As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

West 2016 [Hotel] Partners are now live!

1234568»

• KeibiKeibi Registered User regular
    A ton of rooms were just released for almost all the PAX hotels. Someone told me this was because the hotels are giving more of their unsold rooms to PAX now that the convention is only three weeks out. Can anyone confirm? Either way, super exciting!

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Keibi wrote: »
    A ton of rooms were just released for almost all the PAX hotels. Someone told me this was because the hotels are giving more of their unsold rooms to PAX now that the convention is only three weeks out. Can anyone confirm? Either way, super exciting!

At some point, the rooms being held for exhibitors and guests are released to general consumption. This is probably that.

• IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    There's definitely more rooms available. Might help folks fill out missing nights on their reservations. A couple of them even have full weekend availability.

IncreaseBlue on
  • solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular
    Sweeeet! Finally got my Thursday night quad at the Grand Hyatt. No need to hop hotels now.

xg81x9uysw01.png
  • SleepyDustSleepyDust Registered User regular
    I noticed that The Sheraton price went from $199 a night to $209 per night. Anyone have an idea as to what that story is?

SleepyDust wrote: »
    I noticed that The Sheraton price went from $199 a night to $209 per night. Anyone have an idea as to what that story is?

OnPeak appears to default on the price of the accommodation that has the most nights available. For Sheraton it just means there's more $209 Deluxe rooms available in over West weekend than there are $199 Traditional ones currently.

• dragon keeper xdragon keeper x Registered User regular
    Deimir wrote: »

I didn't want to voice this suspicion earlier in case it made it come true, but I don't think Crowned Plaza even had any two-bed rooms for Monday night to begin with (please someone come in here and prove me wrong)

It was a small detail but if you look at the calendar view for single and double bed rooms, the single beds say they are "sold out" for Monday night whereas two-beds say "unavailable" instead.

I'm just being paranoid, right?

I've seen it do the same thing for single bed rooms in my layout, but you might be right as I've never seen any doubles pop up for Monday this past month.

I might give OnPeak a call and see if they can help me out on consolidating the reservation.

UPDATE: I called OnPeak and they told me that two-bed Crowne Plaza rooms are unavailable entirely for Monday night. I find it entirely silly since there's one-bed options available for the same window but who knows.

On peak has been completly unreliable when it comes to the customer service this year. That is the response they give for everything because they just don't know what's really going on. I had to battle with then for days over the sheraton not showing up on the list and they kept saying it was because it was fully booked up.

Max sig size: 500x80px <3 Moe
    sig_dragonx.jpg
  • SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Yay, changed to the Grand Hyatt, which is almost as close to the convention center as the Sheraton.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • pogoplaypogoplay Writer/Blogger/Gamer Calgary, AlbertaRegistered User regular
    FYI, lots of Sheraton Double Bed Deluxe rooms just opened up. I just canceled my reservation at The Westin and now have this one.

Attended: PAX Prime 2010, PAX Prime 2011, PAX Prime 2012, PAX Prime 2014.
    Attending: PAX Prime 2016
    Twitter @Pogoplay
    On peak has been completly unreliable when it comes to the customer service this year. That is the response they give for everything because they just don't know what's really going on.

Agreed. I think they might just be severely understaffed since they took on SDCC booking as well this year and it was full of bumps.

Anyways, was able to confirm my reservation made it to the Crowne Plaza after finding out it was uneditable on OnPeak. Seems like some hotels are starting to get the info so if y'all have last minute changes or reservations to make on OnPeak, don't delay!

• windfallwindfall Registered User regular
    Rest of my group managed to pick up 1 deluxe double bed and 1 traditional double bed. So they dropped their original Westin reservations.

• Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    On peak has been completly unreliable when it comes to the customer service this year. That is the response they give for everything because they just don't know what's really going on.

Agreed. I think they might just be severely understaffed since they took on SDCC booking as well this year and it was full of bumps.

Anyways, was able to confirm my reservation made it to the Crowne Plaza after finding out it was uneditable on OnPeak. Seems like some hotels are starting to get the info so if y'all have last minute changes or reservations to make on OnPeak, don't delay!

