As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2016: You'll go down in history...

• BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    Um, I'm confused as I'm already getting messages from Proxy the elf!

"A small token is on its way from the man who sold the world."

What the hell does that mean? I'm not supposed to be getting cheered all over on yet! I just barely started to stalk my target!

Whoever you are, karma will get you!

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Bloodycow wrote: »
    Um, I'm confused as I'm already getting messages from Proxy the elf!

"A small token is on its way from the man who sold the world."

What the hell does that mean? I'm not supposed to be getting cheered all over on yet! I just barely started to stalk my target!

Whoever you are, karma will get you!

You're either getting something Bowie related or Big Boss is going to jump out of the box you get sent.

metal-gear-alert.jpg

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    !

• SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Muahahahaha. The package is starting to come together.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    My Amazon cart is getting crazy, and the more I add the more it suggests

How is it easier to shop for a complete stranger than my family?!

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

Presumably, because the stranger will receive the gifts, be appropriately happy, and we all move on with our lives.

Family, though ... You'll be running into Aunt Bertha telling stories about that time you got her Captain America socks for Christmas, wouldyoubelieveit?, forever.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I mean yeah I thought everyone knew Bowie references! Come on that's bush league!

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    oops wrong thread!

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Remember folks, emails can be used for a lot of things when it comes to sleuthing! And wishlists are a thing in many places :twisted:

E-mails can show lots of things.

I want to do something more, but am not sure I will get to it.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Presumably, because the stranger will receive the gifts, be appropriately happy, and we all move on with our lives.

Family, though ... You'll be running into Aunt Bertha telling stories about that time you got her Captain America socks for Christmas, wouldyoubelieveit?, forever.

Aunt Bertha sounds lame, and Captain America socks sound awesome. As a matter of fact, I'm one of the weirdos who loves getting socks. New socks feeling is a wonderful feeling.

camo_sig2.png
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    I mean yeah I thought everyone knew Bowie references! Come on that's bush league!

For those not in the know, or those who simply love to jam:

http://youtu.be/Q7Bd3iJSFyE

• cornellcornell Registered User regular
    Santee, I know it's super early, but you're Canadian so I wanted to get it to you in time. Estimate is the 15th-22nd of this month, can't wait til you get it!

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Dear Santa,

I have written a bunch of text about what I do and don't like, and about what I already have, and stuck that text in this post:
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/36046006/#Comment_36046006

Please give it a look, because I have a lot of stuff, and that might help you avoid a duplicate.

Love and kisses

• ElinElin Registered User regular
    Santa I bought World of Final Fantasy and I will be buying Final Fantasy XV. This is inevitable.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    If Santa needs help working out stuff about me, there's always GnT Adventure chat on steam. Plenty of people to talk to. :D

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    If Santa needs help working out stuff about me, there's always GnT Adventure chat on steam. Plenty of people to talk to. :D

Plus, it's a fun place to hang out and chat.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    I did some self-stalking to see if my Santa would have any trouble.

I'm sorry. I lurk a lot.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular

Plus, it's a fun place to hang out and chat.

They ever get steam group chat on mobile?

4dm3dwuxq302.png

I'm sorry :( I haven't heard that song in a long while and it didn't even cross my mind.

Still, as soon as I get my gift I have to put up the Christmas tree so it has a place to hang out!

This has the added bonus of pissing off my wife, because she is a scrooge and hates it when people put up Christmas stuff before December.

So if I'm murdered, I apologize Santee, but just know it was worth it!

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Proxy requires top level clearance~
    Penny Arcade Steam group and/or G&T Adventure Team group invitation are required posthaste~

PROXY SERVES

Proxy the Elf on
    HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Proxy requires top level clearance~
    Penny Arcade Steam group and/or G&T Adventure Team group invitation are required posthaste~

PROXY SERVES

Sorry Proxy, ATeam membership requires proof that you're not a Russian spy. And all you do is shady backchannel spy messaging.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I don't think I really have much to add to what I sent in my initial IM to start, but figured for the sake of helping a prospective Santa:

If you forum stalk me, although I posted a lot in the thread I did get rid of Disney Infinity so figures for that wouldn't be a great idea.

I am 2X for shirts, but I work in an office so I'm not able to wear fun stuff very often.

