As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Elder Scrolls Online] Tamriel Unlimited now on XB1 and PS4

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Werewolf lizard... werewolf cat...

These things, they seem wrong for some reason that I cannot put my finger on... :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Finished the thieves' guild. The whole thing was really awesome. Maybe better than any questline in previous Elder Scrolls games? I dunno. All the characters were great and really well written, the dysfunctional family almost felt like Archer though with a lot less jokes obviously.

Also this game has an insane amount of voiceovers, I don't know how they did it. Like it's gotta be the majority of the install or something, it's nuts. I could talk to so many people between and during each mission to hear unique lines that would've been so easily missable. Even random NPC schmucks in the guild offering some commentary that was relative to how far I'd progressed.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Oh damn. That werewolf lord thing looks really cool. I'll have to get that when I get payed

-looks at end date for when you cant buy it anymore Nov1st- -Looks at payday, Nov2nd- God damnit.

EDIT: I doubt that kinda stuff is tradable, right?

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Heyyyy, whole bunch of friends are getting back into ESO. Super Hyped!

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    heenato wrote: »
    Oh damn. That werewolf lord thing looks really cool. I'll have to get that when I get payed

-looks at end date for when you cant buy it anymore Nov1st- -Looks at payday, Nov2nd- God damnit.

It's not.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »

It's not.
    Piiiiiss

M A G I K A Z A M
    edited October 2016
    Funny things heard said by NPCs:

As Dominion, while sneaking around a Veiled Heritance/Ebonheart Pact encampment, dressed as one of them so nobody suspects, Heritance dude says ambient dialogue "so, you're the one who saved the queen, eh? Don't look all that special to me."

While pickpocketing a beggar on the street, I steal everything she has, and she says "urgh, if I lose any more, I'll be out on the street!"

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    So I'm trying a Nightblade for the first time ever and oh boy why didn't I try this until now?

I always made casters with a secondary healy spec. Never really tried non-magicka builds.

Geeze louise, you can't use werewolf in public without getting begged for a bite, can you?

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Make that cash, son!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Farming delve bosses for Hollowjack motifs. Pile of identical corpses under a blossoming cherry tree.

Also doing it on two characters, taking turns, since there's a cooldown on getting the plunder skull.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Does anybody know how the loot in boxes is generated? If im doing thieves guild stuff can I save the bodes for later to get better set gear out of them?

Score so far:

Helmet (3 spares)
    Belt
    Boots (1 spare)
    Gloves

Swords
    Shields
    Maces

Hey is it true that the horse named Chomper starts with 10 slot inventory? So you can have a higher max with him? I guess shame I've already trained my horse 8 times but I started with him and it's not like I had 40k from the start.
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Make that cash, son!

People in zone chat were saying that only idiots pay for getting bitten, that lots of people just do it for free. How much should I ask for? And also do I have to do it at the shrine, or can I bite someone anywhere and then they get a quest to go to the shrine, or something?

Farming Hollowjack motifs for fun and profit:

Go to Mehrunes' Spite in Auridon. Delve boss respawns in 30-40 seconds. You can get a skull every 3-ish minutes. Set a timer for the skull timer, kill, repeat.

Hollowjack progress: missing shoulders and pants. I'll see if I can trade for those motifs with my spares.

bo6txugq98ll.jpg

Man, I only just recently learned/realized that the halloween transformation gives you 2x exp. That explains a lot.

I've only 100%'d Khenarthi's Roost, Auridon, and Thieves' Guild DLC, and I'm already level 38. /played is 3 days. It feels too fast. Looking at old info online, normally at this point I'd be starting my 6th zone, the last of the alliance! Must just be a 2x exp combo with One Tamriel making everything "appropriate level" content and thus max exp gain.

Having a hard time keeping crafting going. I'm pretty sure the materials you harvest are based on level and not crafting level, because I keep starting to find the next tier of stuff and my crafting gets left behind until I can put another skill point in. All my crafting stuff is levels 14-20ish. I've been deconstructing everything nonstop since the start.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Hey is it true that the horse named Chomper starts with 10 slot inventory? So you can have a higher max with him? I guess shame I've already trained my horse 8 times but I started with him and it's not like I had 40k from the start.

Back when the game released, horses had different stats and your riding skill was per-horse.

Now they all share the same riding skill and there're no differences between them.

Ah, it sucks when there's still so much old info out there, official-looking sites speaking with authority but completely innacurate.

@UncleSporky is 100%ing an area including getting the Sky shards? I went on a scavenger hunt for them in another area because I needed more points to put into crafting.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Yeah, also got all the books for mage's guild. Literally the only things left to do are the party group dungeon (I did the public one) and like...finding Maiq at every spot he can appear at, or something.

