As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Blade & Soul] WARLOCK! Poharan/Cerulean Order! Leveling Challenge!

1333435363739»

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Well damn. Content patch is in 2 days. I got my warlock to 45 and could have upgraded the weapon a few stages with the materials from the event but now I'm going to be locked into the more expensive upgrade path. :(

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • RebootReboot Registered User regular
    Tell me about it... I'm one week from True Siren weapon, and I just started farming the mats I need after getting my Warlock to L45. Dammit NCSoft! :bigfrown:

With the launch of Silverfrost Mountains on March 23, one of the changes made to the game is the weapon progression system. Depending on what stage you are at with your weapon, come Silverfrost Mountains, you will have two options on how you want your weapon to progress.

Current:
    >> True Profane -> Awakened Siren -> True Siren -> Awakened Pirate -> True Pirate >>

New:
    >> True Profane ->Awakened Siren -OR- Oathbreaker >>

If you have already started on or choose the Siren weapon path, your new progression will look like this:
    >>Awakened Siren -> True Siren -> True Oathbreaker -OR- Awakened Pirate >>

Once you choose the Oathbreaker path, your new progression will look like this:
    >> Oathbreaker -> Awakened Oathbreaker -> True Oathbreaker -> Awakened Breeze -> True Breeze >>

If you have already started on the Pirate weapon path or end up on this path, your progression will continue like this:
    >>Awakened Pirate -> True Pirate -> True Breeze >>

If you are still using the True Profane weapon by the time Silverfrost Mountain launches, you should be able to start the new content without any issues and your weapon will progress as it normally would as you play through the game.

The new Silverfrost Mountains weapon progression is comparable to that currently found in Moonwater Plains and True Breeze is where the paths finally merge and the final weapon you can currently obtain is Awakened Scorpio. The upgrade materials, material acquisition, and economy surrounding the new progression will be different in Silverfrost Mountains, and designed to work together as a whole. To note, accessory progression remains unchanged.

We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have about the progression system. You may also find many answers when Silverfrost Mountains launches on March 23, 2016.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Wow, the newest cheating summoner bots somehow spam self heals without cooldown. I have heard of the ones that can sit in stealth permanently, but this is significantly more annoying. The worst is I killed ones cat before he even touched me, and he proceeded to spam damage on me and never drop below 90%.

Yet... I some how beat him? It took over 10 minutes cause every match went down to the wire, but I did it. And hit plat with it.

It ended with me desperately holding on with my KFM's mega heals with grapple hits though. Somehow landed a final stunlock into the win.

Monster playing broken class crushes child playing with training wheels on; kicks kitten.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    That is not very nice.

Not sure what you are trying to say, but it was a cheating bot.

And FM is considered much more broken. When you are at a high level of play.

It's a clickbait headline that makes it look like you are the bad guy keeping down a poor, hard working summoner bot.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    One observation - the Silverfrost content seems to be eroding weapon durability faster than before (discounting deaths, obviously). I have no idea whether it's the level difference or just some other tweak made to the game.

Probably because there is a lot more cc being tossed around by trash mobs.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Awfully silent here. I guess the wuxia theme really doesn't get as much traction in the international scene. Anyway they're phasing out the pirate equipment (!) and I'm now rushing to level-max my Lynblade and accessories.

In any case, the story is drama and plot twist at every turn and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Who would've guessed the history behind Jiwan and Jinsoyun! :D

It has nothing to do with the theme or story.

The game was quickly becoming inaccessible overall. I loved the PVP, and was able to at least kind of keep up with PVE. When the 50 shit was coming, I thought it would be like any other MMO level increase and everyone could be caught up in at least some form to this new content. Instead, it actually made it HARDER to get to the end point of 45, to even start on 50 gearing, which was required to do 50 content. On top of that, all this was required to be able to pvp because even though that was balanced stat wise, the skill options you unlock via PVE with books were mandatory for almost all classes. And it was looking like it would only get worse.

