As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars: Armada] Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Damnit, I don't get paid till tomorrow.

It ends Sunday

• Options
    edited November 2016

Arriving Dec 1 - Dec 3
    Not yet shipped
    Track package
    Star Wars Armada: CR90 Corellian Corvette Expansion Pack
    Fantasy Flight Games
    Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
    $11.27
    Condition: New
    Add gift option
    Buy it Again
    Star Wars Armada: Imperial Raider Expansion Pack Board Game
    Fantasy Flight Games
    $14.49
    Add gift option
    Buy it Again
    Star Wars Armada: Gladiator-class Star Destroyer Expansion Pack
    Fantasy Flight Games
    $24.67
    Add gift option
    Buy it Again
    Star Wars Armada: Imperial Fighter Squadrons Expansion Pack
    Fantasy Flight
    $14.99
    Add gift option
    Buy it Again
    Star Wars Armada: Rogues and Villains Expansion Pack Board Game
    Fantasy Flight Games
    $12.45
    Add gift option
    Buy it Again
    Star Wars: Armada Game
    Fantasy Flight Games
    $55.98
    Add gift option
    Buy it Again
    Star Wars Armada: Imperial Class Star Destroyer Expansion Pack Board Game
    Fantasy Flight Games
    Sold by: bringbackdeals
    $28.98
    Add gift option
    Buy it Again

so....

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Dang, when the hell is the next expansion wave gonna launch?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Dang, when the hell is the next expansion wave gonna launch?

Sometime around christmas, it looks like.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Really looking forward to the campaign for new squadron cards and mission scenarios.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    There's going to be a giant drop of FFG product in the next couple of weeks, starting with Destiny and New Angeles next week.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    the ISD is almost as big as the x-wing huge ships

good lord

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    the ISD is almost as big as the x-wing huge ships

good lord

I bought that ship a good 1-2 months before I actually got Armada. It is such a fantastic model. It sat on my desk at work and generated much conversation.

If I was at all crafty I would do a LED conversion on it.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Amazon has the VSD on sale for $14.75 as a deal of the day for 5 more hours.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Armada-Victory-Class-Destroyer/dp/1616619945/

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/

wave V and corellian conflict are now shipping

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/12/9/the-empires-interests/

Imperial Light Cruiser Expansion Pack article.

Minister Tua lets ships without a defense upgrade gain one and small ships can gain a second one! This is a big help to Victories.

Also reinforced blast doors can be discarded to discard three face down damage cards from a ship.

The ships are cheap and have three red dice on their broadsides for long rage fire.

It seems like a very nice ship that I will need several of.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Blast doors is nutso

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Blast doors is nutso

I agree, especially on an efficient ship like that light cruiser. I can see a swarm of like 4 of those and a few Raiders for anti-fighter work being really sexy.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Rogue 1 spoilers if you haven't seen it yet.
    So, when do we get the Hammerhead Corvette, and does it come with a "Ram and push" upgrade?

• Options
    edited December 2016
    So, when do we get the Hammerhead Corvette, and does it come with a "Ram and push" upgrade?

Just saw the movie...
    Oh man if you can end up pushing around star destroyers it would be AWESOME. "Woops, looks like I just pushed your ESD into my Mon Cal's broadside. How did that happen?"

Mechanically I could see it happening based on which quadrant you hit the ship. It moves it a certain amount left, right, forward or backward. I can't wait to see.

webguy20 on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »

Just saw the movie...
    Oh man if you can end up pushing around star destroyers it would be AWESOME. "Woops, looks like I just pushed your ESD into my Mon Cal's broadside. How did that happen?"

Mechanically I could see it happening based on which quadrant you hit the ship. It moves it a certain amount left, right, forward or backward. I can't wait to see.
    I was thinking maybe it would allow you to adjust the movement for that ships next turn, moving the first turn on the maneuver tool all the way to one side. Like, you hit the ship from the left side, it's next turn the first turn on the maneuver dial gets moved all the way to the right. After that the ship can somewhat correct its course for the turn.

Of course, I'm not a game designer, so I'm betting that whatever FFG does will be far better implemented than my idea.

I'm also hoping that the size of the ramming ship is taken into account. Like, if a Corvette rams a star destroyer full on, will that destroyer move less than it would if it had been an MC30?
    Will the size of the target ship matter? Will a VSD move further than an ISD?

So many questions. Somebody start offing Bothans until we get answers.

• Options
    I'm excited to see whatever they come up with.

Goddamn I need an armada league night at my game store. Maybe I'll talk to em'.

• Options
    sullijosullijo mid-level minion subterranean bunkerRegistered User regular
    More daily deals on Amazon -- I just picked up a Corellian Corvette for $7.19 (it's an add-on deal -- order must be $25) and a Nebulan-B for $9.68.

When I was driving once I saw this painted on a bridge:
    "I don't want the world, I just want your half"
  • Options
    what do you folks use for storage/transport?

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Haven't figured that out yet, but I really should... My local store just put their Armada stuff on 40% off.. so.. I.. doubled up pretty much every capital ship.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    MM has a sale on a line of storage that I've never heard of before, but are apparently very good?

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/searchresults?q=gpp+sale+december+2016

• Options
    Those foam trays look like the ones that our store has.

So far, I've been avoiding pluck foam. I'm not sure why.. That looks like it could easily meet the needs of Armada, which is more sturdy than custom painted stuff and definitely more secure than pewter.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I just use the foam that comes in the shaving razors at work since they throw it in the plastic to be recycled I just fish it out
    I can cut it up and use a glue stick to get what I want just getting the case is the problem as I used a pistol case for years for my 40k army and would like to avoid that again

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    MM has a sale on a line of storage that I've never heard of before, but are apparently very good?

