As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

For Blood! For Glory! [For Honor]!

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I'm Suedomsa_Drol on Uplay, and I too would love an invite if one were to offer it.

Also I personally hadn't seen this from the Ubisoft channel and it's got some campaign stuff and story info:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkqT_fo0QTk

Also here are the lore trailers for a couple of the classes for each faction on their youtube channel for those who haven't seen them:

Edit: Man I hate when websites use finicky flash/similar things for important stuff on their sites. I tried to get on my Ubisoft friends list and had to try a dozen times to get it to load right.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    I'm Suedomsa_Drol on Uplay, and I too would love an invite if one were to offer it.

Also I personally hadn't seen this from the Ubisoft channel and it's got some campaign stuff and story info:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkqT_fo0QTk

Also here are the lore trailers for a couple of the classes for each faction on their youtube channel for those who haven't seen them:

Edit: Man I hate when websites use finicky flash/similar things for important stuff on their sites. I tried to get on my Ubisoft friends list and had to try a dozen times to get it to load right.

Pc or PS4?

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    PC, but Aistan already sent me one

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Any other PC invites floating around? UPlay is the same as here. (Because I'm creative like that.)

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Any PS4 invites here?

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Any PS4 invites here?
    What's your uplay username?

I may have just sent you a friend request

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    So for the people that have played... how is it?

Close to any current game out there in terms of control/game play

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • Options
    I've played it a bit, and it's fun, but I'm still getting used to the controls. I keep forgetting to move my mouse around to block/aim at different areas. I'm thinking I might try a 360 controller if I can, the game seems more tailored to controllers than mouse and keyboard and it might help cut down on my confusion. I don't know if I've played any games precisely like it, but it's certainly interesting.

• Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    This is some pretty fun stuff. I'm BradicusMaximus on Uplay if anyone wants an extra dude to play with.

Also I would agree about using a controller. Moving the mouse to block feels slightly clunky unfortunately

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Hows the PC version coming? This game is definitely on my radar. Initial feedback has been quite good, too.

Also, are teams culture locked? Do we have samurai fighting next to knights? Not sure I like that. Makes it feel more cinematic to have two opposing factions.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Each culture is more like a class than a faction. PC version looks great, it's a gorgeous game. Runs well as well, though I agree it feels like the controls are more designed for a controller than kbam. CTRL to target someone and ALT to swap targets is ridiculous. Switching guard position feels like it would be more natural for a thumbstick than a mouse as well.

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I'd greatly appreciate a PS4 key! Uplay name is Densetti.

Deans on
  • Options
    It's absolutely more natural using a gamepad. The keyboard controls are pretty bad. I actually managed to beat the 2v1 at the end of the practice with controller, though once it gets that hectic I forget everything I learned about how to attack and combos and stuff.

Got into some vs. AI matches, and it was kind of fun. Maybe if I was playing with a regular group or something that could be neat. I think I still need a little more meat than that to sell me on the final product though.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I had fun in the few matches I played.

you absolutely need a controller to play this otherwise you are at a significant disadvantage. PC looks great, it defaulted to all max settings on my 970 and runs fantastic. The amount of customization is absolutely absurd!

The only issue I see is the multiplayer is p2p

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Yup, I left the party I was in because I had to check something and now I can't get into anything at all now. It still says my NAT type is unknown, and I have no idea how to fix that.

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Peer to Peer and "premium" items that they're being awful secretive about whether they provide an in game advantage are my worries.

I don't know why p2p is acceptable. I enjoy playing games on consoles, but this shit was unacceptable 15 years ago on PC. That it's okay now is really irritating. They obfuscate it with giving little green/yellow/red bars that mean nothing and no net_graph or ping number.

dispatch.o on
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    dispatch.o wrote: »
    Peer to Peer and "premium" items that they're being awful secretive about whether they provide an in game advantage are my worries.

I don't know why p2p is acceptable. I enjoy playing games on consoles, but this shit was unacceptable 15 years ago on PC. That it's okay now is really irritating. They obfuscate it with giving little green/yellow/red bars that mean nothing and no net_graph or ping number.

I wouldn't really expect any different from the likes of Ubisoft.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    Been watching some streams, and this looks like just the blend of Dark Souls and fighting games that I've been looking for. Why do we have to wait until next year!

• Options
    Deans wrote: »
    Been watching some streams, and this looks like just the blend of Dark Souls and fighting games that I've been looking for. Why do we have to wait until next year!

