As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] of Lovecraft: West Victory!

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    ooOOOooo- wait I'm not dead?
    So all the vocal people died.
    This means something.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Man, like this game wasn't quiet enough allready, now all the active posters are gone.
    Let's dig up cheez and see what he was hiding.

And who should we vote off? Fuzzy? Variable?

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Goddamn, I knew Quid was evil. Alright, since apparently our vocal players are dead, the rest of us will have to take up the fight. Because evilbob seemed way evil last night, and still seems evil now, !vote evilbob.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I haven't slept since that horrific night.

LaOs, who I soon learned had died several nights prior, had been found in an unified search by the village, and shot and killed again just before taking yet another victim.

The attacks had begun again, though.

There would be no mercy for us.

Clouds hung over the town like a funeral shroud. The moon was hidden from us. The only thing I could make out as I glanced outside was the brightly lit home across the narrow street.

Quickly, silently, I saw a silhouette pass through that light, and felt the familiar horror settle in my gut.

Within moments, the street was suddenly lit by a dozen or more torches and lanterns, and a crowd pursed the thing I had just seen. I tailed the crowd at a distance, gripping the gun--which had just one round left--in my right hand. The thing had apparently broken into the home of one DarkPrimus. The front door was off its hinge.

They surrounded the house. They anxiously watched the home, fearing to advance further. Their weapons were at the ready. Several among them whispered last minute plans and ideas to one another.

A cry went up. Several wild shots were fired.

Quickly, through the open door, the windows, and wherever else it could escape from, flowed a dark gray mass out of the home and toward the mob.

Thousands and thousands of rats escaped from the home.

They hadn't touched any of us. They'd simply swarmed past and vanished into the night. The distraction--the astonishment of the sight--had seemingly brought the pursuit of the figure to failure, however. The... creature had eluded the mob. In its wake was only the corpse of DarkPrimus, his throat ripped out.

He too had been untouched by the rats.

I recalled the first night. I'd been planning to leave.

The thought was now completely foreign to me. I was one the blood-stained. I was one of the damned. Where would I go?

This scourge was here for us. It didn't matter where we were.

The death and the blood would always be there.

The next morning, I looked down on Quid's decapitated corpse.

That night we dragged cheez into the street and beat him to death.

Elendil on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The hell is *Found*

The fuck. How did I die?

This is obviously the product of a vengeful narrator.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ow, my most of me!

cheez on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Oooooooo listen to what I said fuckers ooooooooo

Satan. on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oooooooo I shouldn't refer to game events that could effect how people think ooooooooo

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    OOooooOOo

Good luck, you can do it!

OoooOoo

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Oooooooo I shouldn't refer to game events that could effect how people think ooooooooo

Oooo fine I hope you all lose oooo? Whatever.

Satan. on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Medopine wrote: »
    So I looked up post counts and also put in some notes. Just impressions from scanning through the posts that came up in the search. Feel free to correct or debate my impressions. Those most suspicious to me are bolded.

Remaining players:

2. DasUberEdward - 34 posts. Has been actively discussing who to vote for and why.

3. gundam470 - 17 posts. Most recently created a list of Saburbia bandwagoners and expressed suspicions based on that.

4. Romantic Undead - 16 posts. Questioned the Sabs bandwagon, defended against accusations of inactivity by saying he didn't have a lot to work with and didn't want to talk too much, as it commonly leads to death.

7. MrBallbaggins - 15 posts. Not too much substance. Voted for Sabs and voted in line with everyone else yesterday to kill LaOs and exhume B:L. Erotic massage?

8. Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud - 20 posts. Blames inactivity on school paper/work. Also posted a lot of lolthulu's. Jumps on bandwagons.

9. Fluffy, Our Beloved Flopsy Bunny Friend - 20 posts. Did not jump on the Sabs bandwagon.

10. Satan Himself - 70 posts. Mucho discussion and vote manipulation in recent days.

11. Smasher - 27 posts. Posts with substance and uses logic. Scary?

14. Brainleech - 10 posts. Immediately defended himself when accused. Jumps on bandwagons.

17. FreeAgent - 10 posts. Not much to say about his posts. Anyone?

18. evilbob - 21 posts. Not a lot of reasoning, but does vote, usually with the group.

