As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Acquisitions Inc - The 2016 Blind Box Set

13»

• AsphoronAsphoron Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    I don't suppose you remember what was in each case individually? Trying to keep track of case contents in a spreadsheet -
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jh97o00uTukM_2zCNpCZU1L2Szb2VfLc9A10ZDD5fpo/edit#gid=251761967

I do. I'll add mine to the list.

• pvp_pandapvp_panda Registered User regular
    Based on the published odds. I estimate that the odds for a Skull pin should be around 1 out of 33.333

With 200 pins. We should see 4 green flame pins and 6 skull pins. So about a 2 to 3 ratio is what i expect the final spreadsheet observed odds to be

• pvp_pandapvp_panda Registered User regular
    FYI. The way i did this was to find the least common denominator for 1/8, 1/10, 1/20, 1/50 . Which was 200. With 200 pins and the printed odds, that would account for exactly 194 pins which leaves 6 left over for the ???? odds

What is very strange is that Green Flame seems vastly more common than 1/50. So far, it is closer to 1/20. Jeff seems to be 1/20 instead of 1/10, and Keg Robot seems to be more likely 1/10 than 1/20. I know we don't really know the ultimate results, but Jeff seems way too rare and Green Flame/Keg is way too common based on current trends. Based on the previous set, Skull should be equal to Polaroid (actually seems about true), while Green Flame should be the same as Cinnamon Roll Gabe, which seemed far more rare. It'll be interesting to see the tallies much later.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    So unlike last years set we're not guaranteed a complete set (minus 1 LE chaser) if we buy a case ? (I know this is true I'm just putting the question out there).

• KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    2hchu9t.jpg

Kris Straub betray me! I'm fed up with this world!

Keroan on
  • DashboardBroDashboardBro Registered User regular
    Asphoron wrote: »
    Well 2 Cases didn't net me a full set, but my luck did split the difference.
    hti33yyf8r0v.jpg

It looks as if you are in need of a "good enough" pin and I have 5 so I do have spares lol

• RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    c5rtp9wr9hvy.jpg

I got my case today! Almost a full set as well :D

1x CEO Omin
    5x Trap Roomba Binwin
    4x Jim "Jim" Darkmagic
    3x Intern Viari
    3x Intern Morgan
    1x Intern Aeofel
    1x Jeff, A Real Wizard
    1x K'Thriss Drow's
    0x "Good Enough"
    2x Helpful Keg Robot
    1x Green Flame
    2x Jim's Skull
    1x "Super Secret Pin"

However, I am most excited about this
    zyl1xkqls754.jpg

RILMS on
    OtyHMcu.jpg
  • The Mighty AntThe Mighty Ant Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Received my case and looking for a trade or two. Look me up on PinnyPals!

3x CEO Omin
    2x Trap Roomba Binwin
    5x Jim "Jim" Darkmagic
    4x Intern Viari
    3x Intern Morgan
    1x Intern Aeofel
    1x Jeff, A Real Wizard
    1x K'Thriss Drow's
    1x "Good Enough"
    2x Helpful Keg Robot
    1x Green Flame
    0x Jim's Skull
    1x "Super Secret Pin"

The Mighty Ant on
    1Ev79LH.png

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/themightyant
    “We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw
  • thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    Received my case and looking for a trade or two. Look me up on PinnyPals!

What was in your case?

• DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Finally received my case today and this is what I got.....eawz19x2nmmk.jpg
    The only pin I need now is Jim Darkmagic....I got the Jeff pin already :)

Devereaux on
    Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
    From today's merch newsletter:

Acquisitions Incorporated Blind Box Set

We’re so happy that you guys have been enjoying our Acquisitions Blind Box Set. A lot of work and time goes into the planning of these, but sometimes we make mistakes. Due to the feedback that you guys gave us for our first official blind box set, we wanted to make the rares a little easier to get. Somewhere in the process, we made a mistake with the Keg Robot, Skull Brooch, and Green Flame and didn't update the box with their new rarity level. We apologize for that confusing weirdness, and we'll do better next time.

• HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular

We’re so happy that you guys have been enjoying our Acquisitions Blind Box Set. A lot of work and time goes into the planning of these, but sometimes we make mistakes. Due to the feedback that you guys gave us for our first official blind box set, we wanted to make the rares a little easier to get. Somewhere in the process, we made a mistake with the Keg Robot, Skull Brooch, and Green Flame and didn't update the box with their new rarity level. We apologize for that confusing weirdness, and we'll do better next time.

And THIS is why I didn't buy an AI case when they came out.

(This is not why I didn't buy an AI case when they came out.)

Also, I'll be patiently waiting for all the people harassing the number-crunchers about how they were wrong/not a big enough sample size/don't know what the total print run is/etc. to stop on buy and apologize.

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    You used the wrong spelling of "by" there, Hingo.

WHERE'S MY PARADE?!

krv4O4I.jpg

I'm the @adambarg of non-video PA slams!

• eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Got my case and got nearly a full set....
    (sorry for the crap lighting too :/)

mi5rn7bfne0k.jpg

elo on
    0j92muX.png
  • youngeric86@gmail.comyoungeric86@gmail.com Registered User regular
    Got my case

1x CEO Omin
    3x Trap Roomba Binwin
    0x Jim "Jim" Darkmagic
    3x Intern Viari
    2x Intern Morgan
    1x Intern Aeofel
    3x Jeff, A Real Wizard
    2x K'Thriss Drow's
    4x "Good Enough"
    3x Helpful Keg Robot
    1x Green Flame
    1x Jim's Skull
    1x "Super Secret Pin"

• Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    3x Jeff, A Real Wizard
    2x K'Thriss Drow's
    4x "Good Enough"
    3x Helpful Keg Robot

Now that's a nice pull.

• PavioPavio Registered User regular
    Has anyone else not had theirs shipped yet? I ordered on November 28th and I haven't heard back from the store yet about why it hasn't shipped. I have the confirmation and they have my money.

I ordered some other pins (Luigi) yesterday and they've already shipped this morning, so I'm a little concerned.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • astroboiastroboi Melbourne, AusRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    My AI case:
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/5q/i5elg9qrulrz.jpg
    Got everything except Aeofel - which I was able to trade @limedragonfly for :)

astroboi on
    Convenient!

• ArinochArinoch Registered User regular
    Just got my sole box, as I'm expecting more for Christmas, and got Morgan and Jim's skull...since I want the trio, Viari and K'riss the most I don't know if I'm lucky or not for getting the skull!

What's the ratio of people getting a complete set from a case vs. not?

• InterestingMixInterestingMix A little bit of everything really Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Late to post, but here's AI results from my Case, pins shown in the positions for their box in the case (for those that are interested in such detail).

I also grabbed 2 individual boxes with some decent results

tkvugr56h3ll.jpg

k9moedurn85u.jpg

m6s4s1d.png

Woosh!
  • theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    RILMS wrote: »

zyl1xkqls754.jpg

:surprised: I can't believe I didn't see this before

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    RILMS wrote: »

zyl1xkqls754.jpg

:surprised: I can't believe I didn't see this before

I showed it to Patrick when I met him at South. He laughed :)

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • ahstoddardahstoddard President-kidnapping Ninja Houston-ishRegistered User regular
    Just got my case in, but no special pin. Unless I'm missing something and I have to dismantle the box like some CAH trick, but I doubt that.

B2YfFSb.png
  • MadkineMadkine AustraliaRegistered User regular
    The page still states that a special pin is included, so contact PA. The best best is merch@penny-arcade.com

• ahstoddardahstoddard President-kidnapping Ninja Houston-ishRegistered User regular
    Madkine wrote: »
    The page still states that a special pin is included, so contact PA. The best best is merch@penny-arcade.com

Yeah, still waiting on my response from that. Did manage to otherwise get a full set after buying a couple boxes at South and thus starting my venture into Pinny collecting.

B2YfFSb.png