As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Monster Hunter] World. PS4 Beta on 12/9. Welcome new Hunters!

SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgradeRegistered User regular
edited December 2017 in Games and Technology
First thing is first:
Voice Comms

Introducing: Monster Hunter Generations

This is the newest installment of the series which we were uncertain about a localization of until very recently.

Here's some extra information.

What is Monster Hunter?

Welcome to the game where in the goal is to kill off these guys with some form of pointy or shooty implement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_ZAQ9_QK5s&noredirect=1

Monster Hunter is a series about hunting little things, making weapons and armor from the bits of the little things then eventually using those weapons and armor to hunt bigger things. Repeat until the next game in the series comes out.

Old Screenshots

xW2u4XK.png
H97GkCr.png
EK02j0t.jpg
wc2pcjF.png
1e7AVC8.jpg

Game Info and Useful Stuff
Kiranico MH Generations database
Athena's Armor Set Search for all game versions.
GaijinHunter’s MHGEN weapon tutorial playlist. Seriously. Watch these for your weapon
Web Based Armor Skill Simulator for when you can't run Athena's
Handy MH Generations Monster chart.

MHGEN Hunting Spreadsheet

PA MHGEN friend code data form
See the form entries.

Speaking of playing together. The generic PA password for rooms is

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
Seidkona on

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    The thread is a LEEEEtle early. Like our trap-setting. *zing*

Basically it's a Rare Steak. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

I have to do some work on a job lead when I get home and can't guarantee I can put it up at 99.

Orphane wrote: »
    I think if you had a solid +5-6 bomb boost charm with at least O you could pair it with dreadqueen and either sandman finsword/dream duke shura for a potent status +2, status crit, wide area +2, and expert+2, bombardier sleep bombing set since bombardier jewels are +2. That would be pretty nuts, since shura fan has 1 slot and sandman has 2.
    Bomb boost goes up to plus 10 in the second position. In theory, you could get it with sockets, too.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Dodging early is how you get carted @Entaru.

I wish I had the numbers for Trump Card and Super Nova III.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Dodging early is how you get carted @Entaru.

I wish I had the numbers for Trump Card and Super Nova III.

All in the spirit of ADVENTURE!

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular

The monster is limping out of the zone? Let me just set a trap here, on the opposite side of the zone.

What is this I don't even.
    edited August 2016
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Are there any G rank monsters that can be farmed for materials (for high grade weapons and armor) in MH4U Caravan quests?

I'm guessing no but would make grinding through HR to get to G rank proper abit quicker.

I see the Regios X set being suggested alot as an upgrade to the HR Tetsucabra set.

Yes and no. There are a set of monsters that have G-rank caravan quests but you need to beat them in G-rank first to unlock them so it really won't help you get to G-rank.

Seidkona on
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    I think if you had a solid +5-6 bomb boost charm with at least O you could pair it with dreadqueen and either sandman finsword/dream duke shura for a potent status +2, status crit, wide area +2, and expert+2, bombardier sleep bombing set since bombardier jewels are +2. That would be pretty nuts, since shura fan has 1 slot and sandman has 2.
    Bomb boost goes up to plus 10 in the second position. In theory, you could get it with sockets, too.

Oh is it? I guess if you could get a bomb boost +10 OOO you could just finish out crit eye +3 via gemming since dreadqueen by itself only goes up to +2

That seems cosmically improbable though, but both sleep snses have at least 1 slot so you might be able to make do even without a perfect bomb boost talisman.

• FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    I made a mixed armor set with THREE skills. Colors aren't perfect since Duramboros is lame and will not let the entire skirt be color cusomizable, but I will deal : (

edited August 2016
    Frosteey wrote: »
    I made a mixed armor set with THREE skills. Colors aren't perfect since Duramboros is lame and will not let the entire skirt be color cusomizable, but I will deal : (

*Wipes a tear away*

You did it

I'm so proud of you, Frosteey

Orphane on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Also I think the discord link got broken @Entaru.

Discord invites tend to last 24 hours by default iirc

You might want to issue a permanent one or something, i believe there's an option for that

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    If people are still running 4U I will totally still play that. It's still loaded on my 3ds and I'll open it occasionally to run something or another since I'm so close to finishing several things.

