As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007: 11/14

AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Games and Technology
Can you smell, wait...
What'chya gonna do when...hmmmm...
Austin 3:16 says...er, no...
Beat me if you can, survi...huh, eh...
...thank god for Legends and create a wrestler mode because...
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007
...has the same (mostly) terrible roster that the real WWE has!

Regardless the gameplay is hot homo erotic stuff and the create-a-wrestler has been expanded. So lets get to it, Hulkamaniacs.

Demo available on Xbox Live.

Ultimate Control!
This is the Warrior here to take you to the intergalactic lands of life and death known as the source of the Uuuul-ti-MATE poooooowerererer! USE THE RIGHT ANALOG STICK TO BEAT YOUR ENEMY TO DEATH WITH THE STRENGTH OF A THOUSAND GODS OF ETERNITY! *huff, huff* You, Warriors can limp-wristededly flick that stick for a light/quick grapple or you can use the POOOWWWarrrrrr of the WOWRRIOR to push the modifier button and flick the stick for a STRONG GRAPPLE! GRAPPLE! Each direction gives different opening grapple positiosn, each of those providing a VARIETY OF VARIOUS WRESTLING MOVES!! The gods of the warrior of the ultimate planet X16morgan would be pleased! If you play as me, or John Cena, you can only do five moves...OF DOOOOOOOOM!
There is more, though! For if you Warriors feel the spirit of the power flowing through you PUSH DOWN ON THAT STICK AND UNLEASH THE ULTIMATE CONTROL MOVES! Lets do it!!

kanervdyq4.jpg

See that! See it! SEE IT WITH YOUR MUSCLES OF YOUR EYES AND THE GIFT OF SIGHT GIVEN TO ALL FROM THE GODS OF KOBOLD! You have control there, with your stick, to inflict further damage as you see fit!

Interactive Environments 3:16
I can't say I give two deer craps what you think you know about beatin' ass, son, so you sit down and listen as "Stone Cold" tells you how to lay an ass whoopin' down so thick your opponent will be crapping your boot laces out for a month! That girly haired, neon wearing, steroid abusing, lead paint using jackass done broke you in on how the right stick works but he didn't mention nothin' about strangling a man with monitor cords or taking a crutch from the audience and wrapping it about some sorry ass opponents head. Get your enemy in a strong grapple then drag their sorry asses over to a hotspot, like the announcers' tables or ringpost or barricade or, well hell son you get the idea! You get them close enough to that hotspot and you can start "interacting with the environment." That means you can use foreign objects to stomp a mud hole in someones ass! You can ram their head on the steel steps, jump off the top rope to put 'em through an announcer's table, bang their leg agaisnt the ringpost...get creative, son! Best part is you can control that destruction with the right analog stick. Why is that the best part? Because Stone Cold said so!

twomonkyfaceshh7.jpg

What'chya gonna do when...?
Over forty story lines run wild on you? That is right, brotha! Wrestling isn't just about wrestling it is also about telling some good stories and selling as much merchandise as possible! Everyone remembers HBK crying, the Hulkster beating Andre, Mae Young giving birth to a hand, Lawler punching Koufman, and many others! So you better take your vitamins and say your prayers cause you'll be playin' this game all night long, brotha!

Create-a-Gimmick
If one of you hommies comes up with a good one could you let me have it? WORD LIFE! Listen up, chaingang, this here dizzle of a game has a dope ass create-a-wrestler mode. It is so deep and easy to use it could be mistaken for Lita's nether regions. Get it? She's a HO! WORD LIFE! The CAW has 200 new thingies in it. That is 17 more thingies than Lita had in her last month! Wicked burn. With so many options you don't even have to play as the Champ, talk about a good selling feature.

