As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PA Forums Ventrilo / Discord Server

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    So I've been looking at the channel listings, and I'm thinking of going through and doing a purge since there's a LOT that are going un-used most of the time. What groups still actively use their channels?

Also, I'm kind of curious to how many unique peeps actually read this thread and use the server. So I threw together a poll. Click yes once.

Going back to the first point, I've been debating of doing some channels that are behind a non-public password wall, in case there's a group that truly doesn't want to be bothered by random spammers in case there isn't a admin on to deal with them. It'd be a password that'd only get handed out to people we know are forum regulars, and shouldn't be passed around to randos you may be playing with.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I took the poll. =P The only people I see regularly using vent nowadays are the HotS folks and a dozen-or-so regulars who seem to use it for whatever. We used it for MWO as well, but that game is pretty much dying and it doesn't seem like the PA folks can consistently get groups going.

• LustreLustre Registered User new member
    hi i took the poll and i made a donation because i realized i've been using this since i've been in high school and i'm actually a working professional now

• TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    I mostly just use one or 2 of the lobby channels, and am on at least every other day for a bit. We could definitely reduce the number of lobbies we have, I haven't seen them full for quite some time.

I can also help with passworded channels if someone sees me on and they want a bit more privacy as an admin.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Yeah I always look at them with the delete key longingly in hand. Definitely good to trim 'em down, just never sure what people use.

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    once or twice I just deleted every channel and rebuilt from scratch.
    -Chat
    -Game Rooms
    --Game Room 1
    --Game Room 2
    --Game Room 3
    -Idle

Then let everything grow from there. Channel Names, more channels, whatever was needed.

jCyyTSo.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    the poll options confused me so I just went with the safe vote and put pudding

which is mostly meant to say "I come here every once and a while when people tell me to (aka for HotS)."

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Is the server info in the FirstPost current? I didn't see it time-stamped or dated.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Is the server info in the FirstPost current? I didn't see it time-stamped or dated.

At least for Vent, the info in the big bold letters (vent15) at the top is correct. My quote's a older version, I think it's still there due to the donation link being in it.

persona4celestia.jpg
    edited July 2016
    Yeah as far as I know the bolded stuff is current. Lemme know if anything needs changing or updating

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    At 10pm "Hoosier" came into the Moba channels and started screaming at everyone. We muted him and he moved on to the shooter channels, where he's currently harassing everyone as I type this.

Didn't see this until now, did some log diving and slapped him with a ban in case he tries to come back.

A @ helps out a ton, since I might not notice that someone posted in the thread.

persona4celestia.jpg
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Didn't see this until now, did some log diving and slapped him with a ban in case he tries to come back.

A @ helps out a ton, since I might not notice that someone posted in the thread.

No worries, I'll remember that. Also, I took the poll and I agree with @Inquisitor77 that I spent about 99% of my time in the moba channels and that's really where I feel like the server's primary activity's located.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I've been using the channels for MMO gaming (SWTOR and Wildstar).

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm in there for HoTS only.

steam_sig.png
    edited August 2016
    9:50pm "Sea Mother" came into the Moba channels and started yelling / making loud groaning noises repeatedly. Muted him, then he came back as "Sea_Mother" and repeated the behavior. Then he came back as "Roger_Bacon" and did it again. Then he came back as "Koudelka" and did it again. Then he came back as "Halley" and did it again.

milk ducks on
    Looked at the logs, and hit him with a IP ban.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Had a guy come into Thoma's Hangout about 1:15central named "Duncan," "8Spring8Field8", "Sprngfld", and a few others and start acting like he was masturbating in the channel.

rRwz9.gif
  • DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    I've taken down the PA TeamSpeak 3 server. With Vent and Discord these days it wasn't seeing much use. It's been a pleasure serving the PA community :)

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    DigitalSyn wrote: »
    I've taken down the PA TeamSpeak 3 server. With Vent and Discord these days it wasn't seeing much use. It's been a pleasure serving the PA community :)

Thanks for taking the time to help out the community.

camo_sig.png
    I salute you. o>

Not sure how long Ventrilo will last with discord being the hip new thing

jCyyTSo.png
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    I salute you. o>

We appreciate you too Pika.

camo_sig.png
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    That said... what are the Discord details? :)

I'mnot sure if there is a PA discord

jCyyTSo.png
    I'mnot sure if there is a PA discord

There's no one official one yet, I'm part of 2 or 3 that are just different groups of PA guys. If we ever decided to retire Vent, we should be sure to make a main hub one for all of G&T sometime.

camo_sig.png
    übergeek wrote: »
    I salute you. o>

We appreciate you too Pika.
    PMAvers has run vent for almost as long as I have now and is very appreciated.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    I'd be down for posting of some of the Discord data if/when it happens.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    Since the Vault 7 release from wikileaks, Mordrack has been missing from vent. Coincidence?

JJ wrote: »
    Since the Vault 7 release from wikileaks, Mordrack has been missing from vent. Coincidence?

Well @Mordrack was on steam 18 hours ago and I know we got that discord channel setup.

Or, he's a spy. He's probably a spy.

• MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I'd be down for posting of some of the Discord data if/when it happens.

There is, in fact a Discord, and there's no one in it!

https://discord.gg/DQCxuQr

This invite will not expire. Get in here, ye chatters.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    We had a custom discord setup for Overwatch G&T, but someone had the bright idea to consolidate all PA into one PA discord. I.E. the "official one".

Could we get a new channel/room in the Penny Arcade Official Discord dedicated for Overwatch if possible? I'll make a post and update the OP for Overwatch in the G&T thread.

edited April 2017
    We had a custom discord setup for Overwatch G&T, but someone had the bright idea to consolidate all PA into one PA discord. I.E. the "official one".

Could we get a new channel/room in the Penny Arcade Official Discord dedicated for Overwatch if possible? I'll make a post and update the OP for Overwatch in the G&T thread.

Let's see what I can do.....

EDIT Made a single voice channel for now. We'll have to see how many people are going to use it to gauge how many we need to amke in the end.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Is it ok if the Terraria crew I'm putting together use the Discord?

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531

Would you like a channel for it?

camo_sig.png
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular

If it's not too much trouble, that would be lovely!

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531

If it's not too much trouble, that would be lovely!

Done.

camo_sig.png
    So @Mordrack has been missing from vent for several months now.

He's also been offline Steam for quite a while, which is highly unusual for him.

Hope you're doing okay Mordrack.

edited June 2017
    Update: Mordrack is just off the internet. Doing okay, thus meeting Sniperguy's hopes.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    Update: Mordrack is just off the internet. Doing okay, thus meeting Sniperguy's hopes.
    This makes me happy. Though I'm still salty he's not on vent. I should prepare a speech when he returns.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    JJ wrote: »
    This makes me happy. Though I'm still salty he's not on vent. I should prepare a speech when he returns.
    Don't forget to include soi soi soi.