So yeah, 4U is good for me too.

steam_sig.png
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Entaru wrote: »
    Are there any G rank monsters that can be farmed for materials (for high grade weapons and armor) in MH4U Caravan quests?

I'm guessing no but would make grinding through HR to get to G rank proper abit quicker.

I see the Regios X set being suggested alot as an upgrade to the HR Tetsucabra set.

Yes and no. There are a set of monsters that have grank caravan quests but you need to beat them in G-rank first to unlock them so it really won't help you get to G rank.
    Damn.

Oh well. Just going to rough it in my Tetsucabra gear for now.
    If people are still running 4U I will totally still play that. It's still loaded on my 3ds and I'll open it occasionally to run something or another since I'm so close to finishing several things.

I currently just started HR5 in MH4U on my way to G.

My FC: 1246-9730-5556

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile

Yes and no. There are a set of monsters that have grank caravan quests but you need to beat them in G-rank first to unlock them so it really won't help you get to G rank.
    Damn.

I should be home in.. like 30 minutes or so and I'd be down to hunt any time tonight. I'll add you. Probably lurk around discord and I'm always on steam if I'm home.

steam_sig.png
    edited August 2016
    Discord invites tend to last 24 hours by default iirc

You might want to issue a permanent one or something, i believe there's an option for that

I did. That should be a permanent one. I will look into it once I get this job app done

Seidkona on
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular

Damn.

I should be home in.. like 30 minutes or so and I'd be down to hunt any time tonight. I'll add you. Probably lurk around discord and I'm always on steam if I'm home.
    Cool.

I added you on Steam, will start a chat over that to check if you're interested later if I see you on.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    I checked the discord link and it appears to still be working for me.

Tested out the Vespoid ex set against kirin (village), which is evade extend and pellet up, with a recoil+1 talisman/gem. Used the hero hbg which had the most pellet shots from my current selection, at 4/5/5. Seems to still be pretty straightforward- dodge kirin, spam pellets.
    Wouldn't partiularly play nice with anyone trying to melee it ue to the pellet spam, though.

• Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Goddamnit.

They have exactly the armor I want. It exists in this game: EX Rathian armor: Guard +, Guard Up, and Guts. Get that armor, gem it up a bit to Guard +2, and nothing can touch you. But it needs 5 EX Rathalos tickets, which doesn't come up until damn Guild 7.

I have to go all the way to the end of the game to get the god armor. Which makes sense, but then how will i enjoy it?

In positive news, it was easy to get randoms for Tetsucabra, and i got all of the Tetsu parts i needed for Tetsucabra S armor in an hour, so now i just need Rhenoplos, some Might Seeds, and more Hercudromes.

Mr Khan on
    you know that guts only works once now right

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    Goddamnit.

They have exactly the armor I want. It exists in this game: EX Rathian armor: Guard +, Guard Up, and Guts. Get that armor, gem it up a bit to Guard +2, and nothing can touch you. But it needs 5 EX Rathalos tickets, which doesn't come up until damn Guild 7.

I have to go all the way to the end of the game to get the god armor. Which makes sense, but then how will i enjoy it?

In positive news, it was easy to get randoms for Tetsucabra, and i got all of the Tetsu parts i needed for Tetsucabra S armor in an hour, so now i just need Rhenoplos, some Might Seeds, and more Hercudromes.

Guild 7 is like

the middle of the game

J3qcnBP.png
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Hmm, noticed the 3DS XL is starting to crack near one of the hinges.

That plus the broken analog nub I had to replace makes me kind of :x with this hardware.

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Soon the paint on the bottom edges starts to peel off too.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Is there actually any male-exclusive armor in this game, or are female characters just inherently better mechanically?

jothki wrote: »
    Is there actually any male-exclusive armor in this game, or are female characters just inherently better mechanically?

Male characters keep more of their self-respect when it comes to deviant armors?

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »

Male characters keep more of their self-respect when it comes to deviant armors?

I used Bone armor for a while. It cancels out.

edited August 2016
    Hmm, noticed the 3DS XL is starting to crack near one of the hinges.

That plus the broken analog nub I had to replace makes me kind of :x with this hardware.

