As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's Webcomics, stupid.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    And another w/w ship pulls into port.

• AdusAdus Registered User regular
    And another w/w ship pulls into port.

waifu/waifu?

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    All angels are trans girls.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I'm fairly sure that waifu/waifu shipping is an oxymoron.

Also I'm fairly sure that it's not safe to ship anyone with someone whose surname is "Murder the Gods and Topple Their Thrones"

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Safe, no

Hot, yes

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    DoaTxS6.png

Tonight's DoA is about being reminded that there's not just one depressed alcoholic in the dorms.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    There are no actual men in K6BD, just women all the way down

Yis and Un, both smoking hot babes

VRXwDW7.png
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Ship Six Billion Demons

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    Ship Six Billion Demons

The ships are so strong, the ships are shipping ships.

pB0VXKq.jpg

• GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    Arguably that's a picture of a ship shipping ships shipping ships.

• WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    It's no use -- it's waifus all the way down!

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    It is....hard for my brain to process how fucking large that barge must be.

IKknkhU.gif
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    That barge is large AND in charge

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    How many angels have we seen in their, uh, spirit form?

Because we're 2 for 2 on femme from what I've seen. Well, when there's any recognizable human form whatsoever.

Miss me? Find me on:

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    michael's probably a pretty masculine bird

liEt3nH.png
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    The rogue angel who worked for the pleasure house, 23 (Liminal Blossom Punctures the Heart of the Unrepentant, Deliciously) also presented as femme, so yeah there might be something going on

Or it could be a huge coincidence that really is unfair to 82

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    DoaTxS6.png

Tonight's DoA is about being reminded that there's not just one depressed alcoholic in the dorms.

Jesus DoA is OK when it is doing humor

But when it is trying to do Characters With Issues it is just the most awkward, stilted, expository dialogue in webcomics.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.

Because we're 2 for 2 on femme from what I've seen. Well, when there's any recognizable human form whatsoever.

What we recognize as White Chain in her spirit form is her after changing her appearance to be more human. I imagine this goes beyond the face plate. Angels can probably change how they look at will.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    tumblr_ojlmc79Zxz1tg82ado1_500.jpg

Sleepless Domain
    A dark, unforgiving world in which magical girls have to go to school all week

Moth 13 on
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

I think that's a part of their nature.

My theory goes like this:
    The Angels are born of UN, the Male God of Absensce. As they maintain his ideals they remain abstract beings, absent of flesh and human form. In some ways much like the Servants, whose lives and personalities are far more rigid and symbolic than the children of YIS.
    Humans on the other hand belong to YIS, the black goddess of substance (just like Devils).
    As Angels take on the drives and interests of YIS and become more human they also take on the shape of the female. Which is why taking on femaleness is such a taboo among angels, it's a physical manifestation of their distance from the UN and abandonment of the the Law.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

roughly the size of Gaston, I'd wager

l3icwZV.png

There are people for scale near the bottom, just smallish boats

VRXwDW7.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Well canning vessels at sea are larger than I thought and you can smell them long before you see them
    Cruise ships are insane even when you have to do VBSS stuff on one

586e469747uXq.jpg
    Eagle Ordinary is a 40 fan comic
    http://www.eagleordinary.com/

I think that's a part of their nature.

My theory goes like this:
    The Angels are born of UN, the Male God of Absensce. As they maintain his ideals they remain abstract beings, absent of flesh and human form. In some ways much like the Servants, whose lives and personalities are far more rigid and symbolic than the children of YIS.
    Humans on the other hand belong to YIS, the black goddess of substance (just like Devils).
    As Angels take on the drives and interests of YIS and become more human they also take on the shape of the female. Which is why taking on femaleness is such a taboo among angels, it's a physical manifestation of their distance from the UN and abandonment of the the Law.

that answers my question completely!

thank you
    this is not sarcasm

Miss me? Find me on:

dumbcomic1.jpg
    Tourist Unknown

How would a no aliens policy work in a universe as diverse as the one she is in?

• CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Owenashi wrote: »
    DoaTxS6.png

Jesus DoA is OK when it is doing humor

But when it is trying to do Characters With Issues it is just the most awkward, stilted, expository dialogue in webcomics.

This is historically David Willis' major failing as a cartoonist.

He's a good gag writer. I'd even go so far as to claim that if you only look at his gag-strips, Willis is better than a lot of today's syndicated newspaper cartoonists.

But there's a pattern in Willis' cartooning. He starts out with a pretty enjoyable strip, that's about 75% humor/silliness, 25% story/drama. And then he starts getting super invested in the story, and basically begins taking fan requests because that's how he gets paid.

Sometimes, that can work. Avatar the Last Airbender, for example, got more dramatic and less silly, but the third and most dramatic season is the best by far.

But David Willis' writing goes to shit when he tries to pull the "Dramady" strip off. So only the first two years worth of material in each of his strips is worth reading. Then it all just slowly goes to hell.

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    "Better than a lot of today's syndicated newspaper cartoonists," ouch.

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    songs of innocence is a good album

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    Willis is excellent when he sticks to humor
    it's been years of him doing drama, though, but I think there hasn't been a whole lot of improvement in his storytelling

Miss me? Find me on:

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    az0VExe.png

Getting colourful in Gunnerkrigg Court

• WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    You asshats, you can't just leave! You stabbed a kid!

ey5C426.png

Not about himself or anime for once in Whomp!

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    az0VExe.png

Getting colourful in Gunnerkrigg Court

Annie is doin' work.

eating peanut butter with a spoon is gross

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    songs of innocence is a good album

volcano and raised by wolves are extremely good songs

This discussion has been closed.