As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

West 2016 [Hotel] Partners are now live!

• Options
    solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular
    When I login to see my hotel reservation I can't make alterations. I get this: "Alterations to this reservation are not allowed". Anyone know why?

xg81x9uysw01.png
  • Options
    thegh0stthegh0st Registered User regular
    solomon123 wrote: »
    When I login to see my hotel reservation I can't make alterations. I get this: "Alterations to this reservation are not allowed". Anyone know why?

I just hung up with OnPeak about this. They said they don't know why and weren't told anything, but that they are in the process of making upgrades to their online system so it should just be a temporary thing.

• Options
    thegh0st wrote: »

I just hung up with OnPeak about this. They said they don't know why and weren't told anything, but that they are in the process of making upgrades to their online system so it should just be a temporary thing.

Oh okay sweet. Thanks!

xg81x9uysw01.png
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016

It did this to me at East whenever it said the hotel was delisted (like the Sheraton is now). I assume it's similar here.

TheAggroCraig on
  • Options
    SreslaSresla Registered User regular
    3rd-ing or 4th-ing the sadness that the Paramount isn't an option. It's my hotel of choice when I'm in Seattle for events and I've always had excellent service there. I actually used to favor the Roosevelt but the last time I stayed there a few years ago, my friend and I got a room with a dirty tub, sink that had standing water in it with a lot (and I mean a lot) of hair and a fridge with yellow-ish water in it as well. To be fair, someone from housekeeping came and took care of it as soon as we called down, but it was off-putting enough for us to relocate away from there permanently. The last thing you want after a long trip is a dirtied up hotel room. We're giving the Grand Hyatt a go this time, unless the Paramount appears at a later date.

• Options
    PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular
    Sresla wrote: »
    3rd-ing or 4th-ing the sadness that the Paramount isn't an option. It's my hotel of choice when I'm in Seattle for events and I've always had excellent service there. I actually used to favor the Roosevelt but the last time I stayed there a few years ago, my friend and I got a room with a dirty tub, sink that had standing water in it with a lot (and I mean a lot) of hair and a fridge with yellow-ish water in it as well. To be fair, someone from housekeeping came and took care of it as soon as we called down, but it was off-putting enough for us to relocate away from there permanently. The last thing you want after a long trip is a dirtied up hotel room. We're giving the Grand Hyatt a go this time, unless the Paramount appears at a later date.

I did the Hyatt last year and it was fantastic. At least the location was great, having our hotel be one of the ones they host panels at made it very nice for some of the longer waits. We were high up enough not to be bothered by it either. Rooms were nice and clean as well, and delivered items to us quickly

• Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    I actually used to favor the Roosevelt but the last time I stayed there a few years ago, my friend and I got a room with a dirty tub, sink that had standing water in it with a lot (and I mean a lot) of hair and a fridge with yellow-ish water in it as well. To be fair, someone from housekeeping came and took care of it as soon as we called down, but it was off-putting enough for us to relocate away from there permanently.

Le sad. Does not inspire confidence in me since this was the one hotel I could get with all my nights.

• Options
    grifta67grifta67 SF, CARegistered User regular
    If anyone is into the hostel scene, I'm about to cancel my one bed at the Green Tortoise. I had it booked for 9/1 - 9/6, it's ~$34 per night. Doesn't help for people in groups but it's perfect for a solo PAX go'er.

Prime '09, '10, '11, '12, '13
  • Options
    havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular
    Potatoeman wrote: »

I did the Hyatt last year and it was fantastic. At least the location was great, having our hotel be one of the ones they host panels at made it very nice for some of the longer waits. We were high up enough not to be bothered by it either. Rooms were nice and clean as well, and delivered items to us quickly

The Grand Hyatt is a nice hotel and it was my hotel of choice the first few years I started going to PAX. I started shifting over to the Sheraton because it was cheaper, but you can't go wrong with either one in my opinion.

XyqJPIp.png
  • Options
    DapperPumpkinDapperPumpkin Registered User regular
    Is it just me or has the Sheraton disappeared from onpeak? I had been hoping to keep an eye on it in case a room opened up sometime between now and PAX.

