As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Guitar Hero 3. GH Aerosmith to be the stupidest thing you buy this year.

GertBeefGertBeef Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Games and Technology
Guitar Hero 3

Are you this bad?

gh3.jpg

GuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHtar HuuuuuRRRRRRRRRRRo

grudge2.gif

The Wii version is in mono. They are working on it.

What you need to know; Courtesy of Lunker

PLATFORMS: PS2, PS3, Wii, 360
OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE: Sunday, October 28 (shipping earlier)
HOW AWESOME: So awesome

• Join our tour group, Wang Camaro!

We will build a wing-wong of epic proportions. Track your in-game progress, compare scores and join tournaments with the rest of the Penny Arcadians on guitarhero.com. Go to the Guitar Hero 3 community site, register, link your account to your console and join up our tour group, Wang Camaro. Note: Neversoft and RO apparently thought GH3 was going to be a niche, underground title, because the sheer mass of users has broken their site. If you get an "invalid slot token" error when trying to link your account, just try again in a few hours.

Also, Wii owners can hit up our official Wii Friend Code database by clicking here.

• Latest news (Like hell i'm linking to all of these news stories, check out the old thread for links.)

[11.22.07] Steve Vai's version of one of the songs from halo will be up for free download on the xbox360 some time around the 22nd of november. Spanish youtube video of the song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q46GMn4glCE
It has bears in it.

[11.14.07] The Boss Battle pack is now available for free download. It's 72 megs.

[11.8.07] Two DLC packs available; 3 songs each for 500 points. Velvet Revolver pack has Slither, Messages and She Builds Quick Machines. Foo Fighters pack has All My Life, The Pretender and This Is a Call. Rumored boss battle DLC pack nowhere to be seen ...

[10.26.07] Guitar Hero 3 community site is live. Register, link your account to your console and join up our tour group, Wang Camaro. Apparently we can track high scores and stats across Wii/360/PS3 owners!

[10.26.07] 1up reports that the Rock Band Strat will not work with Guitar Hero 3.

[10.25.07] IGN podcast reports that the GH3 Les Paul works with Rock Band.

[10.24.07] For 360 owners: Details on a special GH3 event/contest the weekend of Nov. 2–4. Play multiplayer with Activision people to earn the viral Meet Your Maker Achievement, prizes given out ever hour, high-score tourney for Barracuda on Expert.

[10.23.07] First report of a broken street date! Start cajoling those employees, folks!

[10.22.07] YouTube videos of pretty much the entire game. Oh, and that OXM demo? Coming to Live on Tuesday, Oct. 23. Same demo, no added stuff apparently.

• FAQ
I can't find the Dragonforce song in the store. It's not in the game. Why did Neversoft lie to me?!?!
In order to unlock Through the Fire and Flames, you have to finish one of the career modes; as the end credits roll, you'll get a chance to play the song with no rock meter, and after that you'll automatically have it in your bonus songs.

Is it true I have to unlock the exclusive co-op songs in the co-op career mode in order to play them?
Technically: Yes. There is allegedly an update coming for the 360 version that enables co-op quickplay; no word for the other versions yet, but PS2/Wii owners shouldn't hold their breath.

However, there is a cheat code to unlock all of the songs, including the co-op ones...

What cheat codes are available?
So far: Hyperspeed, Unlock All Songs, Air Guitar, Performance Mode (invisible fretboard!) and Precision Mode (shortens notes' timing window drastically). I haven't tested them out yet, so YMMV. To enter cheats, from the main menu go to "Options," then "Cheats," then follow the prompts. Jury's still out on whether the codes disable saving or Achievements, although apparently using the Unlock All cheat actually gives you the corresponding Achievement.

Here are all the cheats:
Spoiler:
show spoiler
hide spoiler
To enter codes: Press and hold note, then hit strum bar. Repeat to end of code.

