As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sell me and school me on the 360

• LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Lave II wrote: »
    Woohoo thread, so all signs point to me getting a 360 delivered tomorrow, in a strange arrangement of birthdays, Xmas, fundraising, and so on.

But regardless, a few questions. Do we have a big list of peoples names to add people and what not? How does it work? I'm only used to friends codes?

Also, I've a 27 to 30" SDTV with RGB Scart, and a 14" LCD monitor that can pump out a massive 1024*768 at 50Hz. Is it worth picking up a vga cable for that? I'm tempted - if only for when the tv is in use.

Booyah! Make sure to add me when you set up your Gamertag (mine is "Lunkermesh"). I don't think we have a master database of PA tags, if only because the Friends List limit is 100 and we'd likely have far more than than. But feel free to toss me an invite for any and all mulitplayer XBLA games you end up grabbing, and that goes for anyone else out there.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Rolo wrote: »
    Actually, I recently got a 360 (Premium) as well, and have it hooked up to a monitor that runs at 1920 x 1200. Does anyone know the optimum set up of video settings/cables? I heard something about firmware that will do 1080p over VGA, although right now I'm just using component.

How do you have it hooked up to the moniter? The only way to get 1080p out of the 360 is the VGA cable or HDMI/HDMI to DVI cables. Component is good, but it's still analog. It was fine for me because my HDTV only does 720p & 1080i. So we need a bit more info on what you're doing.

I'm using the component out on the 360 to my 24" Benq FP241WZ, which has S-video, composite, DVI, VGA, Component and HDMI inputs. Then in the display settings for the console on the dashboard I pick "1080p" for the output. Games don't look as sharp as the graphics do from my PC, so I'm not sure if it's actually running in 1080p mode.

This may sound a little silly but you DO have the switch set to HD don't you on the composite cable? I've known quite a few people not do this :)

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    abducens wrote: »
    I hear there is the occassional hardware problem. There is a thread or two on this forum about it.

Now before the Microsoft Defense Force swoops in, the guy is considering buying a 360 and asked for info on it.

He deserves to know if he doesn't already.

Edit .. looks like someone did mention it, if prefaced by a "please don't actually read this" header:
    Edit: Casual buyers who are content with the MS 3-year warranty need not read the next paragraph!
    Re: Getting a Falcon. Just get the latest lot number/manufacture date you can. Shoot for at least lot 735+, and made October or later this year. Those are easy to check in-store (though not in a Black Friday crowd), and that will ensure you get an HDMI model that is at least a Zephyr. To greatly increase your "chances" at a Falcon, look on the outside label for team "FDOU", the latest possible lot number (in the 740s), and, if at all possible, a power supply notation on the label that reads "175W" instead of "203W". I understand from other forums that the 175W power supply is the single best indicator of a Falcon. But even without that, the team FDOU and late lot mean you're probably getting one anyway. (And really, you don't NEED to get a Falcon by any means. You're covered for 3 years!)

Yeah, for 3 years! After which, well.. you're actually prettty screwed. But three whole years!

If it's gonna do a RROD at all, it will do it within three years.

Daedalus on
    edited November 2007
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Actually, I recently got a 360 (Premium) as well, and have it hooked up to a monitor that runs at 1920 x 1200. Does anyone know the optimum set up of video settings/cables? I heard something about firmware that will do 1080p over VGA, although right now I'm just using component.

How do you have it hooked up to the moniter? The only way to get 1080p out of the 360 is the VGA cable or HDMI/HDMI to DVI cables. Component is good, but it's still analog. It was fine for me because my HDTV only does 720p & 1080i. So we need a bit more info on what you're doing.

I'm using the component out on the 360 to my 24" Benq FP241WZ, which has S-video, composite, DVI, VGA, Component and HDMI inputs. Then in the display settings for the console on the dashboard I pick "1080p" for the output. Games don't look as sharp as the graphics do from my PC, so I'm not sure if it's actually running in 1080p mode.

