As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How to use my Ipod Shuffle without god damned itunes

StormwatcherStormwatcher BleghBlughRegistered User regular
Well, I have a cute and cool itty bitty ipod shuffle, the silver clip kind. And I'm fed up with all the itunes bullshit. I wanna load my ipod with my music without waiting 2 days for it to "sync".

Only thing is, I don't know where to start the search... Do you guys know any cool apps or plugins that could free me from the shackles of crappy software?

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
camo_sig2.png
Stormwatcher on

• Options
    NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Why is it taking "two days" to sync?

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Narian wrote: »
    Why is it taking "two days" to sync?

I have no idea. I've set it to convert the songs to aac128, but I've done that before and it was decently fast. Now I'm waiting since the day before yesterday and it's eternally syncing........

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Have you tried unplugging it then plugging it back in?

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    sure :(

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I use Winamp's media player handler and that's pretty sweet. It takes a little bit of fiddling with the Winamp media library, but worth it.

If I ever felt that I might swap to an Apple, those thoughts were dashed the moment I used iTunes. Granted this was over two years ago, but that shit was so bad.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    devoir wrote: »
    I use Winamp's media player handler and that's pretty sweet. It takes a little bit of fiddling with the Winamp media library, but worth it.

If I ever felt that I might swap to an Apple, those thoughts were dashed the moment I used iTunes. Granted this was over two years ago, but that shit was so bad.

it's still terrible.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I like it. Sounds like you need to do a Restore on yours. U plug it and plug it back in, cancel the sync and tell it to Restore.

Other than that, I recommend Yamipod.

ben0207 on
  • Options
    L*2*G*XL*2*G*X Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I used Yamipod for the longest time, its only problem was corruption of the shuffle, but that gave me enough hassle to reconsider iTunes.

That, and I missed the ease of play lists. But yeah, iTunes is goddamn slow.

But, hey, Apple is laughing all the way to the bank... why should they care about discerning customers?

L*2*G*X on
  • Options
    ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    L*2*G*X wrote: »
    I used Yamipod for the longest time, its only problem was corruption of the shuffle, but that gave me enough hassle to reconsider iTunes.

That, and I missed the ease of play lists. But yeah, iTunes is goddamn slow.

But, hey, Apple is laughing all the way to the bank... why should they care about discerning customers?

They do. That's why iTunes is so much better on Mac OS X :P

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    ^5!

ben0207 on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'm gonna have Tube kill you guys dead with killings.
    Just kidding.
    No, I'm serious.
    Or maybe I'm kidding

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LoneIgadzraLoneIgadzra Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    iTunes isn't that bad.

But yeah, there's something wrong with that Shuffle. It should only take a few minutes to refill itself over USB 2.0.

LoneIgadzra on
  • Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    These days, Winamp has some iPod support built in. That's what I use with my old 512mb shuffle.

Sometimes (though not often) the playlist will get corrupted when I remove and add single files from it, but initializing the shuffle and sending the whole playlist to it always seems to clear that up.

Dizzen on