Hyperspeed: Orange, Blue, Orange, Yellow, Orange, Blue, Orange, Yellow

Unlock Performance Mode:
[Red+Yellow], [Red+Blue], [Red+Orange], [Red+Blue], [Red+Yellow], [Green+Blue], [Red+Yellow], [Red+Blue]

Unlock Precision Mode:
[Green+Red] x3, [Red+Yellow] x2, [Red+Blue] x2, [Yellow+Blue], [Yellow+Orange] x2, [Green+Red] x3, [Red+Yellow] x2, [Red+Blue] x2, [Yellow+Blue], [Yellow+Orange] x2

Unlock All Songs:
[Yellow+Orange], [Red+Blue], [Red+Orange], [Green+Blue], [Red+Yellow], [Yellow+Orange], [Red+Yellow], [Red+Blue], [Green+Yellow] x2, [Yellow+Blue] x2, [Yellow+Orange] x2, [Yellow+Blue], Yellow, Red, [Red+Yellow], Red, Yellow, Orange

Air guitar: (BY) (GY) (GY) (RB) (RB) (RY) (RY) (BY) (GY) (GY) (RB) (RB) (RY) (RY) (GY) (GY) (RY) (RY)

How can I play the boss battle songs/Devil Went Down to Georgia without the boss battles?
You can't. Sorry. The Tom Morello and Slash battles can never be played without the power-ups and battle mechanics that most of you hate. This also holds true for The Devil Went Down to Georgia, arguably the worst design decision in the entire game. You will be battling Lou for all eternity if you want to hear those delicious licks.

What does "HO/PO" or "Hammer on/pull off" mean?
Strato wrote:
Someone asked how to do HO/POs, so I'm going to explain in case it's helpful.

A hammer-on or pull-off is a note fretted without needing to strum. So it's less work to do. Think of the string vibrating after the initial strum, and then moving the fret changes the note it continues to play, so you hit a lot of notes just by pressing more frets after the initial strum.

The catch is, if you miss any of these notes, you need to strum again for the string to start playing. If I have a long chain of fast groups in 3's or 4's, I will usually strum at the beginning of each bunch, just in case I happen to screw up during the previous bunch.

To practice them, try to refrain from strumming when you see one of the glowing/white notes. Just press the fret for that note when the time comes. Try it on a slow song, or in practice. Eventually you'll get the hang of it. In GH2, they added the ability to simply HO/PO exactly like fretting normal notes, whereas on a real guitar you need to be holding down the frets in advance to do pull-offs. This makes them pretty easy to do, and you've been given a wider accuracy window to press them in the third game.

What’s up with guitar compatibility?
There’s still a lot of unanswered questions about this. Here’s what we know for now as I understand:

Regarding GH2 and GH3, this is how I understand it (please correct me if you think it's otherwise, this is terribly confusing):

• 360: GH2 wired Xplorer will work in both GH2 and GH3; GH3 wireless Les Paul will work in both GH2 and GH3.

• PS2: GH2 wired SG and older wireless controllers will work in GH1, GH2 and GH3; GH3 wireless Kramer will work in GH1, GH2 and GH3. (But the PS3 GH3 wireless Les Paul will not work on the PS2 at all.)

• PS3: Here's where it gets gamey. The GH3 wireless Les Paul will not work when playing GH1 or GH2 on the PS3. If you have a wired GH2 PS2 controller and a PS2-PS3 controller adapter, GH1 is playable but GH2 is not. (And the PS2 GH3 wireless Kramer will not work on the PS3.)

I'm still looking for the Rock Band confirmation, but I'm fairly certain HMX has said that on the 360, the RB Strat will work with GH2. Dunno about PS3 yet, but it's not looking likely given the guitar problems the wired GH2 controllers have with the PS3's back-compatibility.
guitarcharthelfnew2rk6.jpg

• Full song list
(Bold denotes masters)

Spoiler:
show spoiler
hide spoiler
1. Starting Out Small
"Slow Ride" – Foghat
"Talk Dirty to Me" – Poison
"Hit Me with Your Best Shot" – Pat Benatar
"Story of My Life" – Social Distortion
Encore: "Rock and Roll All Nite" – Kiss
Co-op: "Sabotage" – Beastie Boys