This may sound a little silly but you DO have the switch set to HD don't you on the composite cable? I've known quite a few people not do this :)

Also, some TVs apply odd scaling or filters to component signals that they don't apply to VGA signals, for some stupid reason.

Daedalus on
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It has really really really nice games.

They are super fun and I recommend getting a 360 to play them. And also get Call of Duty 4 first so I can shoot you.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    if you like flying games, I hear Ace Combat 6 is quite nice. I also enjoyed Over G Fighters, which should be in the bargain bin by now.

definitely take a look at Earth Defense Force, Assassin's Creed, Dead Rising, and Crackdown if you like being a total badass.

if you're into sandboxy games take a look at Crackdown and Just Cause. I assumed Just Cause would suck major ass, but picked it up anyway for like $5 on ebay and was pleasantly surprised.

Viva Pinata is a whole lot of fun despite its "kiddy look," its got some concepts that I would find extremely disturbing as a purely kids only oriented game.

if you haven't played it before Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is an absolute must buy on XBLA. Also if you haven't played the Every Extend Extra games, the XBLA one is a damn fine game to have. Speaking of XBLA games, if you enjoy puzzle games look no further than Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo: HD remix and/or Puzzle Quest.

if you're into racing take a look at PGR3/4 and Forza 2... maybe even forza 1 if you want to drop into back catalog.

if you like RPG's Mass Effect and Eternal Sonata are pretty much the only ones AFAIK, but they're both quality titles.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • abducensabducens __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Daedalus wrote: »
    I hear there is the occassional hardware problem. There is a thread or two on this forum about it.

Now before the Microsoft Defense Force swoops in, the guy is considering buying a 360 and asked for info on it.

Edit .. looks like someone did mention it, if prefaced by a "please don't actually read this" header:
    Edit: Casual buyers who are content with the MS 3-year warranty need not read the next paragraph!
    Re: Getting a Falcon. Just get the latest lot number/manufacture date you can. Shoot for at least lot 735+, and made October or later this year. Those are easy to check in-store (though not in a Black Friday crowd), and that will ensure you get an HDMI model that is at least a Zephyr. To greatly increase your "chances" at a Falcon, look on the outside label for team "FDOU", the latest possible lot number (in the 740s), and, if at all possible, a power supply notation on the label that reads "175W" instead of "203W". I understand from other forums that the 175W power supply is the single best indicator of a Falcon. But even without that, the team FDOU and late lot mean you're probably getting one anyway. (And really, you don't NEED to get a Falcon by any means. You're covered for 3 years!)

Yeah, for 3 years! After which, well.. you're actually prettty screwed. But three whole years!

Interesting. Can you use your time machine to tell me who wins the next three Super Bowls, World Series, and Stanley Cups? Flights to Vegas are cheap right now, so please advise. Thanks!

If there is someone out there who has owned an Xbox 360 for 3+ years who can chime in with some actual anecdotals on this, that'd be great too. Anyone?

abducens on
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Interesting. Can you use your time machine to tell me who wins the next three Super Bowls, World Series, and Stanley Cups? Flights to Vegas are cheap right now, so please advise. Thanks!

If there is someone out there who has owned an Xbox 360 for 3+ years who can chime in with some actual anecdotals on this, that'd be great too. Anyone?

alright we get it, you don't like microsoft. This is about the time where someone says "don't come into a "I'm thinking of getting a 360, tell me games" thread giving reason to not get one especially if its now common knowledge"

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Ive had my 360 for 2 years and it works perfectly.

Before that Bill Gates had it and was playing it non stop for at least 5 years, so Ive had mine for 7.

Can we be done with this shit now? And get back to advising good games for him to get?

Dead Rising. Ive said it a million times: compulsory purchase for new 360 owners. Exceptional fun, totally sandbox, and well very few games let you kill zombies with toy lightsabers. Awesome is the only word to describe it.