General Manager Mode
Hey dudes and dudeets, what is the happinings? Dude Love here to tell you about the new and improved General Manager Mode, yeah baby! *squeeeeekoink* I don't THINK SO, Duuuude. I've spent long enough in the boiler room to know you couldn't explain a video game mode well let alone how you got those hot girls to dance around you. *squeeee* You see, I've been beaten and burned and torn and cut and for what, for what!?! *bang, bang* So I could become a lenged, do a couple months worth of work every few years, and otherwise remain in retirement. General Manager mode is a lot like that now, you can run the WWE and choose to fight in actual matches. Pick Smackdown or Raw, assemble your roster, balance your budget, cultivate feuds, and try to get better ratings than the other brand. Simulations are great but my explanation isn't! Have a nice day!
932463_20061002_screen003.jpg

Three Systems, Three Systems, Three Systems!
Five Time, Five Time WcW Champion! You jabbronies can play this on PSP, PS2, and Xbox 360. The King gives you peasants your choice! Ugly, long load times, and portable or pretty, long load times, and last gen, or hot and sweaty, long load times, and next-gen. The 360 version has a special collector's edition only at GameStop. It includes Trivia, a metal case, and a DVD with title matches I'm not in because the WWE doesn't know what talent is. Now can you dig that, suuuuuucker!?!

The Roster

* Batista
* The Big Show
* Bobby Lashley
* The Boogeyman
* Booker T
* Carlito
* Chavo Guerrero
* Chris Benoit
* Chris Masters
* Daivari
* Edge
* Finlay
* The Great Khali
* Gregory Helms
* Hardcore Holly
* JBL
* Joey Mercury
* John Cena
* Johnny Nitro
* Kane
* Ken Kennedy
* Kid Kash
* Kurt Angle
* Lance Cade
* Mark Henry
* Matt Hardy
* Mick Foley
* Paul Burchill
* Psicosis
* Randy Orton
* Rey Mysterio
* Ric Flair
* Rob Van Dam
* Shawn Michaels
* Shelton Benjamin
* Snitsky
* Super Crazy
* Trevor Murdoch
* Triple H
* Umaga
* The Undertaker
* Viscera
* Vito
* William Regal

Divas

* Candice Michelle
* Jillian Hall
* Lita
* Melina
* Mickie James
* Torrie Wilson
* Trish Stratus

Legends

* Bam Bam Bigelow
* Bret Hart
* Cactus Jack
* Dude Love
* Dusty Rhodes
* Eddie Guerrero
* Hulk Hogan
* Jim Neidhart
* Mankind
* Mr. Perfect
* The Rock
* Roddy Piper
* Steve Austin

Unlockables

[spoiler:821666fb72]* Jerry Lawler
* Shane McMahon
* Tazz[/spoiler:821666fb72]

Non-playables

* Jim Ross
* Jonathan Coachman
* Lilian Garcia
* Michael Cole
* Mike Chioda
* Nick Patrick
* Stephanie McMahon
* Theodore Long
* Tony Chimel
* Vince McMahon

Stables

* D-Generation X
* Mexicools
* MNM
* Cade & Murdoch
* The Hart Foundation
* Khali & Daivari
* Edge & Lita

OooooooooooNLINE YeeeeeEEEeeaaaaah!
That is right, online is iiiiiin, baby. I don't know anything about it! Four players on Live and six on PS2! It doesn't make any sense, just like the Macho Man! Word on the street is Accualt will be runnin' some Penny Arcadian Wrestling federation for the 360 version.
B0000CF348.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
Be a man, BUY MY RAP ALBUM!

IGN gives it an 8.0 The game, not Macho's album.

Gamespot gives it an 8.1

So I've found some things out about online, since I have the instruction manual now. This is for 360 but I'm sure it is mostly the same for PS2.
Up to four players, any Exhibition match type with whatever rule set you want. Rankings and trade able CAWs are in. Title matches are available using your created Championship title.

Created title? Voice support? Oh yes, I'll end up running a fed if we have enough interest on the 360 side. MY IDEAS: I'll expect people to RP their created characters with posts to the eventual PAW thread. You can cultivate your own feuds but I'll probably try writing some story lines as well. I'll come up with a card either every week or every other. After the card is announced we'll have at least a week to post "interviews" in the thread before the matches. Sadly we can't setup PPVs where those not in the match get to be spectators, I know I was dreaming, so instead winners of a PAW match will need to PM me a quick summery of the match including any highlights and I'll post the finale card results along with the card for the next "show." It'll be great.

So, yeah, I guess if anyone is interested in the above idea and plans on getting Smackdown for the 360 post in this thread to let me know. I'll keep a running list.