Yea they are def getting them, just called Crowne Plaza and got emailed my confirmation.

Sgt.Mays on
    Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
    Sheraton single-bed open Tue(before PAX)-Wed(after PAX) right now.

• quikblendquikblend CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    i was trying to drop one of my reservations since i was able to get the sheraton. it says it is cut-off and i can not edit it. does anyone want to give me some insight on how to fix this please? thanks everyone!

quikblend wrote: »
    i was trying to drop one of my reservations since i was able to get the sheraton. it says it is cut-off and i can not edit it. does anyone want to give me some insight on how to fix this please? thanks everyone!

If they transferred the reservation to the hotel, you'll have to contact the hotel to cancel.

• DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    Anyone who needs rooms, don't forget to keep checking the site. I just got The Paramount from Thursday through Sunday.

• PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular
    Can't believe I was able to snag the Sheraton after swapping hotels all over. I'm excited to see what all the hype is about!

I just canceled a room at The Moore hotel. It's not close or modern. But it's pretty cheap, one of their private rooms (doesn't share a bathroom), and comes with a fabulous clawfoot tub.

• solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular
    My first year at the Grand Hyatt went fairly well. Had some issues with the room. The bathroom light switch was busted. The Los Angeles Angels were staying there and we caught of few of them in the elevator. The cost came out to be quite a bit cheaper than what my hotel confirmation email indicated. So that was rad. I kind of liked the atmosphere of the Sheraton a bit more though. Might go back there next year, we'll see. Just my 2 cents.

xg81x9uysw01.png
  • Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Anybody else have the Crowne plaza add a extra charge to your credit card after check out?, like 275 dollars or so?.

I see no reason why they would do that, trying to get a hold of their billing dept.

Edit: Turns out it was a authorization made by "mistake" and should go away, might want to check your CCs if you stayed there to make sure if did not happen to you also.

Sgt.Mays on
    Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    I stayed at the Grand Hyatt, I really like this hotel. The staff was super awesome, and went above and beyond. I checked in on Tuesday, and was able to get a "pure" room, my SO has really bad allergies and he said it helped. And the bathroom, where do I start! It was amazing...deep soaking tub, totally worth it.

• CKingCKing Registered User regular
    I stayed at the Grand Hyatt, I really like this hotel. The staff was super awesome, and went above and beyond. I checked in on Tuesday, and was able to get a "pure" room, my SO has really bad allergies and he said it helped. And the bathroom, where do I start! It was amazing...deep soaking tub, totally worth it.

They were so great for us as well! Second time we've stayed there and we will again. We had issues with our Thursday flight and got in Friday instead. They didn't charge us for the missed day. And they gave us a great view of the bay. I lived in the bathroom. Tub big enough to swim in, and dual shower heads.

Another great stay at the Crowne Plaza! Staff was great and we got upgraded to a suite! So nice to have extra room to chill out and put our stuff down.

I will say though, we had a friend stay at the Grand Hyatt and it is MIGHTY impressive. Halfway tempted to go that route next year (but I love the secondary entrance on the other side of the convention center from the freeway park).

• SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Liked the Grand Hyatt as well. Bathroom amazing with tube and a shower stall. Loved just checking late panels on the 2 conference rooms in the hotel and the Arcade was here too :)

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Legendary bathrooms

Not even kidding

You will fall asleep in that tub at least once.
    On your advice (and my deep abiding love of baths), I went with the Grand Hyatt over the Sheraton this year. It is totally my PAX hotel now. The Sheraton has strengths for sure. Better lobby and bar, technically closer to Convention Center, they pay you $7/day to not get the room cleaned, and it's a little cheaper. But the Hyatt bathroom sells it for me. The extra tiny walk to Convention Center was ultimately meaningless, the breakfasts I wanted were closer to the Hyatt than the Sheraton anyway, and nothing stops me from just walking to the Sheraton to hang out in their sweet lobby and bar.

Also: one of the Hyatt Bellmen looks a lot like Jerry Holkins.