There was no way I personally could keep involved in the game without ruining my RL situation. I can't make those kind of sacrifices for a game anymore. It also didn't help that finding a stable guild was near impossible, while also required to really enjoy the game.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Awww, I get back home in ~2 days. Are there no PAers playing the game anymore?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I literally just picked it back up after balking on my founders edition.

I have no idea what I'm doing but goddamn looking at BNS fashion there is a lot of earnable swag.

Which is literally all I care about. So I'm gonna put in WORK on this game.

• hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    I really liked the wuxia setting and fast, skill and combo-based combat, but the strict quided-tour nature of it all wore thin on me after a few weeks. I actively dreaded making another character and going through all that BS again, and I still had a lot to do on my main.

Then Black Desert Online came out and...well, you can guess. I do miss my badass afro ninja though....BDO has exactly zero afros, which is probably one of the worst things I could say about it.

I doubt I'm done with BnS forever though...the icon on my desktop still calls to me occasionally. I'm just not quite ready right now, I guess.

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    My computer exploded, or I'd still be playing somewhat. I'm in a fair amount of agreement with @Kai_San that it's a brutally inaccessible game, though. I don't think I even got to True Profane.

edited May 2016
    On Progression
    The current reason to rush - this affects those on the Siren/Pirate weapon path as they need to get to Awakened Pirate at least. NCSoft is dropping the Siren/Pirate progression path next month (1 June). The Siren weapons will have to progress by Oathbreaker/Breeze path from 1 June onwards. Because the info wasn't that clear, most I talk to are aiming to hit True Pirate just to be 'safe'.

According to those from other versions (TW, CN, JP, KR), the NA and EU version actually increased the drop rate on a lot of key items to level-up your weapon. All this in a bid to push content updates to reach parity with the other servers... you're essentially progressing through many months of content in 2-3 months. I suspect players are feeling the push to progress because of the content coming in relentlessly. The newer Oathbreaker/Breeze path just requires you to try newer content instead of farming Poharan/BSH as much. Level 50 also opens up some gold dailies that makes buying materials from the market actually feasible. I average 2hrs daily, mainly to get mats and gold on weekdays, and a bit more on weekend to run dungeons for my weapon/accessories.

On Profane Weapons
    You typically run about 5-10 dungeon runs to get the weapon drop you need. If RNGesus hates you, you might have to buy a key and save yourself the anguish. I just got my alt to True Profane Lvl 5 yesterday after running Brightstone Ruins about 7 times. She's now on True Profane Level 10 after buying the requisite weapon with the abundant Moonwater Valor Stones you get from quest rewards. Progression post-Profane will require raid/purple dungeon drops (speed runs last about 30min), and even if you can't get the drops you'll accrue enough tokens to buy them as needed.

On PvP
    PvP is indeed a problem. PvPers are complaining of bots in the arenas. I'm more PvE though, and even then PvP is irritating because you have to don your faction clothes to gather Soulstones, and you get exposed to PvPers. This mixing of PvP with PvE is indeed a pain point.

Broadly I think this railroading to 50 isn't healthy and sustainable. I mean, even if we reach parity with the other servers - what then? The requirements will be scaled up horribly and then players will feel a sudden drop in progression speed. That's can't be good for the sustained player base. I'd stay around as long as my guildies are on it still when the time comes, I guess.

Reboot on
    If staying around as long as there was guildies was the case, I would have left even earlier than I did. Every guild I tried to join was falling apart.

The problem with the progression is the rate at which they are pushing catch up. In any other game this would be a good thing, but in BnS the grind was balanced around those time frames and it already was that - a grind. I think what makes it worse is the market prices reflect the progression forced speed. They are astronomical because the supply cannot even remotely meet the demand. This would be less the case if things came about slower.

But I mean also, even if it was at the pace it should be, it takes so much gold to move up like that and it requires at minimum x hours per day to make reasonable progress. And those x hours a day are usually forced into really boring stuff like daily quests in boring 24 man zones or doing those faction npc quests that are near impossible for any non ranged class. And not like, near impossible in the way melee was hard in WoW in raids. I mean nearly impossible because there is NO way you get credit for it unless you meet a damage threshhold and the classes that have no issues doing so then do so much damage the monster doesn't survive long enough for you to even do well. Stuff like that is really what made needing to do that for x hours every day seem pointless.

