As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2016: You'll go down in history...

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I have been so slacking off. I'm sorry santee. I'll kick back into gear soon.

Don't think of it as slacking, think of it as ensuring the thread will have posts far into the holiday season.

• ElinElin Registered User regular

Don't think of it as slacking, think of it as ensuring the thread will have posts far into the holiday season.

I refuse to start shopping until after Thanksgiving.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »

I refuse to start shopping until after Thanksgiving.

I need to ramp up the stalking. Thus far I've not gotten much.
    Santee, what are you hiding?

PSN: jfrofl
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I have started stalking, and now I think I have a good idea but I'm deathly afraid of giving my target something they already own.

Ahhh this happens every year, and I love it. I sincerely wish that gift-giving to and from my family was like it is here on PA.

camo_sig2.png
  • MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    I have started stalking, and now I think I have a good idea but I'm deathly afraid of giving my target something they already own.

Ahhh this happens every year, and I love it. I sincerely wish that gift-giving to and from my family was like it is here on PA.

Well, i hear asking proxy or sleuthing out their SO's contact information works out pretty well.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    GiftGet2_zpskzjkrnqw.gif

A mysterious package arrived! I was in a small amount of trouble for another secret amazon order when I realized I hadn't ordered anything!
    Benjamin is the first to investigate this large and heavy box.
    IMG_20161115_175723_zpsnxbuptj4.jpg

Sister Olivia soon wanted in on the action and they both begin to unwrap. Foolishly I left Benjamin unsupervised for a split second and he managed to eat a significant amount of tape.
    IMG_20161115_175852_zps47xmnpxs.jpg

Goodie bags inside!
    IMG_20161115_180141_zpskqfhqflo.jpg
    Olivia is slightly distracted by something on the TV and Benjamin as always is distracted by whatever his big sister is up to.
    IMG_20161115_180146_zps791vsull.jpg

To the presents, with accompanying notes.

"Mucho, Pulled right from your game list. This looks great! Hope you enjoy. From Cornell"
    "While you play, don't trust the woman on the front of the box, she looks like she's up to something. Cornell"
    IMG_20161115_180346_zpsqe8jq0iq.jpg

"Mucho, This is the most Canadian stuffed animal I could find. I hope the kids enjoy! Cornell"
    IMG_20161115_180238_zpsmvxiuovm.jpg

"For whichever one of your kiddos you think is least Canadian. Cornell"
    IMG_20161115_180301_zpsv8dwcczo.jpg

Olivia claimed the elephant immediately so I suppose she self selected as the least Canadian :P. The elephant was a big hit and caused a minor tantrum at bath time when she wanted to continue playing. We spent pre-bed time playing with the new elephant and a big Ikea elephant stuffy she already has, she was very pleased.

The board games are awesome too! I'm really excited about Concordia this has been a game I've been trying to find for a while, I'll be reading the rules tonight. The box art is truly hideous though! Libertalia will be a hit with my friends.

Thank you so much for the amazingly generous gifts @cornell

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • FremFrem Registered User regular

Related, if you happen to be a target who is theoretically a huge board game fan, and you haven't updated (or even logged into) your board game geek account for a while, uh. Maybe do that!

It's possible you have incredible self restraint and haven't bought any board games for eons. But is it likely?

• cornellcornell Registered User regular
    El Mucho wrote: »
    GiftGet2_zpskzjkrnqw.gif

A mysterious package arrived! I was in a small amount of trouble for another secret amazon order when I realized I hadn't ordered anything!
    Benjamin is the first to investigate this large and heavy box.
    IMG_20161115_175723_zpsnxbuptj4.jpg

Sister Olivia soon wanted in on the action and they both begin to unwrap. Foolishly I left Benjamin unsupervised for a split second and he managed to eat a significant amount of tape.
    IMG_20161115_175852_zps47xmnpxs.jpg

Goodie bags inside!
    IMG_20161115_180141_zpskqfhqflo.jpg
    Olivia is slightly distracted by something on the TV and Benjamin as always is distracted by whatever his big sister is up to.
    IMG_20161115_180146_zps791vsull.jpg

To the presents, with accompanying notes.