2. Your First Real Gig
"Mississippi Queen" – Mountain
"School's Out" – Alice Cooper
"Sunshine of Your Love" – Cream
"Barracuda" – Heart
Guitar Battle vs. Tom Morello
Encore: "Bulls on Parade" – Rage Against the Machine
Co-op: "Reptilia" – The Strokes

3. Making The Video
"When You Were Young" – The Killers
"Miss Murder" – AFI
"The Seeker" – The Who
"Lay Down" – Priestess
Encore: "Paint It, Black" – The Rolling Stones
Co-op: "Suck My Kiss" – Red Hot Chili Peppers

4. European Invasion
"Paranoid" – Black Sabbath
"Anarchy in the U.K." – Sex Pistols (Re-recorded)
"Kool Thing" – Sonic Youth
"My Name Is Jonas" – Weezer
Encore: "Even Flow" – Pearl Jam
Co-op: "Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll" – Blue Öyster Cult

5. Bighouse Blues
"Holiday in Cambodia" – Dead Kennedys
"Rock You Like a Hurricane" – Scorpions
"Same Old Song and Dance" – Aerosmith
"La Grange" – ZZ Top
Guitar Battle vs. Slash
Encore: "Welcome to the Jungle" – Guns N' Roses
Co-op: "Helicopter" – Bloc Party

6. The Hottest Band On Earth
"Black Magic Woman" – Santana
"Cherub Rock" – The Smashing Pumpkins
"Black Sunshine" – White Zombie
"The Metal" – Tenacious D
Encore: "Pride and Joy" – Stevie Ray Vaughan
Co-op: "Monsters" – Matchbook Romance

7. Live In Japan
"Before I Forget" – Slipknot
"Stricken" – Disturbed
"3's & 7's" – Queens of the Stone Age
"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse
Encore: "Cult of Personality" – Living Colour (Re-recorded)

8. Battle For Your Soul
"Raining Blood" – Slayer
"Cliffs of Dover" – Eric Johnson
"The Number of the Beast" – Iron Maiden
"One" – Metallica
Guitar Battle vs. Lou
Encore: "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" – Charlie Daniels Band (Steve Oumiette rendition)

Bonus Tracks (all but Stone Roses song are masters)
"Avalancha" – Héroes del Silencio
"Can't Be Saved" – Senses Fail
"Closer" – Lacuna Coil
"Don't Hold Back" – The Sleeping
"Down n' Dirty" – LA Slum Lords
"F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X." – The Fall of Troy
"Generation Rock" – Revolverheld
"Go That Far" - Bret Michaels Band
"Hier Kommt Alex" – Die Toten Hosen
"I'm in the Band" – The Hellacopters
"Impulse" – An Endless Sporadic
"In Love" – Scouts of St. Sebastian
"In the Belly of a Shark" – Gallows
"Mauvais Garçon" – Naast
"Metal Heavy Lady" – Lions
"Minus Celsius" – Backyard Babies
"My Curse" – Killswitch Engage
"Nothing for Me Here" – Dope
"Prayer of the Refugee" – Rise Against
"Radio Song" – Superbus
"Ruby" – Kaiser Chiefs
"She Bangs the Drums" – The Stone Roses
"Take This Life" – In Flames
"The Way It Ends" – Prototype
"Through the Fire and Flames" – DragonForce (This has to be seen to be believed.)

• Extra stuff

There's apparently a CD soundtrack out now or soon with some of the recordings from the game. It also allows 360 owners to download three extra songs:

Track listing
1 Slash - Guitar Hero 3 Intro
2 The Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock
3 Queens of the Stone Age - 3's And 7's
4 AFI - Miss Murder
5 Velvet Revolver - Slither
6 Sonic Youth - Kool Thing
7 Living Colour - Cult of Personality
8 Marilyn Manson - Putting Holes in Happiness (Nick Zinner Remix)
9 Flyleaf - Tina
10 Rise Against - Prayer Of The Refugee
11 Steve Ouimette - Devil Went Down to Georgia

