As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's Steven's Universe, We All Just Live in It

CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
edited August 2016 in Social Entropy++
Steven Universe is a show about gay space rocks and their adopted half-human/half-rock son. It includes great music, great fight scenes, and great friends!

Extended Theme Song (spoilers for Season Two)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip1eVBs7hC4

The show has an unusual airing schedule, with hiatuses lasting for months followed by "Steven Bombs" of multiple episodes dropping in a short span of time. Right now we're nearing the end of the Summer of Steven, a massive Steven Bomb that saw new episodes airing every weeknight. Season Three ends this Wednesday, August 10th! Two new episodes Monday, one new episode Tuesday, and one new episode Wednesday.

Season Four begins Thursday, August 11th! The next episode after that airs Friday, and then new episodes will air weekly every Thursday until whenever the next hiatus comes. Check the schedule here for more details.

Use this thread to discuss new episodes, post fan art, talk about your favourite Steven Universe songs, and determine who is the best Crystal Gem.
It's Peridot.

I have a twitter.
Charmy on

• Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    Charmy wrote: »
    It's Peridot The Great and Lovable Peridot.

FTFY

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Wait, the current bomb ends on Wednesday? Are there not 4 episodes left in it (Beta, Earthlings, Back to the Moon, Bubbled)?

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    from what I can tell we still get two more episodes from the fourth season this week (kindergarten kid, know your fusion) before the schedule switches back to one ep per week for the foreseeable future

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    That still doesn't add up, for me. That would mean 6 episodes this week, over 5 weekdays.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Theres an hour long episode this week

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    So one day has 4 episodes, or are they airing 2 Bismuth-style double-size episodes?

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    beta and earthlings are both supposed to air today

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Ok. That puts things back in order. So that means that season 3 will end on Wednesday with Bubbled.

• Options
    I pulled the schedule from r/StevenUniverse:

https://www.reddit.com/r/stevenuniverse/wiki/schedule

Two episodes today, then one every day for the rest of the week, then one every Thursday after that. I'll update the OP for clarity.

I have a twitter.
  • Options
    Charmy wrote: »
    It's Peridot The Great and Lovable Peridot, New Leader of the Crystal Gems.

FTFY

Double-fixed.

I have a twitter.
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    You know I just thought of who Amethyst really needs to have a talk with:
    Pearl. They've got similar self-esteem problems, and honestly it'd probably help both of them.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    W56j3gF

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    I don't understand.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Wait - so we're actually getting 1x week after this is over? Like a normal show? I guess I missed that detail - my kid will be super excited.

We bought two of the blind boxed figures this weekend (the Mystery Minis). We got the Garnet without her gauntlets and Lapis. Garnet is neat - although he found it sort of dull, but Lapis is really great.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    tumblr_oblog7k5cp1qgydino1_1280.jpg

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    What a fitting hobby for Highschool AU Peridot.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    But when will the THREE STREET DIAMONDS gang of the all girl prep-school HOMEWORLD HIGH come to challenge the school?

Will Principal Steven, and lovebirds Rose and Grey, be able to band the delinquents and misfits of Crystal High to protect their school? Can he teach them the biggest lesson of all?
    badpearlandlapis.png
    COMING SOON:

RUMBLE IN THE STREETS OF BEACH CITY

Gundi on
  • Options
    Beta is a work of meep-morp.

• Options
    HOLY CRAP EARTHLINGS.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Earthlings:
    SMOKY QUARTZ!

JASPER'S CORRUPTED NOW!

ROSE + PINK DIAMOND = ?????

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Ilpala wrote: »

Earthlings:
    SMOKY QUARTZ!

JASPER'S CORRUPTED NOW!

i read that more as rose killed/captured pink diamond? The mural from serious Steven shows rose holding pink diamond in her hands.

Or maybe she's lion, I dunno.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Today made me so happy. And sad. And happy. I love this shooooooooow.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Wut so did the show serious just do a
    STD metaphor? Because that's what it feels like.

Also

"Nothing I fuse with ever wants to stay"

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Every time I thought shit got the realest it just keeps getting realer

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Ilpala wrote: »

Earthlings:
    SMOKY QUARTZ!

JASPER'S CORRUPTED NOW!

i read that more as rose killed/captured pink diamond? The mural from serious Steven shows rose holding pink diamond in her hands.

Or maybe she's lion, I dunno.
    Rose must have done a huge number on homeworld somehow well beyond just messing with the colony on Earth.

Couscous on
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Some stuff happened holy guacamole!

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    What an awesome episode holy crap.
    The confirmation that Steven can fuse with other gems was great but SMOKY QUARTZ WHAT IS UP WITH YOUR ASYMMETRIC ARMS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    this affects my long term speculation.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Earthlings episode spoilers!
    that was rad! So Jasper is done. Was not expecting that. :O

but the Rubies are back, presumably to get Jasper. Now Jasper is corrupted. So what do.

and what caused the corruption? Was it fusing with the monster, and it worked like an infection, or was it just that she was beaten and gave in to despair?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular

but the Rubies are back, presumably to get Jasper. Now Jasper is corrupted. So what do.

and what caused the corruption? Was it fusing with the monster, and it worked like an infection, or was it just that she was beaten and gave in to despair?
    Almost definitely the first. There's been plenty of despair going around the crystal gems at various points.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Smokey Quartz didnt really do it for me

Maybe it was just the music

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    One theory I can't believe was wrong:
    Whoa Rose wasn't Pink Diamond after all?

Also man this episode really painted corruption as like a literal gem disease.
    Also, it's not that surprising, but:
    Man, can't believe they made me feel kind of bad for Jasper. Sure, she's still a sociopath, but I can't help but feel she never really had a chance.

Gundi on
  • Options

in Monster Reunion, Garnet describes the corruption as an injury of the mind, rather than of the body. And fusion is an extremely close sharing of the mind. So it seems as though Jasper fusing with the corrupted beast caused her mind to come too close to the corruption that afflicted the beast.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Earthlings
    Did Rose Quartz assassinate Pink Diamond? Is that what drove the other three to launch the corruption bomb and abandon Earth?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Earthlings
    Did Rose Quartz assassinate Pink Diamond? Is that what drove the other three to launch the corruption bomb and abandon Earth?
    and after what happened with Bismuth? If that is what happened, Rose must have been driven to desperation.

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    What an awesome episode holy crap.
    The confirmation that Steven can fuse with other gems was great but SMOKY QUARTZ WHAT IS UP WITH YOUR ASYMMETRIC ARMS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
    I really liked the asymmetrical arms. It was a good way to visually express the themes of Amethyst's recent arc; she may not be "perfect" but that doesn't make her any less valuable.

I didn't think Steven was ever going to fuse with any of the original Crystal Gems, but having it happen with Amethyst felt right.

I have a twitter.
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Aww man, DVR only recorded the first 15 mins so I only caught Beta

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Earthlings
    Well, since the "Rose is Pink Diamond" theory died, the possibility space largely collapsed into:

-Rose killed Pink Diamond
    -Pink Diamond sympathized with Rose's reformist ideas and was killed by the other diamonds

I'd been leaning towards A largely on the basis that it makes for a better story.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I think I am getting on the (Earthlings spoilers)
    Lion is corrupted Pink Diamond crack theory bandwagon even if it makes little sense as you would think the Crystal Gems would know how Rose defeated Pink Diamond but Pearl didn't know anything about Lion and Bismuth was hidden in the Lion so Rose probably had Lion before anything happened to Pink Diamond.

This discussion has been closed.