As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2016: You'll go down in history...

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »
    a nu start wrote: »
    Hope you're ready for something a little weird, Santee.

How weird are we talking? Treats from an unknown country? Helicopter dongs? Severed heads? C'mon, you gotta give us something to work with...

Judging by the avatar, are we talking giant robots? Please be talking giant robots.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif
    AGAIN!

Got a package Friday and was able to open it yesterday.
    gw5gg295zvs5.jpeg

It contained a purty bag!
    cpqizmt8kls6.jpeg

Which contained Betrayal at the House on the Hill!
    vic0tzq8czhi.jpg

I love coop games, and was able to break this out last night at my local game shop. It was super fun and I see it coming out super regularly. Thank you very much Santa @TheRoadVirus!

camo_sig2.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    So, well, wow. I got a very large box yesterday that I briefly thought was stolen from our building but it needed signed for so they took it to the convenience store connected to our building who holds packages for some of the Tenants. Opening and posting will be soon!

• KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    jclast wrote: »
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif
    AGAIN!

I love coop games, and was able to break this out last night at my local game shop. It was super fun and I see it coming out super regularly. Thank you very much Santa @TheRoadVirus!

This game is fantastically fun! The last time I played, my wife sacrificed us to all to open a portal to hell. Good times!

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »
    a nu start wrote: »
    Hope you're ready for something a little weird, Santee.

How weird are we talking? Treats from an unknown country? Helicopter dongs? Severed heads? C'mon, you gotta give us something to work with...

Scissors are involved.

Number One Tricky
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif
    AGAIN!

Got a package Friday and was able to open it yesterday.
    gw5gg295zvs5.jpeg

It contained a purty bag!
    cpqizmt8kls6.jpeg

vic0tzq8czhi.jpg

I'm glad you guys liked it! Merry christmas and I hope you get a lot of use out of the gifts :)

edited November 2016
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

hey guess what. I have no idea how to react to this. I'm completely floored. Santa has not revealed themselves as far as I could tell, but the letter and gift are wonderful and I even saw on the gift receipt that they donated to St Jude's when they got this! Just a good person all around as far as I can see and I am definitely humbled.

Package
    Of course groot needs to check this out one out. i had a bigger photo to show the box size but i forgot to get rid of my address.

axEsfBx.jpg

Giftage
    SXFoHcy.jpg

Letterage
    LavQ2rX.jpg

initiatefailure on
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Whoa! What a gift!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

hey guess what. I have no idea how to react to this. I'm completely floored. Santa has not revealed themselves as far as I could tell, but the letter and gift are wonderful and I even saw on the gift receipt that they donated to St Jude's when they got this! Just a good person all around as far as I can see and I am definitely humbled.

Package
    Of course groot needs to check this out one out. i had a bigger photo to show the box size but i forgot to get rid of my address.

axEsfBx.jpg

Giftage
    SXFoHcy.jpg

Letterage
    LavQ2rX.jpg

I don't know, those capitalized numbers of people to pay this forward to seem to be oddly specific. Also, some odd capitalization in the first part of that letter.
    Checking the participants list, there is a username there with some familiar numbers. I'm not saying anything for sure one way or the other (beyond saying that I am not your Santa).
    But they are some oddly specific numbers.

Now, anyone got any other advice or ideas for the puzzle my Santa sent me?
    Cause you got me stumped Bearded Gift Goblin. My thinkmeats just don't brain the way yours do, I guess.

see317 on
    edited November 2016
    hmm... now i must investigate!

EDIT: Hey wait a minute! @lwt1973

initiatefailure on
    wait editing a post with an @ doesn't notify them... @lwt1973 are you my awesome santa?!

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    That is a great gift! Bravo!

• lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    I'm glad it arrived safely. I was worried as it showed delivered but there was no post about it. I thought you might've gone off the deep end of gaming or someone swiped it using your name.

Have fun with it!

