As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX West 2016 Forum Badge

• I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    zwitterion wrote: »
    Maybe sneak a little "prime" symbol in there as an ode to earlier builds of the badge

I like this, but don't know how it will happen.

PAX Prime will never die!

ZYseqtZ.png
  • The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    I3izzy wrote: »
    zwitterion wrote: »
    Maybe sneak a little "prime" symbol in there as an ode to earlier builds of the badge

I like this, but don't know how it will happen.

PAX Prime will never die!

What is dead may never die.

Ergo... PAX Prime is dead.

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    I always love the Forum Badges

• ccbostickccbostick Registered User regular
    Hooray for the forum badge!!!

• vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    I'd also like to chime in and say that a subtle reference to Prime would be nice. Nothing terribly overt, just a small thing for the memories. I haven't been around even half as many years as most folks here, but the change from Prime still caught me off guard.

55ymlH2.png
  • zenprimezenprime That Cat that ain't a Cat T-Town, WARegistered User regular
    maybe have the background be slightly visible console prompt running a verbose log, as in:

Running PAX_BADGE.EXE
    > Ver W127.0.0.1-PAX
    >CALL PAX_PRIME_2016.nfo NO RESPONSE
    >PAX_FONT1.tft NOT FOUND replaced with default.tft
    >PAX_LOGO_SLICE_2.gif CORRUPTED
    >PAX_LOGO_SLICE_4.png NOT FOUND
    >

etc. Sneak some easter eggs in there or something maybe?

PAXing till I Plotz
    xSBUZyE.png
    PAX Weast 2017 Status: Badges [X] Room [X] Fried Rice [X]
  • SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Nice badge as always!

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    First allow me to apologise for the radio silence on here from me of late, the whole Brexit thing has impacted me quite badly and put at risk my ability to attend PAX Prime West. Anyway it would appear my finances can cope with the weaker £ so I am going to be at PAX West after all.

With respect to some of the comments on the badge, again I must stress this is a physical object, not a piece of code. Try to imagine what it would be like for a physical object to be in early access state. That's the entire joke, only video games can be partially released, not anything else! Well this badge seeks to prove that theory wrong.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    so glad to hear that Brexit is not stopping you from attending Pri.... West ! Can't wait to get my hands on the physical badge again this year, amazing work as always and thanks so much for creating them for us.

• DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    hehe I was on holidays in London during Brexit. Was quite the thing to witness. Hopefully it doesn't affect you too badly @kropotkin. I do look forward to your forum badge at whatever PAX I'm at.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Like how this looks! I have mine from 2014 proudly on my shelf still :)

• Joe.EXEJoe.EXE Registered User regular
    To bad you can't have a link to the NDA.

Well, to be fair, there could totally be cheeky and make a double sided NDA that is about the size of the badge to go with it, don't know how well that would go over though since it would be another thing that would need to be mocked up and laminated. Money money money.

This is my first PAX, I was wondering where do I pick up the forum badge? Because this sounds really cool and I would like to do as much as I can while I'm there.

Regards,
    Joe.EXE

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Historically, they are handed out at a few community events prior to PAX beginning, like the boardgaming night and the pre pax dinner (now renamed to the start of term feast). After PAX begins, midway through the first day of PAX they are left with friendly enforcers at the BYOC security checkin. Kropotkin will post instructions on picking them up once we get closer to PAX.

• BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Historically, they are handed out at a few community events prior to PAX beginning, like the boardgaming night and the pre pax dinner (now renamed to the start of term feast). After PAX begins, midway through the first day of PAX they are left with friendly enforcers at the BYOC security checkin. Kropotkin will post instructions on picking them up once we get closer to PAX.

Bring on the QUIZ!!!!

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
    Ugh....can't remember the quiz. I hope it's not history or advanced calculus

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
    Also a computer scientist and a streamer.
  • BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    Nfan10039 wrote: »
    Ugh....can't remember the quiz. I hope it's not history or advanced calculus

The answers are usually posted here in advance ;)

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
    edited July 2016
    Greetings all. I know I have been quiet, but this year's badge has not needed a lot of design input thanks to the theme being chosen from the start. Yes there have been some tweaks to it but fundamentally it remains the same. I shall be posting pics of the back of the badge, which will simply be the list of beta testers of the badge :biggrin:

The badge will be available at the Pre-PAX Dinner and the board game night at the Sheraton. If you cannot pick them up from there, please go to the BYOC desk from midday Friday to 4pm Monday to pick one up. Note in order to collect one from the BYOC you must be able to answer ONE of the following questions:
    1) Name ONE unofficial PAX Prime West community event/activity:

* Pre-PAX Dinner
    * Cookie Brigade
    * Pre-PAX/Post PAX Board Game meetup
    * Tri Wizards drinking tournament

2) Who made the Forum Badges?

Kropotkin [Pr: KRO-POT-KIN]

3) Do Mike and Jerry read the Penny Arcade forums?