Potential 360 Penny Arcadian Wrestlers:
Accualt
STEVOtheGREAT
Jonnybot
Devlin_Dragonus (Hogan loves Bret)
Allforce (for a month)
Aoi (maybe)
Syndalis (even though he didn't say he would)
NeuralFizz
Balefuego

Accualt on

• Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    The demo was pure ass.

Thats all I got.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    The demo actually re-affirmed my desire to buy the game. I really like the new life the control stick has breathed into the gameplay.

Accualt on
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    There is a storyline where Kurt Angle is changed into a lady by magic. Sexy magic.

It was on Youtube, but WWE had it removed because everyone was taking the piss.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Being able to chokeslam people off the ring yourself is awesome.

Ranced on
  • Options
    minor threatminor threat Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    i like how they gave kane a six-pack. that's class right there.

*sigh* yet another game that makes me want a 360.

minor threat on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I haven't kept up with a wrestling league in years, but I do love me some wrestling games, and specifically, games with create-a-wrestler. My best so far is a skinny old zen master looking guy, to honor my nick.

And the thought of playing in a PA league gives me the jibblies, in a good kinda way. Hopefully I can afford a 360 after I graduate and get a real job.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    This is going to be the first year where I don't buy a smackdown game the day it comes out, due to having just gotten GoW last week, and getting the Wii this week.

Also, I'm really hating how lazy THQ/Yuke's are about this franchise. They do alot of things half assed. Like how the first time they went online it was so limiting. Then the second year they had a horrible lag problem, no mic support, and didn't bother to install any cheat preventions which pretty much broke the online game. And now they said this game wouldn't support downloadable content for the 360, or the ability to rip songs off the HDD for entrance music.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    Eliot DuboisEliot Dubois Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Seeing Smackdown anytime in the bast six or so years just reminds me how badly I want another Aki wrestling game. I know they hate working with the WWE, and that they basically got absorbed, but still. Think of No Mercy running at a decent framerate. Def Jam would have been perfect if, you know, it had actual wrestling modes and CaW in it.

Eliot Dubois on
    laliban.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Seeing Smackdown anytime in the bast six or so years just reminds me how badly I want another Aki wrestling game. I know they hate working with the WWE, and that they basically got absorbed, but still. Think of No Mercy running at a decent framerate. Def Jam would have been perfect if, you know, it had actual wrestling modes and CaW in it.

Honestly this Smackdown, based on the 360 version, feels a lot like No Mercy. You nail the other guy with a major move and he actually stays on the ground. The combat is slower and the moves more varied now. The only thing No Mercy has over this new Smackdown is the inability to fall off the announcers table just from walking (grrrrr) and nostalgia.

Accualt on
  • Options
    STEVOtheGREATSTEVOtheGREAT Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    If they made Wrestlemania 2000 or WWF No Mercy for N64 for 360, I would buy it in a heartbeat. But they won't, so I'm stuck with 'WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007.' Seeing as how almost all of the Xbox wrestling games have sucked ass, I'm hoping this is much different. I played the demo and it seemed like more of the same but I have to tell you, gameplay comes second to me with the Smackdown. I much prefer the storylines and create-a-wrestler modes and can spend hours making my own fighter.

As far as the PAW is concerned, it sounds like a great idea. And I'll more than likely be creating my wrestlers' music on garageband and then playing them from my iPod while playing Smackdown. It's tedious to get the right effect but it's worth it. And it's better than having to listen to either someone else's theme or a lame generic rock riff that goes on too long, like past titles.

The gameplay seems alright, I'll still have to see where they're going with this "control the move" thing. If you can use it to control the roll of a Death Valley Driver or the spin of a flying headscissors, it will be the greatest thing to happen to wrestling games. Otherwise, I just want the old N64 THQ control scheme back. :cry: It was perfect.

STEVOtheGREAT on
    paavatar.jpg
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited November 2006
    oh ass i totally forgot this was coming out

fuck

i want to wrestle with youse guys

Knob on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I just got it.

