As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

After Parties?

tyberis81tyberis81 Registered User new member
This is my first year going to PaxEast, I am wicked excited. I've heard that there are some great after parties Friday and Saturday. I'm wondering if anyone is already planning one out or if most of these just naturally happen?

• deestardeestar [E]nforcer PAXEast Vermont Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Usually as we get a bit closer to East someone will post a parties and events threat. This will include parties thrown by dev's and exhibitors, and events being throne by attendees such as the Tabletop Night which is usually Thursday at the Westin, or the Pokecrawl.. we are still a bit far out from PAX, and a lot of us have not finalized travel arrangements and hotel arrangements yet forget about party arrangements-- usually the thread goes up about 2 months out from East-- so look again in Januaryish. Here is the link from last year so you can get an idea of what types of afterparties and events tend to go on PAX weekend http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/201796/pax-east-2016-parties-events#latest

deestar on
  • InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    I'd like to manage that thread again this year but I'm going to leave it to someone else for this year. I don't have as much time to keep an eye on that as I would like.

FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
  • SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    We won't know about most parties until January/February in all honestly. I highly recommend the Harmonix party =)

P0P7S6y.png
  • abdoooooabdooooo Registered User regular
    Solanales wrote: »
    We won't know about most parties until January/February in all honestly. I highly recommend the Harmonix party =)

IF you obtain tickets. Those suckers sold out super fast last time!

• SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    abdooooo wrote: »
    Solanales wrote: »

IF you obtain tickets. Those suckers sold out super fast last time!

Yeah I'm not trying for them this year as I have other plans, but if you really pay attention for the FIRST sale, that one sells a lot slower than the subsequent ones.

P0P7S6y.png
  • RedK232RedK232 Registered User regular
    Yea they did last year. Was bummed i missed it. Still was able to get into the acer party though which wasnt bad cause there were games set up and free appetizers and we got a cup that glows different colors when you press a button on the bottom. Def gonna try to be more on top of what there is this time.

xhdr64jir3c2.png
  • viawilleatyouviawilleatyou Registered User new member
    Anyone hear of any updates yet?

• craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    Anyone hear of any updates yet?

Typically won't hear anything until the month of PAX so I'd check back in March

DXLJjjr.png
    It will prob be earlier than that by not by much. Stuff wont be showing up till around mid to late feb

xhdr64jir3c2.png
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I don't know about no after-parties, but I'm going to be seeing Tom Segura's comedy show on the Saturday evening. He has a couple of Netflix specials if you've never heard of him, and I like him. He's good funny.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• MordegaldMordegald Registered User regular
    Only one I've been to was the Twitch party in 2016, but it was a blast. Drifted between a couple groups of cool strangers, drank a lot, played some pool, even got to meet a couple of BioWare devs. Free admission with a PAX pass, too. If they're doing it again this year I might just drag my hotel group to it.

• KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Honestly, I kinda feel like the big-name parties are a thing of the past. There are a lot more conventions now, and I feel like companies have to spread themselves pretty thin, so they can't afford the huge, open-bar parties of yore. It's sad, I loved them so. </3

Ln5yLL7.png
    I'd like to manage that thread again this year but I'm going to leave it to someone else for this year. I don't have as much time to keep an eye on that as I would like.

As soon as I had my daughter, I was all, "Ain't nobody got time for dis!" ;) You did a great job!

Ln5yLL7.png
    Krissta wrote: »
    Honestly, I kinda feel like the big-name parties are a thing of the past. There are a lot more conventions now, and I feel like companies have to spread themselves pretty thin, so they can't afford the huge, open-bar parties of yore. It's sad, I loved them so. </3

I don't know. They are still there you just have to dig for them more. I find a lot of the companies host the parties and you just need to ask about them early on Friday on the expo floor. They exist! I think PAX is just so huge that they can't fit everyone. Groups like Harmonix will keep on doing their thing being native to Boston. But for NVidia and others I've been to plenty of parties just because I asked (and would have never known otherwise)

DXLJjjr.png
  • rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    plus u always have the big ones the twitch the ign the asus things of that nature.

• EscoBladesEscoBlades Product Marketing Manager at Ubisoft Registered User regular
    Twitch will most likely have one again this year.

tHBv9m5.png
    Product Marketing Manager on Watch Dogs: Legion
    Youtube | Twitter
    craiola wrote: »
    Krissta wrote: »

I don't know. They are still there you just have to dig for them more. I find a lot of the companies host the parties and you just need to ask about them early on Friday on the expo floor. They exist! I think PAX is just so huge that they can't fit everyone. Groups like Harmonix will keep on doing their thing being native to Boston. But for NVidia and others I've been to plenty of parties just because I asked (and would have never known otherwise)

I sure hope so! I'm only there for Saturday day and night. Would LOVE to go to a party! I so rarely get out, I always look forward to these. <3

Ln5yLL7.png
  • InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    Less than 40 days left to go and still not much in terms of events announced as of yet. I looked at eventbrite the other day and there were 1 or 2 but nothing substantial.

FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
    It's still too early. We won't hear until late February

DXLJjjr.png
    MCFrontalot, bit brigade, Protomen PAX Afterparty
    Royale Night Club, Boston MA
    Monday March 13, 7-11.5 p.m.
    Announcement on Frontalot's FB Page

• DeathJest3rDeathJest3r Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/made-in-ma-at-pax-east-2017-party-tickets-31757054204

The annual Made in MA party is still happening. Hopefully this means more parties will start getting announced soon.

Made In MA at PAX East 2017 Party
    MassDiGI
    Friday, March 10, 2017 from 6:00 PM to 10:30 PM (EST)
    Boston, MA
    $11.54 Early Ticket Sale

DeathJest3r on
  • robirexrobirex BostonRegistered User regular
    deestar wrote: »
    MCFrontalot, bit brigade, Protomen PAX Afterparty
    Royale Night Club, Boston MA
    Monday March 13, 7-11.5 p.m.
    Announcement on Frontalot's FB Page

Hmm does that mean they wont be playing at PAX? That would be the first time in awhile that none of them have played right? or maybe they usually play on the Monday after PAX?

6pq9je4.png
  • DeathJest3rDeathJest3r Registered User regular
    robirex wrote: »
    Hmm does that mean they wont be playing at PAX? That would be the first time in awhile that none of them have played right? or maybe they usually play on the Monday after PAX?

They usually play a extra gig in Boston after PAX while they are still in town.

• H2O AcidicH2O Acidic Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    While both sites Marooners' Rock and SideQuesting keep on top of parties, meetups, community parties, and etc. Here is one list of what has been found so far here.

H2O Acidic on
    The Marooners Site seems better and the RE one is pretty much sold out already during the PAX Days :/.

xhdr64jir3c2.png
  • divisiontendivisionten Registered User regular
    The RE escape room? That's 10 gallons of nope in a five gallon bucket.

It seems like they are about 1 hr or so if they are that long according to the ticket times. But the only non-pax days they have is thursday and for like $37 doesnt really seem worth it at least for me. I didnt think RE7 was scary at all it was more just gross lol. Would rather spend that for 2 hrs of non-stop food on thursday for the pre-pax dinner which i think was cheaper.

xhdr64jir3c2.png
  • kewlratskewlrats Detroit-ishRegistered User regular
    Here's what I've put together so far:

Listed by Day

Wednesday, March 08

Capcom & iam8bit's Resident Evil Escape Experience
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/boston-resident-evil-escape-experience-presented-by-capcom-iam8bit-tickets-31481823983
    Several Times Daily @ Location TBD
    Info: Several slots open daily through February and March
    Tickets: $35 Eventbrite

Thursday, March 09

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/boston-resident-evil-escape-experience-presented-by-capcom-iam8bit-tickets-31481823983

Game Maker’s Guild: Pre-PAX Networking & Playtesting
    http://gamelab.mit.edu/event/game-makers-guild-pre-pax-networking-playtesting/
    6-11:30PM @ MIT Gamelab, 32-124, 32 Vassar St, Cambridge, MA 02142
    Register: MIT Gamelab website

Free Cosplay Workshop: PAX East Prep 2017
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/free-cosplay-workshop-pax-east-prep-2017-tickets-31738370320
    6:30-9:30PM @ Artisan's Asylum, Inc, 10 Tyler Street, Somerville, MA 02143
    Info: This session is held once a week on Thursday nights from 6:30-9:30pm leading up to PAX East 2017

Pax East 2017 Pre Party! At Bit Bar Salem
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1817468248472683/
    7-10PM @ Bit Bar Salem, 50 St Peter St, Salem, MA 01970
    Info: Facebook | Organized by George from PAX EAST FOREVER and Mike from HOWINERD.COM
    Tickets: Free Entry

Friday, March 10

PAX East Walking Tour: Road to Freedom
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pax-east-walking-tour-road-to-freedom-tickets-31554863446?aff=es2
    5PM @ Begins at Old North Church & Historic Site, 193 Salem Street, Boston, MA 02113
    Info: Follow in the footsteps of the “Sole Survivor” and explore the real life locations that serve as inspiration for Fallout 4’s Freedom Trail.
    Tickets: $15 Eventbrite

Made In MA at PAX East 2017 Party
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/made-in-ma-at-pax-east-2017-party-tickets-31757054204
    6-10:30PM @ District Hall, 75 Northern Avenue, Boston, MA 02210
    Info: Mass DIGI
    Tickets: $10 Eventbrite

Saturday, March 11

NECA (New England Cosplayers Association) at SkyZone
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/neca-at-sky-zone-tickets-30804383741?aff=es2
    3-6PM @ Liberty Tree Mall, 100 Independence Way, Danvers, MA 01923
    Info: Tickets buy you an hour pass to jump, socks to use for the trampolines, and pizza with soda.
    Tickets: $20 Eventbrite

PAX East Bar Citizen
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pax-east-bar-citizen-tickets-31291137635?aff=es2
    8-11PM @ Jacob Wirth Restaurant, 31-37 Stuart Street, Boston, MA 02116
    Info: New England Bar Citizen would like to invite you to a Star Citizen meetup during PAX East!