Otherwise do whatever you like - see a fun toy or Lego kit or game? Chances are I'll enjoy it. I like to read, eat, drink booze/coffee, art, play games both digitally and board games, and I'm really, really easy to please. The only thing I ask is if at all possible please don't go 100% digital gifts like Steam because my son and niece get a kick out of the whole "physical package from random internet person" factor of secret santa.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Well, this is potentially worrisome.
    Got an email from my Santa, containing nothing but a picture of my Amazon wishlist.

Worrisome in part because it's a bit weird being stalked by a person who wants me to know I'm being stalked. It feels, I don't know, unwholesome for some reason.

But also because I've been really bad about keeping that updated. I mean, nothing on the list has come off of it, but it just hasn't been updated recently. Sorry about that Santa, I'll get on that later today. Would do it now, but I've got an appointment with the doctor soon.

see317 wrote: »
    Got an email from my Santa, containing nothing but a picture of my Amazon wishlist.

Worrisome in part because it's a bit weird being stalked by a person who wants me to know I'm being stalked. It feels, I don't know, unwholesome for some reason.

But also because I've been really bad about keeping that updated. I mean, nothing on the list has come off of it, but it just hasn't been updated recently. Sorry about that Santa, I'll get on that later today. Would do it now, but I've got an appointment with the doctor soon.
    see317 wrote: »

I guess this is a good call to all. I should check my wishlists people might find.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
    My wishlist has a Iron Man helmet in it

*runs and adds fullbody Spider-Man suit*

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I use my Amazon wishlist as a reminder list, mostly.

I would check with me first if you're gonna use it to stalk.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Mine is updated regularly.

Also, email from Santa! Haven't had a chance to go through it as I'm at work but it's ruddy exciting!

My mom sent me a box of Japanese snacks, which is amazing

But! My heart leapt into my chest thinking it was my Santa hitting it early.

• MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Reminds me that I need to go through and do a partial purge of those lists. Super bad about updating stuff like that.

Mechanical on
    I cleared out mine recently but most of the new things I've added have been ps4 games. Notable because I don't actually have a ps4. I'll go through and check it this weekend though

GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

Got an envelop in the mail, with a Metal Gear keychain. So yeah you guys were right. It also came with a cryptic note. If anyone is a MG aficionado please let me know if this means anything!
    ekmq7z84q3b8.jpg
    ehyqpodzpqs5.jpg

― John Quincy Adams
    edited November 2016
    It's obviously la le lu li lo

initiatefailure on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    So um, are you just not a Metal Gear Solid fan at all, or...?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    So checked wishlists.

I am ok getting things left on them. That being said, I do have a lot of steam games.

edited November 2016
    GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

A wonderful email arrived yesterday, full of merriment and joy! And also a question I will enlist the help of forumers with! FIRST THE GIFTS!

4tbCwVX.png

HOLY JOLLY BALLS OF STEEL THATS A LOT OF GAMES!!!!!! Thanks Santa! And the email says there's physical stuff coming later too :D

AS for the aforementioned questions santa posed.....
    With that said, Santa's got a question for you.
    I'm planning on bringing back Krampus in a big way. But, he's not going to be the shaggy headed goat horned demon of ages past. Today's kids just aren't that easily frightened.
    I mean, look at this:

Even back in the day those kids don't seem that worried about a goat demon cramming them into a wicker basket to carry them to hell for their trespasses against good behavior. A bit shocked, maybe, but that kid looks mostly bored by the whole thing.
    And his sister? She's sitting there picking out which apple she's going to eat for breakfast while her brother, mere inches away, is being crammed into a wicker basket by a demon that looks like second rate fetish cosplay (seriously, he couldn't even be bothered to match the feet up)....

So, clearly, Santa's got to step up his Krampus game something fierce to stay up to date.
    So, your opinion here: What'd be a more terrifying transport to hell for the naughty little monsters?
    Some kind of robot ninja dragon, or a giant space bug?

Now, I already said Space bug but I thought it would be interesting to see what you guys also figured.

Also, my santa appears to be unaware of my PC being fixed now so I now have info on him/her!!! Reverse stalking in prgress! They also live somewhere in the Rockies. I'm thinking it's a bear.

edit! extra codes for the games I already owned, GET EM WHILST THEY'RE HOT!
    Titan Souls
    https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=MPpfxtn74Eb6BDyT

Grim Fandango Remastered
    https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=cCN4kpRVef8rRdNw

Oxenfree steam key
    9FEPB-6GDYZ-WYF54

Big Classy on
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    You won't be getting too many hints from me Santa, but I do play regularly on my xbox one, ps4, and PC. Maybe some 3DS at bed time. I won't tell you what games I'm interested in, but so you know I am weak and just bought titanfall 2.

