annoying sound effect" you mean "most realistic kart engine sound effect" then yes, yes they did. I don't get all the hate for the audio effects. While it might not be some crazy 7.1 surround sound it's still more than serviceable for what the game is: A lighthearted go-karting romp through a surreal candy world.

Atlus Parker on
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Do you either:

a) Work for these people
    or
    b) have an EXCEEDINGLY unhealthy obsession with Kart racing?

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • cocheseisdeadcocheseisdead Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Thank the heavens that Reggie managed to get that software bottleneck cleared up.

Who exactly is this supposed to be marketed towards?

cocheseisdead on
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Thank the heavens that Reggie managed to get that software bottleneck cleared up.

Speed freaks that know the danger of approaching the sound barrier.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • icebergiceberg Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    agoaj wrote: »

Speed freaks that know the danger of approaching the sound barrier.

I don't know if I can handle... the barrier.

iceberg on
    edited November 2007
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Do you either:

a) Work for these people
    or

That's harsh. :|

My obsession is more with M&M's so the kart racing is just a bonus. I can't believe people here are so opposed to what's going to be the first good kart racer on the Wii. Or maybe people are just pissed because this game is only on the Wii?

Edit: There is a DS version as well but I'm more excited for the Wii version because of the waggle factor.

Atlus Parker on
    edited November 2007
    Man, I just can't swing the 29.99. If this was 19.99 I would totally pick up a copy.

The kart sound is somewhere between an old movie projector and a weedwhacker.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • GigaWangGigaWang Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Do you either:

a) Work for these people
    or

That's harsh. :|

My obsession is more with M&M's so the kart racing is just a bonus. I can't believe people here are so opposed to what's going to be the first good kart racer on the Wii. Or maybe people are just pissed because this game is only on the Wii?

Edit: There is a DS version as well but I'm more excited for the Wii version because of the waggle factor.

I'm with you on this one. I have recently been debating which system I should get, and this game definitely seals the Wii deal.

M&M Kart Racing forever!

GigaWang on
    Remember, remember, the fifth of November, The gunpowder treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.
  • ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Torgo wrote: »
    Look. A Nut.

APPROᅟᅠACHING SOUND BARRIER!

The A in "approaching" in your post looks very strange.
    wut2.png
    wut1.png
    This game looks awesome

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Back on topic, this game is going to be a system seller. The hilarious one-liners really pull everything together. It's like Gex + Mario Kart at a budget price. Count me in.

And hey, the carts hop just like they should have in Double Dash. Consider Double Dash buried.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
    edited November 2007
    Back on topic, this game is going to be a system seller. The hilarious one-liners really pull everything together. It's like Gex + Mario Kart at a budget price. Count me in.

And hey, the carts hop just like they should have in Double Dash. Consider Double Dash buried.

Glad to see someone else who can appreciate this game.

...or are you just kidding?

Atlus Parker on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007

You don't have time to ponder such questions, as the red M&M has just grabbed the smash ball and is approaching the sound barrier.

FyreWulff on
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I don't care if it's a real game or not, I watched that youtube video and I am laughing hysterically almost to the point of crying because it looks like a game that came with a box of cereal for my computer like 8 years ago or something.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I used to be exclusively a Regular M&M guy, but lately I've inexplicably converted to Peanut. I'm not really sure how it happened, I wouldn't touch the things before. Recently I discovered they've come out with a Dark Chocolate Peanut variety(purple bag), and let me tell you, that is some good stuff right there.

Zek on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Who couldn't take this game seriously ?

A commie that's who.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.