As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TERA] Game coming to an End in June

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Gloom and doom for you, fucking awesome for those of us who have poured hundreds of $$ into this game. :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    So many delicious rewards/credits... :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    More importantly... Hello Kitty costumes! :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    So I've been pretty deep into some really brain-and-labour-intensive stuff recently, and pretty much have needed some completely brain-dead grinding for numbers going up when I need breaks.

...Anyways, I've now got a 65 Priest, 65 Warrior, and 65 Slayer

Shameful only-like-2-week-later-edit: ....and 65 lancer.

Khavall on
    The good news: Hello Kitty costumes are live and they are cute as can be.

The bad news: They are random loot box rewards only.

Fuck you, Tera. Fuck you very much.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Yep, after thinking about it a couple days, the RNG bullshit on the Hello Kitty costumes was enough to make me unsub. Oh well, their loss. I'll just f2p it from now on.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    A lot of people are feeling the same way, the subreddit and official forum is saltier than usual about it.

• SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Neat, I have an outfit ready for her already too. Also waiting on that letter contest to wrap up, see if I got one of those statues.

Pink Hello Kitty uniform acquired for the price of a mere 235,000 gold...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Pics or it didn't happen!

Leveled a ninja to 33, it's very fast and fluid and does a hilarious amount of damage. She also has a ton of iframes so she doesn't feel as squishy as a cloth class should be. I used my 7-day elite voucher and I'm hoping to get her to 65 over the next few nights.

Of course there are no fashion coupon shop costumes available, so your only option for making your little girl look not creepy is cash shop costumes, and even then it's slim pickings. I gave her a spare pirate costume I had bought during the thanksgiving sale thinking it looked pretty modest but nope, thonged ass. Anyone else have a recommendation for a non-pedo Elin costume?

Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
    Sneakman wrote: »
    Leveled a ninja to 33, it's very fast and fluid and does a hilarious amount of damage. She also has a ton of iframes so she doesn't feel as squishy as a cloth class should be. I used my 7-day elite voucher and I'm hoping to get her to 65 over the next few nights.

Of course there are no fashion coupon shop costumes available, so your only option for making your little girl look not creepy is cash shop costumes, and even then it's slim pickings. I gave her a spare pirate costume I had bought during the thanksgiving sale thinking it looked pretty modest but nope, thonged ass. Anyone else have a recommendation for a non-pedo Elin costume?

You could always put a penguin costume on her. :razz:

It's mostly creepytown for Elin, I'm afraid. But you might want to look at the Elin Bloodshadow ninja outfit. (Seen here). At least that appears to have bloomers and a full top. Oh, hey, and it's thematically appropriate for the class!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    I got my Ninja to 65 this morning. It took 16 hours in total and I'm pretty happy with how quickly I was able to do that. I wasn't eligible for any of the fancy titles aside from Quick Ninja. I got a 7-day Elite voucher from a shadows loot box last week so I used that and all the other EXP boosts I had in my bank.

The Ninja class is really fun, very fast and fluid and does crazy damage. She gets a lot of "back time" due to Decoy Jutsu which teleports you behind a mobs back. You can reset the cool down with Double Cut and your auto attacks lower your cooldowns with each hit. They have high base endurance so I haven't found them to be that squishy.

She is in +12 dreadnaught, but only because I had a stack of 2k T8 feedstock in my bank. I don't know what they were thinking when they removed dismantling gear into feed. I don't think I will ever get into T9 gear at this rate.

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I finally installed this game, I played back in Beta before it released. I made a brawler, and honestly it seems a bit broken -- I constantly wrangle up entire zones of mobs and then juggle them into oblivion. Is this normal? I was using the 100% exp bonus item and went from lvl 20 to 25 in about 45 minutes killing Basilisks.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    Sadly, yes, that's normal. Brawler (and Ninja) are stupidly OP. Gunner is right behind. It's like each time they add a new class they have to one-up all the ones before.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Use this code <3TERAPlayers on your account page and get 200 Reward Points and a 3-day village atlas.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    They're live. Fucking 1995 EMP for a box that will randomly generate one of the five costumes.

