As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[US and Russia] Talk about Trump connections to Russia here.

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    There will be no Soviet domination of Eastern Europe in a Trump administration.

The trick is to keep annexing parts of Eastern Europe until Europe itself ceases to exist.

I'd like to reiterate that this is basically the blueprint they've been following. It's been right there, this whole time: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics
    • The United Kingdom should be cut off from Europe.[1]
    • Ukraine should be annexed by Russia because "“Ukraine as a state has no geopolitical meaning, no particular cultural import or universal significance, no geographic uniqueness, no ethnic exclusiveness, its certain territorial ambitions represents an enormous danger for all of Eurasia and, without resolving the Ukrainian problem, it is in general senseless to speak about continental politics". Ukraine should not be allowed to remain independent, unless it is cordon sanitaire, which would be inadmissible.[1]
    • In Asia:

China, which represents a danger to Russia, "must, to the maximum degree possible, be dismantled". Dugin suggests that Russia start by taking Tibet-Xinjiang-Mongolia-Manchuria as a security belt.[2] Russia should offer China help "in a southern direction – Indochina (except Vietnam), the Philippines, Indonesia, Australia" as geopolitical compensation.[1]
      Russia should manipulate Japanese politics by offering the Kuril Islands to Japan and provoking anti-Americanism.[1]
      Mongolia should be absorbed into Eurasia-Russia.[1]

The book emphasizes that Russia must spread Anti-Americanism everywhere: "the main 'scapegoat' will be precisely the U.S."

In the United States:

Russia should use its special forces within the borders of the United States to fuel instability and separatism, for instance, provoke "Afro-American racists". Russia should "introduce geopolitical disorder into internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts, actively supporting all dissident movements – extremist, racist, and sectarian groups, thus destabilizing internal political processes in the U.S. It would also make sense simultaneously to support isolationist tendencies in American politics."[1]

Well, shit.

This plan seems to be going well. That is pretty bad.

Germany, Turkey, and Iran to a lesser degree (Thanks Obama!) are all coming along as well.

I wonder if they seriously forgot what happened the last time they allied with fascists..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    You seei fboth side were really the same Obama would've found a way to leak this right before the elction

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Take everything with a good amount of salt, of course.

That should all really be taken with healthy skepticism. A lot of it is probably stuff that not even the guy compiling it necessarily believed but still considered the stuff credible enough to include.

Edit: The press conference being tomorrow means a reporter could ask if Trump ever hired Russian prostitutes to pee on a bed Obama slept on as early as then.

Couscous on
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Oh my fucking god, and if it's true, the FSB probably has hours and hours of video..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Oh my fucking god, and if it's true, the FSB probably has hours and hours of video..

Hater wanna hate, lovers wanna love, I dont even want, none of the above...

Honestly, as long as it's between consenting adults, I don't really care about 'depravity'

But the fact that he could be blackmailed? That's important.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Yea there's PLENTY in that linked document to go over without getting into the weeds on paying hookers to piss on the bed Obama used.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Honestly, as long as it's between consenting adults, I don't really care about 'depravity'

You mean Presidential behaviour.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    The prostitutes peeing thing seems so.... unlikely? unusual? far-out? that without some sort of additional evidence, it makes it much easier to suspect the entire thing.

What is this I don't even.
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Can we ever remember a time where something like this came up? On major news? True or false news?

• TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Yea there's PLENTY in that linked document to go over without getting into the weeds on paying hookers to piss on the bed Obama used.

True, but if you wanted Trump to take notice - you think he'd overreact faster to suggestions of dodgy dealings or sexual deviancy?
    Likewise the followers he's been emphasising in the Rust belt - could well be lies as much as the Cameron ones were, but if you wanted to put a shot across the bow and let him know that you, Putin, are not his friend and that he should listen very carefully, then I think this would be the more likely tack.

edited January 2017
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    The prostitutes peeing thing seems so.... unlikely? unusual? far-out? that without some sort of additional evidence, it makes it much easier to suspect the entire thing.

It would be vastly less believable if it were anybody but Trump. With Trump, it is more "yeah, I could imagine him doing that, but I am not saying he actually did it."

Edit: Trump thinking that what happens in Russia stays in Russia and taking advantage of that sounds exactly like something Trump would do even if it turns out to be totally false.

Couscous on
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I strongly recommend you guys read the document at the Buzzfeed link because holy shit, that's why.

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Also, save a copy of it.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Couscous wrote: »

It would be vastly less believable if it were anybody but Trump. With Trump, it is more "yeah, I could imagine him doing that, but I am not saying he actually did it."

and a fair portion of his base will probably think that pissing on a bed the Obamas used is entirely appropriate ("If only they'd been in at at the time!"), while publicly tut-tutting any such "preversion".

Commander Zoom on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Can we ever remember a time where something like this came up? On major news? True or false news?

Bill Clinton's sex life?

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    that peeing on the bed thing is way too specific to not be true. :tell_me_more:

Oh brilliant
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    might call this confirmation bias but

given everything we know about the man

I can totally see that happening

Spaffy wrote: »
    I strongly recommend you guys read the document at the Buzzfeed link because holy shit, that's why.

Holy fucking shit, those last two pages.