Bonus GH3 Songs:
1 "Carcinogen Crush" – AFI
2 "Putting Holes in Happiness" – Marilyn Manson (Nick Zinner Remix)
3 "Tina" – Flyleaf

Don't worry, GH3 will never let you pull chicks like this. (NSFW)
gh31.jpg

P.S. Delete this thread when Lunker makes a new one. This is temporary so we can at least discuss GH3.

conanguitarJPEG.jpg

The original screenshot made less sense.

gertsig.jpg
GertBeef on

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I have a question since I haven't been able to check it out yet:

How many finishes do the included guitars have on average? Still three? Or are there more options?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Great OP :)

I beg to differ about the last spoiler, if I could only access my SG account at work I'd prove you soooo wrong:lol:

And that guy up top doesnt look happy at all... He should be wearing a cheesy-grin as to say "YEEEEEEEH IM THE BEST!!" but instead its a luke-warm "I am moderately satisfied with this genre".

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    code spoiler fail

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    shouldnt the amount of awesome be changed? general consensus seems to be it is certainly NOT so awesome.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    shouldnt the amount of awesome be changed? general consensus seems to be it is certainly NOT so awesome.

Yeah. I'd go with "Pretty awesome, but not nearly as awesome as GH 1 & 2."

elevature on
  • YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    OP needs more guitar controllers.

YardGnome on
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    And now for the naysayer post:

The "game cash"-purchased bonus songs suck ass. The ONLY bonus song worth a crap (and it is pretty awesome) you get for free for beating career mode.

Boss battles suck ass. Through a bendy straw.

The song list for the first few stages kind of sucks.

Medium is too hard for being medium. Some of the later songs wil challenge most GH2 Hard players.

On the other hand, most of the songs from stage 4 on are pretty kickass. Plus, since you don't have to waste career money on the bonus songs (see my first point), you can skip straight to characters, outfits, and guitars.

GH3 gets a solid "C" from me, which is pretty pathetic for a GH game. I bought this game two days ago, and as soon as I milk it for a few more achievement points, I plan to resell it back to Gamestop. It's that mediocre.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    elevature wrote: »

I would rate it as "Better than a kick in the date"

Also I have forgotten to ask. How is the note chart of the Foo songs?

Blake T on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Blaket wrote: »
    elevature wrote: »

I would rate it as "Better than a kick in the date"

Also I have forgotten to ask. How is the note chart of the Foo songs?

Godawful.

UnbreakableVow on
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    As someone who has never owned a Guitar Hero game before (played 2 enough to be proficient on medium at a friends place), I think the game IS awesome. Maybe if I was master of expert and played GHII for like 8 hours a day for the past year, I might think differently of GHIII, but as of right now, this game is awesome as I make my way through Hard.

Aside from a few songs on Medium, like One for example, I've found this to be an excellent progression from GHII. There are a lot more songs I like in this iteration of the franchise as well.

KVW on
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    delroland wrote: »
    The "game cash"-purchased bonus songs suck ass. The ONLY bonus song worth a crap (and it is pretty awesome) you get for free for beating career mode.

Boss battles suck ass. Through a bendy straw.

The song list for the first few stages kind of sucks.

Medium is too hard for being medium. Some of the later songs wil challenge most GH2 Hard players.

On the other hand, most of the songs from stage 4 on are pretty kickass. Plus, since you don't have to waste career money on the bonus songs (see my first point), you can skip straight to characters, outfits, and guitars.

GH3 gets a solid "C" from me, which is pretty pathetic for a GH game. I bought this game two days ago, and as soon as I milk it for a few more achievement points, I plan to resell it back to Gamestop. It's that mediocre.

The bonus songs are good, have you tried them? There's quite a few songs worth playing on the list.

Boss battles, yeah they are annoying but it's not too bad... especially since once you beat them you don't have to play them again for anything (five star/overall score).

The song list for the first 2 sets might not be that great, but its not that bad with just Social Distortion, Cream and Heart really of note. Also, the songs for the first few levels of GH are typically this way. Besides, the entire third tier is awesome and from there only the disturbed and slipknot songs piss me off.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, some of the bonus songs are fun. Avalancha, She Bangs the Drums, and Ruby come to mind.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I honestly think I'm the only one that actually likes the boss battles.