19. TheFallenLord - 8 posts. Took over for themightyspacepope who was kicked for inactivity. Did not jump on the Sabs train.

20. cheez - 5 posts. Not much there but a suspicion of TehSpectre.

23. Picardathon - 45 posts. Lots of chat posts and most posting in the beginning of the game.

25. Medopine - 32 posts. It'sa me!

26. Variable - 7 posts. A few votes and not much reasoning.

31. Aldo - 46 posts. Started the Sabs bandwagon. Posting frequency has fallen off but still giving reasons for his actions.

39. Quid - 32 posts. Asks questions and generally votes with the group. Has seemed suspicious to some, mainly Raakam.

Updated this list so that hopefully those who are a bit less active will want to hop in with some information handy. Those in red are no longer active.

As for myself, I've been voicing my suspicions on Fluffy for a few days now.

So, !vote Fuzzy Cumunolimbus Cloud.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

No, you can't say things that could effect the living. You basically told the village to do something. It's against the rules.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    MrBallbagginsMrBallbaggins Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I haven't contributed too much because things have been hectic around the house (had to take my dad to the urgent care today, so I missed voting) and also, I honestly haven't had that much to say. Noone really sticks out too much in my mind, except for maybe Brainleech. So I !vote Brainleech.

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    gundam, want to give a summary about fuzzy?

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    gundam470 wrote: »
    I think there are a few groups that we should look at. The people who are hopping on saburbia's bandwagon and the people who hopped on the lady eri bandwagon after i presented some less-than-stellar logic a few days ago.

In both cases, the reasons presented against both players weren't very convincing yet there were a lot of votes quickly tossed in their direction.

!vote aldo because I think we should turn the saburbia train around and !vote to exhume La0s although I'm pretty certain La0s was a plain old vanillager.
    gundam470 wrote: »
    Ok, here is a list of the people who jumped on the saburbia bandwagon:
    Aldo
    Chamberlain - dead
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud
    B:L - dead
    Quid
    Mr. Ballbaggins
    Brainleech
    and those who jumped on the lady eri bandwagon a few days ago:
    Satan Himself
    Variable
    Medopine
    Plutonium
    Saburbia - dead
    gundam470
    Brainleech
    Chamberlain - dead
    Picardathon
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud
    Qorzm - dead
    The only two that stand out to me as suspicious at all are Fuzzy and Brainleech because they didn't bother to do anything to explain their votes.

Now, does this make them bad guys necessarily? No, it could just as likely be apathy.
    However, we could try to draw some conclusions from this and try to pick a different target for the village to go after other than the revenant.

Unless revenants can't be killed by arsonists.

Well, here was my original thought process.

However, going back to through the thread, I see that Quid had voted for Fuzzy sometime in the past few days.

Read into that what you will. My vote stands.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Seems like the Necromancer was still alive, huh.

I may be on to something, but I need to ponder some more.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I wonder if the bit in the narration about the villagers chasing "something" and it escaping is relevant to yesterdays's voting patterns?

Because who were we chasing before the vote switched to cheez? !Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud, that's who.

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I wonder if the bit in the narration about the villagers chasing "something" and it escaping is relevant to yesterdays's voting patterns?
    Trust me, if the narrations bear anything more than a passing resemblance to proceedings I'll be the last to know.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    RU, why are you so adamant on killing Fuzzy? We bandwagon'd him a bit last night on a rather flimsy bit of evidence, remember?

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Dude, I just gave my reason above. I'm pursuing my strongest suspicion. I was suspicious of him to begin with, re-stated that suspicion when someone else corroborated mine, and now I was (apparently mistakenly) basing my continued suspicion on the narration.

Do you people not pursue your suspicions? If a better target comes up (i.e La0s two nights ago) then I'll gladly switch, but right now, I'm sticking to my guns.