"Mucho, Pulled right from your game list. This looks great! Hope you enjoy. From Cornell"
    "While you play, don't trust the woman on the front of the box, she looks like she's up to something. Cornell"
    IMG_20161115_180346_zpsqe8jq0iq.jpg

"Mucho, This is the most Canadian stuffed animal I could find. I hope the kids enjoy! Cornell"
    IMG_20161115_180238_zpsmvxiuovm.jpg

"For whichever one of your kiddos you think is least Canadian. Cornell"
    IMG_20161115_180301_zpsv8dwcczo.jpg

Olivia claimed the elephant immediately so I suppose she self selected as the least Canadian :P. The elephant was a big hit and caused a minor tantrum at bath time when she wanted to continue playing. We spent pre-bed time playing with the new elephant and a big Ikea elephant stuffy she already has, she was very pleased.

The board games are awesome too! I'm really excited about Concordia this has been a game I've been trying to find for a while, I'll be reading the rules tonight. The box art is truly hideous though! Libertalia will be a hit with my friends.

Thank you so much for the amazingly generous gifts @cornell

At least you know which kid to keep an eye on now. Glad you liked everything! Let me know how the board games go!

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »

Related, if you happen to be a target who is theoretically a huge board game fan, and you haven't updated (or even logged into) your board game geek account for a while, uh. Maybe do that!

It's possible you have incredible self restraint and haven't bought any board games for eons. But is it likely?

The board game thread is almost, but not quite, as bad as the Steam thread.

So, no.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    People that gift extra stuff to the kids are the epitome of classy.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Great boardgame choices! Always use the parrot and the monkey when playing Libertalia.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

I got Lego Wall-E last year and I've actually left it boxed up until about last month because I wanted my daughter to be able to help me with it. She's shown interest in it now so the last few nights we've opened it up and have started by separating out all the pieces in to little bags. We just finished that last night so she's very excited to actually start building him tonight. When he's done he'll be going on her shelf.

I also received a book FOR my daughter, called "The Trumpy Pony". Ok, it's not called that, but that's how she refers to it. It still gets read. A lot.

Gifts for kids are always classy.

I couldn't get involved with the secret santa this year sadly due to budget limits but I'm enjoying keeping up on this thread!

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Its kinda weird to see pictures of kids and vaguely recognizing them from previous years threads.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

So, no.

Limited only by the fact most board games are physical products and can't be immediately thrust upon each other's e-mail accounts.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular

So, no.

Limited only by the fact most board games are physical products and can't be immediately thrust upon each other's e-mail accounts.

Someday the 2 will combine and then everybody will own Small World 2 and Smash-Up on Steam.

camo_sig2.png
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular

So, no.

Someday the 2 will combine and then everybody will own Small World 2 and Smash-Up on Steam.

What's the board game version of "Bad Rats"?

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »

So, no.

Monopoly?

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular

So, no.

Just wait until the day when everyone has a 3D printer connected to their computer. You'll come home to find that someone made your printer spit out Munchkin Legacy, Roll For the Fluxx, and Monopolies of Catan.

If my Santa wants to do a board game for me, I might recommend stalking my Facebook and checking my photos - I recently reorganized my shelves and of course posted pictures of it.

Oh - if my Santa is still stalking me I should also mention that there is a second person in my immediate geographic area with the exact same name as me (my real name, not Lindsay Lohan) that could pop up. They live in nearby Auburn Maine and have a long history of track and field success. I assure you this is NOT me. I'm a tubby dude with a slight goatee who does nerdy shit like post pictures of board game shelves on Facebook.

• Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

I got Lego Wall-E last year and I've actually left it boxed up until about last month because I wanted my daughter to be able to help me with it. She's shown interest in it now so the last few nights we've opened it up and have started by separating out all the pieces in to little bags. We just finished that last night so she's very excited to actually start building him tonight. When he's done he'll be going on her shelf.

I also received a book FOR my daughter, called "The Trumpy Pony". Ok, it's not called that, but that's how she refers to it. It still gets read. A lot.

It never stops being awesome to hear this.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

So, no.

Mouse Trap!

Dunked in Vaseline

Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
  • Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Dear Santee: You don't know who you are, but rest assured I have not forgotten you. I just can't do Christmas until after Thanksgiving. But after that? Beware!

