As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Wars: Armada] Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Played the first round of the CORELLIAN CONFLICT with my buddy. Apparently it's designed for four players so we just counted each other as two players so we have both two fleets.

Starting wasn't too bad and we each picked a mission to attack the other.

The base building / repairing your ships and permanently losing Unique Characters / Squadrons is really awesome.

Two thumbs up.

Oh, my only problem with it is that the map is a fold up poster, not a board like a board game. Kind of lame.

EDIT: Anyone found binder pages that will hold the Ship Cards? They're just a little larger than the card size for Squadrons.

look for tarot sheets

I haven't had any luck through Amazon or Google, could you be more specific?

I forgot they don't make binder sheets for tarot sized cards, just sleeves

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003AOG42Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

is your best bet for large ship cards

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Those are what I use. They are bigger than the ship cards. I actually put all cards of a ship in the same pocket and also slide in the component list/rules insert that all the ship expansions come with. It helps pad it out to keep the cards from sliding as much.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am still slowly plugging away at making more of those tiny storage boxes. Finished all the Rebels and I've just finished the Imperial fighters and the big complicated Star Destroyer box. Just have the other Imperial ships and their gear boxes and the Rogues and Villains. I also made a neat storage box with dividers to hold all the upgrade cards. It makes it slighter more difficult to look at the cards compared to the binder pages I had but I got tired of having to reorganize whole pages of cards because I got one new on that went in the middle.

I also printed off a crazy complicated card and token organizer designed to keep everything for one ship all together during play. I will attempt to build that behemoth tomorrow.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Started on my boxes too! Through 5 so far - 2 Neb B, 2 Corvette, 1 MC30. It's going to be a long slog.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Athenor wrote: »
    Started on my boxes too! Through 5 so far - 2 Neb B, 2 Corvette, 1 MC30. It's going to be a long slog.

It is. But once done, It will be a much easier thing to keep updated as new ships come out.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I also need/want to do my X-wing collection too...

*sighs* so much paper and glue.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch

Shit man. I am not that crazy.

Once done I can figure out how much space everything tales up and either find a nice storage container to carry everything, or break them out into Imperial and Rebel boxes.

edited January 2017

Shit man. I am not that crazy.

Once done I can figure out how much space everything tales up and either find a nice storage container to carry everything, or break them out into Imperial and Rebel boxes.

I'm thinking banker's boxes will be fine. Everything should compact down really, really well.

I may have bought a dedicated printer and paper cutter/scorer and punch for this....

(I don't know the meaning of half-assing things, apparently)

Edit:

Here's what all I have to organize...
    7C4OZL7h.jpg

Athenor on
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Haha holy shit dude! That is a pile of ships!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    I think I just felt my inner OCD case curl up and start crying.

Putting these imperial fighters into thier new little boxes gave me the urge to paint them all. Help. This might be the end of me. They are so small and so identical.

see317 wrote: »
    I think I just felt my inner OCD case curl up and start crying.

I am half OCD half hoarder. It's.. a hell of a thing.

Luckily, progress is being made!
    nnpCFulh.jpg

edited January 2017
    BTW, @timspork's ghost -- I just checked the microhangers have been updated to v4.0, including the Liberty and the Interdictor!

Edit: Oh shit, he's doing "epic hangars" for the large X-wing ships...

Athenor on
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    BTW, @timspork's ghost -- I just checked the microhangers have been updated to v4.0, including the Liberty and the Interdictor!

Going to have to use straight up cardboard for those.

Pro Tip for the Victory Ship box.

Since it was one of the first ones he did, if you build it as printed it can be a little wonky. I recommend taking the side tabs that glue to the inside of the box and cut little wedges out of them. Just look at later boxes and you will see what I mean. They are square on the Victory and that causes problems.

Pro Tip for the Victory Ship box.

Since it was one of the first ones he did, if you build it as printed it can be a little wonky. I recommend taking the side tabs that glue to the inside of the box and cut little wedges out of them. Just look at later boxes and you will see what I mean. They are square on the Victory and that causes problems.

I just completed that box last night, and I see what you mean. I struggled through it, but I'll do the cuts for the 2nd one I need to make. Also there is no reinforcement on the front side, which feels a little wonky.
    webguy20 wrote: »

Going to have to use straight up cardboard for those.

Nope! He said he got the strength he needed with just the same papercraft. Granted it is 9 pages and there are a lot of internal structural supports, but it is still impressive.

I finished all the ships except for the Light Cruisers and the Pelta since there are not boxes for those yet.

Going to start on the crazy command box thing. It has different direction of folds.

Then I just have the dice box, ship and fighter card boxes and the damage deck dispenser.

Then to figure out how to transport everything efficiently.

Okay this crazy command box thing is way to complicated for me. I think I'll come back to it.