No

4) Name/Handle of a PAX Forum Moderator?

zerzhul

5) What is the theme for the PAX Prime West 2016 forum badge?

Early Access

6) What is printed on the back of the forum badge?

List of names of forum members who have contributed to its design.

7) What is written above the PAX Community crest?

Welcome Home

8) There is a group of PAX attendees that give out crunchy and sweet foodstuffs and takes voluntary donations for the Childsplay charity during PAX. What is this group called?

The Cookie Brigade

9) According to the forums, it is a general rule that PAX is most definitely not, under any circumstances a BLANK service. What is the 'blank'?

Dating

10) Name the four colours in the shield of the PAX community crest?

Red, Blue, Orange and Yellow.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular
    Glad to hear you can make it out despite Brexit..
    But looks like there's a small copy/paste error in the questions& answers..the prime/west bar crawl should be the Tri- Wizards Drinking Tournament and not the Pokecrawl (despite the best efforts of Pokemon Go..)

Thanks @Baka Al it is now fixed.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    I def. like the idea of V2 or even V3, pax/prime/west. Looks great regardless of what happens!

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure if you are still taking comments I've been away and a bit of a slacker this year so i'm late.. It's and interesting design I would maybe change the blank lettering so not every word has the 2nd letter missing. Change it up some make it the 1st or 3rd or last etc on some of them. This one will be an interesting addition to my collection :biggrin:

Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
    vn6ID15.png

Good idea @ElmoFuntz I blame my human brain for not being able to do random!

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• SanDogWepsSanDogWeps Limerick Monger San DiegoRegistered User regular
    On the off chance it is not too late to get my name on the badge... I have been underway for way too long. Your tax dollars hard at work. See you all soon!!!

keyanEQ2_100x400.gif
  • cbelleviecbellevie Registered User regular
    I got a good laugh when opening the badge image on mobile and, despite seeing a number of times and being fully aware of the loading image, though the image was really loading... I love this much more now!

• japerryjaperry Registered User regular
    Oh man the badge is looking great this year. +1 to name on the back, I totally was late last year... but managed to snag it at the pre-pax boardgame party. Can't wait to see ya'll there this year!

7jIDTca.png
  • Mr Je11ymanMr Je11yman Registered User regular
    Missed PAX last year, but got my tickets for this year. See you there!

• CruxxesCruxxes Registered User new member
    Got last year's badge at the pre-pax boardgame event and can't wait to go to this years to play some more boardgames, as well as get the badge, its looking great, so hyped.

• MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    So since the theme of the badge is early access, should it have the greenlit corner tag from steam?

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
    Mighty wrote: »
    So since the theme of the badge is early access, should it have the greenlit corner tag from steam?

Again the badge is not a video game, it's a badge. However, we could install a badge distribution thing that is the same as Steam. We could say it's green-lit by the BYOC Registration desk :)

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• DeathNTaxesDeathNTaxes Registered User regular
    Chiming in way late, but the badge design looks good. If it is not too late, please add my name to the back of the badge.

• MagnusCarterMagnusCarter Registered User regular
    Looking good as always kopotkin, but wouldn't it be greenlit by Pre-Pax gaming / Crawl events. BYOC desk is normal release ?

Looking good as always kopotkin, but wouldn't it be greenlit by Pre-Pax gaming / Crawl events. BYOC desk is normal release ?

Possible MMT green lit?

• RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    I think I may be going to West (working on getting tickets). How does one get a forum badge?

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    RILMS wrote: »
    I think I may be going to West (working on getting tickets). How does one get a forum badge?

They're available at a few pre-PAX events (like board game night). Otherwise they'll be at the BYOC info desk all weekend. Usually you have to pass a quiz if you pick it up at BYOC, but the questions and answers will be posted here.

PimDtoK.png
  • f33rNapalmf33rNapalm Registered User regular
    Badge is looking great, as always!

• sirmrejsirmrej Seattle areaRegistered User regular
    Badge lookin good, I support this effort, as always :)

I would advise everyone read this post very carefully as it contains some important information.

Firstly here is the design of the back of the badge I have developed:
    160814%20PAX%20West%202016%20PA%20Forum%20Badge%20Back%20Early%20Access%20v1_zps5ax9mfc3.jpg

Please provide feedback on it and I shall amend accordingly.

The second piece of very important information is when I shall be printing the badges and hence will compile the list of people that will have their names emblazoned on the back of the badge:

THE CUT OFF DATE FOR HAVING YOUR NAME INCLUDED ON THE FORUM BADGE IS FRIDAY 19TH AUGUST 2016

Yes that's next Friday! Sorry for the short notice on this one, but PAX Prime West 2016 is looming ever closer so you should not be that surprised by this.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Looking great, glad to have my name on another forum badge!.

Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    so hype! can't wait.

ChMDm4Y.png
    edited August 2016
    For a second I thought the back of the badge had test subjects crossed out, not testers!
    Looks spiffy as always

Baka Al on