As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX South 2017 Challenge Coin - Ordering Closed

• shimwoodshimwood Registered User regular
    Meh, they probably forgot to come back because tickets went on sale so long ago. I'm sure everyone will be back by the end of November/beginning of December.

khd33hubozxv.png
  • RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that's kind of what I'm thinking as well...

OtyHMcu.jpg
    There is a new poll for other parts of the coin!

Poll closes in a week!

https://goo.gl/forms/JhXznlO4hDXVTCnk1

OtyHMcu.jpg
    I'm liking the new finishes; hopefully they all cost the same.

khd33hubozxv.png
  • BadCrumpanyBadCrumpany Registered User regular
    So many to choose from!

They sent that list of finishes to Aus, so I'm pretty sure they're all current and Aus didn't mention anything about them being a different price, but once we decide, we can ask :)

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • OpSteelOpSteel neighbor of the village pindiot Fort Worth TEXASRegistered User regular
    Sorry, moved recently and have been busy with the whole unpacking thing. It is amazing how much junk you accumulate in 12 years.

I don't think I have even been on the forums for a few months :biggrin:

• OpSteelOpSteel neighbor of the village pindiot Fort Worth TEXASRegistered User regular
    Looking through the thread, it looks good so far. I need to remember to actual use my camera this year and try and get some good pictures of the area for the 2018 coin.

• StinkyTurdStinkyTurd Registered User regular
    Had to vote for antique silver or black nickel but damn black dye and 2 tone look great to

• DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    RILMS wrote: »
    Thanks @BadCrumpany for searching for those pics!

I like the Black and White Code one. I feel it would look best on a coin :)

However, I am sure we can have the artist at Kiddercorp add colour to the arrows if we want to do colour again :)

I agree with the black and white version. Keeping it simple without loosing it's purpose. A touch of color wouldn't hurt either :D

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
    RILMS wrote: »
    Hello all! I have created a survey for the location side of things.

Please submit your vote here: https://goo.gl/forms/9TTmLzRTzogSitNW2

If there is enough demand for something other than the convention center for the coin, we can redo the poll later on.

Bummer!! I missed out on the voting for the location site, however, I would have chosen the convention center as the location.

edited October 2016
    Perhaps this year we could think about changing the finish of the coin. Don't get me wrong, antique bronze is great. Sometimes change is good and you may be surprised and pleased with the outcome. I voted differently for the finish of this years coin. Let's see how everyone else votes.
    Keep in mind that some of us were reluctant with the introduction of the color coin. Look how great that change is :P

Devereaux on
    Devereaux wrote: »
    Perhaps this year we could think about changing the finish of the coin. Don't get me wrong, antique bronze is great. Sometimes change is good and you may be surprised and pleased with the outcome. I voted differently for the finish of this years coin. Let's see how everyone else votes.

Agreed that black nickel and antique silver look great.

• orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Devereaux wrote: »
    Perhaps this year we could think about changing the finish of the coin. Don't get me wrong, antique bronze is great. Sometimes change is good and you may be surprised and pleased with the outcome.

Last year's South coin was done in Antique Gold (Someone correct me if it was bronze and the thread from last year is wrong.)

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
    Nah, it was gold. I think Devereaux was referring to the fact that almost every other coin has been antique bronze or silver.

khd33hubozxv.png
    Adding
    shimwood wrote: »
    Nah, it was gold. I think Devereaux was referring to the fact that almost every other coin has been antique bronze or silver.

Exactly, you got it. :)

I was wondering what you guys thought about donating some money to Child's Play when buying coins?

OtyHMcu.jpg
    I don't mind donating for a good cause. Child's Play is one. :D

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Personally I think that there's a whole lot of avenues with which to donate to Child's Play already. I am not against it, but there's a point at which saturation is reached when it comes to charity events and pax combined. If you think it will get people to donate that aren't already currently donating, though, maybe it's worth a look. I'm just wondering who is on the forums and goes to pax that needs a method to donate that is not already filled, if that makes sense.