If I ever had interest in the game again, it would be for the PVP. If they can get that cleaned up and there is some reasonable way to get fully operational for pvp without an obscene pve grind, I would come back for it. But it does not look like there is enough overall interest in the game to sustain any kind of group of players from here that is for sure.

edited May 2016
    I understand the difficulty to set aside some time for games, but frankly, aren't most MMORPGs grinds? Personally I've chosen to take a back seat these days when it comes to that.

In BnS, it seems to me that the frustration is fuelled by the relentless pace of new content currently coming at odds with the need to grind for tokens to get the latest content ASAP. As long as your aim is not to be at the vanguard of this progression rush, you'll not feel the need to keep grinding for drops to get the best gear. The drop rates are already improved over the servers at other countries, after all, and they've thankfully kept the Pay-to-Win formula in check. It does make it easier if one finds a guild less obsessed with progression. My mates are all working adults so we're pacing the game. I'm on Hajoon.

From experience, BSH and Poh 24-man usually take 1+ hour depending on when Poh appears. You can even squat at the faction channels to see when she's appearing and pop in just for her. BSH and Poh 6-man are 30min runs (or more, depending on experience). They're not long grinds by any standards... I usually don't repeat runs in a day unless I have time.

I'll give a breakdown for you to decide for yourself:
    - Daily Gold Runs - about 1hr 30min, gives you 7g. You can do less, depends on your time.
    - Misty Woods faction dailies - about 15min, gives you 14 Soulstones (double this if you have an alt that can do misty woods). Add 3 more if you bother with the Beach faction quests.

You need 100/200 (depends) of soulstones for upgrades. But you'll not be upgrading weapon and accessories all at once. If you do misty woods daily you'll be around 1-2 weeks per upgrade. You get more if you have an alt farming misty woods as well. There are some Soulstone Plain quests that are soloable but iffy. If you're short by a few you can buy them - but they're costly because of the sheer amount needed (20-30s each).

You need other materials for upgrades:
    - Poharan's Gun Oil/Perfume - Poh runs. Typically need 10 or so per upgrade. You get at least 2 if you run daily. They cost about 30-40s each on my server. So you can buy 10 with your gold run in a day. You don't need a lot anyway, but you'll have to run Poh for the equipment drops.
    - HMJ (purple balls) - BSH runs. You need a handful per upgrade. You get a least 2 (not sure, might be 1) if you run daily. They cost 1g each on my server (price is rising due to 1 June changes). So you can buy a few with your gold after buying Poharan's perfume. Same as Poh, you'll need to run BSH for the equipment drops anyway.
    - Naryu coins - not an issue as long as you're doing quests and running Poh and BSH. They drop on and off, and you'll always have excess.
    - Moonwater Transformation Stones - this is hardest by far, costs 3g or so, and you need 5-10 per upgrade. You can save up with gold and buy, or find a guilder to make (recipe for one of the components is a rare drop). Choosing the right crafting skills help. (Tree Fellers and Merry Potters, iirc)
    - Enhancement Gems to upgrade levels - these are Transmuted from powders you salvage from all those trash weapon and accessory drops you get from normal questing. In general when you get to the weapon and accessory level you need to be, you'll have enough powders from thrash drops to make these gems in a jiffy.

These can be daunting if you're rushing content. Otherwise they're certainly doable?

I play a LBD and I don't have difficulty with bosses except the Terrors at Soulstone planes (which I reckon I can do if I get the new soulshields from lvl 50 content... 60k+ HP). I'm curious what's giving you difficulty with the kill-credit other than the terrors? Ranged do have a general advantage though (especially Summoners!), but I like the cc functionality my LBD brings.

Reboot on
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    How do I get the game save updates to a different drive? It keeps trying to save to the C drive which has no space at all. I reinstalled the game to the D drive but it refuses to save updates to the D drive.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    Stragint wrote: »
    How do I get the game save updates to a different drive? It keeps trying to save to the C drive which has no space at all. I reinstalled the game to the D drive but it refuses to save updates to the D drive.

