As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] 2016 Season Summed Up in a Single Photograph

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular

Yeah, he had no fucks to give because he's probably gone. I think he was even quoted as saying he would have a hell of a finale here in New England (Super Bowl). Guess we'll see.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The vikings became the fourth team to start 5-0 and miss the playoffs this year, becoming the only team ever to do so twice

The only final four appearance by the gophers n my life doesn't technically exist

The wolves lost malik sealy to a drunk driver and then the Joe smith thing salted the earth

Teddy Bridgewater won't play another down in the nfl

The hawks will eliminate the wild in the playoffs for the 5th time in a row this year

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    after the cubs fucked up in 03 the next three teams to win the world series were the red sox, the white sox, and the cardinals, which is the hardest I've ever been trolled in my entire life

I was super hyped about the Sox winning in '04, but dropped out of following sports entirely shortly after that. Glad in hindsight that the other Sox won next year though, if only to get Frank Thomas a ring.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I really, really wish sports writers would stop using the phrase "his owner" when they mean owner of the team they are on

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    The vikings became the fourth team to start 5-0 and miss the playoffs this year, becoming the only team ever to do so twice

The only final four appearance by the gophers n my life doesn't technically exist

The wolves lost malik sealy to a drunk driver and then the Joe smith thing salted the earth

Teddy Bridgewater won't play another down in the nfl

The hawks will eliminate the wild in the playoffs for the 5th time in a row this year

hey, the twins have a nice new stadium, at least!

• Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    At least the CFL will start up in a few months and I can watch my team fail miserably because the NFL poached a bunch of our best players.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Maximum snark.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Okay that was pretty good.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular

That wording tho. Yeah, Twitter, but you know, "Kraft" is fewer characters anyways.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    hippofant wrote: »

That wording tho. Yeah, Twitter, but you know, "Kraft" is fewer characters anyways.

probably not enough context in just saying the word "kraft," but

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »

Yeah, he had no fucks to give because he's probably gone. I think he was even quoted as saying he would have a hell of a finale here in New England (Super Bowl). Guess we'll see.

I doubt it's a "last year of his contract thing" with Martellus.

• Options

what does the cheese company have to do with this

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    So it turns out that I actually won my work pool final score. $420 to me (blaze it)

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Fuck the fucking Patriots.

They absolutely earned that win, good job.

Fuck the fucking Patriots.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I woke up this morning and realized that I never thought the Falcons were going to win last night.

Even when they scored that last TD I just had this gut feeling New England would find a way.

• Options
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    after the cubs fucked up in 03 the next three teams to win the world series were the red sox, the white sox, and the cardinals, which is the hardest I've ever been trolled in my entire life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95RzmDD2MGU

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular

I was super hyped about the Sox winning in '04, but dropped out of following sports entirely shortly after that. Glad in hindsight that the other Sox won next year though, if only to get Frank Thomas a ring.

The 04 Red Sox win is inadvertantly how I met my wife.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »

The 04 Red Sox win is inadvertantly how I met my wife.

tale as old as time :P

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    That game fuckin ruled. Feel bad for my man mo sanu though. Also i won ten bucks playing football bingo at the bar

• Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    As a Pats fan who counts the end of Super Bowl XXXVI as one of the happiest moments of my life, I just wasn't able to enjoy this game. Which sucked because, a. it was a really enjoyable game and b. fuck Goodell. But every time they showed Brady, Kraft or Belichick all I could think was "That asshole helped Trump get elected".
    I tried to offset that by donating $2 for every point they scored to the SPLC but it didn't really help.
    Just another (albeit VERY minor) thing Trump has ruined.

statler on
    qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I woke up this morning and realized that I never thought the Falcons were going to win last night.

Even when they scored that last TD I just had this gut feeling New England would find a way.

They really didn't though. As impressive as the comeback was Atlanta's late game play calling was inexcusable.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Butters wrote: »

They really didn't though. As impressive as the comeback was Atlanta's late game play calling was inexcusable.

I meant that somehow they were going to win.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

i'll excuse it

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    every owner is probably in the bag for trump

but I've only seen one owner more blatant about it than kraft

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Khan probably isn't. He seems like a cool dude.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I don't know if I'd call last night a good game. It feels more like two halves of a bad game, the first being really bad for the patriots and the second really bad for the falcons.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    the Falcons D got stuck on the field forever because of penalties

had nothing by the end of the 3rd quarter

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Javen wrote: »
    I don't know if I'd call last night a good game. It feels more like two halves of a bad game, the first being really bad for the patriots and the second really bad for the falcons.

I thought the first half of the game was pretty good? I mean, the Patriots were blowing it a bit on offense with dropped balls and poorly thrown passes, but we got pretty good game out of three of the four units. Yeah, the Falcons scored a lot, but it wasn't because the Patriots were just shitting the bed on defense. (And Brady's woes were arguably due to pressure. The drops were just random, but the Falcons were contributing to the Patriots' offense stinking.)

The second half of the game, watching the Falcons' defense struggle sucked. Yeah, Brady was playing lights-out, but the Falcons' defense clearly wasn't at their best and that's just not that interesting to watch any more. At least for me, that's the difference: I don't mind watching a blowout so long as both sides are still competing, but I'm not that interested in watching, say, a NFL offense beat up a high school defense (or whatever).

hippofant on
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Hang on.

The Patriots needed the following to win:

A field goal
    Two touchdowns
    Two successful two-point conversions
    They had to (arguably) win the coin toss for OT
    They had to get ANOTHER touchdown

Wrap all of the above in the improbable task of shutting down the team which to that point was running and passing all over you, and scored four TD's in the process. If they scored even once in that final 20 minutes, it was over.

Atlanta opened the gate leading to the possibility of a comeback--or at the very least, left it unlocked--but if actually completing the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history isn't "finding a way," I'm not sure what is.

Fawst on
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular

Hang on.

A field goal
    Two touchdowns

Wrap all of the above in the improbable task of shutting down the team which to that point was running and passing all over you, and scored four TD's in the process. If they scored even once in that final 20 minutes, it was over.

Atlanta opened the gate leading to the possibility of a comeback--or at the very least, left it unlocked--but if actually completing the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history isn't "finding a way," I'm not sure what is.

Atlanta needed the following to win:

Run on 3rd and 1.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    All they had to do was not lose 23 yards.

• Options

Hang on.

A field goal
    Two touchdowns

Run on 3rd and 1.

Ringer podcast, which I'm listening to right now, also pointing out that the Falcons were not waiting until 1 on the play clock before snapping the ball. Probably a bit deal cumulatively, though hard to quantify right now.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Khan probably isn't. He seems like a cool dude.

According to Deadspin Khan did vote for Trump presumably because he (like most Trump voters) voted based on his wallet.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular

Hang on.

A field goal
    Two touchdowns

Run on 3rd and 1.

Ringer podcast, which I'm listening to right now, also pointing out that the Falcons were not waiting until 1 on the play clock before snapping the ball. Probably a bit deal cumulatively, though hard to quantify right now.

WhIle true, it's not like the pats tied at 0:00 with no timeouts left. Pretty sure they still had a minute left and 2 timeouts (or at least one)

• Options
    Let me get this straight: with 20 minutes to play, a bunch of scoring and a shutout to win ahead of them, the Patriots didn't "find a way" because Atlanta screwed up once?

I just want to make sure I'm understanding the narrative being framed here.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    New England was going to score at least 20 points

it just took them awhile

then Atlanta let them keep scoring

This discussion has been closed.