As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

One Bourbon, One [chat], and One Beer

• Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    Ugh, how did I ever watch That 70s Show when it was originally on? This is a horrible show.
    This is my reaction to TV in general. It's not a lie that I only watch sports on TV these days. Sometimes I watch shows on DVDs, but like one show every season, TOPS, so like four shows a year.

Anyway ... I'm always surprised turning actual TV on again how much I used to watch it back in high school etc.

I barely watch television myself, since when I'm bored, I'm here on the internet or out somewhere. The only show I actually stop and go watch is Supernatural.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Goddamnit, the MLK Jr. Memorial looks like ass. Why did they have to go overly complex with this and totally remove his significance from the public like this.

moniker on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I will admit that I will watch any season of Real World no matter what. I have a sick, twisted relationship with that TV show, and no matter how much I know I should, I just can't say no.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    You guys are my TV (well, after youtube anyways)

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    moniker wrote:
    Goddamnit, the MLK Jr. Memorial looks like ass. Why did they have to go overly complex with this and totally remove his significance from the public like this.

Do you have a good picture? Because their website doesn't.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    I will admit that I will watch any season of Real World no matter what. I have a sick, twisted relationship with that TV show, and no matter how much I know I should, I just can't say no.
    Oh God, why? There was one soap opera-ish teen show that was on MTV some years ago. I hated it so much.

Hey, did anyone ever watch Downtown? I really liked that cartoon.

Dynagrip on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    moniker wrote:
    Is it because crackas got no soul? I say it's because crackas got no soul.

They should have gotten a BROTHA to design that shit!

• CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    moniker wrote:

The architechts are spraying ego all over the place?

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    moniker wrote:

Pics?

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Oh God, why? There was one soap opera-ish teen show that was on MTV some years ago. I hated it so much.

I tried watching Laguna Beach once, since a girl I was hanging out with watches that show. For the love of god, do not attempt to watch it. It is a reality tv show of rich teens. The acting is just bad, but the script/dialogue is just sooooooo terrible that you wonder how this show is on t.v, let alone popular!

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Ryan Adams is pretty good.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
    edited November 2006
    :cry::cry::cry:

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
    edited November 2006
    If you presented me with these two options:

You can either:

(1) cure world hunger

or

(2) never do laundry again

I would choose option (2) in about 0.035 seconds and never look back.

edited November 2006
    The Robin Hood song guy?

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    mlkparksculpturelg.jpg

This?

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    If you presented me with these two options:

You can either:

(1) cure world hunger

or

(2) never do laundry again

I would choose option (2) in about 0.035 seconds and never look back.

Laundry ain't so bad. Think about how much time and money you waste eating.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • IloroKamouIloroKamou Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Must we talk about MTV??? If we're going to talk about people that give me headaches when I hear them talk, we can at least pick more interesting targets than the human wastelands that populate the cast of every show on MTV.

IloroKamou on
    "There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts."
    edited November 2006
    Jinnigan wrote:
    Rivendell?

This?

What the shit

ArbitraryDescriptor on
    edited November 2006
    No, we're talking about this:

MLK_stone.jpg

^clickable to the site with a movie that runs through a sketchup model and a few other renderings.

It's pompous, arrogant, concealed, out of the way, uninspired, and way too complex/expensive for what it is meant to be and what it represents. I'll bet you a million dollars this is going to have a gift shop somewhere in it.

moniker on
    edited November 2006
    Saburbia wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:

I tried watching Laguna Beach once, since a girl I was hanging out with watches that show. For the love of god, do not attempt to watch it. It is a reality tv show of rich teens. The acting is just bad, but the script/dialogue is just sooooooo terrible that you wonder how this show is on t.v, let alone popular!
    Well, I sort of like Laguna Beach, too.

I'm obsessed with documentaries, and by extension these pseudo-documentaries which are heavily manipulated to begin with, and then edited to all git out in order to achieve a specific purpose and create storylines. I really want to make movies like this. Supposedly "unscripted drama" is the insider term.

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    What did people say at times like this? Ah. Yes.
    I WILL BUY EVERYONE A DRINK, he announced.

Gim on
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Damn, I love how that show is shot.

And that's where the love ends.

Gim on
  • stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    The Robin Hood song guy?
    Maybe?

I'm listening to Heartbreaker right now.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • IloroKamouIloroKamou Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Jinnigan wrote:
    mlkparksculpturelg.jpg

This?

BindStoneRumblingExiles.sized.jpg

errr?

IloroKamou on
    "There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts."
    edited November 2006
    Gim wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Damn, I love how that show is shot.

And that's where the love ends.
    Their ability to turn some of the most shallow, vapid, stupid, one-dimensional people in the entire world into a drama that pulls in tons of viewers is amazing to me. I mean yes, the first thing is all you need is a pretty face*, but that's not all -- look at their crappy modeling agency show. That one had nothing but pretty faces and it sucked. There's something more to it, and it's like one part character four parts editing.