Gears of War. I know some people dont like to be pegged as 'The graphics whore' but well every system you buy should have one game that you can show off to people and wow them. Gears is this game. It isnt a first person shooter, and isnt 'run and gun'. It has variation to the levels, is not 'all grey' like some people would have you believe. Is very cinematic and very exciting.

Viva Pinata. Great game and definitely not 'for kids'. It is a deep strategy game of garden management. great graphics and interesting gameplay. Believe me when I say you will be like a crack addict for flutterscotch.

Mass Effect. Just came out. My game of the year pick so far by a long way. Deep RPG with some shooting mechanics rivalling most actual shooters. Stunning visuals and an obscenely good plot and storyline. Not to mention it is the first part of a trilogy and DLC is en route, so is a great thing to get off the bat. Truly exceptional game.

There are a whole fuckton of other games I could reccommend but those four are a great batch to get started with. Wide spread of genre and style, with a diverse set of visuals and gameplay style.

Im sure many people have mentioned the other 'usual suspect'

Rainbow Six Vegas

Assassin's Creed

Halo 3

PGR4/Forza

These are good games to get later on. I think my choice of 4 is a good 'introduction' to the best games on the system, and also is not 'a big list of shooters'

The_Scarab on
  • DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    So what games did you end up buying? How's your library looking?

I've got Crackdown, Assassin's Creed, and Dead Rising coming in the mail (though I won't be able to play in HD for at least a month, so from what I've heard I'll want to hold off on DR), with Mass Effect and GH3 coming at some point in the future (a free 360 games referral/offer-type site that takes forever to mail). I'm buying Rock Band as soon as I get home for the holidays so I don't have to deal with shipping it home.

It kinda sucks that I don't have any games now other than the 5 XBLA games that it came with (although Pac-Man's pretty awesome), and I can't hook it up to the web yet so no Live for a little while, but things'll improve soon enough.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    DeathPrawn wrote: »
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    So what games did you end up buying? How's your library looking?

I've got Crackdown, Assassin's Creed, and Dead Rising coming in the mail (though I won't be able to play in HD for at least a month, so from what I've heard I'll want to hold off on DR), with Mass Effect and GH3 coming at some point in the future (a free 360 games referral/offer-type site that takes forever to mail). I'm buying Rock Band as soon as I get home for the holidays so I don't have to deal with shipping it home.

It kinda sucks that I don't have any games now other than the 5 XBLA games that it came with (although Pac-Man's pretty awesome), and I can't hook it up to the web yet so no Live for a little while, but things'll improve soon enough.

Sounds good. Don't forget Puzzle Quest. Telling you about it made me play again.
    Curse you!

Djiem on
  • DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Eh, I've already got the DS version. Is there any compelling reason to pay for it again?

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
    edited November 2007
    Eh, I've already got the DS version. Is there any compelling reason to pay for it again?

No.

the only XBLA titles you need are

Catan
    geometry wars
    carcasonne

and possibly some retro titles. i own sonic 1 and 2 mainly because my mega drive is dead. worth it, i enjoy those games a lot.

The_Scarab on
    edited November 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »

Before that Bill Gates had it and was playing it non stop for at least 5 years, so Ive had mine for 7.

Can we be done with this shit now? And get back to advising good games for him to get?

Huh? Have we entered the realm of just making stuff up now?

Sorry folks, he deserves to know. Feel free to Microsoft Defense Force it all you want, but it doesn't appear given to me that he knows about the hardware issues.

Heck, someone else posted some hardware tips, and then edited it to essentially beg him to not actually read it! "Oh if you're just a casual gamer, you, uh .. don't need to read this. So, uh, don't."

You folks do him a disservice by trying to ensure he doesn't hear word one about this stuff. I've started the dialogue and pointed him where to go. Shoot the messenger all you want, at least we're sure he knows about it now.

abducens on
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

No.

the only XBLA titles you need are

Catan
    geometry wars
    carcasonne

and possibly some retro titles. i own sonic 1 and 2 mainly because my mega drive is dead. worth it, i enjoy those games a lot.

