As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - Darkened

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2016 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - Darkened

Darkened

Darkened

http://campcomic.com/comic/382

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Woah.
    Those final two panels are awesome!

Brian tries so hard and they do nothing but push him. He gave them a chance to run away. :(
    I feel bad for what he's going to do.

• nosiwodanosiwoda Registered User regular
    I sense Eleven kind of scary.

• poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    If the others were there, he would have taken the hit, Having two friends that see him as they do is precious. Sadly, they are in serious trouble and can't stop him from himself. Lets hope it doesn't get too crazy bad.

• kram1032kram1032 Registered User regular
    I love those final two panels!

• Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    Love it!

I am seeking words to praise you both. This story arc is all I hoped it to be so far. I know you will make me cry in the end. You always do ;)

• DublinDublin Registered User regular
    I just now fully realize that Brian's nose is broken.

• Christian LeBlancChristian LeBlanc Registered User regular
    Getting chills here.

• GinormousGinormous Registered User regular
    To quote Flo Rida, "It's going down for real!"

• MikeLinPAMikeLinPA Registered User regular
    Whoop Ass! Brian's gonna open a can.

• DannondorfDannondorf Registered User new member
    "get the knife back" like it was his to begin with, lol. The final two panels definitely recaptured my interest. Question: parts of the rope in the final panel seem to have disappeared. Is that an artistic choice, or did Brian tear through his binds?

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Hulk time.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Finnish_LineFinnish_Line Registered User regular
    Smart bullies stick to messing with people smaller than themselves.

Not smart bullies here.

• evileeyoreevileeyore Grognard 100 hurricane swampRegistered User regular
    Yes, feel your anger. let it course through you, gather it, feed it, and then unleash it!

And your journey to the Camp Side will be complete!

• chemistx2chemistx2 Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Oh, man, I can't WAIT until Friday! I love how this is coming together! That last panel pair is epic.

chemistx2 on
  • The GorchThe Gorch Registered User regular
    Scary Brian activated.

• scuddlesscuddles Registered User regular
    Kingdom Death: New boss unlocked!

• WaelwulfanWaelwulfan Registered User new member
    This isn't even his final form...

• KomemiuteKomemiute Registered User new member
    All Devils in Hell cowers from the wrath of a good man.

Or as The Doctor said... "Demons run when a good man goes to war"

• MartynMartyn Registered User regular
    Oh, come on, fess up. How many of you spent the entire episode of the old TV "Incredible Hulk" show just waiting for Bill Bixby's eyes to go white?

• dergdergdergderg Registered User new member
    That other kid didn't get his knife back. Now either Purdy's going to save the day at the last minute or some kids are gonna get dead.

• hajenhajen Registered User regular
    a short story:
    bop
    bop met stop
    stop
    ∾ The End ∾

and I want to ditto the praise: those last two panels are fantastic, actually I love the alternation between sinistral past and dextral present, until the two are married up in the final frames.

• DormninjaDormninja Registered User new member
    The gates of Heaven were open but you did no go through them.
    The road to Hell did not exist, yet you made one.

I wonder how much the game changes for the rest of the comic, once the Ropes Folks see Brian Unleashed.

• HrodebertHrodebert Registered User new member
    "You wouldn't like me when I'm scary..."

• WestIndianAgoutiWestIndianAgouti Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I can tell Brian's having a Randy Orton-esque moment right now. This is what I love about this work of art (the comic). Katie and Adam have, and continue to, capture the human essence and emotion in an artistically rendered storyline, which is absolutely magnificent. Also, I have a question for you lovely people out there in the comments section....Have you ever experienced childhood or teenage bullying, and if so, what would you say to your bully or bullies if you met them today?

WestIndianAgouti on
  • EmptyMatchbookEmptyMatchbook Registered User new member
    Rip and tear. Until it is DONE.

@dergderg Dude, you have absolutely no idea how much I wanna see her backstory right now

• LunarNexusLunarNexus Registered User regular
    I want to see overly graphic scenes, if brian does indeed do that. Dont hold back guys, show us everything!

• SIXytSIXyt Esq STLRegistered User regular
    Is it Friday yet?

• BaronbrianBaronbrian Registered User regular
    *Cue the guitar in his head and...*

"Welcome to the abandoned land, come on in child take my hand. Here there's no work or play, only one bill to pay, there's just five words to say as you go down

down

down.

You're gonna burn in Hell."

• sockroxsockrox Registered User regular
    Next comic looks like panel six...with the stick snapping. Followed by another similar panel but with a neck. Same result.

• Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    @WestIndianAgouti "what would you say to your bully or bullies if you met them today?" A really tough question. I always pride myself in thinking things through, but I never have played this scenario in my head before. I just blocked it I guess.

But that is not an answer to your question. I think if I ever meet them again and it would become a "conversation" it will be short. For me it will bo along the lines of "go away, you are not allowed in my life, my future and my personal universe ever again. You shaped me for better and for worse. Your act is played out. Get of my stage. Yes we were young, no I have not forgiven nor forgotten."

• RaideDukuRaideDuku Registered User regular
    Vision goes fuzzy and, but your focus clear.
    No pain, and the taste of something like iron in your mouth.
    And after what seems forever, the rage is gone.
    Reasoning returns, and with it, the two horrible realizations.
    That you've lost control, and you've badly hurt someone.

• DublinDublin Registered User regular
    @ILZE123 That's pretty much what I would say if I ever met my highshool bully. I doubt he would ever recognize me though... and that's just as fine.

@Ilze123 Personally, I love your response...The thing is, I've always been fascinated by the phenomenon of bullying, especially the adverse effects of it. I can't imagine the pain you've endured all those years, but at least you know that you never have to experience it again. You may even be able to help otherswho are currently in similar situations...the sky's the limit.

• FireballDragonFireballDragon Registered User regular
    "Freak." To me, it's the ugliest word in the English language.

• KaitensatsumKaitensatsum Registered User regular
    Shit just got real

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    BRIAN SMASH!!

• Candide ScaramoucheCandide Scaramouche Registered User new member
    Now Brian, THIS is why you're supposed to leave one alive to tell the tale.

• poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    @Ilze123 I also been bullied when I was a kid, The kicker, my mom knew I was being bullied. She did nothing to help me. I won't go into details. Only say that I discovered there was no safe place, not even my home.

Would I want to talk to my former bullies? Not really. I have no desire to talk to any of them.

poipoigirl on
  • briguybriguy Registered User regular
    I don't think I have anything to say to the people who bullied me.
    It was bad, it affected me, but hopefully they've changed and have grown as people. I guess the one guy who is in prison has arguably not grown, but hopefully the others have. :)
    I just try to be a good person and be positive to others. Never know what they're going through, what their experiences are, and if nothing else can be a sympathetic ear or try to help as best I can.
    We all make mistakes, have wronged others, I don't know why they did what they did to me, but all I can do is live my life as best I can.