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    A suspicion is usually based on something. I might have missed it, but it seems it was just Satan Himself commenting on Fuzzy's inactivity and not much else.

I mean, it *could* be that Fuzzy is evil as sin, but we could apply the same logic to half the players. Idk, I was just hoping you had some sort of convincing argument, but it doesn't look like it.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Gundam, you know I'm not Fluffy Our Beloved Flopsy Bunny Friend right?

• Options
    edited November 2007
    We haven't exhumed !Zot yet, right?

Aldo on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I know making excuses is almost asking for a bandwagon, but I haven't even been on PA the last couple of days. Fuzzy and Aldo both know I like to post in D&D's [chat]. and a quick search of the latest [chat] and the previous one will show I haven't posted once. I've been sick, and I'm not feeling much better now, but I don't want to get booted for inactivity so from now on I'll be more active.

I'm going to vote !Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud, because he's jumped on two bandwagons that have resulted in the loss of good players.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Are you feeling better now Fluffy? :?

Aldo on
  • Options
    TheFallenLordTheFallenLord Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'd like to see zot and cheez exhumed tonight. That is, if we haven't lost our gravedigger's son.

!exhume Zot

I need to go look through Quid and Plutonium's posts, and see if theres anything there.

TheFallenLord on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Aldo wrote: »

Not really. I saw my doctor yesterday, and apparently it's just a virus but fuck this is the third day of school I've missed and there were things to be done. Also, phlegm is disgusting and I seem to have it in endless supply. :|

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Not really. I saw my doctor yesterday, and apparently it's just a virus but fuck this is the third day of school I've missed and there were things to be done. Also, phlegm is disgusting and I seem to have it in endless supply. :|

D:

Get well soon.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    A suspicion is usually based on something. I might have missed it, but it seems it was just Satan Himself commenting on Fuzzy's inactivity and not much else.

I mean, it *could* be that Fuzzy is evil as sin, but we could apply the same logic to half the players. Idk, I was just hoping you had some sort of convincing argument, but it doesn't look like it.

Well if you want my reasons, they haven't changed since the beginning.
    My original reasoning was due to lack of activity and no wild rambling finger pointing like he's done in other Phallas I've been in with him.

Other people corroborated my suspicions on day 2 I think it was, but then other options came up so we focused on them. Now, we're low on targets again, so I've re-stated my suspicions. It's a suspicion, nothing more, I don't have proof or anything else. If that's not good enough then I don't know what is.

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    So level-headedness and non-paranoia get me killed this time? :P
    Awesome.
    I kid, but my new strategy relies on less crazy and more reserved speculation.
    I'm learning how to phalla properly. :D

• Options
    edited November 2007

No, you can't say things that could effect the living. You basically told the village to do something. It's against the rules.

:roll:

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

:roll:
    Dude this is like your tenth post as a dead person.
    You are dead, go away.
    Unless you're a revenant.
    Then you wouldn't have to worry about the posting rule.
    !exhume Satan Himself

• Options
    edited November 2007
    Haha, the irony. For once Fuzzy isn't acting like an idiot and now *that's* suspicious.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Haha, the irony. For once Fuzzy isn't acting like an idiot and now *that's* suspicious.

lol, well, if he's learning, then great! I hope he is! However, unless someone can come up with a more likely suspect, I'll gladly weigh in again.

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Well fuck it, guys. I tried thinking of other ways to present this, but this is the only way I can see...

Quid was the Illuminati Necromancer and he decided to trust me a little, so he would have a mouthpiece should he be suspicious of anyone. He said he'd rather have me bandwagon'd than himself and I couldn't agree more. That is why I started a bandwagon on Saburbia, Quid thought he was suspicious and I decided to come up with a semi-logical reason to get him killed.

Last night Quid got killed, if we dig him up we'll see him as a cult-member and there is no way to be 100% sure of his true role. You'll have to trust me in this matter. You can look through his post history to see that he was trying to lay low and tried to follow the village in its decisions.