• Options
    havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular
    Is it just me or has the Sheraton disappeared from onpeak? I had been hoping to keep an eye on it in case a room opened up sometime between now and PAX.

It has, but I think its something related to the system. If you have a Sheraton reservation, its still there, and I'm sure at some point it will pop back up. Something similar happened with the Westin during PAX East, where it kept dropping in and out of the system for whatever reason, but as long as you got the reservation it was there. Somebody mentioned earlier in the thread that they were doing something to their system so this is probably a side effect.

XyqJPIp.png
  • Options
    I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular

It looks gone to me also. It feels like there were less hotels this year than previous years. Maybe it was just cuz the site crashed twice on mobile for me and I get to get to a desktop to make my reservation.

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    Nathan WindNathan Wind Colorado Springs, CORegistered User regular
    I am travelling with my two 6ft + teenagers and could only snag a double occupancy room at the Hyatt. I am assuming it is a King room and we should be able to get a rollaway. Will it be an issue when we check in to have an extra person or will they just charge me for triple and give me a rollaway?

PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
    My Rig: I7 7700K, Aorus K5, 32GB RipJaws V, Samsung 960 PCIe 256 & 500, Zotac 1080Ti
  • Options
    The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    I am travelling with my two 6ft + teenagers and could only snag a double occupancy room at the Hyatt. I am assuming it is a King room and we should be able to get a rollaway. Will it be an issue when we check in to have an extra person or will they just charge me for triple and give me a rollaway?

The biggest issue is whether there will be a roll away available. If you didn't put it on your reservation, you may be SOL.
    I don't know if you can amend your reservation to add it, but if you can - do so.
    (Even if you did put it on your reservation, with a large event they may run out.)

As for payment variations - no idea.

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • Options
    dragon keeper xdragon keeper x Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    the que line for hotels kicked me out 3 different times to the back of the line when my turn was next, and I was not able to snag a hotel. I have emailed on-peak about this issue and the response i received was that there is nothing they can do about it because they are all booked up. This is not fair, why do we have to be punished as customers when the site messes up?

dragon keeper x on
    Max sig size: 500x80px <3 Moe
    sig_dragonx.jpg
  • Options
    bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    the que line for hotels kicked me out 3 different times to the back of the line when my turn was next, and I was not able to snag a hotel. I have emailed on-peak about this issue and the response i received was that there is nothing they can do about it because they are all booked up. This is not fair, why do we have to be punished as customers when the site messes up?
    It sucks, I'm sure. But if others where able to get in, what would you suggest, onpeak take away their reservations? There really isn't any fair way to deal with things like this that I can think of. :(

Best you can do is check the site as we get closer to the show. It's not unusual to see them open up as plans change for people.

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Yeah, I was kicked 3 times then had to do it on my desktop. If you look through the thread you see this error caught a lot of other people, so you are not the only one. Also not sure what you expect them to do the rectify the issue, because Bacon is right, they can't just take someone else reservation away.
    When I finally got in and I had all my nights at the Hilton selected and in my "cart", I was putting in my CC info and it told me someone else had already booked those rooms.
    Shit happens and now I am at a different hotel, but still at a hotel within walking distance.
    I am just glad to have all my tickets and my room.

I will keep looking for a diff hotel to open up, but it doesn't look like that will happen.

I3izzy on
    ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options

Same thing happened to me last year but don't give up hope. As others have said, keep checking the onpeak site and things will crop up. Also you can always mix and match nights at different hotels as a last resort.

• Options
    Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular

They do charge a fee per additional person in the room. Example: 2 occupants in a 2 bed room is cheaper then 4 people in a 2 bed room. It usually isn't a ton, like $20 a night or something per person.

Room occupancy is limited to "quad"... Not that that has ever stopped anyone before.

• Options
    windfallwindfall Registered User regular
    Does anyone have experience staying at the W? The only options are single occupancy or double occupancy at the same price. I'm wondering if that just means it's a choice between 1 bed or 2 beds.

• Options
    Still can't make alterations to my Sheraton reservation...

xg81x9uysw01.png
  • Options
    Still can't make alterations to my Sheraton reservation...

