As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad Food "Thread": Things Man Was Not Meant To Digest

Indie WinterIndie Winter die KräheRudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
edited September 2016 in Social Entropy++

oh hello, I didn't see you there. Welcome, dear readers, to what will assuredly be the spookiest place online this halloween season. Welcome... to the bad food thread!

enhanced-buzz-9329-1389214671-1.jpg?no-auto
enhanced-buzz-28649-1389279006-3.jpg?no-auto
enhanced-buzz-10821-1389281128-13.jpg?no-auto

wY6K6Jb.gif
Indie Winter on

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    One of those puddings just looked at me, I swear

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Holy shit that tweet is insanely depressing

CYpGAPn.png
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Holy shit that tweet is insanely depressing
    Earlier this year, Oswalt's wife Michelle McNamara passed away in her sleep at age 46. This Emmy will be the first major award Oswalt has won since his wife's passing.

Backstage at the Emmys, the Veep actor told reporters that "it seems like the lights have been turned down 50 percent on everything" since her passing.

The true crime writer was survived by Oswalt and their 7-year-old daughter Alice.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    Yes I know that is why it is insanely depressing

CYpGAPn.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular

I was unaware. I thought it was just depressing because of Arby's.

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular

Yeah, everywhere I see it posted people are like, "Yeah Patton way to party!' and I'm like

guys no, guys

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Send it out on an ice float

Let it die in dignity on its own terms

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Spam is delicious

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Man I always thought of this as the "bad" food thread, not the BAD FOOD thread. The pictures in the OP make me not want food any more.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular

now I watch Bojack Horseman and think Oswalt's character Pinky Penguin doesn't really have it so bad...

• RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular
    I feel like those steak puddings are the juvenile forms of beef Wellington, left to fend for themselves too soon in a cruel world.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Robonun wrote: »
    I feel like those steak puddings are the juvenile forms of beef Wellington, left to fend for themselves too soon in a cruel world.

It's just molted. Give it a few days to regrow its delicious flaky crust and it'll be happy to run and play with the other beef wellingtons.

• DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular

Yeah, everywhere I see it posted people are like, "Yeah Patton way to party!' and I'm like

guys no, guys

It is so goddamn sad that it is actually kinda brilliantly funny. Mostly sad. Just the sharpness though of that knife tho

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Did you really have to corrupt this thread right in the OP instead of letting it turn to evil by itself?

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    What you have to remember is all those nasty 70s recipes are pretty much meant to be decorative, something to impress your friends with while everyone's loosening up and getting ready to toss the keys in the bowl.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    BE THE LIFE OF THE PARTY! IMPRESS YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES THIS FESTIVE SEASON WITH THIS COLLECTION OF EASILY PREPARED UNKNOWABLE COSMIC HORRORS!

• KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Don't forget dessert.

A gluten-free, Atkins friendly dessert.

Layered bologna cake with mayonnaise and mustard frosting.

3hzrbyfg4nyf.jpg

That looks delicious
    I would probably put a slice of that in a sandwich

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Sweet fucking fuck

Don't forget dessert.

A gluten-free, Atkins friendly dessert.

Layered bologna cake with mayonnaise and mustard frosting.

3hzrbyfg4nyf.jpg
    AaaaaaaAAAAAHHHHHH

CYpGAPn.png
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    wayyyyyy too much mayo. But I have zero problems with the ingredients in a more sane concentration.

steam_sig.png
    imagine taking a big old mouthful of that mayomustard and just swallowing

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

No different than the gobs of frosting from some of the store bought cakes

Brainleech wrote: »

No different than the gobs of frosting from some of the store bought cakes

Actually significantly different

There's probably less sugar in the cake frosting.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I actually want to gag upon seeing that.

Now, those lobster fries, though? Looks great.

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    I actually want to gag upon seeing that.

Now, those lobster fries, though? Looks great.

I hate having to use my hands to eat food that is messy, so having to shell a lobster covered in whatever it's covered with isn't super appealing. A bunch of already cleaned lobster meat on fries is pretty appealing though.

And yeah, I'll eat a buffalo wing or BBQ rib with my hands, but I won't like it.

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I move to make a motion to throw the entirety of the 70s into the sun, and never speak of it again except in disapproving, hushed tones

edited September 2016
    yeah but then you wouldn't have that nice visual contrast of red lobster-yellow fries though

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    yeah but then you wouldn't have that nice visual contrast of red lobster-yellow fries though

I'm willing to make that sacrifice.

Just imagine all of those dishes moving in stop-motion

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    I move to make a motion to throw the entirety of the 70s into the sun, and never speak of it again except in disapproving, hushed tones

Whoa now let's not say anything to these folks we'll regret, buddy.

that-70s-show-cast__width_420.jpg

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    DHS wrote: »

guys no, guys

It is so goddamn sad that it is actually kinda brilliantly funny. Mostly sad. Just the sharpness though of that knife tho
    Yeah, it works way better than him at KFC with a sadness bowl.

sig.gif
  • Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    What you have to remember is all those nasty 70s recipes are pretty much meant to be decorative, something to impress your friends with while everyone's loosening up and getting ready to toss the keys in the bowl.

I have Mark Millar's Wanted to thank for understanding that reference.

kyrcl.png
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    BE THE LIFE OF THE PARTY! IMPRESS YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES THIS FESTIVE SEASON WITH THIS COLLECTION OF EASILY PREPARED UNKNOWABLE COSMIC HORRORS!

THIS IS MY LITERAL DREAM SCENARIO

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »

I have Mark Millar's Wanted to thank for understanding that reference.

The 70s had a lot less of the molded foods. It was really the 50s and into the 60s where those were really popular.

caq8vndqsxru.jpg

hzzl27opcsha.jpg

I'll see you and I'll raise you

CsSbBamVIAEyiQC.jpg

wY6K6Jb.gif
This discussion has been closed.