Blake T on
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I don't think I would mind them so much if they were optional. As it is, they're an obnoxious obstacle to advancing that really shouldn't be there.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • GertBeefGertBeef Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I don't think I would mind them so much if they were optional. As it is, they're an obnoxious obstacle to advancing that really shouldn't be there.

But you can just wuss out of them.

GertBeef on
    gertsig.jpg
  • MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007

But they are optional. If you fail them 3 times it lets you skip it. I still haven't beat Slash nor do I really have any desire to.

Monoxide on
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I got this game today for the PS2, and I rate it above GH2 but below GH1. Overall I like it, but things seem a bit off with the wireless guitar, but I'm thinking it's just me.

Also, boss battles suck ass.

SirUltimos on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    Monoxide wrote: »

But they are optional. If you fail them 3 times it lets you skip it. I still haven't beat Slash nor do I really have any desire to.

Optional until the last one, at least.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • iusehappymodiusehappymod Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I can get to 70% of "Through the Fire and Flames" (on expert) before I fail. I will beat this song by next week, and then I shall rule the galaxy as father and son.

iusehappymod on

Hamlet will be Hamlet
    An ineffable tragedy of the human spirit that still resonates, even today.
    edited November 2007
    I mean the play mechanic isn't that different. Play notes, nail star power (or powerups in this case) but instead the level is contantly evolving and requires you to do different things as you progress.

Plus I just really dig the solo's they pull out.

Blake T on
  • Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I really love the song selection in this game, but my only complaint is really that it is too hard. I mean, in the other games I made it through hard with a bit of work, and then most of expert. Now, I can't see myself making it through hard at all. I'm just completely and utterly stuck on Queens of the Stone Age and Slipknot on hard. I can at least see myself getting good enough to pass QotSA at some point, but I quite honestly cannot at all see myself ever being able to beat the Slipknot song. Even if I make it through that maddening opening I'm usually so beat to hell that I'm done not too long after.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    *(looks at the Wang Camaro score boards..)

Damn, some of you people are good at this game.

Question:
    What the hell are 'groupies,' and why and how do I have 1,112 of them?

slash000 on
  • BallmanBallman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So...I just tried to link my profile on guitarhero.com, and I think it worked, but it doesn't show any of my career progress. Is it supposed to do so, or have I just missed something?

Also, I just had my first ranked pro-face off match and stomped some guy on Knights of Cydonia. It felt good.

Ballman on
    edited November 2007
    Ballman wrote: »
    So...I just tried to link my profile on guitarhero.com, and I think it worked, but it doesn't show any of my career progress. Is it supposed to do so, or have I just missed something?

Also, I just had my first ranked pro-face off match and stomped some guy on Knights of Cydonia. It felt good.

Which version of GH3?

slash000 on
  • BallmanBallman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    slash000 wrote: »

Which version of GH3?

The 360 version.

Edit: Well, I suppose it linked. No problem anymore.

Ballman on
    edited November 2007
    slash000 wrote: »

Which version of GH3?

The 360 version.

Not sure; I have the Wii version.

I'm really not certain how all of this works anyway. I had already beaten every song at least once before setting up everything online and on guitarhero.com, so I don't know if it sits and uploads all of your scores immediately or if it only uploads scores that you get after you play it or what.

What I do know, now, though is this: I sign in onto the WFC, and then go to Career mode to play songs; as soon as I finish the song, it takes about 15 seconds and it posts the score on guitarhero.com

But other than that, I'm not sure how it all works.

I'd like to know what the hell 'groupies' are though, and how I came to have 1,112 of them.

slash000 on
    edited November 2007
    Question: If someone quits out on a best of 3 match during the second song after I've won the first one and am winning the second one, does this count as a win? I'm tired of people realizing they suck and quitting.

UnbreakableVow on
  • existexist Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I actually really like Boss Battles and wish every tier had one.