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    My biggest problem with trying to come back to this game is that as someone who did QA, I've already played through 90% of the low-level content like 60 times, so I get really bored trying to level a character up enough to get to the stuff I didn't get to see when I was a dev :\

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    My biggest problem with trying to come back to this game is that as someone who did QA, I've already played through 90% of the low-level content like 60 times, so I get really bored trying to level a character up enough to get to the stuff I didn't get to see when I was a dev :\

With one tamriel you can just go straight to higher level stuff and not worry about it now, right? It all scales to you, you can rush through the main story to the parts you haven't seen, can just go to higher level zones and start questing. Hell, if you need summoner off the island you can friend someone (I'm @CorriganX ) and just get out there.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    There, got all the Hollowjack armor motifs, as well as swords, shields, maces, staves, daggers and bows. Missing... axes?

I've got 2 of each hollowjack one but haven't decided yet whether to actually use them with any of my current characters. So, they're just cluttering up my bank right now. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Yeah, I have like 10 extra armor motifs and 20+ cooking recipe spares in the bank.

I've started just selling the extra recipes. Got a shit-ton of motifs.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    That reminds me a lot of amber armor from oblivion .

That reminds me a lot of amber armor from oblivion .

I think the style material is Amber Marbles, so I'm guessing that's intentional. Good catch!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    If any of you are on PS4 NA, I have an entire bank full of hollowjack that I can mail you.

The heavy set looks awesome with Skoria.

• President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    The guild markets are absolutely saturated with Hollowjack. You can score a set for, what, ~300 a piece?

President Evil on
    If that, yeah. Everyone in my guild is just giving them away to make sure everyone's got one.

The gold masks, on the other hand, can still net you pretty much whatever you want.

edited November 2016
    175+ plunder skulls, not one mask... :(

President Evil on
    On PC I usually see them for 35-40k

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Speaking of expensive gold things, has anyone here ever found an Imperial book in the wild? I refuse to pay market "value".

Speaking of expensive gold things, has anyone here ever found an Imperial book in the wild? I refuse to pay market "value".

As an Imperial, if you have things you want crafted just gimme the mats

3basnids3lf9.jpg

edited November 2016
    I can totally convert pieces on my own. Need dat trophy, though... :P

President Evil on
    I finally got the pumpkin mask the other day, and I found 3 scarecrows. So yeah, RNG was pretty favorable to me. I think I got somewhere around 200 skulls across my chars.

edited November 2016
    Ok I have no fucking clue what the heck is going on in Cyrodiil.

Like, it's a pvp place, but there are a bunch of quests and skyshards and stuff? Are there any places where it's safe to just run around and do quests? Is any of it instanced or can enemy players stroll up whenever they like and kill you? What was with that war selection thing, 30 day non-champ, 7 day resources...?

There are these sewers of the city that are just huge, I don't know if it's like...anyone could be running around in there, or it's just me exploring. There was some crazy boss dremora going around with a torch so I couldn't stealth near him, I just avoided him. Does he have anything to do with pvp?

I accepted some quest in the arena district to kill all the dremora in the arena and this crazy boss showed up that had to be like a raid boss or something because his name bar was all adorned, there was no way I could've done that myself, but I had no indication as to what the arena thing would even be about. What content is intended for what number of people? And what would've happened if other players had shown up, just die and fail the quest?

Then I go after a skyshard in some district and I start getting blasted with crazy fire I can't escape from, I think it may have been from some base controlled by another alliance or something.

And there was some quest to "plant the alliance banner" but it's way high up in some building that I can't even get to, I'm crawling through destroyed buildings trying to find a way up there.

I'm a nightblade, I have crap survivability, I just want to get Vigor which other people online say is a good skill to go for. However nothing I have done in Cyrodiil has given me any XP toward the Assault skill tree. Will quests do it? Will killing random enemies do it eventually, or do I have to fight another player? And where do I even find these other players in this massive zone?

NOTHING is explained. The design of the areas are incomprehensible.

EDIT: What the hell, I went all the way to the Imperial City and into some sewer pipe I was told to for a quest, and then went back out through the same pipe and suddenly I'm back at the edge of the zone?

EDIT2: I think I might be starting to get it, Cyrodiil is separate from the Imperial City...I had two intro quests, one for Cyrodiil and one for the city, and the Cyrodiil one explained the war game that's going on. But...then I did a scouting mission that took me like an actual hour to ride to the location, I scouted it, I got killed, I could only warp back to the starting area again (apparently our side is losing really badly).

UncleSporky on
    Cyrodiil is "the" pvp area. Keeps, war, etc all happen here. There are skyshards to find, and there are 6 towns that offer daily quests (good exp, relatively simplistic). People can roll up on you and shank you at any time, but there are a number of campiagns (think of them as individual servers) to pick from. At any given time, you should be able to ask around or find the ones that are "owned" by your faction. If you set one of those to Home Campaign, you get buffs and there will be relatively fewer gankers in them because nobody likes to ride their horse all over the map just to gank questers anymore.

Imperial City was a DLC that is "mixed pvp/pve". It has its own currency (Tel Var Stones) and its own unlockables (Agility/Endurance/Willpower jewelery comes from unlocking trophy vaults). There is 100% always ganking and pvp here, because people are either running grinding circles around the Sewers, or doing group content in the Districts above. There is also a zone/flag capture mechanic in the Districts, but oddly I've never been up there since they patched it in a few patches ago.

This discussion has been closed.