That would be honest to God treason

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular

who cares if it is true or not? it will get Facebook reactions and retweets.

and Trump is too much of an egotist not to take the bait.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
    redx wrote: »

It's a distraction. I don't give a shit if he paid someone to pee on a bed. I do give a shit if he did what the last two pages show

Kuq9xw1.png

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    redx wrote: »

It's a distraction. I don't give a shit if he paid someone to pee on a bed. I do give a shit if he did what the last two pages show

Kuq9xw1.png

Yeah, treason trumps golden showers.

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Holy shit i step away from the Internet for FIVE MINUTES

This is CRAZY

I don't know how to react. Is it true?? Is it not true? It sounds WAY TOO CRAZY to be true.

I'm reading the memos now. I'm more freaked out about a source saying Putin aims to restore 19th century great power politics rather than our post-WWII ideals-based international order which is making my blood run colder than anything about Trump being into golden showers

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I'd have thought this was just as bad, if not worse - one thing to pay eastern european hackers to target your rivals, surely another thing to leak the information your spies have to Russia (and maybe China)?:
    c3ggqyhteag3.png

Tastyfish on
  • AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    This would really explain Trump's attitude toward the American intelligence community.

Nothing better than getting out ahead of this by planting the seeds of doubt in his base before this stuff came out. If even a fraction of this is true, we are in for a really interesting time.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    What the fuck is even happening? Like seriously. Our president to be directly worked with russia, and there is shit we can do.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    So I'm just gonna point some stuff out.

This thing is not, and will not be unless something huge happens, verifiable. This is how HUMINT is conducted. Intelligence officials and clandestine operatives recruit and maintain sources in such a manner that they can't be connected in case the sources or the operative is compromised.

Journalists were never going to be able to verify this. What's important though, and that I'm glad the Guardian points out, is that McCain met with the counter-INT operative, was impressed enough by the work and submitted it to the FBI where it then reached the highest levels of the department and then was circulated to other departments. That's far more important than this getting leaked publicly, even though it did and might have been leaked at the discretion of the Obama administration (like supposedly the thing last Friday that Wikileaks was complaining about in the most ironic of fashions).

For us we'll never really know if this stuff is true or not unless something happens. And if something does happen we'll know (I'm being vague here because who knows what could happen but any action caused by this will be fucking serious).

But the fact that he could be blackmailed? That's important.

Well there is a likely sex criminal so there's that

• YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Past six months have been nothing but an old man peddling wooden swords labeled 'scandal' that will totally slay the evil dragon this time for realzies.

Yoshisummons on
  • Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    So I'm just gonna point some stuff out.

This thing is not, and will not be unless something huge happens, verifiable. This is how HUMINT is conducted. Intelligence officials and clandestine operatives recruit and maintain sources in such a manner that they can't be connected in case the sources or the operative is compromised.

Journalists were never going to be able to verify this. What's important though, and that I'm glad the Guardian points out, is that McCain met with the counter-INT operative, was impressed enough by the work and submitted it to the FBI where it then reached the highest levels of the department and then was circulated to other departments. That's far more important than this getting leaked publicly, even though it did and might have been leaked at the discretion of the Obama administration (like supposedly the thing last Friday that Wikileaks was complaining about in the most ironic of fashions).

For us we'll never really know if this stuff is true or not unless something happens. And if something does happen we'll know (I'm being vague here because who knows what could happen but any action caused by this will be fucking serious).

This is pretty much the same problem with digital attribution. You're down to analysis unless somebody fucks up tremendously, but there's shitloads of circumstancial evidence and patterns that emerge if you watch that space for long enough. It's why even though you have infosec pros quibbling over the validity of specifics, there isn't really all that much push back against the conclusion that it was orchestrated by Russia. Biggest questions are what else did they do and who was involved, not did they do it.

Honestly the piss thing is a non-story. That's so incredibly unimportant that it's only funny to joke about it.

But that report is full to the absolute brim of treasonous shit that makes Donny into an actual manchurian candidate. That's the real story and I'm hopeful that reporters tomorrow run with that more than the piss thing (not being able to really publish the piss thing aside).

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    The Goldenest Timeline

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited January 2017
    The FBI apparently got a warrant to monitor some members of the Trump team suspected of irregular contacts with Russian officials back in October, but the Guardian doesn't know if anything came of it.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/10/fbi-chief-given-dossier-by-john-mccain-alleging-secret-trump-russia-contacts
    The Guardian has learned that the FBI applied for a warrant from the foreign intelligence surveillance (Fisa) court over the summer in order to monitor four members of the Trump team suspected of irregular contacts with Russian officials. The Fisa court turned down the application asking FBI counter-intelligence investigators to narrow its focus. According to one report, the FBI was finally granted a warrant in October, but that has not been confirmed, and it is not clear whether any warrant led to a full investigation.

Couscous on
    oh but comey didn't feel the need to tell us about that one

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Well they don't comment on ongoing investigations, you see

:rotate:

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Also, some of this came via the brits

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    are we sure that the kremlin doesn't also have something on comey

that's unverifiable speculation and you shouldn't believe it, but it would explain a lot

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    FISA rejected a request?

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    "recruited under duress by the FSB" is not a phrase anyone ever needs coming right after their name

This discussion has been closed.