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    I was worried they'd just leave it in our mail room. there used to be someone who lived here who apparently had friends stealing people's packages, but he got kicked out 4ish months ago, but that's why there's a deal with the shop-owner of a convenience store in the corner of the building that he'll hold packages for people. And when they needed someone to sign for it, they took it right to him so I was able to get it this morning!

i got it all out now though and set up. Honestly don't know what to do with it first. Does anyone have any ps4 specific recommendations on experiences worth diving into? I'm already thinking of bloodborne and Last of Us tomorrow. There's a lot coming out "soon(tm)" but I'm sure there's already a lot out now that i've been missing.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Last of us remastered has been Pro-ed
    And it should be cheap by now
    And it is incredible

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Uncharted?

I know they Pro'd up Hitman

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I was worried they'd just leave it in our mail room. there used to be someone who lived here who apparently had friends stealing people's packages, but he got kicked out 4ish months ago, but that's why there's a deal with the shop-owner of a convenience store in the corner of the building that he'll hold packages for people. And when they needed someone to sign for it, they took it right to him so I was able to get it this morning!

i got it all out now though and set up. Honestly don't know what to do with it first. Does anyone have any ps4 specific recommendations on experiences worth diving into? I'm already thinking of bloodborne and Last of Us tomorrow. There's a lot coming out "soon(tm)" but I'm sure there's already a lot out now that i've been missing.

World of Final Fantasy.

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular

There are a bunch of us ps4 peeps playing destiny, and its a pretty good game. Kinda has a Halo feel. Would only play if you're into that type of shooter, and the game is really enjoyable grouped up.

PSN: jfrofl
    Infamous Second Soon is beautiful and apparently even more so on the Pro!

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »

It's also super fun and an open-world game where you could check off all the side quests in a reasonable amount of time!

camo_sig2.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

It's also super fun and an open-world game where you could check off all the side quests in a reasonable amount of time!

I'm not sure you're thinking of the same game because no those collectibles are definitely not getting done in a reasonable amount of time.

Neon is the best power set though, super fun. Video is the worst.

Madican wrote: »

I'm not sure you're thinking of the same game because no those collectibles are definitely not getting done in a reasonable amount of time.

Neon is the best power set though, super fun. Video is the worst.

It did not take nearly as long as most games do with that sort of thing.

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I got a box!

But I can't open it yet cos I've been instructed to wait for more D::DD::D

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Boxes are always waiting for more D.

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Boxes are always waiting for more D.

heysexy.001.gif

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I'm just going to say it: The logical conclusion to this line of conversation is a dick in a box.
    ... NOBODY GET ANY IDEAS.

• MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I'm just going to say it: The logical conclusion to this line of conversation is a dick in a box.
    ... NOBODY GET ANY IDEAS.

But i've already had several! I can't just put them back now....

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    Santee- reindeer are inbound
    prepandlanding2.jpg

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
    Santa I'm starting my ps4 adventure with bloodborne (and redownloading a bunch of indies i got from having ps+ a few years ago)

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I'm thinking Santee is going to receive a fun random thingy

But also there's that steam sale looming in the days ahead

mwahaha

Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I have been so slacking off. I'm sorry santee. I'll kick back into gear soon.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Neat, the first gaming system of the season has been received!

Has any gift ever toped out that flight to the pokemon championships?

• QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Hey Santa!

With the book you sent me I have made and cooked TWO MEALS from scratch in the past two days.
    That's more than I've made in the past two years. Or maybe in my life. This is changing me, and my wife is very pleased.

Here is a picture of some Beanballs (meatballs but made with beans) I made tonight with some spaghetti and sauce.
    It doesn't LOOK appetizing because I'm yet to get the presentation down, but it's because of you that I made this and it was real tasty. So, thank you and merry christmas. I promise I won't post every meal I make. I just wanted to say thank you and that the book is seeing use.
    65jbuaz2jzd2.jpg

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • dalith14dalith14 Registered User regular
    Oh wow, well now you can try out ff15 on the pro, supposed to be a way better experience that way. In other news went shopping with the wifey yesterday, gifts incoming...eventually...mwahahahahaA!

• cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    ah missed it this year phooey - moving and a baby will do that to you. awesome gifts all around!

• noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Neat, the first gaming system of the season has been received!

Has any gift ever toped out that flight to the pokemon championships?

Bacon and books.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Didn't somebody get to drive a race car last year?

But yes, the flight to the Pokemon tournament was pretty great too.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    I remember someone driving a race car as well.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
    wait how did i miss seeing someone get to drive a race car?!

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Houn on