Well, Uno's fun too if you plan on going online. Puzzle Fighter is surprisingly awesome too.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • couttscoutts Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Must cease playing Luxon 2 and go to sleep.. or eat.. or something..

coutts on
    Pearl FC - 2535 1604 7594 // Black FC - 2494 3438 2717
    scorpex.jpg
    edited November 2007

Sorry folks, he deserves to know. Feel free to Microsoft Defense Force it all you want, but it doesn't appear given to me that he knows about the hardware issues.

Heck, someone else posted some hardware tips, and then edited it to essentially beg him to not actually read it! "Oh if you're just a casual gamer, you, uh .. don't need to read this. So, uh, don't."

You folks do him a disservice by trying to ensure he doesn't hear word one about this stuff. I've started the dialogue and pointed him where to go. Shoot the messenger all you want, at least we're sure he knows about it now.

The failure rate of 360s has been blown way out of proportion by a vocal minority. It is there but its not like a ticking time bomb as you suggested.

You were being incredibly misleading by suggesting that if he bought one it was only a matter of time before it broke, suggesting the 3 year warranty might not be good enough.

You were being more misleading than anyone else.

the hardware faults of the 360 are known, and there. But they are hardly 'inevitable' or 'bound to happen'

Which was why I explained how my actual 2 year old 360 was working perfectly. As do many other peoples 360s.

And we arent a Microsoft defense force. I prefer to think of myself as the common sense brigade.

The_Scarab on
  • stranger678stranger678 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Are you seriously trying to claim that someone on this board is unaware that 360 has an issue with RROD? Cause that's just awesome right there. I just assumed you were trolling. In fact you are the blatantly obvious brigade out to ensure the spread of common knowledge to all. Well done sir.

stranger678 on
    PASig.jpg
    edited November 2007
    My goodness with the protesting-too-much. All I did is say there were a couple threads here on hardware failures he should read. If you guys could have left it alone, I'd have been gone. But [trumpet]durr-durr-durr!![/trumpet] Microsoft Defense Force to action!

Seriously you guys have no idea whether he knows about the hardware issues at all. I brought it up jsut in case he didn't know. Just accept it and move on. You know, he hasn't exactly piped in yet saying "I already knew about that stuff, but hey thanks anyway! Nice to know someone here is looking out for me!"

abducens on
    edited November 2007
    You were being incredibly misleading by suggesting that if he bought one it was only a matter of time before it broke, suggesting the 3 year warranty might not be good enough.

I said no such thing. All I did is suggest there were other threads here he might want to read regarding hardware, and that after 3 years he is SOL - it is for him to decide if that 3 years is good enough. Anything untrue there?

abducens on
    edited November 2007
    Oh for the eff word's sake, not again.

Look, the reason people are getting annoyed is that you're going on the offensive/possibly trolling in a thread where someone is innocently asking for advice.

Which is earning you jerk points. And making your cause look worse by association.

Again.

cloudeagle on
    edited November 2007
    someone is innocently asking for advice.

Which I'm providing. But I guess only advice that makes the 360 look good is passable. Is that it?

If you were about to drop $350 on a console, wouldn't you want to know if it has significant hardware problems?

Not sure what you think "my cause" is. Today, my cause is to make sure the OP has all the information he needs to make a sound purchase. That may still be a 360, which for him I'm sure would be a great choice.

abducens on
    edited November 2007

Which I'm providing. But I guess only advice that makes the 360 look good is passable. Is that it?

If you were about to drop $350 on a console, wouldn't you want to know if it has significant hardware problems?

Why is he shit out of luck after 3 years?

The_Scarab on
  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Look, we get it -- you're posting on a message board. You don't need to keep parroting the Defense Force meme wherever you see a chance. It was funny when it was new about six months ago.

(And a third time as I type this up! Hat trick!)