Initially, I'm very impressed. Played my first match as Kid Kash (loved the guy in ECW) against Super Crazy. Disabled entrances from the get-go, no way I'm waiting for that crap to load. The match was fun but I kept feeling that they hadn't play-tested it enough to make it an authentic wrestling experience. Three of my finishing moves later, Super Crazy is still whooping my ass and eventually pins me after a few weak moves (all reversals, no finishing move executed throughout entire match and he had me for the 3 *sigh*).

So I thought, wow, horrible gameplay here. That sucks...

Until I went into options and found that everything can be changed by adjusting gauges. Much better now. About to start on create-a-wrestler. Anyone who wants to play, let me know.

STEVOtheGREAT on
    paavatar.jpg
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    awesome

[spoiler:f6e90d4634]Shane o Mac is in the game. He better have his jersey. For a non wrestler, he sure did take alot of risks. Can you jump off rafters in this game? [/spoiler:f6e90d4634]

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    No Jeff Hardy?

:|

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    The one thing I always wanted in these games is an open ended thing where I can roam about before a match starts and go fuck up other peoples matches or beat someone up backstage and start a feud. They won't do it because they're dead set on getting all the wrestler voice overs but man that'd rock. Leave your room, wail on the Undertaker, sets up a feud for your next PPV.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    In that picture, what the fuck is wrong with Edge's face?

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    While it sucks that Jeff isn't in the game I'm thrilled that Kurt still is. The great thing about this being online is you'll be able to trade created wrestlers with other people. Considering how hard-core some people are with the CAW there will be EXACT replicas of every wrestler ever up in no time.

I was able to play for about an hour. I'm loving almost everything but, as usual, two steps forward and one step back. No mini-games before the match like '06. Some of the layer options, like elbow pads over clothes, don't work this year. Maybe I was doing something wrong but when trying to put letters on the back or front of my CAW they were backwards. :? Walking off tables bothers the hell out of me to this day. I had one glitch where I did a move and ended up in the audience.
    On the plus side the actual game play feels a lot like No Mercy now. :^: Ladder matches are much, much better than in the past. My only fear with them is you might be able to "snipe" a win, depends on if the "grip gauge" refills or not. Didn't have time to test that. There are more moves using the ladder as a weapon and, maybe, less as well once you are on the top. It seems you can only shove people off the top when you are both up there unless you have a finisher stored up. The hit detection seems improved, for the most part.
    All around I'm impressed but I haven't played for very long. Oh shits, guys, the best part is YOU CAN ACTUALLY HIT THE FIVE-STAR FROGSPLASH! That is right, people lay on the ground long enough to hit top rope moves, woooo!
    SirToons wrote:
    In that picture, what the fuck is wrong with Edge's face?

He's Edge.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Damn I really want to get this game for the 360, but I just can't afford it. I'll probably pick it up in a month or so,probably used.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    No Jeff Hardy?

:|

He was still in TNA when this roster was licensed into the game. The CAW can make a PERFECT copy of him, however.

And yes, you can jump off of rafters. Through tables, too. I also believe you can double-stack tables, which gets a big 'win' from me.

I'll definitely need to pick this up sooner rather than later.

Kami on
  • Options
    AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I have a few nitpicky questions :)

How varied are the items, shirts and logos for create a wrestler? Able to create your own entrances? How are the move sets handled for each wrestler created?

Aoi on
  • Options
    NeuralFizzNeuralFizz Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Hot damn Accault, that's a great OP. I'm gettin this from Gamefly as soon as they receive Marvel from me. WOOOOO GET READY FOR WRASSLIN MEN!

NeuralFizz on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Thanks Neural. :)

So I've found some things out about online, since I have the instruction manual now. This is for 360 but I'm sure it is mostly the same for PS2.
    Up to four players, any Exhibition match type with whatever rule set you want. Rankings and trade able CAWs are in. Title matches are available using your created Championship title.

Created title? Voice support? Oh yes, I'll end up running a fed if we have enough interest on the 360 side. MY IDEAS: I'll expect people to RP their created characters with posts to the eventual PAW thread. You can cultivate your own feuds but I'll probably try writing some story lines as well. I'll come up with a card either every week or every other. After the card is announced we'll have at least a week to post "interviews" in the thread before the matches. Sadly we can't setup PPVs where those not in the match get to be spectators, I know I was dreaming, so instead winners of a PAW match will need to PM me a quick summery of the match including any highlights and I'll post the finale card results along with the card for the next "show." It'll be great.

