As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Render

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Render

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    Num-num. The Jerry/Kris combo serves another delectable dish.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Man, Kris is effed... I just noticed the robed figures in the background in the third panel.

Also, get well soon Mike!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    I'm so tired of Mike changing up the art style.

</s>

• halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    Man, I feel old seeing Kris draw himself with salt and pepper hair.

• homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Man, Kris is effed... I just noticed the robed figures in the background in the third panel.

I didn't notice the ominous gate-like structure in the background until I saw the comic at full size.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    There have been mentions of cults in the deep woods for a while now in comics and podcasts. Good to get a closer peek at them.

Their eyes aren't where human eyes should be. Or where Kris usually draws human eyes.

H9f4bVe.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Does Mike have prePAX Pox?

steam_sig.png
  • halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    Does Mike have prePAX Pox?

No, his intestines tried to make a run for it. Unknown if they were going out though the belly button or the bean sack.

• GgrecoGgreco Maker of Arts Seattle, WARegistered User, Administrator, Penny Arcade Staff staff
    Aw beans, somebody spilled Broodhollow all over my Penny Arcade.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    There have been mentions of cults in the deep woods for a while now in comics and podcasts. Good to get a closer peek at them.

Their eyes aren't where human eyes should be. Or where Kris usually draws human eyes.

Looking at it again, they look like Jawas, Which isn't as worrisome!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I really love how down with this Kris is.
    He's just like "Yeah I can writhe. Let me know if my form is good."

steam_sig.png
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Seeing "Kris Straub" in text still makes me laugh.

• HevachHevach Registered User regular

I'm not worried about the hooded guys, I'm worried about the spikey horned guy(?) with the red glowing core. Because even if those are Jawas, that guys still about two feet taller than I like my spikey horned guys with red glowing cores.

• ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    I love seeing how far Mike and his fellow frequent guest artists have come art-wise. Thank you for the inspiration. :)

• swaylowswaylow Registered User regular
    Given the circumstances I doubt we'll get it, but I'd love to hear the DLC podcast behind this strip.

• MatthewTheLuckyMatthewTheLucky Registered User regular
    O HEL! O HELLE! O HELL!

• wallywestwallywest Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    I'm so tired of Mike changing up the art style.

</s>

I was only half paying attention as I read the strip and that was my first thought. lol

• ZomagicZomagic Registered User regular
    The ones with the tongue in cheek dark magic/ cult stuff are some of my favorites. Must say.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »

I'm not worried about the hooded guys, I'm worried about the spikey horned guy(?) with the red glowing core. Because even if those are Jawas, that guys still about two feet taller than I like my spikey horned guys with red glowing cores.

I thought that was a portal of some kind, not a person.

• GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »

Why not both?

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    GDT1985 wrote: »

Why not both?

Like the unsung hero of the Great Lakes Avengers, Doorman?

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    GDT1985 wrote: »

Why not both?

I thought it was a bonfire. So why not all three?

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Oh great, more occult stuff in my Penny Arcade
    :rotate:

• MatthewTheLuckyMatthewTheLucky Registered User regular
    Guys. It's an existing character. Go read Kris's stuff.

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    the extra "yes" in the last panel made me guffaw. like, that exact kind of laugh.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    Guys. It's an existing character. Go read Kris's stuff.

I didn't look that closely, but I have the Broodhollow paperbacks, and should have noticed.

• tofeitofei Registered User regular
    Broodhollow eh? That's why the art looks familiar.

• swaylowswaylow Registered User regular
    This podcast is everything.