The early run of 360s had a pretty big run on defective hardware, but allegedly (and I've seen nothing contrary to contradict the report) the motherboard-warping hardware design flaws have been fixed. It was a hot-button issue a year ago but lately it's not nearly as prevalent as the echo chamber of the Internet blew it up to before. No one's trying to say that the hardware is bulletproof, but it's not really as crucial of an issue now. Some people might still be wary, but the new RROD-specific warranty is about three times as long as all of the other console hardware warranties, and any gear has a chance at crapping out, really -- so long as it's under warranty (like 360s or Wiis or Rock Band peripherals) at least people won't be paying extra for repairs.

Ultimately, hardware is just a gateway to get to the games, so in the vein of other awesome XBLA titles: I definitely suggest downloading all of the demos and checking stuff out for yourself. If anyone likes twin-stick shooters you obviously can't go wrong with Geometry Wars, but also check out Mutant Storm Empire and Heavy Weapon, which are completely badass. I'm a huge E4 fan, too, but it's more like a game/Winamp plugin hybrid.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
    edited November 2007

Not sure what you think "my cause" is. Today, my cause is to make sure the OP has all the information he needs to make a sound purchase. That may still be a 360, which for him I'm sure would be a great choice.

Reading your post history is interesting, you may not have a cause, but you read like the most polite troll ever. Of the 25 posts I read, 2 that were about Mist, and then like 20 that were either pimping for sony, or RROD comments. Seriously, this is an enthusiast board, we all know that MS has hardware problems, let's move on.

stranger678 on
    PASig.jpg
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I only read the tl;dr, but I just wanted to say, I've been in a very similar 'almost ready to buy a 360' position for a long time now.

So with that in mind, here's my opinion on it:

1. Great traditional console. It takes everything we've known about console gaming and improves upon all of it. Graphics/online/good controller.
    2. Fairly good bang/buck; still a little pricey at $350 for cost of entry, but at least you're nice hardware for it.
    3. RROD is a concern.. not sure if the new chips are being sold yet.. but, there's always the 3 year RROD warranty.. so I'm not too worried about this.
    4. Games games games! Gotta love'em: Gears of War, Bioshock, COD4, Orange Box, Halo 3, Rock Band, GH2/3, Mass Effect, Virtua Fighter, Ghost Recon, R6 Vegas, Forza, PGR, Oblivion, Splinter Cell, Dead Rising, Viva Pinata, Asssn Creed, Ace Combat 6, Virtua tennis, maybe Lost Planet.
    5. Live Arcade! That's a big deal for me: Castlevania SOTN, Puzzle Quest, Geometry Wars, Pacman CE, Super Puzzle Fighter 2 HD, Doom, Alien Hominid HD, Mutant Storm, all those classic arcade games, the Street Fighter 2 HD Remix or whatever. Yeah. I know I'm forgetting some, too.
    6. Online multi; this is... not a huge selling point for me, but it is really good and probably something I'd take advantage of once I get a 360.

That about sums it up. My biggest 2 gripes with the system right now are the RROD and the price tag. Both of those are on the verge of being 'fixed' for me though.

slash000 on
    edited November 2007
    All the recommendations so far have been sound and exactly what I was looking at when I was making the decision to buy this console. Which culminated in my dropping 120 dollars to buy the arcade version and Dead Rising today.

coutts on
    scorpex.jpg
    edited November 2007
    What is the disadvantage of getting the cheaper Xbox Arcade thing instead of the regular xbox360?

I mean, yeah, lack of HDD. But does that really make much of a difference?

slash000 on
    edited November 2007
    slash000 wrote: »
    What is the disadvantage of getting the cheaper Xbox Arcade thing instead of the regular xbox360?

No hard drive means no backwards compatibility, And it doesn't come packed in with HD Cables, only composite.

stranger678 on
    PASig.jpg
    edited November 2007

Reading your post history is interesting, you may not have a cause, but you read like the most polite troll ever. Of the 25 posts I read, 2 that were about Mist, and then like 20 that were either pimping for sony, or RROD comments. Seriously, this is an enthusiast board, we all know that MS has hardware problems, let's move on.