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • thepassengerthepassenger Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    slash000 wrote:
    I'm really not certain how all of this works anyway. I had already beaten every song at least once before setting up everything online and on guitarhero.com, so I don't know if it sits and uploads all of your scores immediately or if it only uploads scores that you get after you play it or what.

It should pick up on its own. Might take awhile because the site has been wonky for awhile, but from the looks of it, it seems to be back on track. Groupies are just e-peen AFAIK.

thepassenger on
    PSN: ohvermie <- ADD ME FOR STREET FIGHTING ACTION!
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Have you guys talked about how the Wii version is only mono sound?

Guitar Hero Forums

I saw this on Digg's front page. Apparently, despite advertising Dolby, it's mono. Has Activision made a statement that they are going to fix this?

EDIT: Fixed link

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That would be Xen.

Remington on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Remington wrote: »
    That would be Xen.

LOL, guess my copy didn't copy right. Will be fixed ASAP.

Fixed Link (also fixed above)

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • WordsworthWordsworth Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I just want to say: Fuck Lou.

Fuck him in his stupid ear.

Wordsworth on
    Xbox LIVE: Wordsworth IV
  • RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That's okay. I've been following the HL thread, too.

Remington on
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Sweet Christ. What is that second picture in the OP?

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Have you guys talked about how the Wii version is only mono sound?

What the shit? I hadn't noticed yet, but I was just playing it on the TV at home until I could take it to school and play it on my stereo that's loud enough to blow women's clothes off.

This is incredibly not ok. Like, return it not ok.

Also, I don't mind boss battles all that much either, you should be able to play the songs outside them. But that's just me.

EDIT: I'm kinda fucked, too, because the Wii is the only next gen (well, close enough) console I own. And my PS2 is on its last legs.

mcdermott on
  • BlowfluBlowflu FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Picked up the Wii version today after playing GH3 a couple of times.

I've never owned GHI or II but I've had roommates that have. I got enough time to beat GHII on expert and almost every song except Jordan. I thought the skill I had developed would allow me to blaze through most of the songs on expert but I was SORELY mistaken.

Is it just me, or did the people @ Actvision make this game hard in an unnecessary way? I'm strolling along to the 7th tier when I get fucked by songs like Slipknot and it's HORRIBLE chord changes. Then I get to Raining Blood, one of the songs I was most excited about playing. And then I get to the 4-note sweeps that go on for a half a day. Why couldn't they have just made the song another Misourlu @ that point and go with how the song IS ACTUALLY PLAYED ON THE GUITAR (fucking fast as hell strumming). This is a perfect example of what I've felt the entire game. And I don't like this feeling. It reminds me of the humble beginnings of other games such as DDR and Popin' Music. The game series started out with mostly simple, well planned charts. Then as they went on, the cohesion of the charts went downhill as developers were trying to find ways to keep the veterans interested. I would like to introduce other people to GHIII, but I'm finding this installment of the series much, much harder than the previous two.

I love the Dragonforce song, and a good bit of the selections in GHIII. But I can do without parts like the one in Raining Blood, parts that are put in as an intentional roadblock.

EDIT: Fuck, the Wii version is only in Mono?! Time to return it for the 360 version...

Blowflu on
  • 3vil0n33vil0n3 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So we just got this today as our first GH game for the Wii. Is it even possible to buy a second controller for the Wii? I can't find one anywhere on the internet. Haven't really had time to run to gamestop or anywhere like that. Besides, I hate game stop.

3vil0n3 on
    Animal Crossing. edward from raccoon
    Friend Code: 3178-9186-1924
    edited November 2007
    Blowflu wrote: »
    EDIT: Fuck, the Wii version is only in Mono?! Time to return it for the 360 version...

If you're not noticing it, who the hell cares?

UnbreakableVow on
  • BlowfluBlowflu FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Blowflu wrote: »

If you're not noticing it, who the hell cares?

I do, since that explains the awful scratching noise I've been hearing the whole time I've been playing. That sound like you're playing music on slightly blown speakers.

Blowflu on