As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] of the Worst

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    o
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    grandpa sure did like booties

This is important, narwhal descendants:

Grandpa did

Wait, narwhal descendants, this is important:

Grandpa basically devoted his entire life to booty.

I need you to know that.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    When I drove home on Friday morning I started to hear a rumbling noise from the back wheels.

It only manifested if I was going faster than 30 mph, and disappeared if I was turning to the right.

I figured it was an issue with my shocks, so I planned to take it in on Monday to get it looked at.

Before I left today I checked the torque on my lug nuts and it turns out the drivers side rear was way loose.

Tightened the nuts up to the correct torque and the "noise" went away.

Huzzah!

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    The thing about trying to be as liberal as possible is that it makes you way more likely to be the cool grandpa.

How cool could I be when my grandkids are going through my tweets about handing over government administration to AI and making work obsolete with robot labor, like duh grandpa, how else would it be. I'd have the same problem as Tolkien, people thinking my shit wasn't novel at all!

Look all you judgemental descendents reading this right now, now was a different time! We are(were) ahead of the time!

Imagine how crappy our descendants handles will be after generations of just having to append more numbers and alternating case X -- that will be the final resource war.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Qj2phSc.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I'm finding myself minorly annoyed by the naming system for the oneworld airlines status hierarchy

Like, Qantas goes Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum! That is a solid order, you can think of the Olympics and go "hm yes I am a lowly Bronze, best avert my gaze from my Gold overlords"

meanwhile oneworld goes Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald

the hell is this shit, oneworld

what kind of precious stone hierarchy is this

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Qj2phSc.jpg

that building is corroding

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Qj2phSc.jpg
    Real life Jenga: the most dangerous game

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I'm finding myself minorly annoyed by the naming system for the oneworld airlines status hierarchy

Like, Qantas goes Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum! That is a solid order, you can think of the Olympics and go "hm yes I am a lowly Bronze, best avert my gaze from my Gold overlords"

Red is bad
    Blue is not bad but not great either
    Green is good

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    The thing about trying to be as liberal as possible is that it makes you way more likely to be the cool grandpa.

How cool could I be when my grandkids are going through my tweets about handing over government administration to AI and making work obsolete with robot labor, like duh grandpa, how else would it be. I'd have the same problem as Tolkien, people thinking my shit wasn't novel at all!

Look all you judgemental descendents reading this right now, now was a different time! We are(were) ahead of the time!

Imagine how crappy our descendants handles will be after generations of just having to append more numbers and alternating case X -- that will be the final resource war.

What if we start having hereditary handles?

Descendent who is reading this, I grant you the handle of Winky. Use it wisely.

(You might have to use AJWinky instead because Winky gets taken a lot)

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Goddamn

The Lord Inquisitor - Prologue (WH40K fan film made in CryEngine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

Red is bad
    Green is good

as a member of Team Mystic,

• Options
    Abdhy your building has a glitch

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    no copyright intended

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Man, I really wonder what humanity is going to be like after multiple generations of living with the internet.

Like, what's the world where you can read your great grandmother's facebook posts like?

omg and shitty political arguments

'great gran called someone a cunt for vaccinating their baby???'

I hope that all the archived chat threads last forever and my descendents will be able to read all my posts.

Like this one right now.

I see you reading this, descendent. Don't think I don't.

"Great Great Grandpa keeps posting about some game he made, let's track that down!"

"Oh, how quaint and vanilla by our future standards!"

• Options
    mostly I just wanted to know if I'll be able to use the lounge while I wait for my connecting flight in LA

the answer: heck yes

gonna grab all the food so I don't have to buy anything on the plane

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

Your great great grandson, 123456789xXyYzZSeph1r0thZzYyXx987654321

• Options

Your great great grandson, 123456789xXyYzZSeph1r0thZzYyXx987654321

I hope Final Fantasy VII gets remade for every generation, so there will always be Sephiroths

• Options
    There's always a city, there's always a planet, there's always a Sephiroth.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    There is a chance that my delay in buying tickets for a friend's wedding will result in Querry's parents using miles to get me some

I am continually amazed that they spend any quantity of resources on me

Like yes hello I've been dating your daughter for six months pls spend a thousand dollar-equivalents (admittedly, in miles) to send us to California for three days

And the things I have done to your daughter

Oh ho ho

I feel like they do not think about this more than "she basically lives with her on weekends, they're probably banging"

I'm ok with them not knowing details

• Options

As long as there are emo kids and overrated girl characters who get surprise refrigerated there will be Sephiroths.

So, hopefully, there will actually be no Sephiroths pretty soon.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Don't be silly guys, with the pressures of global warming we will only be able to save the best posts, hand copied by monks. And no offense, but we're not going to make the cut.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Goddamn

The Lord Inquisitor - Prologue (WH40K fan film made in CryEngine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4

: o

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    Don't be silly guys, with the pressures of global warming we will only be able to save the best posts, hand copied by monks. And no offense, but we're not going to make the cut.

Speak for yourself

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular

As long as there are emo kids and overrated girl characters who get surprise refrigerated there will be Sephiroths.

what about the big black dude with a machine gun for a hand

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    The remade FFVII is going to be too damn big.

• Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

Hopefully in the future Japanese game developers will realize that they should actually get to know a few black people in real life before writing them so they don't make horrible racist caricatures because the only black person they know is from reruns of the A-Team.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited August 2016

don't listen to the flesh eaters, future folk

it's ok to judge them super hard

wandering on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    A Barret voiced my MR. T would be hilarious.

• Options
    I didn't completely hate FFVII though. I liked Cid and Red XIII.

The rest of that clown car you can set on fire though.

• Options

But Tifa

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

I wish I liked it more

So many people seem to love it in a way I can't really grasp

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

Hopefully in the future Japanese game developers will realize that they should actually get to know a few black people in real life before writing them so they don't make horrible racist caricatures because the only black person they know is from reruns of the A-Team.

I feel like Barrett was one of the hardest parts about remaking FF7; how do you stay remotely true to that game in higher fidelity without having him come across super badly?

I think his performance in Advent Children was a lot more muted; maybe they do that? But then its not the same gaaaaame and people get dumb.

Easier to not even do the remake, honestly.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options

But Tifa

I believe it's pronounced "Boobs McPleaseBuySomeSelfRespectyPantsShortShorts".

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

idk its Gen III Pokemon games in ranked order of how good they are so it makes sense to me

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

Red is bad
    Green is good

Green is not a creative color

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

I wish I liked it more

So many people seem to love it in a way I can't really grasp

I think you had to be there. There is serious nostalgia at work.

I played the shit out of it but a lot of the characters annoyed me and the plot was some lame-ass bullshit especially there at the end.

And then I played FF8 and that one I actually loved, and loved the characters, and it had a real ending.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular

pfft all the black people i hang out with have guns for hands and totally stacked

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options

Why can't they make a character that is basically mr t with a machine gun?

Also the black guy in the Turks seemed pretty unobjectionable.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

We will be the primes

• Options
    wandering wrote: »

don't listen to the flesh eaters, future folk

it's ok to judge them super hard

I will admit that we're probably going to all look pretty terrible for being meat eaters in the future

But we didn't have perfect meat substitutes and lived in a society that made eating meat inconvenient to avoid!

And it tasted so good

This discussion has been closed.