$20 for a 1/5 chance of the one you want.

I am increasingly displeased with the direction Tera is taking with its cash shop.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    WHITE WHALE

HOLY GRAIL

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    Go to your account page and use the code: freepeppypreppy

Get a free Pora Elinu prep school uniform.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Thanks @Pixelated Pixie added it to my account for the inevitable next time I end up giving tera another few hours. :p

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I...uh....I like Shinobi.

I like shinobi ALOT.

RIP My Slayer.

So the new wardrobe is pretty handy. I may need more tabs though.

>.>

Annoyingly, you can't store costume boxes in there, just boxes that are opened. So my regular bank still has stacks of costume and weapon smart boxes. Also, some costume pieces can't be stored in the wardrobe for no clear reason. For example - pink feelers.

Still, it's a super useful addition to the game that basically amounts to 72 more free storage slots!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    The Gunner sure is neato, with a real feeling of kinetic weight and power. The creepy factor is high, however, with all of these new classes being restricted to nearly naked teenage female toons. I understand that the devs' willingness to spend money on racial animations is limited, but couldn't you give me just one big ol' hulking robot that isn't dancing around in panties ?

Fairchild on
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    65 is level cap, I take it ? Is TERA's endgame content as depressing as so many other MMO's ?

Fairchild wrote: »
    The Gunner sure is neato, with a real feeling of kinetic weight and power. The creepy factor is high, however, with all of these new classes being restricted to nearly naked teenage female toons. I understand that the devs' willingness to spend money on racial animations is limited, but couldn't you give me just one big ol' hulking robot that isn't dancing around in panties ?

Just gonna go out a limb here and say you may not be Tera's target audience. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Some of the enemy-design feels like Phantasy Star. I'd see more of it if I ever had time to play MMOs.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Anyone Lv40 or over have a Buddy Code to give out? I just downloaded the game again and I'm starting a new character to relearn the game.

Owenashi on
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Anyone Lv40 or over have a Buddy Code to give out? I just downloaded the game again and I'm starting a new character to relearn the game.

I can give you one when I get home from work in a few hours.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
  • LaonarLaonar Registered User regular
    Sorry for the newb question. I just started playing this and was wondering if the game is locked to only 2 characters per realm with elite status? Do you still need to buy character slots if you have elite status?

Laonar wrote: »
    Sorry for the newb question. I just started playing this and was wondering if the game is locked to only 2 characters per realm with elite status? Do you still need to buy character slots if you have elite status?

Pretty sure you have to buy more than 2. I don't think being elite ever got me more. It's hard for me to recall exactly. I'm up to 12 now, but I started with 8 for being a founder, and got a couple freebies along the way for reasons I forgot - possibly when the new classes were added.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Yes the easiest way to get more character slots is to buy the game, if that's even possible anymore. Plus it's been nice that they keep gifting new slots to me whenever a new class is released.

I actually started playing this a bit recently, just to see how it's doing. I love that I can come back any time! I saw that archers have gotten a re-vamp, but didn't try it yet. They any good?

Soooo.... new class? Who's excited? This one looks awesome enough to maybe get me back into Tera again. Hmm....

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Soooo.... new class? Who's excited? This one looks awesome enough to maybe get me back into Tera again. Hmm....

I just put together a new gaming PC and I will be playing the new class to 65. I'll probably gear her up with Guile stuff and maybe buy an outfit. Depends on how fun she is. I've played most of the classes and I only ever invest in my brawler.

• Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    I just found out about the new class recently myself, and I'm pretty excited! I'm not sure why, since every other new class has tended to not even make it past the tutorial, but hey.... I'm down to try again, and this one really looks like my jam.

TERA has the honor of being the only MMO that I still keep installed. I haven't really played it in years, but I still have a fondness for it.

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017

I'm interested. I like TERA lots. But it seems to be just a little too ... (boring isn't the right word, but something like that) to play solo for often.

It's more something I either do by myself to relax while listening to music or watching something. Or do with friends and use it as a vehicle to socialize.

But I will reinstall the game for the Valkyrie. Here's hoping it's as fun as the Brawler (or Gunner, that one got pretty fun past 20).

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png