Anyway, Quid thinks Romantic Undead is dr. West because he tried killing him last night, but it didn't work. We suspect that Pluto's bad guys tried killing him on another night and that this is why Plutonium showed up as dead in black.

Quid tried to hint at this last night in this post clicky, I think he hoped that the zombies would take out RU. They obviously didn't get the hint (understandable), so here I am presenting the case as it is. No pig-latin, no mumbling and coughing. Just telling you how I think it is.

I'm hoping the zombies will take him out, so that they can fulfil their win condition and stop bothering us. We've still got a bunch of cultists to go after.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Well fuck it, guys. I tried thinking of other ways to present this, but this is the only way I can see...

Quid was the Illuminati Necromancer and he decided to trust me a little, so he would have a mouthpiece should he be suspicious of anyone. He said he'd rather have me bandwagon'd than himself and I couldn't agree more. That is why I started a bandwagon on Saburbia, Quid thought he was suspicious and I decided to come up with a semi-logical reason to get him killed.

Last night Quid got killed, if we dig him up we'll see him as a cult-member and there is no way to be 100% sure of his true role. You'll have to trust me in this matter. You can look through his post history to see that he was trying to lay low and tried to follow the village in its decisions.

Anyway, Quid thinks Romantic Undead is dr. West because he tried killing him last night, but it didn't work. We suspect that Pluto's bad guys tried killing him on another night and that this is why Plutonium showed up as dead in black.

Quid tried to hint at this last night in this post clicky, I think he hoped that the zombies would take out RU. They obviously didn't get the hint (understandable), so here I am presenting the case as it is. No pig-latin, no mumbling and coughing. Just telling you how I think it is.

I'm hoping the zombies will take him out, so that they can fulfil their win condition and stop bothering us. We've still got a bunch of cultists to go after.

Quid's role has already been revealed...we know hes a cultist.

What are you trying to do here?

TheFallenLord on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

You may want to reread the role description of the Illuminati Necromancer.

It was a mistake about having to dig him up, though. I forgot he was already in the narration.

*edit:

...the Illuminati Necromancer!

Dedicating your life to protecting humanity against the horrors of what lies beyond the curtains of the earthly realm, you have come to this town to eradicate the re-emergence of the cults of the old gods, by either protecting the innocent, or destroying the insane.

Each even night, PM Elendil the name of the individual other than yourself who you wish to defend, and on each odd night, PM Elendil the name of the individual you will kill. However, should you be investigated or killed, your collection of occult objects will undoubtedly raise questions, and you may be mistaken for one of the cultists you hunt.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

You may want to reread the role description of the Illuminati Necromancer.

It was a mistake about having to dig him up, though. I forgot he was already in the narration.

*edit:

...the Illuminati Necromancer!

Dedicating your life to protecting humanity against the horrors of what lies beyond the curtains of the earthly realm, you have come to this town to eradicate the re-emergence of the cults of the old gods, by either protecting the innocent, or destroying the insane.

Each even night, PM Elendil the name of the individual other than yourself who you wish to defend, and on each odd night, PM Elendil the name of the individual you will kill. However, should you be investigated or killed, your collection of occult objects will undoubtedly raise questions, and you may be mistaken for one of the cultists you hunt.

Thats a valid point. Too bad we don't have any other way of confirming it.

If you're convinced Romantic Undead is Dr. West, why not vote for him, instead of hoping the zombies will kill him?

Honestly, you were on my list, because of the Saburbia bandwagon, and this seems like a pretty convenient way of dodging that.

TheFallenLord on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    There is no reason why we should waste a night on dr. West, while it is the victory condition of the zombies to kill the doctor.

From the OP:
    As a revenant, you have separate win conditions: in order to win, you must either outnumber the villagers at the close of the game (West must be dead), or a revenant must personally kill Herbert West.

I've spent most my time today on an essay and thinking about this whole dr. West ordeal, so I don't have an idea on who we should vote out. I'm not sure about Fuzzy, but I think that his levelheadedness is a sign of him getting better at these games and not that he's evil.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I have yet to be trusted with any role except villager.
    Once I was a seer, we remember how that turned out, eh? :D