As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Freeplay game selection is weak

wykydtronikwykydtronik Registered User regular
edited September 2016 in PAX West
I concerned about the new PC Freeplay computers, this year there was slim pickings from the game selection. No Minecraft, no Overwatch? Not even League? I've been attending since 2009, this year's selection is weak!

I'm very disappointed, I guess I should have gotten a BYOC ticket. But damn, my gf and I loved staying at the convention center until midnight. We're better off going home at 6pm and playing at home.

Can this be fixed this weekend?

wykydtronik on

• Options
    dimsumdimsum Registered User new member
    I agree with this! I was super disappointed that there was no Overwatch. My friend and I spent a max of 20 mins at the freeplay station, the selection was extremely limited.

• Options
    evermore904evermore904 Registered User regular
    Some of the computers have League, but some don't. My boyfriend and I went there exclusively to play League, and one out of the three stations we went through didn't have it. We ended up trying Rocket League instead, but I agree, it's very weak this year.

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    I cannot fathom not having Overwatch in the free play. That is one of the two games we made sure our entire BYOC crew had installed and updated before coming.

• Options
    PavioPavio Registered User regular
    It's been getting worse year over year. I remember all the way back to 2007 when some games in the Expo hall were available in freeplay. Playing them there is actually how I found one of my favorite games, World in Conflict. But they stopped putting expo hall stuff in there and it's just been kind of sad.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Thanks for the feedback on the games that are or are not present. Please post continued feedback here: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/206922/constructive-feedback-west-2016#latest

Geth, close this thread.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative zerzhul. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.