As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DC Movies] Finally, Billy Dee Williams gets to be Two-Face.

19495969798100»

• BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    Kadoken wrote: »
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Suicide Squad still great for the first hour hatters gonna hat.

hqdefault.jpg

Batman TAS and the DCAU are some of the best things ever made by a human.

If you think Burton's overrated or lost his way, we have a shit ton to thank for basically inspiring TAS with Batman '89

Burton's great for inspiration, but they did more with the series in thirty minutes than he did in 2 movies.

Burton created the look, TAS created the story.

I was actually just talking with a coworker the other day about how Batman '89 works great as a tone piece for the Batman The Animated Series to build off of, using its aesthetic and its sound and worldbuilding as a backdrop for actual writing to take place in. Batman TAS then went on to act itself as the soil which pretty much the whole DCAU grew out of.

It's weird to see Tim Burton in the state he and his career are in now, and compare that to back when he produced work that still has its blood in entire wings of an entertainment industry.

BloodySloth on
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Fascinating. I'd love to know how movies that include parts that seem to indicate that the makers know what they're doing wind up a mess.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Fascinating. I'd love to know how movies that include parts that seem to indicate that the makers know what they're doing wind up a mess.

99% of the time the answer is "executive meddling."

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »

99% of the time the answer is "executive meddling."

Seems to be the case with Suicide Squad. That whole "come back and make the movie funnier" stuff at the end seems like it got mashed in and the editing of it was terrible.

Anyone else want to make the new thread? If so go ahead.

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I know it's redundant at this point but I will never get over how goddamn stupid that Joker looks.

Professor Snugglesworth on
    Lego Batman Movie blind bag figures:

15128827_10154181588043403_763246139115015344_o.jpg

FAIRY BATMAN.

• Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Dat Harley :heartbeat:

kyrcl.png
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Oh my gods I just noticed Dick Grayson is holding a bottle of Shark-Repellent Bat Spray!

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Eraser Head?

• GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Christina Hodson, who seems to be a new face to the scene, is writing the Harley Quinn movie, which maybe a Birds of Prey movie with Harley as the main villain.

Her only writing credit so far is this:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/shut_in

A crap movie that flopped badly and is disliked by audiences and critics. So, things are not looking good.
    Gaddez wrote: »
    Christina Hodson, who seems to be a new face to the scene, is writing the Harley Quinn movie, which maybe a Birds of Prey movie with Harley as the main villain.

Unless I've grossly underestimated Harley I don't think she'd need an entire team to bring her down.

It'll probably be more of an adventure comedy chase movie. Harley probably won't have some big scheme to take over Gotham or whatever. She'll probably just run around the city causing trouble, maybe with her friends Catwoman and Poison Ivy, and the Birds of Prey have to track her down.

Sounds like something the animated department would do.

• KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    But animation is for kids. So in the live action movie, Harley will be causing trouble in S&M shops, stripe clubs, and brothels. In fact, the Birds of Prey will try to track Harley down by infiltrating a club posing as strippers.

KingofMadCows on
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    But animation is for kids. So in the live action movie, Harley will be causing trouble in S&M shops, stripe clubs, and brothels. In fact, the Birds of Prey will try to track Harley down by infiltrating a club posing as strippers.

whoreswhoreswhores

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    Eraser Head?

And King Tut!

(He gave his life for tourism!)

• DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Eraser Head?

And King Tut!

He's my favorite honky !

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Eraser Head?

And King Tut!

He's my favorite honky !

BORN IN ARIZONA!

MOVED TO BABYLONIA!

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Eraser Head?

And King Tut!

He's my favorite honky !

BORN IN ARIZONA!

MOVED TO BABYLONIA!

GOT A CONDO MADE OF STONE-A.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Justice League Thanksgiving

NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpa-Kbi1gxo

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Not exactly movies but still hilarious:
    gcia1fqcmzsx.jpg

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    Remember when Billy Dee Williams was Harvey Dent in Tim Burton's Batman movie, but never became Two-Face?

Follow-up question: will the Lego Batman Movie be the most awesome Bat-flick ever or what?

fkswsciwi5pufm1wd5b5.png

The Two-Face we need. The Two-Face we deserve.

I believe in Harvey Dent.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    What a thoroughly weird, bizarre, yet totally awesome callback.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Billy Dee Williams side is rad, what with that hair on the other face though?

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Kadoken wrote: »
    Billy Dee Williams side is rad, what with that hair on the other face though?

It's what happens when you have tainted Colt 45 thrown in your face.

TexiKen on
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Rasta dreds?

