As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

No Point In Giving Me Advice, Why Can't You Just [Let It Die]

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Probably wasn't difficult, I played it for a grand total of 15 minutes before baby needed my attention, haven't been able to pick it up since. Think I still had just fists.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »
    Probably wasn't difficult, I played it for a grand total of 15 minutes before baby needed my attention, haven't been able to pick it up since. Think I still had just fists.

Yup. I think you had some clothes though?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Has anyone made it to floor 10 or higher? If so, where you do you go after the second boss? I hear you also need to backtrack down to go up?

Floor 10 is the first proper boss. The previous ones are minibosses, and there's a real difference

Guess who just reached Floor 11 and the second environment? (Also, unlocked grade 2 fighters, which have significantly higher base stats... like... comparable to my maxed out grade 1)

What route did you take to get to 11? Name wise I mean.

So a couple of things, raided all afternoon bought 3 bodies/2 premium stickers/upgraded my bank and tank. Made the mistake of leaving a balance because I came back and was raided almost completely :(

Next a hunter came for me when I was leveling my new collector. He was between the two yellow generators fighting a screamer. He was lvl 70!! Brandishing an assault rifle. I should have run but I sneaked on him and slammed him doing very little damage he got up and dropped nearly all my health in one burst.

So I attacked him with my hammer +3 which I've got to 20. Lucky for me everytime I hit him he tried to reload, so I beated him to death till my hammer smashed and looted his rifle. Very lucky.

Also if you hear a Siren, run. Almost had a heart attack when that went off but what followed after was worse.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Once I figured out I could take the elevator to the third floor and there'd be a high level Hater near the elevator most times worth 120 SPLithium, I finally managed to upgrade my bank.

Mushroom soup here I come.

EDIT: Not too shabby, first premium decal I got is Slugger, increase attack of blunt weapons by 10%

Maddoc on
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    How worth it is it to backtrack a few floors to bank your stuff?

broken image link
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I cannot for the life of me remember what path gets you to 11 by names. Just take blue escalators when in doubt.

I started exploring the second area. And the first floor of it decides to drop a level 45 hater on me with a shotgun or something. BOOM DEAD. Yeesh.

Also, I'm now basically broke, because the recovery costs for the second area are like... 13k+. Did unlock most of the rest of grade 2 fighters though. So I'm thinking I just make a couple tanks and grind them up in the first area to hold down the fort (and I unlocked some shiny new armor too). Just let people beat their heads in against HP sponges until time runs out.

Also, I have a theory that guns don't use up ammo on defense (the game says durability for store-bought stuff doesn't decrease, so...). Need to check tomorrow (I unlocked the magnum the other day, so :D) if that's true.

There is a sniper rifle. It does exactly as much damage as you expect. I spent the ammo pretty quick clearing an ambush.

But really, they should probably adjust hater level caps a tad. Level 25+ in first floor trying to level a new fighter up is a tad dumb, since I'm not going in with my store gear...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I just started this yesterday. My storage character has an iron and a helmet, but she's out for twelve hours steaming faces because I didn't think about defence. Is there a cap to how much stuff I'll lose if somebody else raids me?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    No cap, You will lose Gold and Splitheium if you get raided but never items. I had 100k in the Bank and 70k in the tank and last night had almost nothing.

If you raid, spend it because it's going to get nicked.

I'd better get some blueprints, then; currently I have nothing to spend my money on, even if any's left when I get home.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Is there a good guide to this game somewhere?

• RanCiel810RanCiel810 Registered User regular
    I hope they release an official soundtrack album. No one's heard anything about it yet, right? I'm loving all the "radio" songs I hear in my lobby but I need more!

OUlH7J8.jpg
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I killed @Fearghaill 's person last night but in my defense they started it.

This game is entertaining!

edited December 2016
    Well I've made my way Up and down almost near floor 10. Raided like a beast and bought a whole load of Premium stickers. Advice get blueprints and lvl the gear with mats to +4, when they go to +5 they change in lvl and mat requirements.

Unlocking collector bodies is handy for adventuring.

Genji-Gloves on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    So where do you get crafting mats? After a certain floor? I haven't come across any yet

edited December 2016
    As you go up, you will find blueprints and mats wise you will find cotton/hemp/silk/aluminum/iron scraps/waste oil. Hover and scratch metal come off the robots.

If you want to cook something quick shoot fireworks at it. Don't also to be afraid to use your mushrooms you find on the enemies to make life easier.

Before I forget you R&D blueprints for very little Slithium and then it will be in the store to buy.

Genji-Gloves on
    I think I beat up @Elldren earlier. I should probably get out of Level 1 at some point, though.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    So where do you get crafting mats? After a certain floor? I haven't come across any yet

I started finding a bunch of crafting mats and blueprints on the third floor.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    This game's Alright

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
    I think my biggest gripe atm is that when I roll a new fighter and enter at level 1 the game decides "oh hey here have a level 3x hater fight".

Otherwise it's pretty solid so far.

