As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2016: You'll go down in history...

• ElinElin Registered User regular
    I'd help with the puzzles but I used an faq to get me through the Layton games.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Today, my gf and I went to the botanical garden. We walked around a bunch, explored new areas of the garden, ate lunch by a creek, and enjoyed the beautiful weather.

We get home, and what do I see waiting for me? Two boxes!

GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

What's in them?

Let's see.

First the Canadian box the insides of which rattle quite a bit.
    A whole bunch of unfamiliar candy! My favorite kind!
    IMG_20161119_165756.jpg
    Though I'll be honest, I've had Toffifee before and I LOVE it! I'll probably eat the whole box in two sittings at most.

Next box!
    A pile of gifts!
    IMG_20161119_165747.jpg
    Bam!
    IMG_20161119_170017.jpg

The haul.
    IMG_20161119_171318.jpg

Thank you mysterious Santa! (I don't believe you revealed yourself in any of the gifts, but maybe I'm not very observant?)

I'm eating Crunchie as I type this, which is crunchy and delicious.
    You nailed it. The candy all looks delicious, and will be devoured. I've heard great things about Monster Hunter and Luigi's Mansion and I'm excited to play them!

Gf is opening up Jaipur right now, will report our thoughts.

Thanks so much! It's an awesome haul!

minirhyder on
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    @minirhyder none of those pictures load for me. Broken links?

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    minirhyder wrote: »
    Today, my gf and I went to the botanical garden. We walked around a bunch, explored new areas of the garden, ate lunch by a creek, and enjoyed the beautiful weather.

We get home, and what do I see waiting for me? Two boxes!

GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

What's in them?

Let's see.

First the Canadian box the insides of which rattle quite a bit.
    A whole bunch of unfamiliar candy! My favorite kind!
    vx7jdWoUzTDk62aH9
    Though I'll be honest, I've had Toffifee before and I LOVE it! I'll probably eat the whole box in two sittings at most.

Next box!
    A pile of gifts!
    3LfzdiieyQwWQgvR9
    Bam!
    Fo8vvc5X3EY3Ae9S6

The haul.
    sAsgwYQ5tZwNz5Zr8

Thank you mysterious Santa! (I don't believe you revealed yourself in any of the gifts, but maybe I'm not very observant?)

I'm eating Crunchie as I type this, which is crunchy and delicious.
    You nailed it. The candy all looks delicious, and will be devoured. I've heard great things about Monster Hunter and Luigi's Mansion and I'm excited to play them!

Gf is opening up Jaipur right now, will report our thoughts.

Thanks so much! It's an awesome haul!

EDIT: Pictures work now.

@minirhyder pictures aren't working for me either.

Glad everything arrived at the same time, shipping on the candy lied to me and arrived way faster. Which worked out great.

I didn't reveal myself in any of packages but did drop a slight hint on the last page.

Hope you enjoy everything and merry early Christmas!

P.S crunchies are the best.

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Oh my, someone got you Monster Hunter so they have automatically won the thread. Jaipur is also an excellent 2 player game.

Drop by the MH thread if you've not played before, it can be tough to get into but it's so brilliant once it clicks.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    EDIT: STILL BRINGING THE JOLLIES

Big Classy on
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Oh snap, something I forgot to mention for my Santa!

I've been on a keto diet for the last few months, so as much as I would love to have them, it's probably best if you don't send any candies or carby foods.

noir_blood on
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »

I've been on a keto diet for the last few months, so as much as I would love to have them, it's probably best if you don't send any candies or carby foods.

Keep it up! Anecdotal evidence, sure, but it certainly helped me lose a lot of weight.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Uh oh what's THIS??

GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

AGAIN!

Had a parcel arrive this afternoon. Interesting shape. Very light.
    iv0zq3tnw4dy.jpg

After spending ages to find something sharp enough to cut in to it - I get it open and...
    eq914ehx00o8.jpg

Wow! Some fancy knives to go with my cooking book. While we do have some knives, these ones specifically designed for such a thing should make cooking waaaaay easier.

Also i'm pretty sure i'm going to be on a list now that someone from the internet (New zealand i think) ORDERED KNIVES TO MY HOME.

Thank you so much Santa. You've really gone above and beyond.
    Merry Christmas.

EDIT: Spoke to my dad who is a top chef (cooked for royals and stuff) and he said these were his favourite knives for the longest time. Santa clearly knows how to pick 'em!

Quical on
    NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »

Keep it up! Anecdotal evidence, sure, but it certainly helped me lose a lot of weight.