RT Community PAX East After Party
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rt-community-pax-east-after-party-tickets-31567222412
    8-11PM @District Hall, 75 Northern Avenue, Boston, MA 02210
    Info: This event is for people of the RT Community looking to hangout after PAX, chat, snack, drink, and get to know one another.
    Tickets: $20 Eventbrite

Sunday, March 12

PAX East Walking Tour: Road to Freedom
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pax-east-walking-tour-road-to-freedom-tickets-31554863446?aff=es2
    5PM @ Begins at Old North Church & Historic Site, 193 Salem Street, Boston, MA 02113
    Info: Follow in the footsteps of the “Sole Survivor” and explore the real life locations that serve as inspiration for Fallout 4’s Freedom Trail.
    Tickets: $15 Eventbrite

Monday, March 13

The Protomen, MC Frontalot, Bit Brigade
    https://www.facebook.com/events/176565699490778/
    7PM @ Royale Nightclub, 279 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02116
    Info: Website | Facebook | League Podcast & Rock On! Concerts are proud to announce The Protomen returning to Boston
    Tickets: $20 Ticketweb

Curator of joy and love at SideQuesting.com
    Made in MA is also free for students. Just email them with your student email and they will send a code :)

DXLJjjr.png
    Im sure Harmonix, Acer will prob have a after party but the full list prob wont be known for at least a few more weeks. I have the Made in MA as a backup if i dont go to the twitch afterparty which is insanely hard to get a direct answer regarding that. Ill be away from a computer from 2/15-2/20 So i will prob miss some new ones if they come up during that time.

xhdr64jir3c2.png
  • RmaxpRmaxp Registered User new member
    edited February 2017
    Do you need to register for the bit bar pre-party? The facebook link doesn't seem to be working...

Rmaxp on
    Rmaxp wrote: »
    Do you need to register for the bit bar pre-party? The facebook link doesn't seem to be working...

It's not you, I even went to Facebook, went to where said user posted the event. It's even broken. Guess event is no more?

RedK232 wrote: »
    Im sure Harmonix, Acer will prob have a after party but the full list prob wont be known for at least a few more weeks. I have the Made in MA as a backup if i dont go to the twitch afterparty which is insanely hard to get a direct answer regarding that. Ill be away from a computer from 2/15-2/20 So i will prob miss some new ones if they come up during that time.

Agreed per Twitch. I've yet to hear back on that one myself.

For Harmonix I'd advise subscribing to twitter alerts. Thats where most communication happens. Hopefully Asus has another solid party like in 2015.

DXLJjjr.png
  • Nicholasrnld93Nicholasrnld93 Registered User new member
    Made in MA. How Popular and exciting is that party?

Made in MA has been pretty good in years past not sure what it will be like this year.

• kewlratskewlrats Detroit-ishRegistered User regular
    Made in MA. How Popular and exciting is that party?

I've really enjoyed the party each year. Definitely worth checking out. And packed with people, too.

Curator of joy and love at SideQuesting.com
  • CabadrinCabadrin Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Made in MA has typically been the kick-off party for game devs at PAX East, but it's always cool for regular congoers to come along! In the past it's been as big as 1,000 people. Usually it's Thursday night, but this year it's Friday night due to construction at Microsoft's NERD center, and the need to reschedule.

Drinks are usually cash bar, but there's typically snacks for free. Plus a bunch of geeks to meet from local game dev studios (like me!).

e2TtnRd.png
  • casstronautcasstronaut Boston, MARegistered User regular
    So this link for Acer party tickets (Fri Mar 10) was posted in the PAX East Parties Facebook group. I haven't seen it confirmed elsewhere yet and am trying to figure out if it's legitimate.

• robirexrobirex BostonRegistered User regular
    So this link for Acer party tickets (Fri Mar 10) was posted in the PAX East Parties Facebook group. I haven't seen it confirmed elsewhere yet and am trying to figure out if it's legitimate.

Looks legit. Though last year they posted their tickets on TicketLeap and this year it is TicketFly, so it's worth keeping an eye on. If I think about it, later today I'll call over to Royale to confirm. Good catch. I wanted to check this out this year since I missed it last year. Thanks!

6pq9je4.png