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/searchresults?q=gpp+sale+december+2016

I have one of the bags. It's decent enough. I have not used their foam, however.

I was using Battlefoam for my xwing, but I found that this does not scale very well to the size of my collection, so I went looking for alternatives. I stumbled across this: http://sirwillibald.com/games/star-wars-armada/

Which seems sturdy enough for my needs, and modular enough for my needs that I can grab the boxes I actually want to transport, and throw those into a miniatures bag and go.

That guy also has designs for Aramada. So my plan, when I stop being lazy and unpack a few more things, is to actually print up a bunch of those for all my armada gear.

HexDex on
    If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    Oh my god that is awesome and perfect.

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    I basically have a Husky toolchest for fighters and small ships and then a bigger empty plastic toolbox with foam in it for the big ships. I'm running out of space and if I actually bought into the last wave to come out I'd probably have to expand the storage.

• Options
    Lykouragh wrote: »
    I basically have a Husky toolchest for fighters and small ships and then a bigger empty plastic toolbox with foam in it for the big ships. I'm running out of space and if I actually bought into the last wave to come out I'd probably have to expand the storage.

I have the big plano that everybody uses for my xwing minis, and I'm out of space with that so I gotta figure something out there

I wound up ordering that MM pluck foam, so I'll let everybody know how it works out when it comes in

• Options
    Today I obtained a Pelta cruiser and the Corellian Campaign box mainly for Sato and the fighter cards respectively.

Sato in a fleet with a Nebulon-B Salvation seems just disgusting, firing long range black dice.

The store had no Imperial light cruisers or rebel squadrons II. Guess those are in high demand.

• Options
    moff jerjerrod is amazing

• Options
    I am getting tired of my horrible slapped together storage solution. I might just splurge on Feldherr storage for everything and be done with it.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    haha god i love this thread title

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Unfortunately, my local game store won't run armada stuff any more except for regional tournaments
    "we don't have enough Local interest (1 Local at Regionals) to run events that won't pull interstate players."

I can't blame him for the decision, but it sucks.

• Options
    As Armada tends to take us longer to play after school than X-Wing, we've decided to try smaller point games and settled on starting at 250 points to see how long it takes.

I then set about making a SUPER dumb list involving the dumbest Mon Cal Cruiser ever.

DUMB LIST: 250 points

MC80 Battle Cruiser -188
    -Commander Sato
    -Raymus Antillies
    -Gunnery Team
    -Engine Techs
    -Leading Shots
    -Spinal Armaments
    -Quad Turbolaser Cannons
    -Mon Karen

GR-75 Medium Transport -29
    -Toryn Farr
    -Comms Net
    -Bright Hope

Shara Brey -A-Wing -17
    Tycho Celchu -16

I thought about putting Madine on there to make the Liberty just shoot around super fast with the GR-75 feeidng it navigate commands while it keeps concentrating fire with Antillies, but I had two spare points and Sato seems fun.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Played the first round of the CORELLIAN CONFLICT with my buddy. Apparently it's designed for four players so we just counted each other as two players so we have both two fleets.

Starting wasn't too bad and we each picked a mission to attack the other.

The base building / repairing your ships and permanently losing Unique Characters / Squadrons is really awesome.

Two thumbs up.

Oh, my only problem with it is that the map is a fold up poster, not a board like a board game. Kind of lame.

EDIT: Anyone found binder pages that will hold the Ship Cards? They're just a little larger than the card size for Squadrons.

MegaMan001 on
  • Options
    Played the first round of the CORELLIAN CONFLICT with my buddy. Apparently it's designed for four players so we just counted each other as two players so we have both two fleets.

The base building / repairing your ships and permanently losing Unique Characters / Squadrons is really awesome.

Two thumbs up.

Oh, my only problem with it is that the map is a fold up poster, not a board like a board game. Kind of lame.

EDIT: Anyone found binder pages that will hold the Ship Cards? They're just a little larger than the card size for Squadrons.

look for tarot sheets

• Options
    I have access to a color printer at work and got some card stock. Current progress.

ntewxfpm18kl.jpeg

Cutting these things out during slow periods between classes coming into the library. Printed off most of my Rebel ships and squadrons before I ran out of cardstock. Need to get more. I want to see how much space this all takes up when finished. I like the labeled gear boxes. They keep all the tokens, dials, and base parts together speeding up setup time.

• Options
    I bought 250 sheets of cardstock for that. I do not know if I am going to use work resources... probably shouldn't, but I need to get a good cutter/scorer. Next paycheck...

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    I bought 250 sheets of cardstock for that. I do not know if I am going to use work resources... probably shouldn't, but I need to get a good cutter/scorer. Next paycheck...

So far I've made all of the ones I've printed except for the four Y-Wings and four B-Wings. I am developing good box folding skills. I use a metal ruler to fold the edges and it works well.

Still need to print out a Liberty, two MC30s, and two Assault Frigates. No Pelta box has been made yet.

Then it is on to the Imperials. I did made an Imperial Star Destroyer box once but out of normal paper. It was nice.

• Options
    Stopped by the other Game Shoppe to kill time before 8th grade open house starts. They restocked so I bought two Imperial Light Cruisers. Shout out to @SJ who is still rocking there.

• Options

Two thumbs up.

look for tarot sheets

I haven't had any luck through Amazon or Google, could you be more specific?