Steam: offday
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Giftget.gif

A package came!
    Vegeta checks it out!
    IMG_1122_zps9ghwfegz.jpg

It's heavy...wonder what's inside:
    IMG_1123_zps4qzpvgra.jpg

A heavy blue bag with a note!
    IMG_1124_zpswl55w7m6.jpg

Dover does it again! Excitement over 9000!
    IMG_1125_zps5ixw8klv.jpg

Bonus inside pics:
    3248d082-3bca-4962-a1d3-df109d9af658_zpsoneyefwk.jpg

IMG_1129_zpskqqrap1c.jpg

Thanks @MNC Dover ! I love it. It's an amazing artbook/collection. I've never been a fan of actual comics (comic properties sure), but this is amazing. I had no idea something like this existed and it goes well with all my Street Fighter/Megaman/BoF/FinalFantasy/etc artbooks.

Thank you so much. I will post some more images of the what's inside later today. The book is currently in the den of the sleeping girlfriend and woe to he who disturbs her slumber!

I love all the gifts. Thanks again!

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I grew up watching TF as a kid (born in 76, so I was 8 when it arrived in NA) so I know how amazing G1 can be. After collecting toys, shirts, and lunch boxes, I moved on to the comics. They were so completely different than the show. I mean Ratchet as the main character? Shockwave imprisoning Megatron and leading the Decepticons? Prime had no head forever? Spiderman showed up?

So yeah, they were bizarre in the best kind of way. Very campy. Then I got to read a UK issue featuring Jazz checking up on some kid. It was artistically different, a more serious story, and had Autobots/Decepticons taking real life-threatening damage from blasters and missiles. It shook me a little since I was so young, although nothing prepared me for the death coming from the movie.

Anyways, I saw this book, and after much stalking, found you loved TF. Can't wait to see more images from the book, since it looks like a good mix of the classic Marvel comics, the UK stuff, and more modern takes on the franchise.

Glad you enjoyed it and happy holidays!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited November 2016
    So um, are you just not a Metal Gear Solid fan at all, or...?

The only one I really put a ton of time into was MGS5. I finished the original MGS on playstation, but I was way more into Gran Turismo back then.

That doesn't mean I'm not a fan, just not super lore knowledgeable. Is this a bad thing or something? I still really dig the keychain.

Bloodycow on
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I don't see a picture of Krampus there in Big Classy's post.
    But a quick GIS for "Krampus" turns up this as the second result:
    kwupsm89vpry.jpg
    And it certainly seems to fit the description of a bored child being stuffed into a wicker box by a goat demon while his sister picks through a bowl of fruit.
    Definitely need to update Krampus' look.
    Personally, I think I'd have voted for the robot ninja dragon over the bug, but then I don't like bugs. They creep me out a bit too much to tie in with Christmas celebrations.

That said, my Santa has dropped a gift bomb on me that struck home today, so I guess I get to post this:
    GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif
    First, of course, the Christmas Tribble has to make it's inspection. It's tradition, and it hasn't been wrong about an explosive yet.
    clflqk7x1hqj.jpg

The package inspected and opened by the gentle, loving blade of the Christmas Tribble reveals a blue bag and a note rendered unreadable by the flash on my camera.
    72n0vo871o63.jpg

But a closer shot reveals that this is mearly package 1 of an unknown quantity gleaned from my Amazon Wish List
    7yrhgr4yyp50.jpg

Typically, I'd wait to determine how many packages where enroute, then open them all at once.
    But the Christmas Tribble is a bit testy about being woken up so soon after Halloween, and it still has the exacto knife.
    It's best to do as the tribble demands in these situations.
    3kqela12numc.jpg

Seasons 1,2 and 3 of Fringe. A show that I was only able to catch sporadically due to having to work when it aired, but enjoyed immensely when I could catch it.
    Gonna be a marathon coming up soon. Should be entertaining.

Edit: Also got an email from my Santa.
    Subject: Do you
    Body: Enjoy puzzles?
    I'm not particularly good at puzzles, but I'm up for a challenge if you've got one to share Santa.
    May have to bring in the forums if I can't figure it out though.

see317 on