As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Strong men also [chat]

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    If you were ukranian you don't disown them till after they have been discovered to be a prolithic gun runner and gotten their sibling killed in the process.

Sadly I think only I will get that joke.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2007
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    I don't mind kids. I mean, my mom ran a nursery/day-care out of our house during my formative years so they hold very few mysteries for me, but even so I think they're pretty cool. I also cannot pass up the chance to mold a mind in my own terrible image.

I really love playing peek-a-boo with babies, when they find it amusing. I could keep doing it for an hour, without getting bored.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    "He's headed right for the electrical outlet!"

"Hold on, let's see how this goes..."

Christopher Titus! But you forgot the beer sound.

And I am barely 5'8" Irene my fiancee is just equally as short. The only thing big on me is me gut.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm going to have as many kids as my wife will put up with. I love those little fuckers.

Sami on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2007
    Preacher wrote: »
    If you were ukranian you don't disown them till after they have been discovered to be a prolithic gun runner and gotten their sibling killed in the process.

Sadly I think only I will get that joke.

I, too, have seen Lord of War.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm occasionally frightened by how much of a dick I am sometimes. Like I'll ego search and read something I wrote weeks or a month ago and go "Jesus Christ, if someone spoke to me like that in person I would break their fucking neck."

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I know I'd make a horrible parent, because my natural instinct in dangerous situations is always to see how it'll play out, even if I know it'll play out horribly.

I'm sure if I had children they'd end up being accidentally maimed or killed because of it.
    Or in the arms of a loving gorilla.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Woo! I just watched that again on sunday, I think it's a good movie with a message. I mean who doesn't like an opening that has a young child taking a bullet to the head.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ok everyone, I gotta see a girl about a date. Catch you later.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    I'm occasionally frightened by how much of a dick I am sometimes. Like I'll ego search and read something I wrote weeks or a month ago and go "Jesus Christ, if someone spoke to me like that in person I would break their fucking neck."

So you aren't only a dick drez but an ITG as well?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    See I'm getting to an age where I actually have nieces and nephews and my friends and coworkers are having kids and I'm seeing how much behavior is perpetuated by the parents. I just came to the realization the other day when I was at the bank, of all places, and tying up the line were two parents who brought both their kids with them into the bank - one was a toddler and the other an infant. The infant was screaming his little head off while the toddler was running around hitting his toy car against every available surface, and the parents just didn't seem to give a fuck and were just going on with business as usual. And I though, "Why doesn't my nephew act like that?" and i realized, "oh yeah, it's because my sister will tell him to sit down and shut up or else you're going to get paddled, young man!"

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Get ready for crushing rejection! I mean uhh later ghost.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Good luck!

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    What if that person were Doc Drez? Could you reach the neck?

Quid on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I am bored.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm serious, though. Who tries to talk to a teller about opening a checking account while holding a screaming baby two feet from the teller's face? What kind of brain damage makes you think that's acceptable behavior?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2007
    Elki wrote: »
    I really love playing peek-a-boo with babies, when they find it amusing. I could keep doing it for an hour, without getting bored.

Have you considered a career in, uh, daycareology? Because honestly, this is a valuable skill.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Feral wrote: »
    I'm serious, though. Who tries to talk to a teller about opening a checking account while holding a screaming baby two feet from the teller's face? What kind of brain damage makes you think that's acceptable behavior?
    My brother and sister in law has the same method as your sister. My sister and brother in law told their son to use his big boy words and he's a whiny brat. I fail to comprehend how two teachers are screwing that up.

Quid on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I am bored.
    I am full.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Well, sometimes there's just no helping it. Try to remember that next time you can't find someone to look after your kids while you absolutely must go out to run errands, and people give you dirty looks.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2007

I dunno, maybe it's that we venerate babies and parenting to such a ridiculous degree, but yeah: parents today seem unable or unwilling to discern the difference between where it's appropriate to be accompanied by infants/kids and where it isn't. I was fucking appalled a few weeks ago when my friends and I went to a reasonably pricey restaurant and the people next to us had about five kids crawling over, under, and around every table in the wing. I was like seven before I so much as saw the inside of a restaurant that wasn't a McDonald's or Wendy's.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Quid wrote: »
    My brother and sister in law has the same method as your sister. My sister and brother in law told their son to use his big boy words and he's a whiny brat. I fail to comprehend how two teachers are screwing that up.

That's the other thing: most of the time it's the parents, but some kids really are fuckups, or have chemical imbalances or god knows what else. That's what terrifies me most about the prospect of parenting.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Elki wrote: »
    I've decided that I actually really like children. It's the parents who I hate.

I like them when they're being adorable, I hate them when they're pooping.

This is why being an uncle is awesome. All the cute, none of the stink.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Well, sometimes there's just no helping it. Try to remember that next time you can't find someone to look after your kids while you absolutely must go out to run errands, and people give you dirty looks.

Its the jackholes who bring their babies to movies that bug the hell out of me

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    These cookies seem ready. Time to bust out the new handy dandy camera.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hmm, maybe I should flip this avatar so its facing posts.

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Corvus wrote: »

Looks kinda snotty right now. Like it's too good even for it's own posts

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

There's a babysitter who's never busy, even on short notice, and her name is Benadryl.

Feral on

• Options
    MrBallbagginsMrBallbaggins Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yes! I was finally in time for a phalla sign up!

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Thats sort of what I was thinking.

Corvus on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Some dumb couple brought their toddler daughter to the showing of Beowulf I attended. It was... unpleasant.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Thats sort of what I was thinking.

I like it. He looks like Sam Eagle from the Muppets, turning his nose up and going "Hmmmph!"

Feral on

• Options
    VeegeezeeVeegeezee Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Kids are weird.

Especially really smart ones. It's like, I know odds are the squirmy little larva will end up a truck driver or something, but there's a reasonable chance they'll be about a hundred times as smart as me in fifteen years.

Veegeezee on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    I am bored.
    I am full.
    That Big Bell Value Menu at Taco Bell gets me every time.

Satan. on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hey, what's the big idea of creating a new [chat] thread while I'm at the gym?! That's so impolite!

So I went to call a nice girl who likes me about a date, but out of habit I accidentally looked up the girl in my address book. Fortunately I realised my mistake right before I dialled... but man, that was troubling. I guess old habits are hard to break :?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    MrBallbagginsMrBallbaggins Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hacks, how was Beowulf? Did it rock?

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Richy if you're going to talk about girls who turned you down you're really gonna have to narrow it down a little :)

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Some dumb couple brought their toddler daughter to the showing of Beowulf I attended. It was... unpleasant.
    Strangely, she too found Angelina Jolie's tits the best part of the movie.

Elendil on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Richy if you're going to talk about girls who turned you down you're really gonna have to narrow it down a little :)
    At least down to where we can count them on one hand. It shouldn't be hard for Richy, as he's quite used to getting down to one hand.

Elendil on
This discussion has been closed.