As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Cozmi Fan Tutte

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Cozmi Fan Tutte

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    desrdesr Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Dat cinematographic reference, though... :)

Just to be clear: the title is also the name of a very bad erotic Italian movie of the nineties, inspired by the Mozart piece

desr on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    So they made a less emotionally expressive Wall-E? And gave him twitchy insect movement?

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    you know making a real wall e is like

super difficult right

• Options
    wallywestwallywest Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

super difficult right

Pffffft, it's 2017. Kids toys should be roughly at the Terminator level by now. And where's my damn flying car!?!?

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    desr wrote: »
    Dat cinematographic reference, though... :)

Just to be clear: the title is also the name of a very bad erotic Italian movie of the nineties, inspired by the Mozart piece

I just thought it was a reference to opera. Didn't know there were any movies.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I remember when Furby and Ai-bo were the new hot robot friends.

Still waiting for robot Scarlett Johannsen.

Holy shit $180? It better have a fuck port.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular

super difficult right

No, I mean the character design. That part isn't super difficult because I have one on my desk!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe4Wz_1kiSg

The Cozmo design isn't BAD, IMO, it's just one with less expressive potential.

But who gives a shit about my opinion - they're making a fortune on them and people are having fun.

• Options
    I think part of the reasoning is probably to make the toy extremely robust.

Anyway I want one and it turns out they're 400 fucking bucks in Canada so burn it all down

• Options
    RenegadePhantomRenegadePhantom Registered User regular
    Off topic, sorry about that, but I just wanted to show my appreciation for the PA crew. Last comic I commented about price disparity, and one day later, bam, a new viewing option for the Holiday special was available. You guys are awesome. Having said that, this comic perfectly represents me with any new gadget. Cynicism, immediately followed by submission and worship of the gadget.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    God that reminds me of those little BB8 remote toys that were a hundred bucks. They look fun, but not a hundred dollars fun.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I would buy the fuck out of this for a hundred dollars.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I would buy the fuck out of this for a hundred dollars.

Yeah I meant the BB8. Though with a young son I'd probably be more worried with this toy he'd grab it and smash it against something as his method of "playing" with literally anything.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I love the opera reference in the comic's title.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    I want one, tooo!

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    That's actually a pretty good representation of M-0's personality.

• Options
    ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Heck-I get this way with plushies. If I had money I'd be the perfect sucker for this kind of thing. Ever since I was a kid I've formed emotional attachments to inanimate objects. I've loved robots since then, too (I blame Asimov's R. Daneel Olivaw, Data and Johnny5 for that). A cute talking robot I can hug and read Robots of Dawn to? Point me to the nearest kidney bank. I've got a spare I don't mind selling.

ziddersroofurry on
  • Options
    TransluciaTranslucia Registered User regular
    what's more ppowerful? the hurricane that destroy fukishima or gabe's love for cozmo?

• Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Does it pass butter?

halkun on
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    I get that reference!

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    J. D. MilknutJ. D. Milknut Lord of Chipmunks Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Mozart reference = impressed.

gekm71tpnnd5.gif