I guess half his face was Chewbaccaed off.

edited December 2016
    Behind the scenes for Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjVTCYob59U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaczgeZ9Qlc

Harry Dresden on
    "OK, I want everyone to have as much fun as possible. You need to get all the fun and happiness out of your system, I don't want to see any of that on the screen. Completely exhaust all your joy and excitement so that all you're left with is a sad dreary shell of a person when we shoot."

-Zack Snyder

I guess half his face was Chewbaccaed off.

"Still a chance to save Ha...lf of my face."

"OK, I want everyone to have as much fun as possible. You need to get all the fun and happiness out of your system, I don't want to see any of that on the screen. Completely exhaust all your joy and excitement so that all you're left with is a sad dreary shell of a person when we shoot."

-Zack Snyder

Exactly, he's doing this with Justice League. Put that shit on screen, Snyder!

• NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    So I saw parts of some kind of DC show/movie yesterday during my lunch break. I saw Bats fighting some guys in a warehouse and Superman fighting Doomsday. That's all I've seen and I think all I need to.

Batman tossing around grown men like sacks of laundry was ridiculous and awesome. He stabbed people though? Like one guy he just straight up stabbed him in the chest with a (I'm the) goddamn (batman!) knife. The batarang to the chest I can kinda understand. A razor sharp shuriken is not intended to just disable guns and lights, it's meant to inflict pain and damage. Still cool, kinda like something out of the Arkham games, IMO.

The fight with Doomsday was AWESOME! Pow boom zzzaap! The physicality of the fighters felt real. Wonderwoman showed up for some reason, she and her theme were awesome. I like how Supes first plan is to take the fight to outer space. Makes it look like he is concerned about collateral damage. Doomsday looked good.

I hear there is a shitty and meaningless movie attached to these scenes. Doesn't matter, saw punching, was good punching.

Nobeard on
    Doesn't disappoint.

https://youtu.be/cdiFhv3gsyo

Nobeard wrote: »
    So I saw parts of some kind of DC show/movie yesterday during my lunch break. I saw Bats fighting some guys in a warehouse and Superman fighting Doomsday. That's all I've seen and I think all I need to.

Batman tossing around grown men like sacks of laundry was ridiculous and awesome. He stabbed people though? Like one guy he just straight up stabbed him in the chest with a (I'm the) goddamn (batman!) knife. The batarang to the chest I can kinda understand. A razor sharp shuriken is not intended to just disable guns and lights, it's meant to inflict pain and damage. Still cool, kinda like something out of the Arkham games, IMO.

The fight with Doomsday was AWESOME! Pow boom zzzaap! The physicality of the fighters felt real. Wonderwoman showed up for some reason, she and her theme were awesome. I like how Supes first plan is to take the fight to outer space. Makes it look like he is concerned about collateral damage. Doomsday looked good.

I hear there is a shitty and meaningless movie attached to these scenes. Doesn't matter, saw punching, was good punching.

It was pretty stupid how Wonder Woman's sword was clearly able to wound Doomsday, she even chopped off his hand. So why didn't they just have Wonder Woman chop his head off? And if Doomsday is still moving after that, have her get the Kryptonite spear to stab him in the head. Or have her give the sword to Superman and she can use the Kryptonite spear.

edited December 2016

It was pretty stupid how Wonder Woman's sword was clearly able to wound Doomsday, she even chopped off his hand. So why didn't they just have Wonder Woman chop his head off? And if Doomsday is still moving after that, have her get the Kryptonite spear to stab him in the head. Or have her give the sword to Superman and she can use the Kryptonite spear.

Can't let a woman steal Superman's spotlight, i guess. Wonder Woman's used to that.

Harry Dresden on
    edited December 2016

Yes.

You haven't seen anything yet, this Batman is a full on killer. That was him holding back. I agree the bat shurukens are there to hurt criminals, except this Batman loves high body counts. He's not Nolans Batman.

He loves to shoot people too. Ordinary people.
    The fight with Doomsday was AWESOME! Pow boom zzzaap! The physicality of the fighters felt real. Wonderwoman showed up for some reason, she and her theme were awesome. I like how Supes first plan is to take the fight to outer space. Makes it look like he is concerned about collateral damage.

It was an improvement, sort of. Too bad they didn't care about this during their fight in Gotham. They still have a lot to learn from Marvel and the Arrow-verse.
    Doomsday looked good.

He reminded me of the cave troll in the LOTR movies.

Harry Dresden on
  • NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    He reminded me of the cave troll in the LOTR movies.

Wow, he does. He looks exactly the same, like I would believe that they just stole the model whole cloth. Eh.

As for Batman killing people with guns, that could maybe possibly be an interesting what-if story. Not the way to introduce him in your new shared universe, obvs.

Not much else to say except :heartbeat: to all the folks who suffered through the whole shit buffet so I could pick out the morsels worth eating.