Same here. I've lost forty pounds so far. It's challenging sometimes, but it's also the only diet I've been able to stick with. I am going to have a cheat day on Thanksgiving, but other than that, it's meat, bacon, and cauliflower mashed potatoes for the holidays.

• KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

A package arrived from ThinkGeek this evening. I was about 95% sure that I hasn't already started Christmas shopping. Does Christmas in November continue?

<<<SNIP>>>

It's extremely rad! Thank you, Secret Santa!

I'm glad it arrived in one piece! Keep an eye on the mailbox...there should be one more surprise headed your way. Potentially something else if I can figure out how to do it. Happy Solstice! ;)

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    After catching up over in the Overwatch thread, santa...please no body pillows! Or really anything too nsfw.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    After catching up over in the Overwatch thread, santa...please no body pillows! Or really anything too nsfw.

Gotcha. One roadhog body pillow coming up.

• FremFrem Registered User regular
    Kendrik wrote: »
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

A package arrived from ThinkGeek this evening. I was about 95% sure that I hasn't already started Christmas shopping. Does Christmas in November continue?

<<<SNIP>>>

I'm glad it arrived in one piece! Keep an eye on the mailbox...there should be one more surprise headed your way. Potentially something else if I can figure out how to do it. Happy Solstice! ;)

There's more? o_O
    I'm torn between saying, "wait, no, that's good, you don't have to, you're already a great santa," and intense curiosity.
    Thank you! :D

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Another package received! It feels.....squishy!

I had to tear my eyes away before I saw the customs note on it but I didn't see anything, it's still a mystery! Now to await the final one and the letter from my ridiculously generous Santa.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • cornellcornell Registered User regular
    Santa! I got your email this morning with the tracking number and Steam gift.

A. You are wonderful.

B. I will put together a Gift Get post when the package is in, I just wanted to make sure you knew I got it.

So update.

I'm enjoying the hell out of Luigi's Mansion. Logged some 8 hours into it so far.
    Jaipur is awesome as well! The gf and I have played it a number of times already and loved it. It gets pretty intense!

Thanks so much @El Mucho!

I do have one Jaipur related question for you. How do you handle situations where there's only one token left for diamonds, gold, or silver? We've decided that under these circumstances you cannot sell your goods, and so these precious goods suddenly become worthless. It's made for a pretty interesting end-round meta.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    So update.

I'm enjoying the hell out of Luigi's Mansion. Logged some 8 hours into it so far.
    Jaipur is awesome as well! The gf and I have played it a number of times already and loved it. It gets pretty intense!

I do have one Jaipur related question for you. How do you handle situations where there's only one token left for diamonds, gold, or silver? We've decided that under these circumstances you cannot sell your goods, and so these precious goods suddenly become worthless. It's made for a pretty interesting end-round meta.

If you sold two silver when there's only one silver token left, you'd get the remaining silver token.

If you sold three silver when there are only two silver tokens left, you'd get the two silver tokens and a three sale bonus token. Etc.

Don't forget that Silver, Gold and Diamonds can't be sold individually, only in sets of two or more.

Have you done the thing yet where you fill the market with camels, forcing your opponent to take them all and give you a full new fresh market to choose from? It's a good feeling.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    So update.

Awesome, I'm glad you're enjoying everything!

For the rules question, I think it just becomes less efficient to go for diamonds, gold or silver if there is only a single gem left to claim. You are still required to trade in at least 2 of those types of cards but your return of a single gem makes it less efficient.

From the rules:

"When selling the 3 most expensive goods (diamonds, gold and silver), the sale must include a minimum of 2 cards. (This rule applies even if there is only one goods token of a given type left.)"

EDIT: Beaten by Jam Warrior.

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I bought all my gifts to assemble my little gift box yesterday. Excited to pack it and mail it out once all the stuff gets here.

This was my fault. I had... stumbled over some interesting wares over on Amazon while looking for Overwatch loot. The thought had crossed my mind to buy one as a joke for my santee, but then I figured I'd spend the money on more srsbsn gifts instead. Rest easy target, you're safe for now!

• Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Maybe some of us would feel safer sleeping cuddled up to Winston.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular

Winston? Pfft. Reinhardt for life.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

Winston? Pfft. Reinhardt for life.

Sign me up for a nice comfy Roadhog beanbag couch.

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Waits for a Bastion bodypillow that is just a pile of boxes.

• DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Santa, I made adjustments to list I have places. If you are snooping them, you may want to check again.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
    Ordered some stuff for santee. Should arrive over the next few weeks.

