As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2017 Forum Badge

• Options
    zenprimezenprime That Cat that ain't a Cat T-Town, WARegistered User regular
    Vote 3!

PAXing till I Plotz
    xSBUZyE.png
    PAX Weast 2017 Status: Badges [X] Room [X] Fried Rice [X]
  • Options
    WellywokzWellywokz Registered User regular
    I vote 3. lol

• Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Well the votes are in and thanks to the use of proportional representation and not some odd college weighting system the popular vote has won!

A total of 37 votes were cast and the proportion of votes for each design option are as follows:

1) Loading Bar: 41%
    2) Streamer: 3%
    3) ARG: 57%

So there we have it, the ARG concept wins PAX East 2017 Forum Badge design. This can only be regarded as a good thing! Well done everyone for participating :)

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Well the votes are in and thanks to the use of proportional representation and not some odd college weighting system the popular vote has won!

A total of 37 votes were cast and the proportion of votes for each design option are as follows:

So there we have it, the ARG concept wins PAX East 2017 Forum Badge design. This can only be regarded as a good thing! Well done everyone for participating :)

Nifty =) ... Do we have a designer for it? If not I'd be up for offering my services.

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    @Solanales kropotkin normally does the designing and printing of the badge as well.

• Options
    @Solanales kropotkin normally does the designing and printing of the badge as well.

Sounds bueno =)

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    The forum badge does have a strict set of design criteria. This includes the presence of the crest and the list of names on the back. I do know what these criteria are so to hand it off to someone else would be difficult. However, any assistance you can give to its final design would be gratefully received.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    The forum badge does have a strict set of design criteria. This includes the presence of the crest and the list of names on the back. I do know what these criteria are so to hand it off to someone else would be difficult. However, any assistance you can give to its final design would be gratefully received.

Absolutely not trying to step on any toes. I just wanted to make sure this project could continue, but it seems like you have a great handle on things. I'm excited to see the outcome, but if there's anything that needs illustrated, I'll be around!

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular

I voted for the Loading Bar .....

I blame the false media coverage and voter turn out...

#NotMyForumBadge

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Good to see this still going strong. Missed the voting, but I was going to go for #3 anyways. Much obliged.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    This sounds awesome. Very excited, as always Kropotkin. Thanks for continuing to do this!

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    Hello all! I've developed some prototypes for the forum badge and they can be seen in the images below. Please let me know your thoughts on them:

FRONT
    161222%20PAX%20EAST%202017%20PA%20Forum%20Badge%20Front_zps6trwkiva.jpg

BACK
    161231%20PAX%20EAST%202017%20PA%20Forum%20Badge%20Back%20v1_zpshjtumj9i.jpg

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Looks cool so far.

One thing is Pokémon needs to be capitalized and have the accent mark over the e :biggrin:

So far I'm liking it (even though I wanted the loading bar) :P

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    jasonakaramjasonakaram NHRegistered User regular
    I'm late to the party this year but better late than never :) I would like to cast my vote for number 1.

• Options
    acaraba2acaraba2 Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    Always best to be late to party. I vote for #1 uno numbro.

jf7bixxxlknz.png

• Options
    Consti2tionConsti2tion Registered User regular
    I'd have to say, Loading Bar.

Alternatively, Line Simulator 2017 or some combination of both.

• Options
    Thank you for the votes people, but the badge theme was chosen some time back. If you could provide feedback and suggestions for the designs I have posted I'd appreciate it.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    This might make the badge a bit too busy with the background being actual pictures of crowds, but a couple of review blurbs ("10/10 would walk again"; "Is this a real game?") might be funny on the front. It does look great as-is, as always :)

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    SinoSamba wrote: »
    This might make the badge a bit too busy with the background being actual pictures of crowds, but a couple of review blurbs ("10/10 would walk again"; "Is this a real game?") might be funny on the front. It does look great as-is, as always :)

I too do not like the cover. I think I'll filter the images to make them more video gamey like and I love the idea of review quotes on the front!

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    As an avid player of simulation games, I approve of this badge

JfqWFk8.png
  • Options
    catheraainecatheraaine Web Developer OhioRegistered User new member
    edited January 2017
    I vote 3.

Or 1.

Unless 2 is a girl!

catheraaine on
    wAsKA6u.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I vote 3.

Or 1.

Unless 2 is a girl!

Voting ended in November last year as I explained in a post above and the ARG was selected. Please provide feedback to the current design.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    I share the opinion of adding reviewa to the front but I think keeping the blurbs really short so as not to make it too busy is important.

• Options
    macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    I like it.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    SinoSamba wrote: »

I too do not like the cover. I think I'll filter the images to make them more video gamey like and I love the idea of review quotes on the front!
    I did a quick search for "pixel crowd art" and came up with this. It's not PAX, but a portion of it could used as the layout is similar. Not sure how much "gamey" you'd like it to be. I also don't know if we'd need to ask permission to use it.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    MagnusCarterMagnusCarter Registered User regular
    My only suggestion for an improvement would be some form of dial for a step counter somewhere, could be analog or digital. Great work on the design again kropotkin

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    @MagnusCarter that's a cool idea! Perhaps one that is maxed out (all 9's) or just a blank space for us to fill in our own (for those that carry one irl).

5I7JEDi.png
  • Options
    flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    Looking good kropotkin!

• Options
    theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    yay forum badge!!

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • Options
    jasonakaramjasonakaram NHRegistered User regular
    Looking great!!!

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    as I have no design skills what so every I can't give any constructive comments except to say that I like the badge as is.

• Options
    DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    Couple of ideas for quotes:
    • "My feet are sore—perfect!"
    • "Great for agoraphobia!"

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback all. I shall make a new version this weekend.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Here is the new version of the PAX East 2017 forum badge:

The front has had the images pixellated and poster edges and step counter added:
    170204%20PAX%20EAST%202017%20PA%20Forum%20Badge%20Front%20v2_1_zps6nwyyqxp.jpg

The back has had the forest picture in the background also pixellated and poster edges added and the text has been amended to correct the spelling of Pokémon and added quotes.
    170204%20PAX%20EAST%202017%20PA%20Forum%20Badge%20Back%20v2_zps5fuaxmst.jpg

Let me know what you think!

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    Looks great!!! Step Counter is :+1:

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • Options
    robirexrobirex BostonRegistered User regular
    I love it :)

6pq9je4.png
  • Options
    Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    Very adorable and cheeky badge this year.

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • Options
    HAVOKNWHAVOKNW LANcouverRegistered User regular
    These are awesome. Can't wait to get my name on one and get it at East. It will be my first PAX East so I'm pretty excited.

• Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    Thank you for working to get this done again.

7B14287.png
  • Options
    bschorybschory Cambridge, MARegistered User regular
    Looks awesome! Thanks for doing this again!