I finally got to try out the claws and god yes I want blueprints for those. Faster attacks than unarmed.

edited December 2016
    Yes I just hit the first boss and unlocked grade 2 bodies. Now even on floor one I'm getting 30-50lvl assault wielding haters. They should cap it a bit.

Also this happened last night, if you not met "them" yet then slight spoiler in the link but it's glorious

https://m.reddit.com/r/LetItDie/comments/5hjk1f/message_from_the_community_team_about_linda_the/

List of Premium Decals so far collected

Dumbbell
    Ninja
    Dual Wielding Master
    Master Builder
    Hide and Seek
    Poison Eater
    Strength & Stamina discount
    Gymnastics

Quick tip: When looking at a weapon or armor if you click in the right analogue it brings up more details.

Genji-Gloves on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Ended up taking that big fat influx of SPLithium from the daily login and upgrading my locker and SPL bank once, and my KC bank a second time.

Also got a three star blueprint for some kind of crazy fire want from the daily Death box.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    A question about this game. Is there actual PvP that can go on, with invades a la Dark Souls? Or is an "invade" just the corpse of another character being controlled by AI?

Madican wrote: »
    A question about this game. Is there actual PvP that can go on, with invades a la Dark Souls? Or is an "invade" just the corpse of another character being controlled by AI?

The latter

When you raid, you're going up against AI defenders as well

This game's Alright
    Update

This game is good.

sirtoons.png
    Virginia was here, Maryland sucks! Raidin all your bases and stealing all your fighters.

sirtoons.png
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Ended up taking that big fat influx of SPLithium from the daily login and upgrading my locker and SPL bank once, and my KC bank a second time.

Also got a three star blueprint for some kind of crazy fire want from the daily Death box.
    Maddoc wrote: »

I got that blueprint too, but it's not like we will have the materials to make it until way later anyways :(

jCyyTSo.png
    Are the decals you get from mushroom stew permanent? Because if so my first one was mosquito, hell yeah.

sirtoons.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Yup! That's why they've got a P in the corner

liEt3nH.png
    Ok how do I increase my wallet max?

So different elevators are in between some levels and escalators branch both right and left up as well on the map.

Killing the bosses open shutters in other areas that you have may have passed.

Killed the first two bosses, first one is easy, second one is a massive pain in the ass.

I'd like to know how to increase my bank amount beyond 40k though.

It's in the multiplayer menu after you beat the boss on level 3

liEt3nH.png
    Costs 800 SPLithium for the first upgrade

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    It's quite "fun" to meet a Level 23 Hater at Level 2. Matchmaking could use some work.

The hell is this guy even doing on Floor 2 anyway.

i honestly don't mind it that much because so far 20 level difference haters are the only things that really seem remotely challenging in the game

liEt3nH.png
    I have to imagine it's mostly a hilarious feedback loop where someone higher level manages to die to a hater on a low floor

Then that higher level hater kills another high level hater, and so on

The upside is that if they died their gear probably isn't super great, and higher tier haters give a lot more SPLithium, it's how I managed to upgrade my bank without raiding

i honestly don't mind it that much because so far 20 level difference haters are the only things that really seem remotely challenging in the game

Don't worry you will find challenges soon enough. One you get past the first proper boss the game ramps it up.

Yet again I will say this if you hear a siren....run.

In answer, yes mushroom stew gives you a permanent decal. It's yours forever even if your fighter dies or gets knicked, apparently.

Found out also if you +4 an item you and make the 2 star version both will be available in the shop to buy, have some items now at 1 and 2 star rank.

Also don't forget you can do quests over and over though the reward isn't as good.

I just finished Level 3, and unlocked multiplayer. I have yet to die, although the mini boss came close before I worked out the pattern. I had two shots from a gun, and then after that I just chipped away by punching and rolling. I'm amazed that I had the patience, as normally in these games I get bored, try for an all-out attack, and get stomped.

Earlier in the level three badass enemies got the drop on me in an enclosed space. I very quickly learned the tactic of kiting them in a circle and let them accidentally chip away at each other's health.

I kidnapped a dude in the invasion tutorial but didn't realise that putting him on the train would end the invasion, so I missed out on raiding the SP bank. Whoops.

My kill coins bank is now upgraded, though, so I will be able to afford the mushroom stew assuming that my three Lvl 7 fighters with low-grade weapons and upgraded pants can protect my money (I doubt it).

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    if your region is unpopular you won't really get attacked much

jCyyTSo.png
    I'm in the UK. Hopefully its size will mean I can hide amongst weaker countrymen.

Upgraded bank, got my first mushroom stew, and it is super garbo!

Something about 20% extra defense if I wear a moon set or something

Upgraded bank, got my first mushroom stew, and it is super garbo!

Something about 20% extra defense if I wear a moon set or something

Well, that one seems more like "would be great if you had access to that gear".

Like, I have a 10% more electricity damage one. I have nothing of the sort. I just got 50% lower dex requirements earlier, which is... why? Why would I care?