As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come post pictures of your [Gunpla] & other scale models in this thread

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    RG Sinanju............complete

7vb1mh189ugj.jpg
    2fhhnh1vwacp.jpg
    8oi31omcziqy.jpg
    nsn9vcdcccyz.jpg

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    God dang that gold looks amazing.

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

7vb1mh189ugj.jpg
    2fhhnh1vwacp.jpg
    8oi31omcziqy.jpg
    nsn9vcdcccyz.jpg

How'd you find the build process? I'd heard some rumblings that it's kind of a bear to build.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Damn. Can't wait to put mine together.

I mean, I can, which is why I haven't started it yet. Just gotta find the right time.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    that thing is FUCKINGSWEET

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    that thing is siiiiiiiick

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

How'd you find the build process? I'd heard some rumblings that it's kind of a bear to build.

Process was largely fine, but the arms and connection between torso and waist are both looser than I'd like. Not a huge deal since I usually just pose it and leave it alone

• Options
    MidniteMidnite Registered User regular
    Build Fighters ZZ II

8mvijsn2dq0a.jpg

Sorry about the crap quality of my phone's camera.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Boxes are the best backdrop in a pinch!

• Options
    MidniteMidnite Registered User regular
    Okay, one more

r5pf14sdv3r6.jpg
    Build Fighters Denial Gundam

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Got my niece her own model and paint and brushes. Man, the Bearguy is way bigger than I thought.

eXEUrFsh.jpg

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Hey Gunpla thread, if I'm going to be spray painting a part do I need to sand the whole thing, or just make sure there are no rough edges/nub marks/etc?

I'm going to be using Tamiya brand TS series spray paint if that matters.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    turtleant wrote: »
    Hey Gunpla thread, if I'm going to be spray painting a part do I need to sand the whole thing, or just make sure there are no rough edges/nub marks/etc?

It depends on how meticulous you want to get. Sanding the entire thing isn't a requirement. If you want your paint to be crazy smooth and later want it to be hyper glossy, you can sand the whole thing to a very fine degree. Otherwise, just getting rid of the obvious seams, nub marks, etc will be just fine.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »

I'm going to be using Tamiya brand TS series spray paint if that matters.

All you need to do is remove rough edges and nub marks. Even the pro painters I watch like Matt Mrozek (MVM3897) get by with only sanding down to a 600 grit, and you need a much finer sanding to get plastic back to a glossy coat. The key to getting a good coating is to make sure you use a good primer. A good primer, as I expect any Tamiya primer to be, is self leveling. This means it will fill in any tiny imperfections like light scratch marks from sanding, but won't obscure any details on the model. It also has a very good gripping strength, so that it sticks well to the model and paints stick well to it. Straight painting on plastic can have issues where it doesn't stick well.

Also, wash your parts and let them thoroughly dry before painting. Getting rid of oils and mold release agents will help insure your paint sticks correctly.

• Options
    Papaguy is up for Prime preorder over on Amazon! March 1 release date. Got mine pre ordered.

08th MS Team Ground GM is also showing up, but not on Prime. Should be up soon I'd imagine.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Everyone prepare for the ground GM to be sold out because I'm buying them all.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options

Nooooooo!

Also look at this classy ass bear!

a6a2c93f3d11428eae72ab5b99bed3a1.jpg

It's so good!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    My regular shop just posted pics showing both the GM Ground Type and the MG GM Sniper II in stock.....

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular

Already pre-ordered two. :mrgreen:

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    where do you guys store or display your finished models? I never have space to put them anywhere but I'm also kind of a slob and cover every surface in stuff anyway.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Not gunpla but I'm very proud of the work I've done so far:
    kfFOo9r.jpg

Just 10 more guys to go and the project of painting them begins.

• Options
    LogicReasonLogicReason Registered User regular
    where do you guys store or display your finished models? I never have space to put them anywhere but I'm also kind of a slob and cover every surface in stuff anyway.

I actually got a glass and metal shelf to display them on. But I needed something in a space in my house anyway.

• Options

I actually got a glass and metal shelf to display them on. But I needed something in a space in my house anyway.

I installed two big shelves on my walls and am probably putting another up very soon.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Good morning
    Here is a Sword Boy

wIQQQbyl.jpg

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Good morning
    Here is a Sword Boy

wIQQQbyl.jpg

You've been talking with @Gatsby I see.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular

Yeah I got a detolf from IKEA for my kits.

• Options
    The revive Gyan is so good. I was so happy they based the Gyancelot off it and not the old Gyan kit.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Good morning
    Here is a Sword Boy

wIQQQbyl.jpg

I think you'll find that is a Good Sword Boy, sir.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Ive been doing research into styrene

Gonna make some c u s t o m b o i s

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Well joke's on me, the Ground Type is now backordered on hlj (because of course it is).

So...ebay it is

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    56473a693bd4b3d22f4a0ec6ed5efda4.jpg

Wanna make the left dude

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I can't for the life of me recreate that crouched sniping pose from the GM Sniper II instructions

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I can't for the life of me recreate that crouched sniping pose from the GM Sniper II instructions

HG or MG?

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular

Yeah, I swear some kits have poses featured on the box and instruction sheets that are straight up lies.

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    It may be a case of "this looks totally awesome from this one precise angle, and totally bonkers when viewed from any other direction. "

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    No, I totally didn't message my local hobby shop asking to let me know when they next get a Wing Gundam Ver Ka...

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    So has anyone had experience with this kit? It's a decent amount more expensive than a lot of other HG kits, and i'm wondering if that's due to licensing or something
    gz28oh0renz7.jpg

sorry if the image is huge, i think i've figured out resizing on my phone

• Options
    edited February 2017
    what series is that from? I don't recognize that or the logos on the box

googling "gundam elf" doesn't seem to bring anything up that looks like that

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    it's not a gundam, it's a "elf sigma" from "active raid" (shrug)

i can't tell what the price is in that photo but the internet has it going for $20-30

uc3ufTB.png
This discussion has been closed.