As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] of Lovecraft: West Victory!

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I guess you'll think twice next time, eh Spectre?

How can someone think twice? Doesn't one just continue to think the first time?

That's what you think.

Should I think twice?

I think not.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

That's what you think.

Should I think twice?

I think not.

Touche.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007

That's what you think.

Should I think twice?

I think not.

Touche.

I don't think we should continue this any further.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'll think about it.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I thought I told you to cut that out.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I thought I told you to cut that out.

I thought not.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    !exhume Zanmatto, we need someone on #2 for the gravedigger's son to dig up.

That doctor sounds creepy, if the arsonist targets him we'll loose our vig. :? Better watch out.

Aldo on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Aldo wrote: »

That doctor sounds creepy, if the arsonist targets him we'll loose our vig. :? Better watch out.

I almost forgot you were playing in this game. :P

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »

Yeah, that happens when you spend all your time underground poisoning rats.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Yeah, that happens when you spend all your time underground poisoning rats.

Also you might have to make a new vote since I am not sure if votes that are edited in this one count.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Also you might have to make a new vote since I am not sure if votes that are edited in this one count.
    oh, woops. I forgot some lime.

!exhume Zanmatto

Aldo on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    TheFallenLord will be filling in for mightyspacepope.

Elendil on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    exhume Zanmatto

He's got to be undead, I think.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, last night was certainly enlightening. On the bright side we only have to kill one person to stop the revenant numbers from growing. On the other hand it seems the cultists can't kill him, so either the village or one of our specials will have to do it, or we have to hope a revanent gets him. With all these factions and limited crossfire between them, things could be getting hairy fast.

Cultists: 0 to 5 remaining (if cultists can become revenants; otherwise there's at least one)
    Revenants: at least 1, probably 2 max (assuming each revenant gets a kill, which seems to be implied by the no contact thing; if that's not the case there could be up to three).
    Herbert Wests: 1

Clarification: What is the village's win condition?

Clarification: Is exhuming a revenant sufficient to kill it, or do we also have to target it with the vote or a special kill the next day?

Smasher on
  • Options
    TheFallenLordTheFallenLord Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hello, gentlemen.

!exhume LaOs - I'm betting LaOs is a villager. Back when I played a few games, the baddies always went for the people who were posting useful information first. It'd be good to find out.

Reserving my kill vote for later. I'm caught up on the thread, but I will be doing some filtering to try and find a likely target.

TheFallenLord on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hmm, I kinda have the idea Saburbia is the doctor, the way he reacted to my post made me look through what he has done in this game. The most important thing: He's still alive. Why would the bad guys take out so many veterans but leave him alive? Maybe they tried killing him, but it failed?

Look at Night 4 results:
    Qorzm - Slain, partly chewed - Villager - Watcher
    Lady Eri
    Last Son
    DevoutlyApathetic - Torched - Villager
    Richy - Shot - Revenant

to interpret these: Richy chewed Qorzm, Qorzm killed Richy
    Vote took out Eri
    DA was killed by the arsonist

Which would mean the bad guys only got 1 kill in.

I'm not sure, but it could mean Saburbia's the guy who never washes his hands, but it wouldn't explain why he's been trying to lay low. He has posted a lot, but most posts are either jokes or following established bandwagons.

So: If my assumption that Saburbia was attacked by the bad guys is right, that means he is either the guy that never washes his hands OR the doctor.
    IF he is that special he is useless to the village now, because his friend is dead.
    IF he is the doctor, he should be voted out right now to prevent further damage.

!kill Saburbia

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Jesus God, this phalla is slow.

I'm off to bed, so I won't be around to defend my statement or to show examples of Sab following bandwagons and not adding much himself (note how I said "much" and not "not at all").

Good night y'all, hopefully something comes from this.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Aldo you hurt me, you call me useless and a baddie.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hmm, I kinda have the idea Saburbia is the doctor, the way he reacted to my post made me look through what he has done in this game. The most important thing: He's still alive. Why would the bad guys take out so many veterans but leave him alive? Maybe they tried killing him, but it failed?

Look at Night 4 results:
    Qorzm - Slain, partly chewed - Villager - Watcher
    Lady Eri
    Last Son
    DevoutlyApathetic - Torched - Villager
    Richy - Shot - Revenant

to interpret these: Richy chewed Qorzm, Qorzm killed Richy
    Vote took out Eri
    DA was killed by the arsonist

Which would mean the bad guys only got 1 kill in.

I'm not sure, but it could mean Saburbia's the guy who never washes his hands, but it wouldn't explain why he's been trying to lay low. He has posted a lot, but most posts are either jokes or following established bandwagons.

So: If my assumption that Saburbia was attacked by the bad guys is right, that means he is either the guy that never washes his hands OR the doctor.
    IF he is that special he is useless to the village now, because his friend is dead.
    IF he is the doctor, he should be voted out right now to prevent further damage.

!kill Saburbia

I see anything here that implicates Saburbia. Unfortunately, Aldo has said hes logged off, so he isn't available to clarify. Its just not falling in to place for me.

TheFallenLord on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    There have been a grand total of 5 red votes so far today, and at least 4 of them (Durax, Satan Himself and Fluffly) seem like joke votes.

This makes it quite tempting to attempt to bandwagon the one person who is attempting to use logic (Aldo). On the other hand, with the thread as dead as it is today, why would a baddie post at all....

vote saburbia

At least this way the vote will mean something.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    vote saburbia
    slow tonight eh?

