As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nobody is assigned to make a [chat]

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    I missed first amendment talks

Like how it now covers things like the right to impose arbitrary religious rules on others and the right to bribe federal officials

Unfortunately attempting to use the 1st amendment to violate the 1st amendment isn't like dividing by zero, otherwise whoever tried it would just disappear.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    thats a really sweet car chanus

i kind of want to kiss it and touch its butt

You can do that now too!

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    did you also get a sweet apr

decent but not amazeballs

i'm gonna see if i can get a better rate from my credit union and refi in like 90 days

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular

Oh wait, you can!

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

it's pretty much exactly what i would pick for the money

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Ender how can you not be a big fan of the 1st amendment

It is / already has buckled under the broadness of it's application, IMHO. We now live in world where Breitbart or HuffPo or Jim (fucking) Sterling (son!) can either inadvertently or intentionally torch your life for years on end by retweeting something you said that their audience disagrees with or make fun of a shitty product you made.

Prohibitions against abridging freedom of speech have a real cost, which is increasing at a disturbing pace, that I don't think is correctly weighted in the first amendment.

Also spending money in politics has been classified as speech, and even the most meager restrictions keep getting thrown out, because several justices don't think there's any problem with single-handedly funding someone's campaign.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    omg i am so excite right now

i need to eat some dinner

but not in the car so this is clearly a dilemma

• Options
    Wait...

Kissing your car violates my first amendment right to never see you happy.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    My sister's boyfriend just Liked someone's facebook post that describes the difference between good Doms and creepy Doms in BDSM relationships.

*squirms uncomfortably*

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    I have a small cute dog ripping meat off the bone of a dry aged ribeye that I did not finish and she is happier than I have ever seen a living being in my life.

I wish I could find that joy - not even sex or drugs could give me the look on this dog's face.
    the secret to happiness is giving up all your worldly possessions

and giving them to me
    pretty light cloud you are floating on, right there.
    KpDwJWI.png?1

Is that a dixit card?
    It's from Broken Age (he's a false prophet character played by Jack Black)

But this reminds me I've been wanting to try Dixit, I have it somewhere

wandering on
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    I missed first amendment talks

Like how it now covers things like the right to impose arbitrary religious rules on others and the right to bribe federal officials

The Ferrari was just my expression of gratitude for all the governor's years of service, okay?

With Love and Courage
  • Options

it's pretty much exactly what i would pick for the money

the finance lady said they lost $2,300 selling me the car

which i'm sure is nonsense but

i have positive equity right now and it has 41 miles on it

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    Huh apparently SA aviation museum does guided tours of their f-111 some days and you get to sit in the cockpit. I should do that at some point. Love that plane.

I remember when that plane was a barely rumored at state secret

And now anyone can just poke around one

Edit I'm a dumb and saw 117 instead of 111 stupid eyes and stupid similar looking numbers

Apparently the F-117s are being used as test drones for something or so the rumor mill says.

God damn

Fucking

Can't you purpose make like cheap test drones that don't have fuckoff expensive avionics and control systems?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    omg i am so excite right now

i need to eat some dinner

but not in the car so this is clearly a dilemma

Great gas mileage and a diet plan, what can't this car do.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    Ender how can you not be a big fan of the 1st amendment

It is / already has buckled under the broadness of it's application, IMHO. We now live in world where Breitbart or HuffPo or Jim (fucking) Sterling (son!) can either inadvertently or intentionally torch your life for years on end by retweeting something you said that their audience disagrees with or make fun of a shitty product you made.

Prohibitions against abridging freedom of speech have a real cost, which is increasing at a disturbing pace, that I don't think is correctly weighted in the first amendment.

interesting angle. But there is a cost to allowing the govt to abridge speech as well. Is preventing a ruined career because of a social media account mistake worth giving govt the power to silence a protest organization effort in Ferguson?

Would you rather the guy who published Romney's 47% comment had gone to jail over it?

Speech has a cost, but it is ultimately one levied by people against people. Preventing that by giving the government the power instead is not worth the benefit.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    why was the car priced so low?

• Options
    My sister's boyfriend just Liked someone's facebook post that describes the difference between good Doms and creepy Doms in BDSM relationships.

*squirms uncomfortably*

VH I could make so many comments right now

recognize how I am not making comments

note this restraint
    restraint :winky:

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    ...and I guess the Dreadnought servers crashed.

• Options
    oEgqkcq.jpg

he he

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Huh apparently SA aviation museum does guided tours of their f-111 some days and you get to sit in the cockpit. I should do that at some point. Love that plane.

Edit I'm a dumb and saw 117 instead of 111 stupid eyes and stupid similar looking numbers

Apparently the F-117s are being used as test drones for something or so the rumor mill says.

God damn

Fucking

Can't you purpose make like cheap test drones that don't have fuckoff expensive avionics and control systems?

Their drone duties seem to be as test bed platforms for something rather then making them into a Q series aircraft. And they are a retired aircraft that for various reasons can't be sent to the boneyard or airshows. It's something productive for them to do.

• Options

It fell off the back of a truck...shhh

• Options

i dunno

last day of the month and high inventory maybe?

the salesguy was like

i think my manager hit his head, seriously, this is bonkers

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited April 2016

*squirms uncomfortably*

note this restraint

SOMETIMES HIS SISTER HAS SEX WITH HER BOYFRIEND

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    it's haunted

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    ...and I guess the Dreadnought servers crashed.

Odd aside. The only recorded kill of a submarine by a Battleship was when the HMS Dreadnought ram and then basically ran over a German U-Boat.

• Options
    it's haunted

by the ghost of the man who was murdered in it

• Options
    no kedinik

no that is quite tame compared to what I could have done with the emote he left for me

I am a goddamn pillar of willpower right now

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Chanus you gonna drive that hot ride up to NYC and take us on a spin right

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options

God damn

Fucking

Their drone duties seem to be as test bed platforms for something rather then making them into a Q series aircraft. And they are a retired aircraft that for various reasons can't be sent to the boneyard or airshows. It's something productive for them to do.

I want some to still be around to put in the smithsonian one day

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »

you got dang right i am

• Options
    no kedinik

no that is quite tame compared to what I could have done with the emote he left for me

I am a goddamn pillar of willpower right now

no see but like they get naked and touch each other sexually and sometimes the sex-touches are relatively unusual.

• Options
    part of me actually wanted to pull out of the dealership and just hit the fuckin road in whatever direction

but then i was like

no i have to finish cooking this chili

• Options

*squirms uncomfortably*

note this restraint

Stop spool before you rope all of chat into this

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »

you got dang right i am

Let me get behind the wheel pls

I miss driving so much

It is only now that I have been without my own car for several months that my thrill peen grows turgid at the thought of driving a sexy car

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options

God damn

Fucking

I want some to still be around to put in the smithsonian one day

I'm sure one day it will be. It's just doing something useful and flying rather than sitting in a hanger doing nothing today.

• Options

*squirms uncomfortably*

note this restraint

do we really want to get tied down in a lengthy discussion about this

• Options

*squirms uncomfortably*

note this restraint

I'm trying to clamp down on these jokes but it's not easy

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

*squirms uncomfortably*

note this restraint

The worst part is that I would have Liked it too (except that I explicitly don't Like things on Facebook because I know my whole friends list can see it) because it was funny and true and also I'm super into BDSM, so now I feel vaguely like a hypocrite even though that's stupid.

It's not often that I come into direct conflict with the irrational side of myself.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

*squirms uncomfortably*

note this restraint

I'd do something about it myself, but I'm afraid my hands are tied at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.