So, yeah, I guess if anyone is interested in the above idea and plans on getting Smackdown for the 360 post in this thread to let me know. I'll keep a running list.

Accualt on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    *reads a bit of the OP*

So.. wait. One of the new features is the grapple system that the N64 games used, via A + direction, with tapping or holding A to determine strength?

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    The PSP version of WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 was actually very good, but the loading times were fucking atrocious.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    so i've not watched wrestling in aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages, anyone tell me what happened to Jericho?

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Accualt wrote:

When I get the game, I am so in the PAW, though my schedule can get rather hectic. I used to love doing this shit with my friends.

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    darleysam wrote:
    so i've not watched wrestling in aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages, anyone tell me what happened to Jericho?

He said he accomplished everything one person can in wrestling so he quite to focus on other things, primarily his music. The only time you hear about the guy is when he pops up on some random VH1 show about jerking off to 80s hair bands, or whatever..

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    How's the online? The past two had pretty craptacular online services. This one any better?

Kyougu on
  • Options
    Jesus McChristJesus McChrist Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Cactus Jack and Eddie Guerrero are in it?

I'm sold.

Jesus McChrist on
    if you can read this i hope you have a good day partner
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Accualt wrote:

I have the game and I love the idea. Love RP feds, ran one at the CinemaConfidential forum a while back. It was wonderful fun. Let me know how I can help.

Keep in touch I'd love to help out as much as possible.

STEVOtheGREAT on
    paavatar.jpg
  • Options
    DuskTwilightDuskTwilight Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    So how is the CAW compared to last year, especially on 360? I know mostly in the previous games the clothing was pretty much painted on. Is it still like this? Are there a lot of carried over items from last year?

Basically, for CAW, is there any reason to get this for 360 over the PS2?

DuskTwilight on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I don't know how much better it looks over the PS2 version but I have virtually no complaints and that isn't how I normally feel with CAW modes. The layer system can be tricky but besides for a few snags there everything's good.

STEVOtheGREAT on
    paavatar.jpg
  • Options
    NeuralFizzNeuralFizz Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Accualt wrote:

Fuck YES I'd be down for that.

NeuralFizz on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I don't understand why they gave such a level of customization to the locker rooms, but I can't say I mind.

I have bright white walls and a yellow-green floor and a purple Morpheus chair. Interesting.

STEVOtheGREAT on
    paavatar.jpg
  • Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I think I'll pick this up Wednesday... I loved playing the demo on my 360, and it looks really damn good.

Feriluce on
    XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Accualt wrote:
    He said he accomplished everything one person can in wrestling...
    Did he nail Molly?

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    As for the CAW over the PS2 version the items seem to be the same from last year but with greater detail. It doesn't all look painted on anymore but I haven't gone into great detail with the CAW yet. I know playing as RVD his tights aren't just a texture, you can see they have their own thickness. Looks great. :^:

Accualt wrote:
    He said he accomplished everything one person can in wrestling...
    Did he nail Molly?

If not with his cock he certainly did with a chair.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Played online against some people today in a tornado tag I found by quickmatch with preferences: Create-A-Superstar On, Entrances Off. Experienced a little bit of lag but once I learned exactly how much there was, it became easy to play into the lag. Planning the moves with your fingers and watching them with very short delay feels like you're the wrestler telegraphing the next big manuever with the other worker. It's really cool, actually.

edit: And on leaving the server, I decided to message 'gg' to everyone involved. Lashley was my partner, and we defeated Triple H and John Cena. I was Benoit and you know I Crippler Crossfaced ftw. Then I saw that everyone I played with was in UK. I guess that explains the lag. :|

STEVOtheGREAT on
    paavatar.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I fear playing CAW with others after 06 on PS2. I was thrilled to see you can not only choose to turn CAW off but also set a superstar rating limit. :^:

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Just finished a tornado tag Hell in a Cell. This game is amazing. If you are, or ever were, a wrestling fan and have 360, get on this. The online is perfect.

STEVOtheGREAT on
    paavatar.jpg