What do you want to alter? I think the Sheraton is totally booked up.

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    Not sure what happened but a whole bunch of rooms just opened up on OnPeak for those that were still needing some or looking to switch. Seeing both Hyatts, Fairmont, and a few more as options now.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Although the Sheraton is still missing from the list and existing reservations there can't be modified.

• Options
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    Although the Sheraton is still missing from the list and existing reservations there can't be modified.

Yeah that's weird. I thought it just might be a glitch but it's been happening for awhile now.

• Options

Yeah that's weird. I thought it just might be a glitch but it's been happening for awhile now.

I was hoping this opening of rooms would coincide with them relisting the Sheraton, but no such luck. I can't really think what would affect 1 hotel. Coincidentally the most popular. And if they overbooked and were waiting till people canceled, locking it does them no good.

• Options
    Croatian SensationCroatian Sensation Registered User regular
    Just canceled at the motif. Going to try the Renaissance for the first time.

• Options
    windfallwindfall Registered User regular
    Hmm currently my group has rooms at the Westin and the W. Doesn't look like we can consolidate with the current openings.

• Options
    zwitterionzwitterion Registered User regular
    Any opinions on Hilton? Got my reservation there.

• Options
    TabbyKatTabbyKat Registered User regular
    zwitterion wrote: »

Stayed there last year. It was really nice. No breakfast though :( Sign up for Hilton Honors so you can get free wifi (and discounts in the future). They also charge an additional fee for parking as a heads up.

• Options
    zwitterionzwitterion Registered User regular
    TabbyKat wrote: »

Stayed there last year. It was really nice. No breakfast though :( Sign up for Hilton Honors so you can get free wifi (and discounts in the future). They also charge an additional fee for parking as a heads up.

Thanks for the info! Will follow your advice...unless Sheraton opens up and I can snipe a spot. Loved the Sheraton last year

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    EDIT:: Doh, got my hotels mixed up

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Legendary bathrooms

Not even kidding

You will fall asleep in that tub at least once.

How do they compare to the Grand Hyatt? Looking at photos online (why do hotels post photos of anything besides the bathroom?) it looks like Hilton and Sheraton are on par and Grand Hyatt is probably better. But I've only been in the Sheraton ones.

Also, the Moore (cheap old hotel a few blocks out) still has old-fashioned deep claw-foot tubs in some of the rooms. They are amazing.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    Small question,

I have the Roosevelt reserved for double occupancy one bed, but it allows in the options to request two double beds (which I did). I know optional requests are just that, but anyone ever have this pan out for them?

• Options
    DarkAonDarkAon Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Small question,

I have the Roosevelt reserved for double occupancy one bed, but it allows in the options to request two double beds (which I did). I know optional requests are just that, but anyone ever have this pan out for them?

Yes, our group was able to get one when we stayed there in 2010. They have a limited number of rollaway beds that they will bring up for you if request at the front desk.

gdGxyA3
  • Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    DarkAon wrote: »
    They have a limited number of rollaway beds that they will bring up for you if request at the front desk.

Because RABs are so limited, I suggest as soon as the reservations transfer over to the hotel I would give them a call and have it noted on your reservation as a special request. I don't think that will guarantee you get one, but its better than being the 101 guest to check in and find out all the beds have all ready been earmarked for other guests.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Gah, double post

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Legendary bathrooms

Not even kidding

You will fall asleep in that tub at least once.

How do they compare to the Grand Hyatt? Looking at photos online (why do hotels post photos of anything besides the bathroom?) it looks like Hilton and Sheraton are on par and Grand Hyatt is probably better. But I've only been in the Sheraton ones.

Also, the Moore (cheap old hotel a few blocks out) still has old-fashioned deep claw-foot tubs in some of the rooms. They are amazing.

Errr, I got my hotels mixed up haha. Disregard. I was totally thinking of the Hyatt.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    STILL can't make alterations to my hotel reservation...

xg81x9uysw01.png
  • Options
    STILL can't make alterations to my hotel reservation...

Again, what are you trying to change?
    And have to reached out to OnPeak? Cuz this is just a forum and we don't work for them.

ZYseqtZ.png