Dear Santa: Honestly all I need is Similac Baby Formula and Pampers Diapers, size 1. Ok, just kidding. Or Maybe not. But I don't think my 2.5 month old would want anything else!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Need to start putting in some work stalking my Santee but info is remarkably thin on them.

• HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Giftget_zps23212311.gif

A package showed up at my door today
    B2CB5E73BD97CFA7D5F036D5A6AAFDBCBFAB73636C166C9CF2pimgpsh_fullsize_distr_zpsyamiunum.jpg
    54B78B34AFBD586BFBBEDC7303B4190A24CB05423CCB797AD2pimgpsh_fullsize_distr_zps1foipaxu.jpg

Thank you for Cards Against Humanity and Catan, every year I planned on picking them up before the holidays to play with family but I always forget and then it's too late.

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    I open up steam this fine morning and...

Giftget_zps23212311.gif

0mwa5Go.png

Awesome! Been a while since I played a city sim game (last one I believe was anno 2070) and I'm starting to feel this itch that involves laying power lines and roads and oh no...

pHWHd2G.jpg
    So, I'm curious: how does one gift Steam stuff through Proxy? I didn't realize it was possible to gift through an intermediary; could someone Explain It Like I'm Five?

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Man I really hope my santee likes CaH... because i live in their city and every time i go to something of theirs, i get free packs. We sent our last batch of science packs to my GFs dad who's a geology professor to give as class prizes, but i still have reject packs from the last forum event they held.

• Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    So, I'm curious: how does one gift Steam stuff through Proxy? I didn't realize it was possible to gift through an intermediary; could someone Explain It Like I'm Five?

I am become Steamuser, Gifter of Games.

The short version is you buy a game, send it as a gift to Proxy.
    Proxy adds said game to inventory (NOT LIBRARY, DON'T MESS THIS UP PROXY!!), then friends (of not already) and gifts that game forward to the intended target.
    Providing a steamcommunity.com/id/xxx link is safest to make sure I friend/gift the right person since almost anyone can have a given Steam "name".

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
    Ah, I thought it would be something like that. Thank you, Proxy! May you never succumb to the freezing cold of the digital North Pole!

I assume the steamcommunity.com URL and the message intended for the recipient go into the message box when we send you the game?

So I was asked by Proxy to post my board game shelves for Santa along with my comic collection.

Comics are a bit tough because I don't buy many physical comics anymore, we started saving for a house and that's one of the expenses I sacrificed earlier in the year. I buy digital stuff occasionally, but not a ton. Truthfully comics might be tricky - at one point I thought about selling off my singles and I made a spreadsheet of the stuff I had back then (minus my 1 issues of a few series I wasn't willing to part with due to signatures and everything She-Hulk which I'll never get rid of as she's my favorite) - Link to Google Doc. I also have some trades - Rat Queens, Saga, and The Wicked and Divine come to mind. The list should give a good indicator of what I like to read though.

Here are my board game shelves as of a month or so ago - there might be a few small card games not visible (like Playtest This or our small Magic collection) but it should be everything else.
    3zhwc2s1gza1.jpg
    bxcc2m9921sr.jpg
    65j8vt44zkmt.jpg
    o0mvamh2e4mp.jpg

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    On the boardgames not digital discussion:

https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile/board-games-mobile-bundle

Just picked this up.

PSN: jfrofl
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2016
    Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png

ArcSyn
    046jkUR.png

Ooh my goodness that's amazing!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I guess Bill switched to menthols :D

Local H Jay on
  • Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular

I accept this offering!

Proxy is now scared of himself...

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    @Bobkins Flymo I can't find your post with the avatar spreadsheet, but I'd be glad to have my Waluigi cheerified when you have time.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    I keep getting the two of you confused.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

The mod star is basically the only reason I don't.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    @Bobkins Flymo I can't find your post with the avatar spreadsheet, but I'd be glad to have my Waluigi cheerified when you have time.
    Wait, I can make everyone happy!

WKfDw71.png

YL9WnCY.png
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited November 2016

So, no.

Have you heard of Tabletop Simulator because yeah ... someone probably made those for Tabletop Simulator.

Edit: Don't drink and post kids, you get game names wrong.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391