Dang. I need boxes for Corellian Campaign stuff. The little box I made for the Objective cards isn't big enough for the extra campaign ones.

I got everything in its boxes. I seem to have lost an Engineering command token. Also I have six extra brace defense tokens and no idea why. I double checked everything, including the fighters and everything has its required amount.

edited January 2017
    I got everything in its boxes. I seem to have lost an Engineering command token. Also I have six extra brace defense tokens and no idea why. I double checked everything, including the fighters and everything has its required amount.

I think there is a ship or two that has different defense tokens on the front vs. the back. I forget which one that is.. maybe the Imp?

Edit: And maybe a commander or officer can impart extra defense.

Athenor on

I think there is a ship or two that has different defense tokens on the front vs. the back. I forget which one that is.. maybe the Imp?

Edit: And maybe a commander or officer can impart extra defense.

Hmmm. I got the one MC80 title that adds a contain. I just looked through the ship cards and they are the same for each ship model.

Here is everything.

Rebels
    ao1b7njuea9z.jpg

Imperials
    u0y76cq4iw1y.jpg

I either need a bigger storage box or I need a second one of these Plano toolboxes. All the rebel stuff fits but I don't have much more room to go on the inside before it interferes with the insert tray the fighters are on.

I just completed the Imp box.

Hoooly shit.

Uh. I might have started painting my Imperial fighters...

Dark god help me.

Going with Blue-Grey for the Bombers and Interceptors and the whiter-grey for the Fighters and Advanced like they are in ANH. Thought it would add a little but of variety to the boring drab Imperial forces.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

Dark god help me.

Going with Blue-Grey for the Bombers and Interceptors and the whiter-grey for the Fighters and Advanced like they are in ANH. Thought it would add a little but of variety to the boring drab Imperial forces.

were your guardsmen not enough
    , you crazy crazy man

edited January 2017
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Dark god help me.

were your guardsmen not enough
    , you crazy crazy man

I FUCKING KNOW. GOD-EMPEROR SAVE ME.

Luckily I on;y have the squadrons from the core set and a single expansion. No doubles on those guys.

I then have to do the Villains as well.

Librarian's ghost on

Oh and then I need to put paint to my Light Cruisers and Interdictor. I dry brush them with white to bring the overall color up several brightnesses to be more like ANH colors.

Here is where I am at the moment. I am using fine tip sharpies to color in the solar panels. Fel has his red stripe on his Interceptor. My two sharpies died before I could finish, they were already pretty old. I still have an Advanced squadron and Bomber Squadron to finish.

n2okg2z6vakh.jpg

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Ooh! I keep forgetting to post my "painted" squadrons. Remind me to do that later.

... especially because I need to start in on the transport-sized ships from Heroes and Villains, and those I'm not so sure how to do. Any thoughts / hints / tips?

Elvenshae on
    Holy crap does that make things look better.

*sighs* You are a horrible crack pusher, ghost of timspork.

So I've been having a hell of a week between work and home, and I came in to work today to find a copy of the Corellian Conflict and an Interdictor on my desk. My Co-worker bought them for me. We got into X-wing together and play a fair amount, and while he hasn't gotten into Armada I have. His caveat was that we had to start the Corellian Conflict soon, and I might be able to get out to his house this weekend to get it going.

He is good people.

So I've been having a hell of a week between work and home, and I came in to work today to find a copy of the Corellian Conflict and an Interdictor on my desk. My Co-worker bought them for me. We got into X-wing together and play a fair amount, and while he hasn't gotten into Armada I have. His caveat was that we had to start the Corellian Conflict soon, and I might be able to get out to his house this weekend to get it going.

He is good people.

Just be aware the conflict is 4-6 players, each with their own 400 point fleet. Sooo. :)

He is good people.

Just be aware the conflict is 4-6 players, each with their own 400 point fleet. Sooo. :)

The game says 2-6 players. Is it better with 4? I have enough ships to easily field a 400 point fleet of both imperials and rebels.

Maybe I misread. I didn't have it in front of me. :(

But yeah, 400-point fleets. :)

Maybe I misread. I didn't have it in front of me. :(

But yeah, 400-point fleets. :)

I am REALLY excited for those! I love these games, I wish I had more time for them.

Still working through fighter boxes.

I think I've got them down to about 10 minutes to cut and fold (without gluing) but my scissors are crap.

I think I did a good job painting this tiny Ghost. Large Ghost for comparison.

yfbc6tpev1me.jpg

Also TIE Defenders are a bitch to do the solar panels on.

Damn dude. Those are SHARP.

I'm actually really, REALLY curious how you painted at such detail.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    I'm actually really, REALLY curious how you painted at such detail.

I'm pretty sure the answer is "Magic!", except when he says it, there are sparkles like bad 80's special effects around his hands.