*I have a friend who grew up in a rich area and he says it's science -- the young women there are just more beautiful by virtue of the fact that they're often the off-spring of showpiece wives. I think he's really on to something.

edited November 2006
    moniker wrote:

MLK_stone.jpg

^clickable to the site with a movie that runs through a sketchup model and a few other renderings.
    What a terribly boring design.

Jinnigan on
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2006
    Andrew_Jay wrote:
    I remember our house being broken into and ransacked years ago, I was about 4 or 5. Pretty scary at the time, but I can't recall it ever really bothering me. Maddie should be fine.

I am glad that she's too young to understand what's going on. She hasn't even noticed that anything's wrong yet, so yay.

I'm currently on hold with Xbox Live customer support, trying to see if there's a way to keep my account, but not let the fuckos who robbed me charge shit to my account. I'm also going to see if there's a way to trace any account activity, so if the crooks are stupid enough to use my account, it gets flagged and they might be able to find them. Not counting on it, but who knows?

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
    edited November 2006
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Andrew_Jay wrote:
    I remember our house being broken into and ransacked years ago, I was about 4 or 5. Pretty scary at the time, but I can't recall it ever really bothering me. Maddie should be fine.

I am glad that she's too young to understand what's going on. She hasn't even noticed that anything's wrong yet, so yay.

I'm currently on hold with Xbox Live customer support, trying to see if there's a way to keep my account, but not let the fuckos who robbed me charge shit to my account. I'm also going to see if there's a way to trace any account activity, so if the crooks are stupid enough to use my account, it gets flagged and they might be able to find them. Not counting on it, but who knows?

good idea

ALocksly on
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2006

D:

But food is wonderful. Cooking and eating a proper meal is an activity unto itself. Laundry is just cleaning.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
    edited November 2006
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Andrew_Jay wrote:

I don't know if this helps any, but I watched this recently, and it sure made me laugh.

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    Damn, I knew the guy in Dexter was in Six Feet Under. For some reason I barely recognized him.

Dynagrip on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    ElJeffe: Did you give the police the serial number to your 360?

Once in a while the police will roll somebody's house for dealing drugs or whatnot and find stolen property. They'll run the serial numbers on any electronics and reunite them with the rightful owners.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited November 2006
    ElJeffe wrote:

D:

But food is wonderful. Cooking and eating a proper meal is an activity unto itself. Laundry is just cleaning.

You could still eat, you just wouldn't get hungry.

That might actually suck, sort of takes the desire out of it. Nevermind!

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • YosemiteSamYosemiteSam Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    Ugh, how did I ever watch That 70s Show when it was originally on? This is a horrible show.
    This is my reaction to TV in general. It's not a lie that I only watch sports on TV these days. Sometimes I watch shows on DVDs, but like one show every season, TOPS, so like four shows a year.

Anyway ... I'm always surprised turning actual TV on again how much I used to watch it back in high school etc.
    Arrested Development.

Also: do you read Chuck Klosterman?

YosemiteSam on
    edited November 2006
    Jinnigan wrote:
    moniker wrote:

[im g]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/56/MLK_stone.jpg[/img]

actually, the more i think about it, the more angry i am

it's a retarded, boring, irrelevant design (MOUNTAIN OF DESPAIR HOO)

it isn't very educational

it doesn't (from what i can tell) have anything to do with The Black Struggle, as it were, other than some choice quotes

what the fuck is this? it's fucking useless

Jinnigan on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I just saw my first Wii ad.

Senjutsu on
    edited November 2006
    Jinnigan wrote:
    moniker wrote:

MLK_stone.jpg

Isn't it though? See my edit. I mean the guy who did this just made a stereotypical memorial design and put no thought or effort into it. It's going to become a spectacle rather than a tribute and serve nothing but a place to hock plastic MLK crap and cost way more than the budget (which is going to be needlessly large to begin with) will originally need.

What I would have done is nice and simple. Brass/bronze/granite statue of him sitting on a park bench at the base of the Lincoln reflecting pool (off center but with an alternate, empty bench to keep the symmetry) looking towards the Congress with his face held up by his hands in the stereotypical thinking position. (webbed with your thumbs under the chin) Maybe have some of his best quotes (or just an excerpt from the 'I have a dream' speech) carved into the bench.

moniker on
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Senjutsu wrote:
    I just saw my first Wii ad.

I saw my first last night.

I am excited.

Rear Admiral Choco on
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Gim wrote:

Arrested Development.

Also: do you read Chuck Klosterman?
    Chuck Klosterman -- no, I don't read him.

I've also watched like 8 episodes of Arrested Development on DVD. It's funny, but it's not my favorite thing ever. It's no -- say -- Kids in the Hall or anything.

This discussion has been closed.