Now for the personal touch....

• acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    heh, one of these years someone's going to just completely fail to puzzlesanta turning puzzlesanta into a deadbeat, and they will be hailed as the hero of G&T:SS for slaying this puzzlesatan once and for all!

edit: joking, I love reading about the suffering puzzlesanta shares with us every year :D

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    heh, one of these years someone's going to just completely fail to puzzlesanta turning puzzlesanta into a deadbeat, and they will be hailed as the hero of G&T:SS for slaying this puzzlesatan once and for all!

edit: joking, I love reading about the suffering puzzlesanta shares with us every year :D

I don't think any puzzle santa will leave a santee out in the cold.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
    DyasAlure wrote: »

I don't think any puzzle santa will leave a santee out in the cold.

challenge-accepted.jpg

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    It happened you guys!

GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

My crack team of box inspectors were just lazing about:
    Indy!
    de0PxUX.jpg

Elsa!
    HijVGif.jpg

Doorbell and a box!!!
    Elsa snaps into action!
    gA3PGI3.gif

Octi has claimed it as his own:
    f6iXlgo.jpg

WHAT'S IN THE BOX MAN!?!?
    2WSYnTK.jpg

Oh man Castle Panic! I'm actually pretty excited. It was recommended at some point (either on the forums or in one of the chat rooms from the forums {steam, discord for WoW, wherever}) and I've been looking forward to playing it. Admittedly I had put it on the wishlist more for me to buy later! Still though! Thanks so much Santa, this will be perfect as I think we'll be playing this weekend! I have my brother over and his friend from college and we'll be on a game playing marathon.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Proxy informs me that I have two things on their way imminently! Something from over the pond later this week, to which I am already mega grateful for because fuck international shipping in 90% of circumstances. And something from within the U.S. that is...custom.

I didn't think I gave out any hints about custom things! I'm just a generic humanoid carbon unit.

You had my curiousity, Santa. Now you have my attention.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Disaster has struck!

Via PMs, My Santa, Proxy, and myself have figured out that my Santa's package for me should have arrived late last week, but did not. It was also rescheduled to be delivered today, but it was not.

I'm sorta hoping Santa is like the puzzle guy, but instead of puzzles it's pretending to lose a package.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Disaster has struck!

Via PMs, My Santa, Proxy, and myself have figured out that my Santa's package for me should have arrived late last week, but did not. It was also rescheduled to be delivered today, but it was not.

I'm sorta hoping Santa is like the puzzle guy, but instead of puzzles it's pretending to lose a package.

This is the saddest thing :(

GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

<<<SNIP>>>

There's more? o_O
    I'm torn between saying, "wait, no, that's good, you don't have to, you're already a great santa," and intense curiosity.
    Thank you! :D

A lot of my shopping for you MAY be vicarious wish-fulfillment on my part. I just kept going "oh, this would be cool! Oh, this would be cool!" until I went "Oh, I hope my wife doesn't ask about this..." :)

steam_sig.png
    Radiation wrote: »
    It happened you guys!

GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

gA3PGI3.gif

BUNNIES!!!!! I would have bunnies, but the dogs, cats, and Lizards would get jealous, so I look at fun gifs (JIFs) of them on the internet instead. :)

steam_sig.png
    What's the average response time from Proxy?
    I messaged Proxy about 6 days ago with no reply yet. What's the holiday protocol here?

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    What's the average response time from Proxy?
    I messaged Proxy about 6 days ago with no reply yet. What's the holiday protocol here?

Just ask. May have been overlooked or maybe just has nothing to communicate back yet.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    Should be pretty quick. Personally, my turnaround on Proxy has always been a couple of hours or so. Would definitely follow up as it sounds like your message just happened to fall through a crack.

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    It happened you guys!

GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

gA3PGI3.gif

BUNNIES!!!!! I would have bunnies, but the dogs, cats, and Lizards would get jealous, so I look at fun gifs (JIFs) of them on the internet instead. :)

They are hilarious as pets (though they don't interact with you much). Indy does the full speed hop thing around the basement the most. It's always hard to capture it on the phone though.

PSN: jfrofl
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Should be pretty quick. Personally, my turnaround on Proxy has always been a couple of hours or so. Would definitely follow up as it sounds like your message just happened to fall through a crack.

I sent one last week and still haven't heard back so it could also just be the santees not responding quickly.

edit: Try checking your person's profile. There is a last active portion that tells you when they were last here. Mine hasn't been back since a while before I sent my message so no surprise I haven't heard anything yet.

shadowane on