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Aldo's logic is kinda weird, he says he thinks a cultist kill was blocked last night, and since I am a old school player and still alive he thinks I was targetted which means I am either a guardian or the doctor.

Howeve I am pretty sure there are plently of old time players still alive and it doesn't seem like they are the ones being targetted only.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Aldo's logic is kinda weird, he says he thinks a cultist kill was blocked last night, and since I am a old school player and still alive he thinks I was targetted which means I am either a guardian or the doctor.

Howeve I am pretty sure there are plently of old time players still alive and it doesn't seem like they are the ones being targetted only.

Yeah, I don't follow his reasoning either. If you can be accused of "following bandwagons" and "not contributing" his posts follow the same pattern. I'm tempted to throw a vote his way, just for the sake of following his logic to a different conclusion.

TheFallenLord on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Remember guys, Dr. Reanimator can "convert" a living player into a revenant as well, just in case we find two full graves.

!Vote Saburbia

!Vote Laos

Clarification: Does the "revenated" living player need to be exhumed to be killed like other revenants? Or does the "revenation" count as a kill on that person, with their name showing in the narration?

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Well I have class and am going to be taking the train back home so I won't be around for a few hours.

Don't bandwagon me too hard now.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    You know, you're right. Saburbia has been pretty quiet compared to the other Phallas I've played with him.

I assumed he just grew up a bit in the time I took a break from playing. :P

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    MrBallbagginsMrBallbaggins Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Exhume Laos. I am going to hold off on my execution vote until I review the past couple pages.

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I don't get it, but girl is making delicious strawberry pizza right now. So I !vote Saburbia and !Vote LaOs.

Quid on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Bad Quid! Bold your votes!

Speaking of votes, looks like my !vote for Saburbia might actually accomplish something today.

Smasher on
  • Options
    MrBallbagginsMrBallbaggins Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, B:L is striking me as very suspicious, but there's nothing to really go on so I guess I'll go ahead and vote Saburbia.

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, there's a problem with Aldo's logic in that Saburbia is not the only old school or vocal player still in the game, so why target Saburbia specifically?

Also, village, remember that if you bandwagon someone too hard, you make it easy for the bad guys to hide inside the bandwagon. I don't have a problem with us killing off Sab, but I want to see who our other suspects are.

I'll vote to exhume La0s for now, red vote to follow.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'm going to !vote for Aldo.

His logic isn't.

TheFallenLord on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Is it customary for bad guys to start bandwagons though? It's awfully risky. Then again I suppose it's possible that the bad guys nominate one of their number to be the vocal opinion leader to keep people away from voting them.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Smasher wrote: »
    Well, last night was certainly enlightening. On the bright side we only have to kill one person to stop the revenant numbers from growing. On the other hand it seems the cultists can't kill him, so either the village or one of our specials will have to do it, or we have to hope a revanent gets him. With all these factions and limited crossfire between them, things could be getting hairy fast.

Cultists: 0 to 5 remaining (if cultists can become revenants; otherwise there's at least one)
    Revenants: at least 1, probably 2 max (assuming each revenant gets a kill, which seems to be implied by the no contact thing; if that's not the case there could be up to three).
    Herbert Wests: 1

Clarification: What is the village's win condition?

Clarification: Is exhuming a revenant sufficient to kill it, or do we also have to target it with the vote or a special kill the next day?

1. Pretty much if West, the Cultists, and the revenants (their West is dead condition) fail, the village wins. The village could win with the revenants if the latter manage to off West, though. Other win conditions overlap, too, so this could theoretically end with two winning factions.

2. The latter. There's a reason I gave the village a fuckton of killing power. :P (Yes, the Searcher may target Revenants.)
    B:L wrote: »
    Clarification: Does the "revenated" living player need to be exhumed to be killed like other revenants? Or does the "revenation" count as a kill on that person, with their name showing in the narration?

It's another "black" death, so yeah.

I've waited five days to make that pun.

Elendil on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    I assure you that my vote was not a joke.

Satan. on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm going to !vote for Aldo.

His logic isn't.

I agree. I really can't see why he was targetting Saburbia specifically over others.

!vote Aldo

But I think we should look closely at who hops on the bandwagon for Saburbia. Aldo did make it pretty easy for baddies to glom on without much suspicion.

Medopine on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I think there are a few groups that we should look at. The people who are hopping on saburbia's bandwagon and the people who hopped on the lady eri bandwagon after i presented some less-than-stellar logic a few days ago.

In both cases, the reasons presented against both players weren't very convincing yet there were a lot of votes quickly tossed in their direction.

!vote aldo because I think we should turn the saburbia train around and !vote to exhume La0s although I'm pretty certain La0s was a plain old vanillager.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I am going with
    !Vote Saburbia by fire you will be purged

And arise !Vote Laos

Brainleech on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    WTF is this Saburbia bandwagon?

Satan. on
  • Options
    PicardathonPicardathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    WTF is this Saburbia bandwagon?

Yeah.
    The only reason that I can think to vote for him is that he's been to innocent, or something.
    Aldo doesn't seem like a good target, he's just got faulty logic.
    !Vote B:L, as he seems much more suspicious to me. He hasn't been as proactive as he usually is either. His only initiative targeted two innocents as well (Qorzm, CJ), one of whom ended up being a watcher.

Picardathon on