As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Full Sail's credibility (important)

2»

• Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Woah, never thought i'd see this thread again.

If anyone's curious, I found another school that I actually think is much better than what I was originally going for. Tuition is less than $10,000 U.S. dollars a year, a 40-50 hour a week drawing/painting/etc curriculum, a 16-to-1 student to teacher ratio, and an 85% hiring rate right out of the school makes this one hell of a school. Every one of the teachers in this school are professional animators/concept artists/etc and teach because they want to (instead of the cash like most other schools do).

Visit www.maxthemut.com for more details.

Godfather on
  • Options
    rokheadrokhead Registered User new member
    edited May 2012
    This old timer worked for a company that sold exorbitantly overpriced digital recording gear to FS back in the late 80's.

FS was BS then, and appears to have since graduated to Pure Grade A BS.

Don't waste your time on a bogus "degree" from a skool that is no more accredited than the local diesel engine repair "academy".

When you're in your 40's, balding, stuck with a fat boring spouse and couple of brats, you might want to go back to school, if for nothing else than to just get out of the house. [NOTE: that does *not* describe me. ;-) ] That is when you'll wish that phony "degree" were an acceptable basis for the real graduate program you will find that you are closed off from.

Go to a real university, get a REAL degree with REAL transferable credits.

I know, because I transferred from a state university into a fledgling commercial music program at another college I know all about the flaky unprofessional "instructors", most of which are too irresponsible to show up regularly, and are generally no more qualified to teach a course than is the janitor. Thankfully, my college offered a REAL degree that was ACCREDITED by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. With that degree, I have since been admitted to a REAL graduate program.

Once again, for the unbelievers...
    go to a real university, get a REAL recognized degree with REAL transferable credits.

rokhead on
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    The last post in this thread was 4.5 years ago. How did you even find it?

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Age of the thread aside, and despite previously hearing lots of terrible things about it, the game company I work for has quite a few Full Sail grads that are quite skilled. So did the place I was at before this.

Wassermelone on
This discussion has been closed.