As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - Hairline

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2016 in Camp Weedonwantcha
image[Camp Comic] Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - Hairline

Hairline

Hairline

http://campcomic.com/comic/385

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• DannondorfDannondorf Registered User new member
    Neiman comics are always a joy.

• briguybriguy Registered User regular
    *Superfriends voice*
    Meanwhile, back at the Cliff of Despair.

Of course, Neiman has Malachi's hair. When making a life sized replica, authencity is important. A wig made of anyone else's but the victim's model's hair is a major stalker faux pas.

Panel 8: I think you missed coloring Neiman's bracelet

• DublinDublin Registered User regular
    I laughed out loud, good thing I'm the only one at the office at the moment...

• SkizzSkizz Registered User regular
    Very Count of Monte Cristo :)

• TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    That's a tough choice: going up a Neiman-made Malachi rope. He's attempted to kill them before...

• WestIndianAgoutiWestIndianAgouti Registered User regular
    Perfection......

• AbelhawkAbelhawk Registered User regular
    Ha ha ha! That one gave me a good laugh! Great execution of the comic there.

• MikeLinPAMikeLinPA Registered User regular
    Neiman doesn't get any respect.

• PirateTruckPirateTruck Registered User regular
    This strip was hilarious! I love this comic.

• poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    Neiman, the very disturbing hero!

• SeabSeab Registered User regular
    oh...

• davidhbrowndavidhbrown Registered User regular
    So, at first I figured that Katie and Adam were just trolling us by not finishing up with Brian... but this really is very good and hints at a potentially more interesting resolution for Brian. Both the character development for Nieman and the content of the rope were quite unexpected. And, top-notch punning, too. Kudos. Patreon engaged. (Does Adam get a cut?)

• Kairos615Kairos615 Registered User regular
    Y'know, as long as the fibers are all securely woven, that rope should be pretty sturdy. Doesn't human hair have a really high tensile strength?

Not that it's necessarily all human hair. Maybe Neiman stalks bears, too.

• hajenhajen Registered User regular
    Neiman really macgyvered the hell out of his shower drain collectings on this one. eww!

• AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    Patreon engaged. (Does Adam get a cut?)

Thank you, you're awesome! Katie and I live together, so Patreon support does indeed benefit me. In fact, last month Katie was able to buy a new (technically used) blanket for my nest in the basement!

AdamRW wrote: »

Thank you, you're awesome! Katie and I live together, so Patreon support does indeed benefit me. In fact, last month Katie was able to buy a new (technically used) blanket for my nest in the basement!

It's important to start crate training them early.

• mecha_Billmecha_Bill Registered User regular
    Kairos615 wrote:
    "Y'know, as long as the fibers are all securely woven, that rope should be pretty sturdy. Doesn't human hair have a really high tensile strength?"

Ancient mangonels (catapults) and other torsion artillery used cables of hair for their power. I seem to recall horse hair was mostly used although human hair was used on occasion.

• Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    @Mecha_Bill Mythbusters did a prison escape where Kari came down an 8 or 10 story building on a rope she entirely braided from human hair. They also, if I recall correctly escaped with toilet paper and bed sheets. (man, do I miss that show, the reboot is going to suck.)

Hawk1966 on
  • Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    Malachi, you are brave! not to smart to try it, but brave nontheless.

I did not expect this twist. All storylines are open again (for us).

• Charon'sLittleHelperCharon'sLittleHelper Registered User regular
    Yes - human hair was used for siege weapons. Famously, the Carthaginians used human hair for siege weapons etc. in the 3rd Carthaginian war after they'd basically disarmed themselves to try to appease the Romans. (The Romans had basically been planning to wipe them out and figured it'd be easier if they were disarmed first. >.<)

• MIJackelMIJackel Registered User regular
    I forsee the rope breaking and Malachi falling.

Option #1... into the arms of Brian. Leaving blood soaked stains on Malachi's shirt. Then we will wait another season to hear the ropes course is mysteriously vacant.

Option #2... into the oh so soft moss patch, which does save his life; but breaks a bone or two.

• chapterhawkchapterhawk Registered User new member
    So, I'm a bit colorblind, but it appears that most of the hair in that rope belongs to Malachi. That is extra disturbing. :)

edited December 2016
    Poor Neiman. He's an adorable little creep. He just wants to be Malachi's friend.
    Malachi's only friend.
    Malachi's forever friend.

briguy on
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    AdamRW wrote: »

Wouldn't putting a blanket on it throw off the temperature sensor?

• Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    Am I the only one that's not worried the rope is made out of hair?

I'm more worried about what ELSE is in there, other than that...

Also, I geuess next week will be Brian on the egde of going full World Breaker Hulk on the Rope course boys, then Seventeen shows up and he calms down... Maybe after giving the leader a bit of a smack, because fuck that guy.

@Talyn Rahl
    No. I'm concerned what else is in the rope.
    I'm pretty sure it's poop.
    It's poop, isn't it?

• Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    @briguy

Yeah... There's about a 90% chance you're right.

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    Am I the only one wondering if that rope might be made out of cat hair or not?

• Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    Somebody'd tossed me a rope made out of MY OWN HAIR, I'd be wearing Malachi's expression now too.

• GedGed Registered User regular
    Today in the camp of Weedonwantcha there has been born for you a Savior, who is Neiman the very gross boy. And this will be a sign for you; you will find a rope wrapped in hair... and stuff.
    II Malachi 17