This.

Edit: And yeah, if BC, Live and downloadable games aren't a big deal to you, you're ok without a hard drive.

cloudeagle on
    edited November 2007

No hard drive means no backwards compatibility, And it doesn't come packed in with HD Cables, only composite.

Does that affect the retail games much? The lack of HDD? (I don't have an HDTV so I don't mind about the cables)

slash000 on
    edited November 2007
    Well, I don't believe it will affect gameplay, and it comes with a 256MB memory unit, so your fine for game saves, but you will miss out on some pimpalicious arcade titles with that kind of restricted memory, but you can add a Hard Drive later if you want (Stupid expensive, but available)

stranger678 on
    PASig.jpg
    edited November 2007

Does that affect the retail games much? The lack of HDD? (I don't have an HDTV so I don't mind about the cables)

It is quite the opposite kind of situation.

Because the No HDD sku exists no retail game has been allowed to force you to use it.

some games use it to cache. Halo 3 for example.

The only downside will be longer load times. thats all.

the arcade sku is a good jumping off point i think. not many people really realise how good of a deal it is.

what MS should really do is lower the price of extra hard drives, then the arcade sku would be a much better prospect.

for someone who wants a 360 but without much 'risk' as it were, its the best choice.

The_Scarab on
  • corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited November 2007

I think the biggest problem is patches, map packs and expansion packs. Plus demos videos etc. They hard drive is actually pretty important. I wouldn't want a 360 without one. In fact it is getting harder for me not to buy the bigger drive.

corin7 on
    edited November 2007
    corin7 wrote: »

I think the biggest problem is patches, map packs and expansion packs. Plus demos videos etc. They hard drive is actually pretty important. I wouldn't want a 360 without one. In fact it is getting harder for me not to buy the bigger drive.

Well, without a hard drive you can't play online, so map packs are useless to the drive-less anyway. And there haven't been too many downloadable expansion packs that were worthwhile/weren't based around map packs. So the "if you don't care about online, no drive is fine" still applies.

But yeah, all retail games (save Final Fantasy 11, which is online-only) are made with the assumption that you don't have a big drive.

cloudeagle on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I said no such thing. All I did is suggest there were other threads here he might want to read regarding hardware, and that after 3 years he is SOL - it is for him to decide if that 3 years is good enough. Anything untrue there?

3 years is an extremely long time for a warranty

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007

Some games use it to cache, so you might have longer load times, but nothing (except FFXI) requires it.

Forget about downloading game demos or any significant amount of Xbox Live Arcade stuff on that memory card, too.

Oh, and you don't get Forza 2 and MUA with the Arcade.

For me, I got a $50 off deal on the Pro on Black Friday, so I took it, as $300 was the price point I was waiting for.

Daedalus on
  • LotharsLothars Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I have to say though that the RROD is a big concern even for me who has a 360 and even with the warrenty, it still should be something that when your buying the 360, you should look at because it's a huge flaw with the 360.

To say it's time to move on because we all know about the hardware problems, no it's not until it's certain that it's not as big of a problem as it is, and right now there's no guarentee of that.

The hardware revisions are helping it but it's not always certain if you buy one with revisions or not

Lothars on
    edited November 2007
    I picked up the arcade cause it was 200 dollars off with 8 trade ins worth min 8 dollars.

You can play online without a hard drive it says so right in the Xbox Live brochure, it says you need a memory unit.

At the price i bought it it's cheaper to get the arcade and then buy a hard drive than it is to get the pro.

coutts on
    scorpex.jpg
  • HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You can always get a 20gb hard drive via eBay down the road. They're around $50 at the moment. I've been researching that market since I'm selling the 20gb HD that came with my new Pro. (I'd love to sell it to a PAer for a bit of a discount, though... any Arcade/Core owners out there, send me a PM if you're interested.)

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.