My first 3ds xl had a bad B button. My current one the nub is starting to not respond to down unless I dig my thumbnail into it.

If DHL didn't suck I'd have my replacement mod for that by now.

Seidkona on
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Good hunts earlier, @Hahnsoo1 @Frosteey. Thanks for helping me get the Glavenus plate!

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    edited August 2016
    Hyper Silver Rathalos, you make a tasty set with nice skills. DLC Please come out soon.

Hd a great night of hunting. Checked off a few tick boxes in the crazy list that is Toka armor and also unlocked the R hyper level armors.

Thanks go out to @Darkewolfe @Vyolynce @Frosteey @fRAWRst and @Knight_

Seidkona on
    The circle pad on my new 3dsxl doesn't seem to properly register 'up' very well. It seems to work fine for a bit after recalibrating but then flakes out.

So weird, not sure if it's a hardware goof or if mhgen is messing up the calibration.

steam_sig.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    I almost forgot that I was still wearing LR armor. I very stupidly crafted a bunch of weapons I didn't need and went on a buying spree during half off at the store before hitting HR, and so I've sort of just been hunting while ignoring my gear waiting for the zeny to pile up. Turns out that HR monsters can knock you over with a sneeze in LR armor.

So many thanks to @Entaru and @Vyolynce and Entaru's friend for some hunts last night. I finally crafted a random set of HR armor to at least keep me from dying instantly. I still need zeny something fierce, but I have a plan.

Dear Bherna Guildmaiden,

I am Kokoto Hunting Royalty, and I wish to be share a business opportunity with you. My father was a very wealthy scute merchant before he was poisoned to death by his very wicked palico Housekeeper, who is even now scheming over my vast riches of scutes. Gore Magala wills it, you will help me. I have a plan to smuggle the scutes away from this wicked palico using wyvern eggs I will trade for. I am honourably seeking your assistance, for which I will gladly enrich you with my vast scutes.

1. Please to be sending 100,000 zeny, with which I will procure the wyvern eggs for scute smuggling, via palico post to my domicile.
    2. Please provide a supply box to which I can send your scute fortune upon completion.

Anticipating and to hear from you soon,
    Gore Magala Bless,
    Best Regards,
    Prince Umarth, Kokoto Hunting Royalty

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Unfortunately for you the guild ladies all gossip a lot. And the Moga Sweetheart was around to hear about this.

You get a box of dung.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Unfortunately for you the guild ladies all gossip a lot. And the Moga Sweetheart was around to hear about this.

You get a box of dung.

Sweet, free dung

• Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    you know that guts only works once now right

It's a non-essential part of the package. Guard +2 and Guard Up is the golden combo.

Seems like Guard +2 only needs +15 too, so it needs no gemming, which is good because the entire armor set has only 1 slot.

I'm not a completionist like many hunters, for me the top tier of available quests is more or less the end of the game. Fortunately given the drop rates for the EX Rath tickets, it sounds like there's a decent chance of getting 5 of them from one quest. But that's a problem that's still weeks away for me.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    The later game Bone Armor is just so good for Horn users.

Maestro. KO. Blunt. And I have a +10 Mounting charm, so I got that, too.

Long live aerial horn.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    Finally completed my Narkasos armor set, it was a bitch to collect with the skulls and all. The Fortify skill is weird, only getting a bonus after you died which rarely happens.

D083uBC.jpg
    Ravelle wrote: »
    Finally completed my Narkasos armor set, it was a bitch to collect with the skulls and all. The Fortify skill is weird, only getting a bonus after you died which rarely happens.
    It only rarely happens if you aren't experiencing enough ADVENTURE!*

* ADVENTURE not recommended by doctors.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    The only thing that usually gets me are monsters that have a annoying stumble over you like Rathian/Rathalos and Kut-Ku. Especially The dragons, *normal hit -> stumble-> Dizzy -> often followed by a fireball to the face along with being poisoned.

D083uBC.jpg
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Made it to HR3, skipped all the gathering quests for now, in my experience the guild hall gathering quests are even more tedious solo, pretty sure in 4U I actually timed out on one of the coal gathering missions cos the mining points didn't respawn fast enough.