As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Friday, December 30, 2016 - Major Announcement

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2016 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, December 30, 2016 - Major Announcement

Major Announcement

Major Announcement

http://campcomic.com/comic/388

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    ShadymanShadyman Registered User regular
    What you did there. I see it.

A+++. Wood chuckle again.

• Options
    Android 21 3/7Android 21 3/7 Registered User regular
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! KATIE!!! ADAM!!! DON'T DO THIS TO US!!! WHAT'LL WE DO FOR TWO WHOLE DAYS?!

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    With such a limited supply of unnotched wood, Braden should really start using both sides.

• Options
    xUsakoxUsako Registered User regular
    I had a mini heart-attack! What trolls!

• Options
    xUsako wrote: »
    I had a mini heart-attack! What trolls!

This really was some masterful trolling.
    Big, bold text you have to read all the way through and a year that already has the reputation for being awful? Brilliantly played.

• Options
    QuistieQuistie Registered User regular
    Yep that was a major panic for a second!

• Options
    sydniussydnius Registered User new member
    love the x-height

• Options
    EquipKiltEquipKilt Registered User new member
    Hehe... I get it

• Options
    Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    You know... you need to be careful with the forces you are teasing now. They've proved themselves humorless, if whimsical.

• Options
    J-mentalJ-mental Registered User regular
    This isn't a complaint but how much harder is it to actually do the comic than it is to do these awesome splash drawings? The tree, and now this, seem like they'd almost be as tough to draw as a regular strip.

• Options
    StarvingGamerStarvingGamer Registered User new member
    Well let's say 6 panels so that's 6x as long on characters and foreground, plus 6 full backgrounds, plus writing the script, plus determining layout, I'd guess probably 20-30x harder?

• Options
    KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    J-mental wrote: »
    This isn't a complaint but how much harder is it to actually do the comic than it is to do these awesome splash drawings? The tree, and now this, seem like they'd almost be as tough to draw as a regular strip.
    Well let's say 6 panels so that's 6x as long on characters and foreground, plus 6 full backgrounds, plus writing the script, plus determining layout, I'd guess probably 20-30x harder?

Hahaha, yeah, that's pretty much spot on. Although that damn tree update ended up taking me about as long as it would take to make a shorter comic because I've been having computer issues lately (I've got them almost worked out for the new year). Full page comics take me about a regular work day to draw, or longer if they've got a lot of effects, extra characters, or backgrounds in locations that are new. :]

KatieJRice on
  • Options
    CarBomb ChrisCarBomb Chris Registered User new member
    Guys... I can't find the cat anywhere...

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    I was worried for a minute.

• Options
    StonefootStonefoot Registered User regular
    OK, it is next year now, so where's the new comic? Yeah? It's been 2017 for literally <i>hours</i> now!

(Don't expect much, do I?! Well, I do expect that I will really appreciate having bright spots like Camp Weedontwancha, Shards, Selkie, Sister Claire, Heavenly Nostrils - now masquerading as 'Phoebe and Her Unicorn', Far Out There, Oglaf, and Modest Medusa this year. And Unsounded is supposed to start a new chapter soon.)

Also, this is my first comment anywhere for 2017. Yea!

Also, also: Maybe I can get back and 'archive dive' the second half of Skadi. I tried once, already, followed the link here, and read three years of Camp Comics instead. ;-}}

• Options
    davidhbrowndavidhbrown Registered User regular
    @stonefoot: Do that; definitely read the second half of Skadi. Awesome story arcs. Take your time, though.

• Options
    Yeah, Skadi's second half has some great arcs.

• Options
    Dark JaguarDark Jaguar Registered User regular
    Ah, the classic "see you next year" joke.