I was thinking that the Dinner and Cookie Brigade are cash (as far as I know), with the coin, people can pay with their credit card. But, I do understand oversatuation. Just a thought :)

OtyHMcu.jpg
    edited October 2016
    Results from the latest poll!!

but1satkcnr1.png

Finishes:

Black Nickel (2 votes)
    Gold (2 Votes)
    Silver (1 Vote)
    Sandblasting (4 Votes)
    Antique Silver (4 Votes)
    Antique Copper (3 Votes)
    Antique Bronze (2 Votes)

Results List:

Black Nickel
    Gold, Silver, or Sandblasting. All look cool.
    Sandblasting
    Gold
    Sandblasting
    Black Nickel/Antique Silver
    antique copper
    Antique Copper
    Antique Silver
    Antique silver
    Gold or sandblasting
    Antique anything
    antique bronze

Looks like people like Sandblasting or Antique Silver the best, we will be having colour and regular again, and it will be reeded!

(Note: One person put Antique anything, so I added 1 to all of the antiques)

RILMS on
    OtyHMcu.jpg
    Link for the Interest Sheet!

https://goo.gl/forms/p7HzV8hZl1j7euxH2

This is just to see how many coins we should order for the first run. Spread it far and wide :D

OtyHMcu.jpg
    Done and done!

khd33hubozxv.png
    Awesome! I have sent the images to Kiddercorp and they should have something back to us to take a look at next week :)

OtyHMcu.jpg
    Kiddercorp got back to us real quick!!

First round of proofs

rl82bl1ko78h.jpg

cbxheizywdcm.jpg

So, I told them we were between antique silver and sandblasting and to pick whichever would go better with their design. Looks like they picked the antique silver.

I like the look of the location side of the coin.

The game side, I feel, could use some work. When submitting the design, I had given them the image I had put in the coin as reference and said that we'd like it to take up some more space in the coin, but I don't think that got across. I like the colour for the arrows and buttons, except they did it in pairs. It works for the down and up arrows, but the left and right ones are the same colour based on their grouping.

They took the PAC people that we used on the PAX West coin. PAX Aus went back to the smaller ones with no eyes. We can decide to keep the large ones or go back to the smaller ones. I also think I'd like either the PAC people to be yellow on a silver coin, or at least give Ms. Pacman red for her bow.

Anyway, that's my thoughts and feelings, let me know what you think!

OtyHMcu.jpg
    I guess I'm dumb. I didn't know that antique silver is nickel. :surprised: I also didn't know that on the color one it was just color on one side. I guess I never paid attention to the coins until the pictures were laid out like that. And you have some awesome ideas Rilms. I like your ideas for the finer points as well. Since it was split between silver and sandblasting, could they maybe do one of the two in one metal and one in the other metal? Or do they charge more for that? Just wondering since then people would have a variety!

edited November 2016
    Yeah, I was hoping for 4 separate lines on the game side:
    UUDD
    LRLR
    AB
    Start

I'd also like some color on the PAC people if possible for the color coin.

@BadCrumpany, I believe last year they said there is too much fine detail on the location side for them to color it in AND make it look good.

Edit: This is the best I could do with my Bob Ross-like MSPaint skills, but something along these lines is what I imagined the game side to be.

r3tzeiw55dji.png

shimwood on
    khd33hubozxv.png
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Agreed on the arrow colors being odd in their current color combination (I get why they did it that way, but that pretty much counters how the majority of us players would view the grouping)

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
    the code should be uu dd lr lr ba start

zerzhul wrote: »

Hmm, yeah...in the image I sent them, it's correct, but then they switched some things around for some reason...good catch!

OtyHMcu.jpg
    zerzhul wrote: »

Was just about to type that then I saw your message lol took me a second to figure out what looked off about it lol.

Threw this together quickly. Thought it would add a bit more color to it.9f7heyxurrmv.jpg

shimwood wrote: »

@BadCrumpany, I believe last year they said there is too much fine detail on the location side for them to color it in AND make it look good.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation!

edited November 2016
    Disregard

BadCrumpany on
    OpSteel wrote: »
    Threw this together quickly. Thought it would add a bit more color to it.9f7heyxurrmv.jpg

It looks good, but would we be able to use Contra characters in it?

OtyHMcu.jpg
    probably not a good plan

looks good, but I think we should stick to the code on the back of the coin only. Also, be sure that Kiddercorp changes the code to uu dd lr lr ba start. Interest sheet filled out!

I have e-mailed Kiddercorp about our changes. We'll see what comes from it :D

OtyHMcu.jpg
    edited November 2016
    V2 Proofs.

vbitv9c5ak6a.jpg
    hmaky07r6y0i.jpg

I think they look much better. They left the PAC people big, but they look much better in yellow.

Thoughts?

RILMS on
    OtyHMcu.jpg