I sent you a uplay invite. The other people who asked haven't accepted my friend requests and I don't want the codes to go to waste

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Louie wrote: »

I sent you a uplay invite. The other people who asked haven't accepted my friend requests and I don't want the codes to go to waste

You two should do some 2v2 stuff and give the rest of us some sort of "first impression" beyond what has been going on with streamers. Twitch is basically big streamers playing anticipated game with friends and being entertaining while ignoring chat (who can blame them really). Rainbow Six : Siege is a gem of a game, so I suppose this could end out the same way. I think Siege is good in spite of Ubi, they were too busy scrambling and selling The Division to notice an actual game with good shooting mechanics and interesting situations was being made.

dispatch.o on
  • Options
    My brother and I played some 2v2. I would use shield charge of the conqueror to open against one player then we would isolate the other player.

2v1 is really hard to counter, especially if you position properly. If you are correctly placed you end up hitting each other more than the opposition.

2v1 with the big Viking is good because he can do a jumping attack that hits them with the butt of his axe to stagger them and then the other player can cause big damage.

The Viking is also great at rescuing people as you can run in and pick up enemies (and throw them off ledges, into spikes, into walls where they also get a knee in the face).

It's a fun game!

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    RichardRichard Registered User regular

If you have any (ps4) invites left I would happily try it out. Rille81 on uplay.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Richard wrote: »

If you have any (ps4) invites left I would happily try it out. Rille81 on uplay.

Sent an invite. Other people not accepting and I don't want invites to go to waste.

We are now uplay friends so the alpha invite should arrive now

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Man this game is fun, but as someone who is generally pretty shit at fighting games, having combos I'll probably never be able to remember be a major part of the combat is sort of frustrating.

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • Options
    Do we have any PC invites going around?

I definitely want to give this a go.

Shame about cultures being more of a class. I really enjoy asymmetric factional warfare but it makes sense from a balance perspective.

• Options
    Well there might be culture vs culture matches later on (haven't seen anything about this explicitly but it would make sense) I'm hoping so anyway.

Been playing mostly the Kensei and the Warden, tried out the Conqueror a bit too. Mostly I'm just trying to figure out the combos without relying on the special moves too much, keep forgetting them in an actual fight.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Man I finally started getting matches where I'm getting my shit kicked in.

Figures it happened at prime time hours. During the day I do pretty well!

• Options
    I should try the Raider out but ehh they don't really interest me that much for some reason, and the Berserker seems pretty tough to get a handle on. Might just wait to try out the Vikings... ah well, Samurai and Knights it is for me

• Options
    edited September 2016

@Louie Accepted! Guess I went to bed a few minutes too early :P

Deans on
  • Options

@Louie Accepted! Guess I went to bed a few minutes too early :P

Alpha invite sent

camo_sig.png
  • Options

Louie Accepted! Guess I went to bed a few minutes too early :P

Alpha invite sent

Hooray! Thankya kindly.

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    My Uplay is OV3RCHARGE if anyone is still giving away codes (PS4 or PC)

Ov3rcharge on
  • Options

Shame about cultures being more of a class. I really enjoy asymmetric factional warfare but it makes sense from a balance perspective.

Sent it this morning. Glad they did this friend invite thing, so even though I didn't really get much use out of it other people could.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    How do you block shoves? I thought it was mash square but that did not seem to work, maybe my timing was off. That said no one seems to be able to defend against my shoves either, making them like comically lethal.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Huh, I wonder if someone is watching this thread, since I just got a alpha invite.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Doing the 1v1 duel mode is (unsurprisingly) making the mechanics of this game way more comprehensible. I'm digging it.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Aistan wrote: »

Sent it this morning. Glad they did this friend invite thing, so even though I didn't really get much use out of it other people could.

Did you send it to me? Not sure I have you on my friends list. Ubi name is the same as my forum handle.

Edit: Nevermind, it was an email. Doh! Downloading now.

Thanks!

EDIT 2: Trololol spoke too soon, can't log into the website. Changed my PW and everything. I have never been able to log into a Uplay website.

OpposingFarce on
  • Options
    Aistan wrote: »

Did you send it to me? Not sure I have you on my friends list. Ubi name is the same as my forum handle.

You're on mine. Check your junk folder possibly, that was an issue earlier.

• Options
    It worked, just had to log in to the site on my mobile.

Because ubisoft is a fail at this stuff.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    late to the party, i'd be cool with a PC invite.
    im notoriusben on uplay.

while im talking about uplay @evmaalsar refriend notoriusben, not n-ben.
    n-ben was an account i made to try and switch my games over because i couldn't remember the notoriusben account.
    stroke of inspiration that I was able to remember it and access my games... seriously, I can't remember all these dashboards, even with writing down passwords.

tldr; uplay friend requests should be sent to notoriusben

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN