As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch 3.0] Justice Rains From Above!

• Options
    KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    Widowmaker's super easy. I suck at shooters and I could get heatshots with that shit when I had to play her in the random brawl. The hitboxes for heads are barn sized, basically most of the upper body and then an invisible top hat that also counts. And who cares if you miss a shot, it's super spammable. And with the ult uptime she's damn near impossible to sneak around as well.

When playing solo I really hope somebody else is playing a support, so I can get Dva or Winston and at least make an attempt to kill those shits. Which only works if Widowmaker's team doesn't protect her. Good luck trying to kill a WM that's getting healed, damage doesn't disturb her scoping.

I'd play this game way more if they'd just left the snipers out. They're pure anti-fun.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    i think most of my complaints by volume come from junkrat and then widowmaker
    junkrat because demo spam can randomly kill you as tracer and if you hit a steel trap you die and he can actually defend himself reasonably well if he has conc mine up (because he can instantly throw+detonate conc mine, won't take any self damage, will potentially launch himself away from you if the conc mine didn't kill, etc). really annoying that his traps don't disappear when he dies so you can kill him and then take his steel trap and die ;-;. and in general the complains are because probably 90% of the time junkrats kill me without even knowing i'm there, just spamming a corner or choke and then a grenade hits me as i blink through or one detonates at my feet or w/e
    widowmaker because charged bodyshot and she's often going to be in a place i literally cannot get to so i just have to take the bodyshots and cri evri tiem

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Played with Hanzo a bit and it seems like they ripped most of his abilities directly from Ashe in League of Legends. One or two similar abilities could be a coincidence, but they're both archers with:
    An ability that fires multiple arrows at once.
    An arrow that reveals enemies near where it lands.
    An ultimate with infinite range that goes through terrain.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Played with Hanzo a bit and it seems like they ripped most of his abilities directly from Ashe in League of Legends. One or two similar abilities could be a coincidence, but they're both archers with:

Apparently Genji and Hanzo were both one ninja character but Blizzard found it was too much for one hero and he became two brothers.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    I don't know what you guys are talking about. I love the snipers in this game.

They are the best part about playing Genji.

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    I think the thing that actually bothers me about Widowmaker in her current state is that she doesn't flinch (even while zoomed in) when she takes damage. Ice in her veins, indeed.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »

Apparently Genji and Hanzo were both one ninja character but Blizzard found it was too much for one hero and he became two brothers.

All standing around "soooo who am I gonna kill from across the map?" when suddenly "Oh god where are my organs?"

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    https://gfycat.com/UnlawfulHardtofindArieltoucan

There is nothing Reinhardt can't beat! Even gravity!

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    So I joined the dark side and started playing Roadhog myself.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Widow is easy enough that the kill cams I see involve somebody missing me multiple times before finally snapping off the lucky headshot that takes me out instantly. The part that makes it stupid is that those multiple shots occur over several seconds, any one of them could kill me, and I'm doing stuff that's actually fun during that time, only to have it capped off with a walk back to the fight.

What I'm having to do during that timespan is virtually never equivalent in the skill or risk it takes for Widow to kill me, thanks to super-short charge time and hitscan shots. There's not even really any risk to missing a shot, because they will get another chance in just one second.

And that's against middling Widow players, so it's a dice throw where she can just roll as many times as she needs. Against high-level Widows, they suck the fun right out of the game because you just cannot stick your head out anywhere they can see it.

At least McCree has to be right up in the face of the enemy, where he can be pretty hosed if somebody anticipates him properly or he screws up.

• Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    Unless we're having a party, my Memorial Day habit is to purchase a game, watch it download all day and then play for about an hour before going to bed. This year I endeavored to make my purchase of Overwatch before 10:00 AM so that I had a chance of playing by noon.

I've also added myself to the PC list, so hope to see some of you online in a few hours.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    This Overwatch Damage Spreadsheet is interesting

• Options
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    It's going to be interesting what the first balance patch looks like.

Bastion removed from the game.

Windowmaker gets a musket she needs to reload with powder and round balls between shots.

Mercy's ult is channeled for 3 seconds.

Symmetra's turrets now fly and follow her around. Also have a 200 point shield.

Someone covers the well. That thing is a health hazard!

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I'm finally at the point where everyone has an alternate skin equipped, including a Legendary for my second most used character. Feels good, man.

Tim is on the Internet on
    Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Symmetra's turrets now fly and follow her around.

I would be all the way down for this.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    symmetra is only good for the teleporter

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular

Windowmaker gets a musket she needs to reload with powder and round balls between shots.

Railings! Railings on the King's Row factory!

And not because I've fallen down like 50 times because I forget that floor has holes in it...

• Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular

I feel guilty playing mcree too much, since flashbang/fanhammer is just too easy to get kills with. I worry that if I spend a lot of time taking advantage of his current level of power I'll be left with nothing when he gets nerfed, instead of sticking with practicing other characters that will either remain untouched or get buffed.

Who would even get buffed? Who's undertuned?

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016

I just like the idea of someone trying to snipe with a musket. No one can hide from her sight, but she could do very little with that. Is it still sniping at medium range?

Tim is on the Internet on
    Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    phlkWbH.png

• Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »

This is not at all correct.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I hope they make the McCree flashbang on hit only. Tired of the splash stun.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    ToyD wrote: »

no one notices what a symmetra does for the team

no one really notices that they're getting shielded. it's like "oh ok 25 more hp of blue I guess that's ok".

and only rarely does someone see your turret nest actually working out and not just getting destroyed by 1/3rd of the cast (Junkrat, Mei, Pharah, Lucio, Reinhardt, Winston and Zarya)

she is the most underwhelming character to play for me and it only feels like i'm contributing when I have a high teleporter up time

tyrannus on
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    I walked into a carwash with McRee and fanned the hammer on impulse. Somehow I managed to hit all six turrets with all six rounds.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

What bugs me about it is in replays you can see it explodes behind you and still stuns.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular

no one really notices that they're getting shielded. it's like "oh ok 25 more hp of blue I guess that's ok".

and only rarely does someone see your turret nest actually working out and not just getting destroyed by 1/3rd of the cast (Junkrat, Mei, Pharah, Lucio, Reinhardt, Winston and Zarya)

she is the most underwhelming character to play for me and it only feels like i'm contributing when I have a high teleporter up time

I dunno what to tell you if you're waiting for team accolades then. I feel really awesome as symmetra. Her beam is awesome, the buffs, porter, and turrets are outstanding! Heck the ball of energy goes through reinhart shields!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular

And she has a boring design.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »

What bugs me about it is in replays you can see it explodes behind you and still stuns.

I go back and forth on this every day. The tick rate being low seems to be overblown, but then shit like this seems to happen every time I die!*

*It's not every time. And probably normal latency factoring in too.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I wish they just replaced d vas weapon entirely with something less pants conceptually

if they're going to be auto shotguns then pls make them fking deck people rather than gently nibble their ear lobes

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I wish they just replaced d vas weapon entirely with something less pants conceptually

if they're going to be auto shotguns then pls make them fking deck people rather than gently nibble their ear lobes

she'd be too stronk

but yes pls buff

tyrannus on
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    I think I've reached my limit of playing with random pubs. I'm just gonna go down the google doc and add every singe person possible to my friends list. Whats the PA preferred method of communication these days.

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Minerva_SC wrote: »
    I think I've reached my limit of playing with random pubs. I'm just gonna go down the google doc and add every singe person possible to my friends list. Whats the PA preferred method of communication these days.

Carrier Pigeon.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

PIsuXPx.jpg

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I'd be more inclined to jump into quick play games, I think, if I didn't drop / reload every other match. So far the only real response I've seen from Blizzard on the issue is "Some routers and ISPs use packet shaping which is causing the problem" which is B.S., Blizz should code around it because I don't have the problem with anything else.

• Options
    also it literally just occurred to me that when I play symmetra 1 or 2 people walk into my area and then either die or leave immediately and then hardly ever show up again

and while covering a flank, this is a very good thing

so i take it back symmetra is cool

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Yeah, Symmetra seems to work best when you divide your turrets between a flank route and the main route. Put a couple on the main route to damage and slow people coming in for your team, then make a flank route a deathtrap. Then lob orbs downrange at their tanks.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    Hot damn this game is fun!

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

Is this even correct? The numbers don't agree with the gamepedia wiki and I didn't even know Genji had a bleed.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Volk_guy wrote: »
    Kupi wrote: »
    I am slowly developing an affinity for Pharah, in those cases where I am permitted to get out of my Support rut. Floating above the battlefield and raining justice on people with stiff necks is just terribly entertaining.

I suspect the charm will wear off once I try that against a competent team.

Pharah is my preferred offensive player. There are times where I completely wreck with her. However, it never fails, if I shoot into the sky and use her ult, I get shot out of the sky 100% of the time. Although her battle cry getting cut off will never get old.

"JUSTICE RAINS FROM ABAUGH........."

HEROES NEVER D-ARRRRRRRGHHHHHH

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
This discussion has been closed.