This might be what you're looking for:
    https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/141454-how-to-fix-installation-location-and-download-location/

• ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    /slightly raises thread

What's this I hear about summer outfits and dance emotes? You can only do the dance emotes if you're wearing the outfits?

/slightly raises thread

What's this I hear about summer outfits and dance emotes? You can only do the dance emotes if you're wearing the outfits?

The Summer Groove swimsuit (cash shop only) has a unique /dance while wearing it.

edited August 2016
    So for those that really hate the grind for materials, BNS will be reducing the weapon material requirements. Add to that the additional Moonstone drops from PvP rankings, you'll see Moonstone prices are plummeting (already dropped from 4.2g each to 2.6g):

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/silverfrost-weapon-cost-changes/

Not too sure about the new weapon path - too little information available atm.

I'd say this is a good time for those who left because of the grind to consider coming back.

Reboot on
  • Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    For the gathering in this game, do you have to go out in the world and gather the item first before you can place an order? Or is all based on placing orders. Also is it even worth doing for a source of gold?

Tridus1x wrote: »
    For the gathering in this game, do you have to go out in the world and gather the item first before you can place an order? Or is all based on placing orders. Also is it even worth doing for a source of gold?

You learn this when you pick up the gathering quests in the one town, but yes- before you can place an order for an item, you first have to find said item in the world and "collect" it yourself. After that, you can place orders for it.

One thing to note is that while you can place orders and receive items you've ordered "in the wild" (i.e., while out and about and not in front of an NPC), it costs quite a bit more to do things that way.

As far as making gold, it is possible, but I don't know what you'd expect as far as a rate of return and all that.

edited September 2016
    You can remotely place orders for crafting and have them delivered to you, at a small price. You can also place the order and collect them from the crafting NPC elsewhere.

Regarding selling crafted items for gold - some items sell easier than others. There is always a demand for Refiners (Merry Potters), but you'll need to collect the ingredients for them in dungeon runs (and bid-war with others). From personal experience, the more direct way to make money would be to mine Quartz:
    • Order Sap from Tree Fellers
    • Do faction dailies for Soulstones
    • Craft Pickaxes by giving the Sap + Soulstones to Merry Potters
    • Use Pickaxes on nodes for Quartz.

Reboot on
  • BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Hey guys! I don't play this, but I ended up with a code for some free stuff for the game, so you're welcome to it:
    Loading...?

It should include:
    White Sandraider Outfit
    Sheep Headgear
    Hongmoon Hot Dragon Soup (x2)
    Hongmoon Brilliant Viridian Key
    Hongmoon Brilliant Cinderlands Key
    Hongmoon Unsealing Charm (x10)
    Hongmoon Key (x10)
    Lucky Healing Tonic (x10)

Enjoy!

I was going to install B&S and goof off but apparently the launcher is still hot garbage and the fix someone linked for me earlier in the thread doesn't work. I've been trying to get that fix to work for half an hour now and still nothing.

I am never going to be able to play this game again.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

So, apparently there's a gunner class coming sometime soon(TM).

May have to check that out. Can't find a release date or anything of the sort, though.

Gunner class will probably be out later part of the year, I suspect.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I just picked this up. It's been pretty fun so far and the leveling has been pretty quick. Is anyone else still playing?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    edited December 2017
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    I just picked this up. It's been pretty fun so far and the leveling has been pretty quick. Is anyone else still playing?

I've got a couple of level 50s that aren't really ready for endgame content, I was planning on picking it up again with the new content release soon.

If you pre-register for the new chapter on the main website you'll get a package with a bunch of free stuff including a free level 50 character voucher which is a lovely deal if you don't want to repeat the story again.

Rainfall on
    I wish I could even play this game. Whenever I install I always get errors when I try to start up the game.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Dived back into this again with the free Level 50 Voucher they gave out last year. It's still fun.

The character designs are still awful, but at least the voucher came with a neat training uniform that allows my female character to wear actual clothing.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius